PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard and Paul George Reportedly in Contact With James Harden

Lebron23
08-27-2023, 10:30 AM
The two LA Clippers stars have reportedly connected with James Harden amidst his trade request

In this story:

As James Harden attempts to facilitate a trade from the Philadelphia 76ers to the LA Clippers, the star guard has reportedly been in contact with both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Speaking recently on the Good Word podcast, Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports said Harden, Leonard, and George are seemingly all on the same page.

"What I've heard is that hey, James has been in conversation with Paul and Kawhi, and they're all kind of on the same page," Goodwill said.

This is not uncommon when star players are attempting to reach a preferred destination, as that team's current stars are almost always in the loop on what the current situation is. While this is something the NBA may not like to hear, it's far from a secret, as Harden has already been very public about his desire to be traded.

With the 76ers reportedly shutting down trade talks with the Clippers, it's unclear how a Harden trade can still materialize between Philadelphia and LA. Not interested in what the Clippers are offering, the 76ers are currently making it known that they're willing to bring an unhappy Harden into training camp. Whether this changes between now and the start of the regular season is still to be determined, but that's where things stand at the moment.

With Leonard and George reportedly on board, it seems the Clippers are still open to the possibility of dealing for Harden, but remain either unwilling or incapable of meeting Philadelphia's asking price.

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/kawhi-leonard-and-paul-george-reportedly-in-contact-with-james-harden

JohnMax
08-27-2023, 11:59 AM
These stars are all demanding trades to stop Lebron from winning more championships. It isn't coincidence they're all asking out after the Lakers make conference finals.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2023, 12:45 PM
These stars are all demanding trades to stop Lebron from winning more championships. It isn't coincidence they're all asking out after the Lakers make conference finals.

They are most likely more concerned with the team that swept them.

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2023, 01:45 PM
They are most likely more concerned with the team that swept them.

Prob not given that never happened

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2023, 02:15 PM
Prob not given that never happened

No it is documented fact that the NBA champion Nuggets swept the Lakers. It happened in May of this year. I am not making this up, as hard as it may be for you to believe. The Nuggets having established themselves as the best team in the NBA last season they are now the team everyone will be gunning for.

Assuming James and the Clippers are colluding and not just exchanging the names of good doctors that is.

dazzer87
08-27-2023, 02:27 PM

LeBroooom……..

ILLsmak
08-27-2023, 04:28 PM
To me, unless they want one of those dudes, I dunno what the asking price could be? I don't think James Harden is worth it and it's gonna be another repeat of the SAME SHIT. Maybe they want like some 2026 draft picks or something. They got plenty of dudes to trade w/ high salaries that are replaceable. Zubac it's pretty legit, but I don't think that would be the deal breaker. If they're not giving up a decent big, I don't see why everything else isn't on the table, except for late year draft picks.

But, again, even tho James Harden would fit better with those two because they don't need the ball like he does... I still think he'd have to change how he plays to the point that he probably won't be able to do it. They just need a couple big-ish guys. Marcus can go. Covington can go. Batum can go. The only person on that roster I'd hold onto that I don't think could be replaced well enough w/ a min guy is Zub. Give up a young guy or two, too. Dunno. Harden is trash, but superteams sell tix and the good thing about Harden is if those guys are injured, he can be out there chucking with bums and win some games.

But otoh damn I didn't realize how old dood is and how frail. He used to be a full season player. Of course, he was prol just being a baby. He def wasn't injured like those other guys.

-Smak

Full Court
08-27-2023, 04:53 PM
LeBroooom……..

https://i.giphy.com/media/6hfuPOsgNQaNUkdEx6/giphy.webp