PDA

View Full Version : How good is Damian Lillard exactly

Street Hunger
08-27-2023, 07:17 PM
On the one hand Damian Lillard has been a big stat producer for a very long time. He can clearly score on almost any single defender.

On the other, has he really had a successful NBA career? Like it's not his fault that the trail blazers have never had a particularly great roster. But is there any real evidence that he actually elevates team success. Or that he really is a huge difference maker.

Am I missing it? It's possible. Has he dragged them into victories that they wouldn't have achieved otherwise? I might just forgetting some of his heroics?

Full Court
08-28-2023, 05:42 PM
If he was on the right team, he could have been in the mix as a contender. As far as elevating team success, where would the Blazers have been without him? Anyone with his offensive firepower will elevate team success. I don't see how that's a question.

Jasper
08-28-2023, 06:37 PM
swap dame for holiday , and bucks win multiple chips.

RRR3
08-28-2023, 06:42 PM
You could make the case he’s a top 10 PG of all time so he’s pretty ****ing great.

Baller234
08-28-2023, 06:53 PM
He's one of the best and most talented individual scorers for a man his size the league has ever seen, and he has the heart to go with it.

The buzzer beater he hit on OKC during the 2019 playoffs to send them home is one of the all time greatest shots I have ever seen. The confidence to take that shot and also the sheer disrespect was just off the charts. I will never forget where I was that moment.

90sgoat
08-28-2023, 09:17 PM
CJ was more important.