PDA

View Full Version : You’ve never seen a less entertaining 28 points.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2023, 08:05 PM
https://youtu.be/fLztZrCRqh0?si=PFc9KXEn2mjflzOb

That guy was so good though. I’ll absolutely never be able to make you see it…but he was.

In this particular case I don’t even blame you for not seeing it. Dude did nothing with style and nothing stood out at a glance but his basic ass but effective passing. I give you a pass for watching that and thinking the 90s were weak.

Just this once.

Kblaze8855
08-28-2023, 08:34 PM
Having thought about it there are probably less entertaining games where Harden did this:

https://s.imgfi.com/images/IMG_6038.gif

and arm hooked/flopped/leg kicked on the way to 28 points with like 5 made field goals.

Im Still Ballin
08-29-2023, 01:58 AM
Looks and plays similar to Duncan. Textbook form/technique.

Kblaze8855
08-29-2023, 05:37 AM
Duncan had more flair and suddenness to his post game as well as more explosive plays. Brad was…deliberate is the nice way to put it. really consistent and hard to stop and on the shortlist of the best pick and roll bigs of all time but you could watch every shot he made for two seasons and not find one thing to rewind.

HylianNightmare
08-29-2023, 08:53 AM
Soft touch...I guess that's nice

jlip
08-29-2023, 10:22 AM
Looks and plays similar to Duncan. Textbook form/technique.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. Offensively, he looked like a "less athletic" Duncan, if that even makes sense.

Im Still Ballin
08-29-2023, 10:40 AM
Daugherty had that unique ability that big men like McHale, Mikan, and Jokic possess/possessed. They don't bring the ball down; they keep it high. Combine it with size, quick jumping, active hands, natural instincts, and a soft touch and you have a paint beast.

If the Celtics, who own the Seattle SuperSonics' draft pick, get into the May 11 lottery and win it, look for Red Auerbach, the Celtic president, to select Brad Daugherty. Auerbach has been touting the North Carolina center for weeks. ''He plays with his hand up like Kevin McHale,'' said Auerbach. ''He could be another McHale for us, a 6-11 guy, who can play with center or power forward for us.''

nineiron
08-29-2023, 05:01 PM
i've seen PLENTY of less entertaining 28 points. how about every game where Lebron scored 28 or more? nothing but stiff arms, travels and uncontested dunks/layups.