PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Hall of Fame Questionnaire

L.Kizzle
08-30-2023, 12:55 PM
A new group of players were recently inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. With that being said there are unfortunately guys who have yet to be inducted who most think have the credentials to do so. I came up with what I think are the 14 best players not yet in the Hall of Fame. Of these 14, which 4 would you choose for the Hall? Do you think more than 4 deserve the honor or the Hall got it right and none of these 14 belong?

Before I begin with the 14, these guys played in the early early days. Max Zaslofsky and Alex Groza got banned from the league for a highly publicized point shaving scandal. Max was a 4x All-NBA 1st teamer and Alex 2x.
Bob Feerick was 3x All-NBA (2× 1st Team) but only played three seasons in the 40s. Now, the list:

Larry Foust | Retired 1962 | 8x All-Star (Only 8x+ All-Star not in the HoF) | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP didn't exist until later in his career past his peak

Gene Shue | Retired 1964 | 5x All-Star | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 7

Walter Davis | Retired 1992 | 6x All-Star | 2x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 5

Marques Johnson | Retired 1990 | 5x All-Star | 3x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 6

Shawn Kemp | Retired 2003 | 6x All-Star | 3x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 7

Chauncey Billups | Retired 2014 | 5x All-Star | 3x All-NBA | 2x All-Defense | MVP Voting High 5 | Finals MVP

Amare Stoudemire | Retired 2016 | 6x All-Star | 5x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 6

Jermaine O'Neal | Retired 2014 | 6 All-Star | 3x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 3

Penny Hardaway | Retired 2008 | 4x All-Star | 3x All-NBA (2x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 3

Kevin Johnson | Retired 2000 | 3x All-Star | 5x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 7

Mark Price | Retired 1998 | 4x All-Star | 4x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 7

Brad Daugherty | Retired 1994 | 5x All-Star | 1x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 10

Gus Williams | Retired 1987 | 2x All-Star | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 5

Norm Van Lier | Retired 1979 | 3x All-Star | 1x All-NBA | 8x All-Defense (3x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 9

Now, on the flip side is there a Hall of Famer (or multiple HoF'ers) that you think do not deserve their spot and maybe trade them out for one of the above 14?

P.S. NBA CAREERS ONLY Guys like Dino Radja and Toni Kukoc made it for their international career. Their NBA career is an added bonus.

Kblaze8855
08-30-2023, 04:01 PM
About nine of them played basketball at or above the level that got people in their peer group inducted. that said I wouldn’t actually add any of them because I don’t think it should be as easy to get in the Hall of Fame as it is. But just based on who is already in there? I would add Kevin Johnson, Mark Price, Shawn Kemp, and Amare with Johnson, Gus, and Penny hard cuts.

once again to make a Hall of Fame, I was in charge of none of them make it but the hall as it is? Different story.

FultzNationRISE
08-30-2023, 04:12 PM
Just LOL at any era with guys named Gus, Norm, and Gene.

Imagine comparing that shit to the league Lebron played his career in.

Kblaze8855
08-30-2023, 04:17 PM
As opposed to Wardell and Timothy who have 7 titles in his career?

L.Kizzle
08-30-2023, 04:36 PM
About nine of them played basketball at or above the level that got people in their peer group inducted. that said I wouldn’t actually add any of them because I don’t think it should be as easy to get in the Hall of Fame as it is. But just based on who is already in there? I would add Kevin Johnson, Mark Price, Shawn Kemp, and Amare with Johnson, Gus, and Penny hard cuts.

once again to make a Hall of Fame, I was in charge of none of them make it but the hall as it is? Different story.
Interesting, you'd take Kemp and Price over Penny and Marques Johnson?
And also, maybe Amare hasn't been retired long enough. He played overseas for a while after the NBA I believe

Kblaze8855
08-30-2023, 04:40 PM
We’re talking about a combined seven or eight years in the true form we’d like to remember verses about 12 years for kemp and price. Not that any of the 4 had the career they should have.

kawhileonard2
09-02-2023, 12:10 AM
A new group of players were recently inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. With that being said there are unfortunately guys who have yet to be inducted who most think have the credentials to do so. I came up with what I think are the 14 best players not yet in the Hall of Fame. Of these 14, which 4 would you choose for the Hall? Do you think more than 4 deserve the honor or the Hall got it right and none of these 14 belong?

Before I begin with the 14, these guys played in the early early days. Max Zaslofsky and Alex Groza got banned from the league for a highly publicized point shaving scandal. Max was a 4x All-NBA 1st teamer and Alex 2x.
Bob Feerick was 3x All-NBA (2× 1st Team) but only played three seasons in the 40s. Now, the list:

Larry Foust | Retired 1962 | 8x All-Star (Only 8x+ All-Star not in the HoF) | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP didn't exist until later in his career past his peak

Gene Shue | Retired 1964 | 5x All-Star | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 7

Walter Davis | Retired 1992 | 6x All-Star | 2x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 5

Marques Johnson | Retired 1990 | 5x All-Star | 3x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 6

Shawn Kemp | Retired 2003 | 6x All-Star | 3x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 7

Chauncey Billups | Retired 2014 | 5x All-Star | 3x All-NBA | 2x All-Defense | MVP Voting High 5 | Finals MVP

Amare Stoudemire | Retired 2016 | 6x All-Star | 5x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 6

Jermaine O'Neal | Retired 2014 | 6 All-Star | 3x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 3

Penny Hardaway | Retired 2008 | 4x All-Star | 3x All-NBA (2x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 3

Kevin Johnson | Retired 2000 | 3x All-Star | 5x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 7

Mark Price | Retired 1998 | 4x All-Star | 4x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 7

Brad Daugherty | Retired 1994 | 5x All-Star | 1x All-NBA | MVP Voting High 10

Gus Williams | Retired 1987 | 2x All-Star | 2x All-NBA (1x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 5

Norm Van Lier | Retired 1979 | 3x All-Star | 1x All-NBA | 8x All-Defense (3x 1st Team) | MVP Voting High 9

Now, on the flip side is there a Hall of Famer (or multiple HoF'ers) that you think do not deserve their spot and maybe trade them out for one of the above 14?

P.S. NBA CAREERS ONLY Guys like Dino Radja and Toni Kukoc made it for their international career. Their NBA career is an added bonus.

Shawn Kemp
Kevin Johnson
Penny Hardaway
Mark Price

kawhileonard2
09-02-2023, 12:11 AM
Just LOL at any era with guys named Gus, Norm, and Gene.

Imagine comparing that shit to the league Lebron played his career in.

Lebron won bronze medal against Carlos Arroyo and Vassilis Spanoulis