PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson never coach in the olympics and fiba world

Lebron23
09-04-2023, 05:44 AM
What is up with that?? I heard he was offered to coach team USA in 1996 and 2000. His triangle offense might get expose in international competitions.

JohnMax
09-04-2023, 12:52 PM
USA Men's Olympic Basketball Coaches (https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/usa-olympic-basketball-coaches)

1992 Barcelona, Spain Chuck Daly
1996 Atlanta, Georgia Lenny Wilkens
2000 Sydney, Australia Rudy Tomjanovich
2004 Athens, Greece Larry Brown
2008 Beijing, China Mike Krzyzewski
2012 London, England Mike Krzyzewski
2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Mike Krzyzewski
2021 Tokyo, Japan Gregg Popovich

CurryOverLebron
09-04-2023, 12:59 PM
The Bulls actually made the Conference Finals the year before he was hired. He took them over the top but they were a rising contender anyway.

ILLsmak
09-04-2023, 04:28 PM
Phil did what he wanted haha. I think the whole USA/FIBA stuff is just for tryhards. I doubt he'd have them running the triangle, but the triangle is basically impossible to stop with the right players. If anything, it would be hard to run it with a bunch of the lo iq superstars. Just like Phil never coached the Knicks. He just got some money. Coaching is hard work. Phil is an actual genius, though. He might not have been the best x o guy, but he had Tex, but in terms of working with players and getting the best out of them, he did that extremely well as a coach. I bet even da late great Kobe would say that.

-Smak