PDA

View Full Version : Hypothesis: Those who prefer LeBron/Jordan choose Ronaldo/Messi

elementally morale
09-07-2023, 01:46 PM
You can't really go wrong with either. But. MJ fans would prefer Messi's style and LeBron fans would prefer C. Ronaldo's.
Shaq fans usually side with LeBron. Duncan fans prefer Jordan. At least that's what I think.

When rooting for someone how much of that is playing style?

I for one prefer finesse, passing and team basketball so I'd go with Magic, Bird, Nash and Jokic all day. Or nice offense+defense and then Hakeem and Embiid. But you can't really go wrong with a power team like Shaq and LeBron together either. However, most of the time I'm bored with power players. So for me it is Messi, no question. Those who prefer throwing it down and jump out of the building power players would side with C. Ronald. (I think.)

So how does it work across different sports? Tennis for example? Or even boxing.

Xiao Yao You
09-07-2023, 02:01 PM
MJ wasn't really might type of player but he's certainly the GOAT anyway

elementally morale
09-07-2023, 02:40 PM
MJ wasn't really might type of player but he's certainly the GOAT anyway

It's not really the point of this exercise but okay. ;-)

nineiron
09-07-2023, 02:41 PM
You can't really go wrong with either. But. MJ fans would prefer Messi's style and LeBron fans would prefer C. Ronaldo's.
Shaq fans usually side with LeBron. Duncan fans prefer Jordan. At least that's what I think.

When rooting for someone how much of that is playing style?

I for one prefer finesse, passing and team basketball so I'd go with Magic, Bird, Nash and Jokic all day. Or nice offense+defense and then Hakeem and Embiid. But you can't really go wrong with a power team like Shaq and LeBron together either. However, most of the time I'm bored with power players. So for me it is Messi, no question. Those who prefer throwing it down and jump out of the building power players would side with C. Ronald. (I think.)

So how does it work across different sports? Tennis for example? Or even boxing.

makes sense. i find that most ppl that support Shaq, Lebron, Giannis and Ronaldo are simpletons. they focus on physical attributes rather than skill and don't mind watching ugly play styles.

those that support Duncan, Messi and MJ prefer watching highly skilled players that play with style and grace.

MJ, Kobe, Iverson were all rare breeds in that they had elite skill paired with elite athleticism.

dankok8
09-07-2023, 02:41 PM
Eh I don't know that there is a pattern there.

Xiao Yao You
09-07-2023, 04:09 PM
makes sense. i find that most ppl that support Shaq, Lebron, Giannis and Ronaldo are simpletons. they focus on physical attributes rather than skill and don't mind watching ugly play styles.

those that support Duncan, Messi and MJ prefer watching highly skilled players that play with style and grace.

MJ, Kobe, Iverson were all rare breeds in that they had elite skill paired with elite athleticism.

MJ also had high IQ. Iverson and Kobe were just gunners

bison
09-07-2023, 05:24 PM
Lordbe and MJ were international icons highly respected by the futbol community. On the other hand you would never see Lebron in a commercial with Messi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPkdTNbcY8

elementally morale
09-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Lordbe and MJ were international icons highly respected by the futbol community. On the other hand you would never see Lebron in a commercial with Messi.

I can't imagine LeBron with Messi in a commercial. I can easily picture him with Ronaldo or Haaland.