PDA

View Full Version : Was Lebron James The Most ATHLETIC Player Ever In 2009? | Best Highlights

Lebron23
09-08-2023, 05:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBWdMN-3bA

Im Still Ballin
09-08-2023, 06:21 AM
Depends on your criteria. Michael Jordan and Allen Iverson are the pound-for-pound kings. Both of them are more well-rounded athletic specimens. LeBron is lacking in some areas: two-footed jumping, lateral movement, change of direction speed, agility, fluidity, etc. He's not bad in these areas per se; rather, he's just comparatively weak compared to his other athletic qualities.

I'd say MJ is the most perfect athletic specimen. He had it all.

Jimmy Rustler
09-08-2023, 06:34 AM
Wilt was more athletic. Hands down.

PAOK
09-08-2023, 06:38 AM
Also Orlando Shaq has to be in the discussion

Baller234
09-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Depends on your criteria. Michael Jordan and Allen Iverson are the pound-for-pound kings. Both of them are more well-rounded athletic specimens. LeBron is lacking in some areas: two-footed jumping, lateral movement, change of direction speed, agility, fluidity, etc. He's not bad in these areas per se; rather, he's just comparatively weak compared to his other athletic qualities.

I'd say MJ is the most perfect athletic specimen. He had it all.

Speed? Lebron was freakishly fast for a guy his size. Looked like Derrick Rose at times.

MJ had more hang time but that's also because he's lighter. Lebron is faster, quicker and more explosive.

Im Still Ballin
09-08-2023, 10:56 AM
Speed? Lebron was freakishly fast for a guy his size. Looked like Derrick Rose at times.

MJ had more hang time but that's also because he's lighter. Lebron is faster, quicker and more explosive.

Change of direction speed. Not speed. Two different things.

Baller234
09-08-2023, 11:27 AM
Change of direction speed. Not speed. Two different things.

Lebron at his peak definitely sprinted faster than Jordan.

I'm saying this as a Jordan fan and as someone who can't stand Lebron.

Im Still Ballin
09-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Lebron at his peak definitely sprinted faster than Jordan.

I'm saying this as a Jordan fan and as someone who can't stand Lebron.

Change of direction speed is about making hard cuts. LeBron was stiffer in this regard. Much more of a line-drive athlete. LeBron couldn't stop on a dime and change direction or pace as well as Mike.

1987_Lakers
09-08-2023, 11:31 AM
He's in the discussion. As well as Vince Carter

Wally450
09-08-2023, 11:31 AM
LeBron 2009: Athletic prime
LeBron 2013: All around prime
LeBron 2018: IQ prime

Baller234
09-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Change of direction speed is about making hard cuts. LeBron was stiffer in this regard. Much more of a line-drive athlete. LeBron couldn't stop on a dime and change direction or pace as well as Mike.

Oh, ok. I didn't know what you were saying. I thought you were saying Jordan was faster.

Im Still Ballin
09-08-2023, 12:05 PM
MJ was hands down the best jumper ever. He could go off two feet, both left and right; he jumped high, quick, and far. You put all those factors together and it's no wonder why he had more hang time than anyone. Combine that with immaculate skills and big hands and you have the most aesthetic player ever.

There's no other player as well-rounded a jumper as Mike. LeBron's two-foot jump was lacking in height and quickness; Vince was two-foot dominant and wasn't nearly as quick to get off the floor. Dominique and Rose were up there too, but I'll need to rewatch footage to assess them.