PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Olympic Team USA Roster Changes

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 09:34 AM
No one deserves a spot on the team, except for Anthony Edwards from this 2023 FIBA team.

That was another tremendously disappointing showing we need athleticism to intimidate other countries, one of our only historical true overwhelming advantages, and we need more size, bangers, overall talent and more big scoring guns.

France and Canada, are going to show up with even better roster as well.

Tatum is already on the trajectory, not quite there yet, but he needs to be our de facto Kevin Durant replacement, a go-getter who can get a bucket at any time.

C - Adebayo / Allen / Mobley
F - Tatum / Zion / Gordon
F - Booker / Brown
G - Mitchell / Edwards
G - Morant / Garland

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 09:58 AM
A lot of those guys were likely offered a spot but decided they needed time off.

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:01 AM
A lot of those guys were likely offered a spot but decided they needed time off.
THIS year. And now it’s different circumstances and the Olympics NEXT year are in a very desirable location. So, those don’t equate. It has happened before where usually the FIBA team gets slightly lesser talent. American hold the Olympic Gold Medal in higher esteem and prestige than FIBA. Which only basketball fans care about. Totally different so ummm ok? And if these players have any type of pride, after another poor showing, they’ll want to show up. KD wasn’t on the 2019 FIBA team but played in the 2021 Olympics.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 10:02 AM
Good team, I would not bring Morant or Zion, they're headcases.

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
F - Adebayo / Gordon
F - Tatum / Edwards
G - Booker / Brown
G - TJ Mc Connell / Reaves

You need some point guards who are content to simply pass the ball.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:04 AM
this year's team beats a team with Mitchell and Morant starting. I'd be surprised if Hill wants Mitchell. They lost to Germany because of bad D. Mitchell isn't helping them there. Neither is Zion

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:04 AM

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
F - Adebayo / Gordon
F - Tatum / Edwards
G - Booker / Brown

Haliburton doesn't like to pass the ball?

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:06 AM

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
F - Adebayo / Gordon
F - Tatum / Edwards
G - Booker / Brown

Yeah, but that would be good for rehabilitating their image, and you can’t give up on them. They’re still young and they need to shape up as the two best next generation American players besides Tatum.

Also, people said the same thing about Allen Iverson, and he was awesome.

Get them on good behavior surrounded by elite peers … I want the intimidation factor of Ja Morant and Zion Williamson’s athleticism.

Like I said, athleticism, I think is one of the key reasons for intimidation factor that is also the overwhelming trump card that our best teams were able to play. I wanna watch Ja Morant try to dunk everybody in the lane. They bring the fear factor.

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:08 AM
this year's team beats a team with Mitchell and Morant starting. I'd be surprised if Hill wants Mitchell. They lost to Germany because of bad D. Mitchell isn't helping them there. Neither is Zion

Who asked for your opinion, you notoriously don’t know what you’re talking about. And you’re a dumb foreigner. Let the Americans talk about basketball. You think Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity is some great amazing basketball player :oldlol: relax. Let the grown ups talk.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:09 AM
Yeah, but that would be good for rehabilitating their image, and you can’t give up on them. They’re still young and they need to shape up as the two best next generation American players besides Tatum.

Also, people said the same thing about Allen Iverson, and he was awesome.

Get them on good behavior surrounded by elite peers … I want the intimidation factor of Ja Morant and Zion Williamson’s athleticism.

Like I said, athleticism, I think is one of the key reasons for intimidation factor that is also the overwhelming trump card that our best teams were able to play. I wanna watch Ja Morant try to dunk everybody in the lane. They bring the fear factor.

Iverson was awesome on our worst olympic team ever :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:09 AM
THIS year. And now it’s different circumstances and the Olympics NEXT year are in a very desirable location. So, those don’t equate. It has happened before where usually the FIBA team gets slightly lesser talent. American hold the Olympic Gold Medal in higher esteem and prestige than FIBA. Which only basketball fans care about. Totally different so ummm ok? And if these players have any type of pride, after another poor showing, they’ll want to show up. KD wasn’t on the 2019 FIBA team but played in the 2021 Olympics.

I think the next team will be better but history tells us that the older guys get the lead likely they are to play. I haven't heard any of those guys comment on it but a deep playoff run or nagging injury could keep any of those guys out.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:10 AM
Who asked for your opinion, you notoriously don’t know what you’re talking about. And you’re a dumb foreigner. Let the Americans talk about basketball. You think Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity is some great amazing basketball player :oldlol: relax. Let the grown ups talk.

I'm an American. The USA wins if Gobert is in the middle instead of Banchero. Not much doubt about it

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
“You want to end on a high note; we didn’t do that, so it’s obviously disappointing. But it was a fun experience. Every time you can play for the USA, it’s a privilege and an honor,” Tyrese Haliburton said. If nothing else, the USA secured their place for the 2024 Paris Olympics, and Haliburton is ready to help the national team again. “100 percent. If they want me back, it’s a no-brainer for me.“ (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551942/tyrese-haliburton-fiba-basketball-was-a-fun-experience/)

– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551942/tyrese-haliburton-fiba-basketball-was-a-fun-experience/)

Despite the feeling of losing a bronze medal game, Mikal Bridges will never say no to Team USA: “I think I will never say no, it’s an honor every time. No matter the result, I wouldn’t trade those six weeks. (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551876/steve-kerr-on-reminders-about-the-difficulties-in-fiba-we-are-passed-that/) The biggest thing is the relationship we built. That’s what I take away from this”.
– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551876/steve-kerr-on-reminders-about-the-difficulties-in-fiba-we-are-passed-that/)

got two commits. Bridges plays both ends. Haliburton is unselfish. Both fit the bill

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:13 AM
I'm an American. The USA wins if Gobert is in the middle instead of Banchero. Not much doubt about it

Did France win?

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:14 AM

Precisely why you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s been proven from you time and time again. But it’s funny because you speak with the conviction like you do, above all else as if some type of authority :oldlol: your shit is consistently laughably wrong. Stick to Jazz and Goebert fandom.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:15 AM
The bad thing about the USA is that it’s not easy for them to act like other national teams and build real continuity, as Steve Kerr once more admitted: “It’s hard to build continuity because we have so much turnover from year to year. (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551876/steve-kerr-on-reminders-about-the-difficulties-in-fiba-we-are-passed-that/) We have to focus on what’s winning a FIBA game. The NBA is very different from FIBA and some things will be good and vice versa. There’s a lot to learn for sure”.

– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/1551876/steve-kerr-on-reminders-about-the-difficulties-in-fiba-we-are-passed-that/)

which is why I'd look to bring back most of this team if they want to come back.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Haliburton doesn't like to pass the ball?

Not really, not like a true point guard like TJ or Rondo. Not even as much as Schroeder.

Besides, an all black team has its own issues. What the NBA is lacking is more white basketball culture, not less.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Precisely why you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s been proven from you time and time again. But it’s funny because you speak with the conviction like you do, above all else as if some type of authority :oldlol: your shit is consistently laughably wrong. Stick to Jazz and Goebert fandom.

you start a thread and don't want people to have an opinion unless it agrees with yours. OK! :lol

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 10:17 AM
Not really, not like a true point guard like TJ or Rondo. Not even as much as Schroeder.

He's a true pg as much as anyone today. Certainly more than Schroeder or McConnell. Again McConnell can't shoot which is one of the most important things you need

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:18 AM

Do you know who Garland is and his instincts as a player? He can do both, like CP3. I would have him or maybe throw LaMelo out there.

Besides, an all black team has its own issues. What the NBA is lacking is more white basketball culture, not less.

This however is facts. You need the mix, it creates better basketball teams. Black culture basketball can lean far too heavily into selfishness. And getting yo shine on.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:27 AM

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something stupid.

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something stupid.
Nothing said was really stupid. There’s some validity in what he’s saying.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Nothing said was really stupid. There’s some validity in what he’s saying.

Of course a racist would agree with another racist.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 10:33 AM

It's the truth though. Black basketball is different from white basketball, everyone knows it and they even made a movie about it.

White man can't jump and blacks don't care if they lose as long as they look good. Stereotypes are only that, but there for a reason.

As I see it, the NBA has for the last 20 years catered more and more to black basketball culture, which is also why there isn't a single all star white american in years.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:38 AM
Who was the white player on the 2020 team? You guys are laser focused on race for whatever reasons related to your screwed up backgrounds when the important factors are talent and chemistry and roster construction. If a white player or players fits well then put them in. But what you guys are talking about is nonsense. Your fellow racist idiot made a desired roster in his OP that didn't have any white players before your stupidity excited his own inner moron.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 10:40 AM
Who was the white player on the 2020 team? You guys are laser focused on race for whatever reasons related to your screwed up backgrounds when the important factors are talent and chemistry and roster construction. If a white player or players fits well then put them in. But what you guys are talking about is nonsense. Your fellow racist idiot made a desired roster in his OP that didn't have any white players before your stupidity excited his own inner moron.

It's not really to do with there not being white players on the team, but the reason there are no white players if often because of white basketball no longer having a place in the NBA. This is simple facts. In the same period as white europeans have taken over the NBA, the white american is gone. This is obviously because of AAU ball.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 10:42 AM
It's not really to do with there not being white players on the team, but the reason there are no white players if often because of white basketball no longer having a place in the NBA. This is simple facts. In the same period as white europeans have taken over the NBA, the white american is gone. This is obviously because of AAU ball.

And want Austin Reeves in the team? Your stupid argument continues to unravel. You hate black people, I get it.

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 11:02 AM

See, you have an actual intelligence. People without a brain or an eye for cold hard reality, will not be able to see this. They will have an emotional reaction and think you’re the one being racist. When it’s actually the inverse.

A white American player can’t make it like a Luka, or a Jokic who come into the league with more confidence and hype, because they weren’t denied playing time or touching the ball over seas due to basketball racism.

The American basketball system, more specifically, AAU has fetishized the black player and the super athleticism over anything else. That one player gets to hold the ball more than anybody else on these AAU teams, it also means they don’t know how to play without it in their hands, or without being the center of attention and superstar on every team.

Look how hard Austin Reeves had to fight just to get playing time on the Lakers, they had to move a washed and totally selfish Russell Westbrick. Then he proved himself. Then he shows up on team USA and he’s coming off the bench, he was the second best American player the entire tournament. Great decision making and skill. He should’ve been the starting guard next to Anthony Edwards over Jalen Brunson. The white American player now has to go far beyond the extra mile to prove their value.

And yes, the lack of white American players in the NBA has diluted the brand of team basketball, not having the white player on the floor. Who plays a more selfless but specified role usually and brings more intelligence.

That’s why I stand behind the fact that, while yes on average players today are more athletic and maybe skilled, back when white college players made it into the league mixed in with the black athletes, that is the best brand of basketball. Shit look what the Nuggets just did with their best player being totally unathletic milkman. Or the Suns with Nash.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 11:09 AM
That's quite a bit of whining. Must have been bullied by black kids. Sorry they hurt you.

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 11:24 AM

A realist with a brain agrees with another realist. I no where said one player is better than the other based on skin color. You’re too slow and too over sensitive to have this conversation. And given you’re from Boston, odds are you’re the actual racist. That’s the comedy.

PAOK
09-10-2023, 11:26 AM
The 127 points allowed against Canada, was the most team usa has ever allowed.

The next two, are the 113 against Germany and 110 against Lithuania.

This team needs more defense, especially in the interior, not more iso-scorers.

Tatum can take the KD role of the closer in crunch time, but I dont think that the likes of Ja or Zion can offer much to this team.

Ant, Hali, Bridges should be in the Olympics, probably Banchero as well with one more season under his belt.

Brunson, Ingram even though skilled, they cannot function as complementary pieces.

As for Reaves, Cam Johnson, JJJ etc they are just average in FIBA settings.

On the other hand, some hard working bigs like Allen, should also make the team in addition to Bam obviously

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 11:27 AM
That's quite a bit of whining. Must have been bullied by black kids. Sorry they hurt you.
The hell are you talking about? Don’t be over sensitive to facts. Don’t let the truth hurt your feelings. You come off like a Libtard dope, so I’m sure the only one who got bullied here, was you.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 11:33 AM
some guys not mentioned that could be in the mix:

Robert Williams( if healthy)
Maxey(does he defend at all?)
Claxton
Herro(not much of a defender right?)
D. Murray(two way player though not a great shooter)
Caruso(nice role player)
Turner
Carter Jr.
Bane
Simons

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 11:36 AM
A realist with a brain agrees with another realist. I no where said one player is better than the other based on skin color. You’re too slow and too over sensitive to have this conversation. And given you’re from Boston, odds are you’re the actual racist. That’s the comedy.

No... its quite obvious who is posting the racism in this thread.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 11:40 AM
some guys not mentioned that could be in the mix:
Maxey(does he defend at all?)
Caruso(nice role player)

These two for sure would fit well in FIBA.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2023, 11:40 AM
The hell are you talking about? Don’t be over sensitive to facts. Don’t let the truth hurt your feelings. You come off like a Libtard dope, so I’m sure the only one who got bullied here, was you.

Actually I am the one that posted the facts regarding the 2020 team and pointed out that the current roster has a white player. You are the idiot that ignored these facts and acts like the team this year lost due to a lack of white players. As of team USA wins if you replace Jalen Brunson with Payton Prichard. Your garbage is stupid and unnecessary.

Nb1
09-10-2023, 01:40 PM

The biggest event in the world is the football world cup. No one cares about the Olympics in football, basketball, etc. Olympics are just important in other sports like swimming, gymnastics, etc. For football the team can't even bring the best since only 3 players can be above 23 and no one gives a damn about it in the olympics lol. Winning the FIBA trophy is way more important than winning the olympics which is an event that the whole world doesn't care about in basketball. You ask anyone which basket team won gold medal in the olympics and no one would know, FIBA on the other hand more people would know about it.

So i find it surprising why the US would see an event that is considered a joke in higher esteem.

90sgoat
09-10-2023, 01:58 PM
The olympics has the fittest women from all over the world, and is known to basically be a swingers party, which is probably why it's popular.

ILLsmak
09-10-2023, 02:10 PM
Black basketball is different from white basketball, everyone knows it and they even made a movie about it.

LOOOOL. Someone needs to save this quote. legit ded.

-Smak

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2023, 02:11 PM
The biggest event in the world is the football world cup. No one cares about the Olympics in football, basketball, etc. Olympics are just important in other sports like swimming, gymnastics, etc. For football the team can't even bring the best since only 3 players can be above 23 and no one gives a damn about it in the olympics lol. Winning the FIBA trophy is way more important than winning the olympics which is an event that the whole world doesn't care about in basketball. You ask anyone which basket team won gold medal in the olympics and no one would know, FIBA on the other hand more people would know about it.

So i find it surprising why the US would see an event that is considered a joke in higher esteem.
Bro, I literally just said that. I said in America, we care more about the Olympics. That extends to our basketball athletes. I’m not talking about the world at large’s perspective, here nobody cares about FIBA and that’s why it usually doesn’t even get our best players … what are you tripping about? Your perspective on it, and the world’s perspective is different than the players that are playing for this country. The esteem of having a gold medal is more valuable to our nations athletes. Including basketball players. We don’t care what you guys think because I mean, being honest, our nation has the best basketball players of all time and the deepest talent pool anyway. Irregardless of Jokić, Luka, and Giannis or losing FIBA this summer.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 02:55 PM

The USA sees the olympics as most important. Gymnastics certainly isn't important as far as I'm concerned. Anything with judges are a joke. Like saying this artist is better than that one.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2023, 06:09 PM
Kristian Winfield: Team USA point guard plus-minuses in FIBA World Cup play: (https://*********.com/social/) Tyrese Haliburton: +13.1 Jalen Brunson: +4.1

– via Twitter Krisplashed (https://twitter.com/Krisplashed)

ISH's favorite stat

Baller789
09-11-2023, 02:05 AM
The USA sees the olympics as most important. Gymnastics certainly isn't important as far as I'm concerned. Anything with judges are a joke. Like saying this artist is better than that one.

So is MMA a joke?

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 06:45 AM
So is MMA a joke?

you can pin someone right? A bit different but yeah there is usually controversy when there is judging

PAOK
09-11-2023, 06:47 AM
Defensive Player of the Year Jaren Jackson Jr grabbed a grand total of 7 rebounds and blocked 1 shot, in 65 minutes of play of Team USA’s last 4 FIBA World Cup games

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2023/player/Jaren-Walter-Jackson-Jr

:biggums::biggums:

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 08:26 AM
Just give me

C - Adebayo / Jackson
F - Tatum / Draymond / Zion
F - Booker / A. Edwards / Brown
G - LaMelo / D. Mitchell
G - Morant / Garland

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 09:35 AM
Just give me

C - Adebayo / Jackson
F - Tatum / Draymond / Zion
F - Booker / A. Edwards / Brown
G - LaMelo / D. Mitchell
G - Morant / Garland

would lose to the current team. Green too old. Zion will be hurt. LeMelo at sg? Mitchell sucks. Morant can't, shoot

r0drig0lac
09-11-2023, 09:42 AM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1701223262204633130

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: LeBron James wants to represent Team USA at 2024 Paris Olympics and is spearheading group of future Hall of Famers – including Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant – prepared to commit.

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 09:47 AM
would lose to the current team. Green too old. Zion will be hurt. LeMelo at sg? Mitchell sucks. Morant can't, shoot

No they wouldn’t �� stfu. We already established you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not every player hasta be able to shoot to dominate

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 09:51 AM

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: LeBron James wants to represent Team USA at 2024 Paris Olympics and is spearheading group of future Hall of Famers – including Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant – prepared to commit.

hope they have some young guys in reserve ready to play when Davis and Lebron can't suit up

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272921/LeBron-James-Recruiting-Stars-To-Play-In-Paris-Olympics

Devin Booker, D'Aaron Fox, Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving have all also expressed interest in playing for Team USA in Paris. Anthony Edwards and Mikal Bridges are also expected receive consideration from the World Cup team. In addition, Bam Adebayo and Desmond Bane are expected to be considered for the roster.

Team USA is also expected to try to recruit Joel Embiid. Embiid hasn't suited up for an international tournament and remains eligible to play for either the United States or France, should he choose to play in the Olympics.

**** Kyrie! Fox can't shoot

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 09:53 AM
No they wouldn’t 😆 stfu. We already established you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not every player hasta be able to shoot to dominate

We established? You are the voice of ISH now eh? They aren't going to dominate no matter who they pick. You're the one that thinks the one dimensional Mitchell should be on the team and you're telling me I don't know what I'm talking about? :roll:

Kblaze8855
09-11-2023, 10:21 AM
In 2012 a team with Lebron, Kobe, Durant, and Chris Paul plus 7 all stars(4 future hall of famers) only beat Lithuania by 5. I think people are gonna be surprised how competitive these other teams are even when we send our best. We shouldn’t be at this point but nobody ever seems to remember how close some of these calls have been even when we send dream teams.

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 10:37 AM
Why? He’s undefeated for team USA, and was 2014 FIBA MVP? :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 10:55 AM
Why? He’s undefeated for team USA, and was 2014 FIBA MVP? :oldlol:

a lot has happened in the past decade

Wardell Curry
09-11-2023, 11:05 AM
In 2012 a team with Lebron, Kobe, Durant, and Chris Paul plus 7 all stars(4 future hall of famers) only beat Lithuania by 5. I think people are gonna be surprised how competitive these other teams are even when we send our best. We shouldn’t be at this point but nobody ever seems to remember how close some of these calls have been even when we send dream teams.

Curry's shooting in a low pressure environment where he doesn't have to carry teams in what will basically amount to a series of All-Star games is enough to throw everything on its head. You'll see, if they end up going.

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
a lot has happened in the past decade

And nothing to keep him off the roster

Hey Yo
09-11-2023, 11:32 AM

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-wants-to-play-in-2024-olympics-and-is-already-recruiting-other-stars-for-team-usa-per-report/

Yep.... James already committed.

Nb1
09-11-2023, 11:43 AM
People forget that in the last olympics Durant, Lillard, Booker, Tatum, Bam, etc were all there and they almost lost too, they were really lucky.

On this roster they had 3 2023 all stars, best defensive player of the year, number 1 draft picks, etc, so it's also not as if they picked the worst guys out there and the other teams also didn't have their best players out there.

The gap has been small for alot of years already now. Just have to look that many of the best players and MVP's in the NBA came from europe. This isn't 1970 anymore, the gap is small...

tpols
09-11-2023, 12:10 PM
hope they have some young guys in reserve ready to play when Davis and Lebron can't suit up

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272921/LeBron-James-Recruiting-Stars-To-Play-In-Paris-Olympics

Kyrie was an international MVP and is just as good now as he was back then. He just got done averaging 27/6/5 on elite efficiency with the Mavs a few months ago.

And Fox definitely can shoot. You must've missed his performance against the warriors in last years playoffs. His midrange game and even long range pull up ability is elite.

It's amazing how you non stop rep gobert and shit on guys who have performed way better than him at higher levels of competition.

Kblaze8855
09-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Curry's shooting in a low pressure environment where he doesn't have to carry teams in what will basically amount to a series of All-Star games is enough to throw everything on its head. You'll see, if they end up going.

They go in like it’s a series of all star games and run into a Serbian team that just beat USA but has Jokic added?

They better not **** around.

The talent disparity means almost nothing these days. Whole squads of prime hall of famers barely beat nobodies.

They better figure out some team defense.

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 12:37 PM
And nothing to keep him off the roster

Not worth the headache

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 12:37 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-wants-to-play-in-2024-olympics-and-is-already-recruiting-other-stars-for-team-usa-per-report/

Yep.... James already committed.

his body might have something to say about it

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 12:41 PM
Kyrie was an international MVP and is just as good now as he was back then. He just got done averaging 27/6/5 on elite efficiency with the Mavs a few months ago.

And Fox definitely can shoot. You must've missed his performance against the warriors in last years playoffs. His midrange game and even long range pull up ability is elite.

It's amazing how you non stop rep gobert and shit on guys who have performed way better than him at higher levels of competition.

Gobert carried a team trying to tank. Fox needed Sabonis to go anywhere. Fox is good. They need D. Fox shot 32% from 3. What you think is elite is different than most. Kyrie isn't worth the headache. They are representing the country

Proctor
09-11-2023, 12:46 PM
OP (SamuraiSWISH) got brutally exposed for pretending to be an AAU coach and has now migrated over to Team USA coach. Gotta love ISH.

:roll:

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 12:49 PM
Team USA has done some recruiting of Joel Embiid, who holds both United States and French citizenship, but the Philadelphia 76ers star has thus far been noncommittal in his plans (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38378132/sources-lebron-james-stephen-curry-interested-team-usa).

– via Brian Windhorst @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38378132/sources-lebron-james-stephen-curry-interested-team-usa)

I'd be surprised if he plays. Another one that talks a lot

embiid
durant
kawhi
pg13
curry

ad
butler
caruso

7 hofers and the goat how can you lose

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 03:01 PM

And yet claims he knows what he’s talking about, and speaks so definitively as if he’s in authority on the topic of basketball. It’s quite hilarious and delusional. He has a disdain for literally every player except Rudy Gobert :oldlol:

WhiteKyrie
09-11-2023, 03:05 PM
OP (SamuraiSWISH) got brutally exposed for pretending to be an AAU coach
That’s the only lie there. Nothing was exposed :oldlol: some hurt feeling LeBron Stan made up a hilariously lie, after being bullied by me for years on basketball topics and then spun it like he outed me (doesn’t know my name in real life) with some hilariously contrived made up story and a bunch of fellow idiots or people who got bullied as well (mostly seemed to be LeBron Stans) complete with all their alts just perpetuated it. It doesn’t make it reality, broski

Xiao Yao You
09-11-2023, 03:07 PM
embiid
durant
kawhi
pg13
curry

ad
butler
caruso

not having 5 guys that can walk on to the floor?

Manny98
09-11-2023, 03:26 PM
Gobert carried a team trying to tank. Fox needed Sabonis to go anywhere. Fox is good. They need D. Fox shot 32% from 3. What you think is elite is different than most. Kyrie isn't worth the headache. They are representing the country

Gobert couldn't even get his team past the group stage :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Devin Booker: I’ll do it (https://*********.com/social/tweets/)

I’ll do it https://t.co/77PBGNEQ0W
— Book (@DevinBook) September 12, 2023 (https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/1701736480362934458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter DevinBook (https://twitter.com/DevinBook)

paksat
09-13-2023, 09:02 AM
These guys have been conditioned by the media to hate America, and you expect them to want to play for team USA?

Lemme see, go sip on Pina coladas in Costa Rica or go play for a bunch of white neo nationalist nazis? Least that's the way a lot of them see it now.

The sense of pride you're talking about, is gone.

ShawkFactory
09-13-2023, 09:47 AM
These guys have been conditioned by the media to hate America, and you expect them to want to play for team USA?

Lemme see, go sip on Pina coladas in Costa Rica or go play for a bunch of white neo nationalist nazis? Least that's the way a lot of them see it now.

Sounds lovely.

JohnMax
09-13-2023, 10:08 AM
embiid
durant
kawhi
pg13
curry

ad
butler
caruso

Embiid will play for France. He has French citizenship, is Catholic and speaks French.

Xiao Yao You
09-13-2023, 10:31 AM
Embiid will play for France. He has French citizenship, is Catholic and speaks French.

has a US passport as well. Doubt he ever plays for anyone.

WhiteKyrie
09-13-2023, 10:33 AM

So they’ve been brainwashed by our political party on the left wing that has been bought and paid for by socialist/communist China? Conditioned to divide us, among social injustices that don’t even actually exist in reality? Even though a black man was president of the country, and voted for by the populace. Seemed like the Coach K teams (06-16) had national pride particularly the 2008 and 2012 squads.

not having 5 guys that can walk on to the floor?

the goat vs the world

Xiao Yao You
09-13-2023, 11:49 AM
Clutch Points: “I like what I see 💪🏾but don’t leave ya boy out🤔 …if ya leave me out I’m playing with Taiwan and I’m dropping 85 😅# (https://*********.com/social/)nba #basketball #legends” Dwight Howard gives LeBron James an ultimatum if he’s left off of Team USA ahead of next year’s Olympics in Paris 😂 (via… pic.twitter.com/QAAOg81Mla

– via Twitter ClutchPointsApp (https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp)

kevon looney

Xiao Yao You
09-13-2023, 11:49 AM
the goat vs the world

MJ isn't coming back

paksat
09-13-2023, 08:24 PM
So they’ve been brainwashed by our political party on the left wing that has been bought and paid for by socialist/communist China? Conditioned to divide us, among social injustices that don’t even actually exist in reality? Even though a black man was president of the country, and voted for by the populace. Seemed like the Coach K teams (06-16) had national pride particularly the 2008 and 2012 squads.

2008?

Woke policies weren't even close to kicking in let alone #metoo and all the other damaging shit like lil Wayne burning American flags, rioting, looting... Hell in 2008 I didn't even think a riot was possible in the United States.

But yes, just like not every man is a rapist.. leftist policies will have people believing different, that same stuff has had an impact on basketball

Look at the warriors not visiting the white house because of muh feelings dawg

Baller789
09-13-2023, 10:59 PM
you can pin someone right? A bit different but yeah there is usually controversy when there is judging
Of course. But without judging, do they go on until they practically die in the ring?

It may not be ideal, but until someone else thinks of a better idea, it is what it is.

MJ isn't coming back

https://i.ibb.co/nwqZsLj/243460378-4966043983426234-4592452334815380294-n-1-1.jpg

Xiao Yao You
09-14-2023, 07:38 PM
Creating Team USA’s perfect men’s basketball team for 2024 Paris Olympics (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/creating-team-usa-s-perfect-men-s-basketball-team-for-2024-paris-olympics/ar-AA1gHUbz?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=85a1f771ae5e4696a0e0c8a2a6b330e2&ei=12)

half the team might not even be physically able to play. Not a recipe for success.

Creating Team USA’s perfect men’s basketball team for 2024 Paris Olympics (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/creating-team-usa-s-perfect-men-s-basketball-team-for-2024-paris-olympics/ar-AA1gHUbz?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=85a1f771ae5e4696a0e0c8a2a6b330e2&ei=12)

half the team might not even be physically able to play. Not a recipe for success.

29 names and no kawhi

no mention of jrue and lillard who were starters last olympics

looney and caruso though :rockon:

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2023, 11:17 AM
The recent completion of the prestigious FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 has produced some eye-catching positive climbs in the latest FIBA World Ranking Men, presented by Nike. USA reclaim pole position with 786.6 points after benefiting from their consistency at major tournaments over the last three summers. (https://www.fiba.basketball/usa-back-on-top-and-world-champions-germany-take-top-three-spot-in-fiba-world-ranking-men-presented-by-nike) Finishing in fourth place at the FIBA Basketball World Cup where they outperformed former number one nation Spain, their run to the Semi-Finals came off the back of winning an Olympic title at Tokyo in 2021 and also taking bronze at the FIBA AmeriCup 2022.
– via FIBA (https://www.fiba.basketball/usa-back-on-top-and-world-champions-germany-take-top-three-spot-in-fiba-world-ranking-men-presented-by-nike)

Xiao Yao You
09-24-2023, 12:51 PM
The clock is ticking for Joel Embiid who is still undecided about which national team he may represent in the 2024 Paris Olympics. At this point, he can choose to play for the USA, France, and also for Cameroon, which got a ticket for the pre-Olympic qualifiers. It’s not a secret that the French basketball federation has approached him and speaking on the “Stephen Time show” on French radio station RMC, federation president Jean-Pierre Siutat revealed that he expects an answer by the 10th of October: “It will happen very quickly in all cases. We hope so and I think he knows it. We may have an answer by October 10. We have set this deadline.” (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/olympic-games/1557017/joel-embiid-has-a-deadline-until-the-10th-of-october-to-answer-the-french-call/)
– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/olympic-games/1557017/joel-embiid-has-a-deadline-until-the-10th-of-october-to-answer-the-french-call/)

red1
09-24-2023, 01:48 PM
thats dope. we get to see another USA dream team with lebron on it one last time.

who they really also need to send is jimmy butler. USA guards were getting backed down and played by every team and they're not doing that to jimmy.

butler with curry kd and lebron, plus they need another good big - that will make them a lock for gold

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 10:27 AM
What’s your interest level in being part of the 2024 Paris Olympics? DeRozan: “I’m always for it. I’d love to be a part of it. I’d love to be able to represent the country again. (https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-i-m-always-it-demar-derozan-looks-ahead-2024-paris-retiring-chicago-new-book-mentoring-bronny-james-exclusive) It’s definitely an honor. If I’m asked or part of the pool that can compete for it, I’m definitely in.”
– via Mark Medina @ SportsKeeda (https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-i-m-always-it-demar-derozan-looks-ahead-2024-paris-retiring-chicago-new-book-mentoring-bronny-james-exclusive)

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 11:41 AM
David Aldridge: Joel Embiid, asked if he would commit to the U.S. team for the 2024 Olympics: “I have three options (Cameroon, France, USA). My goal is to play in the Olympics. I love all three options. …it is a tough choice, but I’m probably going to make that decision in the next few days.” (https://*********.com/social/)
– via Twitter davidaldridgedc (https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc)

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Kevin Chouinard: Trae Young, on not being picked for Team USA for this summer’s World Cup and the overall level of respect paid to his career relative to other elite NBA players. “If you don’t think I’ve been disrespected, you’re just not telling the truth.” (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter KLChouinard (https://twitter.com/KLChouinard)

not a great fit. Get your team in the play off and start talking. Need defenders, knock down shooters and unselfish players. You don't fit the bill on any of them

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Chris Mannix: Fred VanVleet says he would “love” to be part of Team USA at the ’24 Olympics. VanVleet says there was some interest from USAB this summer but he was unable to make the commitment (https://*********.com/social/).

– via Twitter SIChrisMannix (https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix)

he makes more sense. Despite his size he defends. Didn't shoot as well last year

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 01:48 PM
KC Johnson: Zach LaVine said “you can’t turn down opportunities like that” when asked about a potential spot on USA Basketball at Paris Olympics. LaVIne won gold in Tokyo (https://*********.com/social/).

– via Twitter KCJHoop (https://twitter.com/KCJHoop)

better options than him

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 01:49 PM
Clutch Points: “Playing for USA Basketball, there is no greater honor… Having the opportunity to represent your community… Being able to participate would be very cool.” (https://*********.com/social/) Jaylen Brown would love to join Team USA for the 2024 Paris Olympics 🔥 (via @danield1214) pic.twitter.com/NFRy6m4r0z

didn't shoot as well either but competes at both ends

BurningHammer
10-02-2023, 01:54 PM
he makes more sense. Despite his size he defends. Didn't shoot as well last year

How many undrafted NBA players win NBA championship AND Olympic gold medal? I wouldn't mind.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 01:57 PM
NBA Central: Aaron Gordon would love to represent Team USA in the Olympics next summer “If I have the opportunity to play in Paris (Olympics), that would be amazing.” (https://*********.com/social/) (Via @HarrisonWind ) pic.twitter.com/qaPecgV6gv

– via Twitter TheNBACentral (https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral)

not a great shooter but you need some guys willing to play a role

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 02:00 PM
NBA Central: Kawhi Leonard says he wants to play for Team USA 👀 (Via @TomerAzarly ) pic.twitter.com/d88qvp8xnD

– via Twitter TheNBACentral (https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral)

get back to us if you're still walking come April

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 02:54 PM
Ryan Ward: LeBron James on playing for Team USA in Paris next year: “I do not like the way we finished this summer. We’ll see.” (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter RyanWardLA (https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA)

need guys that can be counted on. He can't be at this stage

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Brad Turner: Anthony Davis said his goal is to play all 82 games for the Lakers this season. Said he wants to be available for his teammates (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter BA_Turner (https://twitter.com/BA_Turner)

Dave McMenamin: Anthony Davis on his participation in the 2024 Olympics in Paris: “I have no idea yet” (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter mcten (https://twitter.com/mcten)

can't be counted on...next

BurningHammer
10-02-2023, 02:56 PM
It seems like FIBA WC has waken up many NBA stars. As long as they officially sign up and show up for the training camp, Team USA should be fine for at least earning medals.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 02:58 PM
It seems like FIBA WC has waken up many NBA stars. As long as they officially sign up and show up for the training camp, Team USA should be fine for at least earning medals.

it's the olympics. It always brings out more guys. America doesn't care about the World Cup unfortunately

BurningHammer
10-02-2023, 02:59 PM
it's the olympics. It always brings out more guys. America doesn't care about the World Cup unfortunately

If they don't get medals this Olympics, they may have to care about WC more. :D

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 03:03 PM
If they don't get medals this Olympics, they may have to care about WC more. :D

easier to medal. Only 12 teams. Some of the best teams won't be there

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Malika Andrews: Kevin Durant says that he is playing in the 2024 Paris Olympics (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter malika_andrews (https://twitter.com/malika_andrews)

BurningHammer
10-02-2023, 04:33 PM
Malika Andrews: Kevin Durant says that he is playing in the 2024 Paris Olympics (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter malika_andrews (https://twitter.com/malika_andrews)

The real American hero right here. :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 05:10 PM
Kendra Andrews: On the possibility of participating in the 2024 Olympics in Paris, Stephen Curry says, “I want to be playing. It’s the one thing I haven’t done … I definitely want to be there. I want to be on the team.” (https://*********.com/social/)
– via Twitter kendra__andrews (https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews)

Jeff Goodman: Jayson Tatum intends to play in the Paris Olympics next year, (https://*********.com/social/) he told @TheMessenger.
– via Twitter GoodmanHoops (https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops)

theman93
10-02-2023, 05:25 PM
Wow USA bringing out the big dogs just to try and stop the Wagner's. Crazy. Orlando about to dominate this season.

https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TWCNews/012023_n13_franzwagnerorlandomagic_01212023

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 05:27 PM
Wow USA bringing out the big dogs just to try and stop the Wagner's. Crazy. Orlando about to dominate this season.

https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TWCNews/012023_n13_franzwagnerorlandomagic_01212023

we'll see. A bunch of old guys saying they'll be playing next summer when it's only October

theman93
10-02-2023, 05:30 PM
we'll see. A bunch of old guys saying they'll be playing next summer when it's only October

I'm just here to spread Orlando Magic propaganda.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 05:33 PM
Paulo not making the team if the big guns are there

theman93
10-02-2023, 05:53 PM
Paulo not making the team if the big guns are there

He doesn't care about those geizers. Too busy forging a dynasty in Orlando tbh.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 05:56 PM
He doesn't care about those geizers. Too busy forging a dynasty in Orlando tbh.

Issac is back anyway!

theman93
10-02-2023, 06:00 PM
Issac is back anyway!

DPOY.

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/recruiting/ncb/players/full/202589.png&w=350&h=254

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 08:05 PM
Matt George: De’Aaron Fox (https://*********.com/social/) on potentiallty playing for Team USA: “Things change in the future. Right now, that’s not something I’m worried about.” (https://*********.com/social/)
– via Twitter MattGeorgeSAC (https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeSAC)

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 07:16 AM
Clutch Points: “Yeah, I wanted to play this summer, but I had other obligations. I would’ve had to leave early, so I wasn’t able to go. We’ll see what happens.” (https://*********.com/social/) Kawhi Leonard says he would play for Team USA if they ask him to in the Paris Olympics. (via @TomerAzarly) pic.twitter.com/C33lbGugDA

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 06:10 PM
Here's a list of players reportedly interested in representing the United States of America next year.

Kevin Durant, Bam Adebayo, DeMar DeRozan, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Aaron Gordon, Fred VanVleet, Brook Lopez, Kyrie Irving, Draymond Green, Zion Williamson, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Kuzma.

Most players on the list have proven themselves to be stars in the NBA. Although there hasn't been any formal announcement on how the screening process will take place, there's a chance that most players on the list could be included in the final cut (https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-team-usa-predicted-basketball-squad-olympics-2024-latest-lebron-james-inclusion-reports) of players.

Additionally, Steph Curry has hinted that he is interested in joining the national team next summer. The Golden State Warriors star also almost slipped about talking to LeBron James about joining the national team together.

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 11:17 AM
For Lillard, he wants to play in every preseason game, but that probably isn’t realistic. Even a probable invitation to the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris isn’t necessarily top of mind, either. He’s got a gold medal from the last Games in Tokyo, but his goals are more immediate — preparing for a very long year and having time with his three kids in the offseason. “I would definitely be interested. I don’t know if I can say right now to do something that I would absolutely do,” Lillard said (https://sports.yahoo.com/damian-lillard-new-head-coach-adrian-griffin-each-start-to-carve-niche-with-bucks-021628237.html).
– via Yahoo! Sports (https://sports.yahoo.com/damian-lillard-new-head-coach-adrian-griffin-each-start-to-carve-niche-with-bucks-021628237.html)

r0drig0lac
10-05-2023, 11:55 AM
Joel

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 02:37 PM
Ramona Shelburne: Joel Embiid, the NBA’s reigning Most Valuable Player, has committed to play for Team USA at the Paris 2024 Olympics, sources told ESPN on Thursday (https://*********.com/social/). Embiid informed Team USA executive director Grant Hill of his decision on Thursday morning, sources said, just days after the two quietly met for close to an hour in Ft Collins, Colo., where the Sixers are holding training camp. Embiid, who was born in Cameroon and holds both French and American citizenship, has been at the center of an intense recruiting battle over which country he will represent at the Olympics. He ultimately chose to represent the United States, sources said, because he wants to help the United States return to the top of the international basketball world after it failed to medal at the World Championships in Manila this summer.

– via Twitter ramonashelburne (https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne)

it's a long ways off. Be surprised if he actually suits up

Tim Reynolds: For those wondering about Bam Adebayo’s USA Basketball status, as we have previously reported, he’s committed to a spot on the 12-man roster. (https://*********.com/social/) He will be on the Olympic team — assuming health, etc., etc. It’s that simple.
– via Twitter ByTimReynolds (https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds)

WhiteKyrie
10-05-2023, 02:59 PM
Embiid isn’t American. GTFO smh

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 03:03 PM
Embiid isn’t American. GTFO smh

American passport

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Tim Bontemps: Joel Embiid said part of his calculus for choosing to play for Team USA is because his son, Arthur, was born here (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter TimBontemps (https://twitter.com/TimBontemps)

Jared Weiss: Jayson Tatum said he wants to play for Team USA at the Olympics next summer (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter JaredWeissNBA (https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA)

WhiteKyrie
10-05-2023, 03:28 PM
American passport

Still, much like Hakeem in 1996, I don’t care about the talent. They’re not really American
. We could easily win without Embiid’s goofy fragile ass.

theman93
10-05-2023, 03:36 PM
Wow, now Team USA is adding League MVP Embidd? Franz has these boys shook.

https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/fetch/w_736,h_485,c_fill,g_auto,f_auto/https%3A%2F%2Forlandomagicdaily.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1474170068-850x560.jpeg

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 03:51 PM
Still, much like Hakeem in 1996, I don’t care about the talent. They’re not really American
. We could easily win without Embiid’s goofy fragile ass.

easily win isn't happening again, Those days were gone more than 20 years ago

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 04:22 PM
Tim Bontemps: Danny Green, on how potent Team USA will be now that Joel Embiid has committed: “They’ll be amazing if they add me.” (https://*********.com/social/)

Mask the Embiid
10-05-2023, 04:36 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/gjTHHJ9n/IMG-0151.gif

Looks like big wiggle is taking his talents to Paris. Bonjour!

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 04:59 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/gjTHHJ9n/IMG-0151.gif

Looks like big wiggle is taking his talents to Paris. Bonjour!

plans to anyway. A long ways before he actually gets there

90sgoat
10-05-2023, 08:23 PM
American passport

The US is like like some middle east country needing to buy players to play for them.

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 08:25 PM
The US is like like some middle east country needing to buy players to play for them.

middle east? Try every country in the world.

WhiteKyrie
10-05-2023, 10:06 PM

Bro, they don’t need Embiid. A lot of heavy hitters are committing to play for them even though many of them are in their 30s as millennials aging out the league. And those guys still are for the most part the best players in the sport besides Jokic, Giannis, and Luka. Not ready to put Shai in that category just yet.

Curry
Kawhi
KD
Tatum
AD
Bam
LeBron
Brown
Dame

Xiao Yao You
10-05-2023, 11:06 PM
Bro, they don’t need Embiid. A lot of heavy hitters are committing to play for them even though many of them are in their 30s as millennials aging out the league. And those guys still are for the most part the best players in the sport besides Jokic, Giannis, and Luka. Not ready to put Shai in that category just yet.

Curry
Kawhi
KD
Tatum
AD
Bam
LeBron
Brown
Dame

about half that list can't be counted on. You need guys that will actually be on the court

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2023, 07:14 PM
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/560117/9

no guarantees and too many guys that can't be counted on to be on the floor

Xiao Yao You
10-08-2023, 06:34 PM
USA Basketball is aggressively pursuing Boston Celtics All-Star guard Jrue Holiday to return to Team USA for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games) sources told ESPN. Holiday, 33, has yet to decide, but USA officials — with managing director Grant Hill leading the way — are hopeful that Holiday will commit to be one of the 12 members on next year’s Team USA Olympic team, sources told ESPN.

– via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games)

USA Basketball officials use the word “beloved,” to describe how strongly they feel about Holiday, whom they considered the second most impactful player after Kevin Durant on the USA’s 2021 gold medal winning team. (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games) Team USA struggled defensively in the FIBA world championships this summer in the Philippines and Holiday’s on-ball defense, playmaking and leadership are among the factors that are fueling USA Basketball’s recruitment.
– via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games)

The 2024 Olympic team is expected to include such future Hall of Famers as LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid and Jayson Tatum, but some of the All-Stars who publicly volunteered recently that they plan to play for Team USA won’t be extended invitations. There’s no timetable on a Holiday decision, but Hill and coach Steve Kerr have put a premium on the combination of Holiday’s talent and temperament as a necessary component to build a gold medal winning roster, sources said (https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38605997/sources-team-usa-pursuing-jrue-holiday-2024-games).

BurningHammer
10-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Joel usually ends up broken by the end of Sixers' playoffs, if they get into one. I'm doubtful if he will actually play in Paris next year.

Xiao Yao You
10-10-2023, 09:51 PM
Rich Paul’s dream Team USA Lineup for 2024 Olympics, revealed (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/rich-paul-s-dream-team-usa-lineup-for-2024-olympics-revealed/ar-AA1i0yeQ?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=e5f12ee0cbc844b6af4edaa68d6e26b1&ei=16)

Paul’s list comprised of Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis. Unsurprisingly, Paul included arguably his two biggest moneymakers, LeBron James and Anthony Davis of the Lakers, in his dream scenario starting lineup.

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2023, 07:24 PM
Count Kevin Durant in — if USA Basketball managing director Grant Hill will have him. “I’m 100% committed,” Durant told Yahoo Sports on Monday evening (https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-100-committed-to-playing-for-team-usa-in-2024-paris-olympics-205627669.html).
– via Yahoo! Sports (https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-100-committed-to-playing-for-team-usa-in-2024-paris-olympics-205627669.html)

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2023, 05:11 PM
News broke of veteran All-Stars like LeBron James and Stephen Curry wanting to play for Team USA in Paris while you guys were on the flight home. How did that affect you? We all saw when we landed and kind of went our separate ways. And never really talked about it. I just know a lot of that group that was together, especially like me and Ant (Anthony Edwards), us two being two of the younger dudes there, we know that we both want to play for USA moving forward and kind of help, you know, the torch be passed. And it looks like this upcoming year is going to be, you know, the big guys want to play, and a lot of these guys probably want this to be their last run. But I think that me and Ant, we both feel like we were deserving to be on the team, and we would love to be on the team. I don’t even have to ask him, I already know. But it’s not up for us to decide. We’ve got to do what we can. We know we want to be a part of that — continuing what USA does (https://theathletic.com/5018372/2023/11/01/tyrese-haliburton-interview-pacers-usa/?source=emp_shared_article).
– via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5018372/2023/11/01/tyrese-haliburton-interview-pacers-usa/?source=emp_shared_article)

The World Cup didn’t end like anyone associated with Team USA had hoped. Are you over it yet? Tyrese Haliburton: Still not over it. It’s frustrating. Everybody was mad, of course, but it’s like, for me, I haven’t won since like my sophomore year in college (at Iowa State). So it’s just like really opened my eyes to some real stuff in my life, honestly. It was like, “I got to change my habits and certain things to be tired of losing.” I’m not a loser, it’s not what I do. (https://theathletic.com/5018372/2023/11/01/tyrese-haliburton-interview-pacers-usa/?source=emp_shared_article) And I’m not going to let that continue to be what I am. So everybody keeps asking, “What are your individual goals this year?” I just want to win, like, I’m tired of losing. Been frustrating the last couple of years, but I think that USA stuff kind of really opened my eyes. I can’t continue to do this in my life.
– via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5018372/2023/11/01/tyrese-haliburton-interview-pacers-usa/?source=emp_shared_article)

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 09:35 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273589/Steve-Kerr-Will-Step-Down-As-Team-USA-Coach-After-Olympics

90sgoat
11-06-2023, 10:53 AM
The World Cup didn’t end like anyone associated with Team USA had hoped. Are you over it yet? Tyrese Haliburton: Still not over it. It’s frustrating. Everybody was mad, of course, but it’s like, for me, I haven’t won since like my sophomore year in college (at Iowa State). So it’s just like really opened my eyes to some real stuff in my life, honestly. It was like, “I got to change my habits and certain things to be tired of losing.” I’m not a loser, it’s not what I do. (https://theathletic.com/5018372/2023/11/01/tyrese-haliburton-interview-pacers-usa/?source=emp_shared_article) And I’m not going to let that continue to be what I am. So everybody keeps asking, “What are your individual goals this year?” I just want to win, like, I’m tired of losing. Been frustrating the last couple of years, but I think that USA stuff kind of really opened my eyes. I can’t continue to do this in my life.

Wow, an actual psychological insight from an NBA player.

Going to Europe does wonders for NBA players.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 11:25 AM
having a European father does apparently too

90sgoat
11-06-2023, 12:56 PM
having a European father does apparently too

Birthplace of philosophy.

US it the birthplace of Taylor Swift.

There's a difference.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 12:59 PM

There's a difference.

The USA is also the birthplace of jazz/blues/bluegrass/country/rock etc.

90sgoat
11-06-2023, 02:12 PM
The USA is also the birthplace of jazz/blues/bluegrass/country/rock etc.

You forgot RnB.

Since 1990s though there has been no new music genre from the US, only increasingly worse rap.

And honestly british ghetto rap is better than american ghetto rap.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 02:18 PM
You forgot RnB.

Since 1990s though there has been no new music genre from the US, only increasingly worse rap.

And honestly british ghetto rap is better than american ghetto rap.

etc.

I don't do Taylor or hip hop. I like good music

SATAN
11-06-2023, 05:52 PM
etc.

I don't do Taylor or hip hop. I like good music

Such as....

Full Court
11-06-2023, 07:28 PM

There's a difference.

US - birthplace of the atomic bomb. Boom.

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2024, 04:21 PM
Chris Haynes: Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Edwards, Desmond Bane, Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler, Jarrett Allen, Paolo Banchero, Aaron Gordon and Austin Reaves among 35-40 pool of players selected for Team USA roster consideration (https://*********.com/social/) ahead of Paris Olympics this summer, sources tell @NBAonTNT,…
– via Twitter ChrisBHaynes (https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes)

SATAN
01-23-2024, 07:38 PM
Austin Reaves

Why?

BurningHammer
01-23-2024, 08:56 PM
Why?

Reaves was very good at FIBA WC. So, why not?

BurningHammer
01-23-2024, 09:02 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513806-FIBA-World-Cup-2023-Official-Discussion-Thread/

Austin Reaves, Anthony Edwards and Pablo Banchero were the highlights of that Team USA. Of course they are gonna call them back.

SATAN
01-23-2024, 09:03 PM
It just seems weird how it's gone from the "Dream Team" to guys who can't even make an All-Star team being considered for Team USA.

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2024, 09:36 PM
It just seems weird how it's gone from the "Dream Team" to guys who can't even make an All-Star team being considered for Team USA.

that's what losing will do. Being a star in the NBA doesn't mean you are a great FIBA player

90sgoat
01-23-2024, 09:56 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513806-FIBA-World-Cup-2023-Official-Discussion-Thread/

Austin Reaves, Anthony Edwards and Pablo Banchero were the highlights of that Team USA. Of course they are gonna call them back.

Reaves got targeted.

Edwards and Paolo were good tho.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 01:02 AM

Far more of today's All Star players are foreigners.

In fact probably the last time the allstar game was predominantly American, the Olympic team looked like this:

https://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0828%2Fr589978_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg

Oops.

Xiao Yao You
01-24-2024, 04:44 PM
Chris Fedor: #Cavs Donovan Mitchell and Jarrett Allen spoke with Team USA’s Grant Hill about playing in the FIBA World Cup this past summer. It didn’t work out. But both have made their commitment to play in the Paris Olympics — if chosen (https://*********.com/social/) cleveland.com/cavs/2024/01/d…

– via Twitter ChrisFedor (https://twitter.com/ChrisFedor)

Mitchell has shown he's not the ideal FIBA player. Pretty sure they aren't playing in a bubble? Maybe he can join Jimmer on the 3 on 3 team?

Xiao Yao You
02-07-2024, 07:18 PM
Steve Kerr: Steve Kerr says Team USA’s “fingers are crossed” that Joel Embiid will be able to play this summer in the Paris Olympics, (https://*********.com/social/) and said beyond that, it’s always disappointing to see any elite players miss time, and hopes Embiid can get back onto the court soon.

same could be said for much of their preliminary roster

paksat
02-07-2024, 07:56 PM
lol @ how, "skilled" todays players are

92 dream team would MURDER whatever team we're about to put out for 2024

FultzNationRISE
02-07-2024, 08:21 PM

Yeah, well back then players were taught how to play the game from a young age and selected for their ability to do so.

Recent generations of American players are taught how to do moves that sell gatorade and shoes. AAU doesnt care if the kids know how to play basketball. It's all about who can dunk the ball while sipping a bottle of sprite and winking at the camera.

90sgoat
02-08-2024, 02:55 PM
Team USA should get Derrick Lively now that Embiid is out.

Xiao Yao You
02-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Team USA should get Derrick Lively now that Embiid is out.

huge roster. Doubt they need to add anyone. Lively will be on the other team that practices against them

Xiao Yao You
02-12-2024, 04:24 PM
The February 2024 USA AmeriCup Qualifying Team includes Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton, Michael Carter-Williams, (https://www.usab.com/news/2024/02/usa-basketball-announces-2024-mens-americup-qualifying-february-2024-roster) Will Davis, RaiQuan Gray, Dusty Hannahs, Matthew Hurt, Jayce Johnson, Stanley Johnson, Elfrid Payton, Jahmi’us Ramsey and Justin Wright-Foreman.
– via USA Basketball (https://www.usab.com/news/2024/02/usa-basketball-announces-2024-mens-americup-qualifying-february-2024-roster)

WhiteKyrie
02-13-2024, 04:29 PM

That’s also a size, rebounding, defense, diverse play style and matchup thing. Today’s game is way too homogenized. Everybody plays the same way. And not to mention basically nobody on that. USA team played defense. Anthony Edwards here and there but not consistent enough.

Xiao Yao You
02-14-2024, 06:21 PM
On Wednesday’s episode of First Take (h/t Awful Announcing), ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said James and Curry “have actually been thinking about playing together for months” with Steve Kerr as their head coach, “and that is with Team USA this summer at the Paris Olympics.” (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10109381-windhorst-lebron-james-steph-curry-eye-teaming-up-on-team-usa-at-2024-olympics)
– via Bleacher Report (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10109381-windhorst-lebron-james-steph-curry-eye-teaming-up-on-team-usa-at-2024-olympics)

SATAN
02-14-2024, 07:26 PM

You are so ****ing stupid.

Xiao Yao You
02-17-2024, 03:19 PM
Dave McMenamin: Anthony Davis on Team USA this summer: “I told the committee if they ask me to go, I’ll go” (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter mcten (https://twitter.com/mcten)

let's see if you're still standing first

Hey Yo
02-17-2024, 06:50 PM
Link above not working. This one has the story above + the trimmed down roster of 41 candidates.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/team-usa-roundup-anthony-davis-commits-to-2024-olympic-team-if-asked-kawhi-leonard-still-uncertain/

Xiao Yao You
02-26-2024, 03:15 PM
USA Basketball Team With 8 Former NBA Players Lost To Cuba For The First Time In 53 Years (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/usa-basketball-team-with-8-former-nba-players-lost-to-cuba-for-the-first-time-in-53-years/ar-BB1iUjEd?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=d00d0886b246431e9e075d22aee00739&ei=19)

n a stunning upset, Team USA basketball, despite boasting nine players with NBA experience, suffered a stunning defeat at the hands of Cuba, marking the first time in 53 years that Cuba had triumphed over the United States on the basketball court. The final score of 81-67 left spectators in disbelief as Cuba outplayed the USA throughout the game.
https://shftr.adnxs.net/r?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.mediago.io%2FML%2F18870 62dd7025cc01c8c05b3123eb3fb__scv1__300x157.png&width=300&height=157&crop=1&bidder=529&buying_member=13368&selling_member=280&creative_id=422002620

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2024, 11:54 AM
On his podcast, Beverley proposed that he be placed on the squad that would practice against the Olympic-bound Team USA squad. “Man, I know Team USA is about to be crazy this summer. Just let me be on the team they practice against ’cause I’mma have that practice turned the f**k up. I’m picking moth****** up 94 feet, I’m talking sh**, I’m getting a bucket on you, ‘oh he’s a bum, you shouldn’t be on the fu**** USA team,'” Beverley shared (https://www.si.com/nba/bucks/news/patrick-beverley-asks-to-be-on-team-that-practices-against-team-usa).
– via Sports Illustrated (https://www.si.com/nba/bucks/news/patrick-beverley-asks-to-be-on-team-that-practices-against-team-usa)

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2024, 02:01 PM
Celtics star guard Jrue Holiday is expected to be among the 12 members of Team USA’s roster for the 2024 Olympics, barring unforeseen circumstances, (https://theathletic.com/5304940/2024/02/28/max-strus-cavaliers-mavericks-jrue-holiday-bucks-team-usa-the-bounce/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw) sources with knowledge of the situation tell me and Joe Vardon. USA Basketball has been pursuing Holiday for much of the NBA season, and it’s believed Holiday has delivered his commitment to USAB officials in recent weeks, sources said. Team officials have valued Holiday’s two-way ability, point-of-attack defense and dynamic playmaking.

– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5304940/2024/02/28/max-strus-cavaliers-mavericks-jrue-holiday-bucks-team-usa-the-bounce/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw)

Holiday would join several superstar players who are considered locks for the Paris Games, barring injury, including Durant, LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid and Jayson Tatum (https://theathletic.com/5304940/2024/02/28/max-strus-cavaliers-mavericks-jrue-holiday-bucks-team-usa-the-bounce/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw).
– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5304940/2024/02/28/max-strus-cavaliers-mavericks-jrue-holiday-bucks-team-usa-the-bounce/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw)

barring injury the key words with this group

BurningHammer
02-28-2024, 05:08 PM
USA Basketball Team With 8 Former NBA Players Lost To Cuba For The First Time In 53 Years (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/usa-basketball-team-with-8-former-nba-players-lost-to-cuba-for-the-first-time-in-53-years/ar-BB1iUjEd?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=d00d0886b246431e9e075d22aee00739&ei=19)

n a stunning upset, Team USA basketball, despite boasting nine players with NBA experience, suffered a stunning defeat at the hands of Cuba, marking the first time in 53 years that Cuba had triumphed over the United States on the basketball court. The final score of 81-67 left spectators in disbelief as Cuba outplayed the USA throughout the game.
https://shftr.adnxs.net/r?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.mediago.io%2FML%2F18870 62dd7025cc01c8c05b3123eb3fb__scv1__300x157.png&width=300&height=157&crop=1&bidder=529&buying_member=13368&selling_member=280&creative_id=422002620

This Team USA is like F Team if you considers the team in FIBA America as C Team. Haven't heard Elfrid Payton's name in quite a long time. It also has two Raptors legends in Stanley Johnson and Dowtin LOL!

I guess they will qualify to the formerly known as FIBA Americas next year anyway. I hope Bahamas qualifies though since I want to see Ayton, Hield and Eric Gordon in bigger international matches.

Xiao Yao You
03-15-2024, 12:30 PM
"I'm told Kyrie Irving has a deep desire to represent his country, represent the USA in the Paris Olympics this summer, he wants to be part of this team."@ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) on Kyrie Irving and Team USA.

��: https://t.co/oxMs3CAEGu pic.twitter.com/ok81QPSLKC (https://t.co/ok81QPSLKC)

— Run It Back (@RunItBackFDTV) March 15, 2024 (https://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1768644678499668319?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1768644678499668319)

let's hope they can come up with better representatives of the USA than this clown

BurningHammer
03-16-2024, 04:24 PM
let's hope they can come up with better representatives of the USA than this clown

Dude is desperate to leave legacy, one that isn't overshadowed by Lebron, in his basketball career.

Xiao Yao You
03-16-2024, 04:29 PM
Dude is desperate to leave legacy, one that isn't overshadowed by Lebron, in his basketball career.

Paris might be a great place to attend a birthday party

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2024, 07:34 AM
Run It Back: “[Kyrie Irving] was the 2014 World Cup MVP, he was on the 2016 Olympic team that won gold medal. I think that he’s going to be a name to continue to monitor for Team USA.” (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1769730039392649481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1769730039392649481%7Ctwgr% 5E09c2d36402924983ddf3a7b10e585b4919d2f623%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecoldwire.com%2Fnba-insider-says-superstar-pg-will-be-a-name-to-monitor-for-team-usa%2F) @ShamsCharania on Kyrie Irving.

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1769730039392649481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1769730039392649481%7Ctwgr% 5E09c2d36402924983ddf3a7b10e585b4919d2f623%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecoldwire.com%2Fnba-insider-says-superstar-pg-will-be-a-name-to-monitor-for-team-usa%2F)

:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
03-19-2024, 09:32 AM
Assuming he doesn't do some goof shit like trying to get the team to boycott the Olympics in protest Irving is a good player to have. His defense is fine when he decides to play defense and no one can argue that his skills aren't elite.

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2024, 09:59 AM
Assuming he doesn't do some goof shit like trying to get the team to boycott the Olympics in protest Irving is a good player to have. His defense is fine when he decides to play defense and no one can argue that his skills aren't elite.

He's a clown. If they need him to represent them they might as well give up

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2024, 10:03 AM
Jalen Brunson is “high on the list” of potential players to represent the United States at the Olympics, (https://nypost.com/2024/03/19/sports/jalen-brunson-high-on-the-list-for-team-usa-spot-in-paris/) according to U.S. coach Steve Kerr. “There’s a reason he’s on our list. Because he’s a great, great player and high character, a leader,” Kerr said. “He’s everything you want as a player. He’s high on our list and he’s definitely somebody we’re considering.”

– via New York Post (https://nypost.com/2024/03/19/sports/jalen-brunson-high-on-the-list-for-team-usa-spot-in-paris/)

high character instead of a clown

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2024, 12:27 PM
Run It Back: “[Anthony Edwards] is someone that’s been described to me as a guy that will be on the 2024 USA Basketball Olympic team in Paris…I’m told Anthony Edwards fully wants to go and compete to start on this team.” (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1770091333379912091) @ShamsCharania on Anthony Edwards.
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1770091333379912091)

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2024, 05:58 PM
The United States men’s basketball team will open the Paris Olympics against Serbia, and likely NBA superstar Nikola Jokić, while the U.S. women start the Games against the team they beat three summers ago for the gold (https://theathletic.com/5354358/2024/03/19/2024-olympics-draw-usa-basketball/).

– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5354358/2024/03/19/2024-olympics-draw-usa-basketball/)

The other potential opponents for the U.S. men in the first round are Italy, Bahrain, Ivory Coast, Lithuania, Mexico or Puerto Rico, who are competing against each other in one of four Olympic qualifying tournaments held around the world from July 2-7 (https://theathletic.com/5354358/2024/03/19/2024-olympics-draw-usa-basketball/).
– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5354358/2024/03/19/2024-olympics-draw-usa-basketball/)

In Group A are Canada, third-place winner at the World Cup with a roster stocked with NBA talent, including MVP hopeful Shai Gilgeous Alexander; Australia, another country with an array of NBA players and then potentially Spain and either Greece or Slovenia. All three countries must win qualifying tournaments to reach the Olympics, and Greece (with Giannis Antetokounmpo) and Slovenia (with Luka Dončić) are in the same qualifier. Sheesh (https://theathletic.com/5354358/2024/03/19/2024-olympics-draw-usa-basketball/).

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2024, 11:57 AM
Siutat and Diaw are adamant that Embiid told them on multiple occasions during the 2021-22 NBA season that he wanted to play for France. “Joel came to us and said that he wanted to play international basketball, he said he wanted to win, and he said he wanted to play for France and he wanted to win with France,” Diaw told The Athletic. (https://theathletic.com/5354067/2024/03/20/joel-embiid-olympics-usa-france-sixers/) “So we listened to him.”
– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5354067/2024/03/20/joel-embiid-olympics-usa-france-sixers/)

“We learned about it the same day,” Siutat said. “It’s not so easy to get the passport. We do this because he asked us, and we were very happy to welcome him. At the end of the story, he decided to go to the U.S. team. “It’s done for me, but you know, you don’t have to ask for the passport.” Embiid, who is still recovering from surgery to repair a meniscus tear in February, was not made available to The Athletic by his personal spokesman. That spokesman said: “We understand they (the French) are disappointed. (https://theathletic.com/5354067/2024/03/20/joel-embiid-olympics-usa-france-sixers/) Joel was clear that he would make a decision when he was ready, and they chose to secure his citizenship in anticipation. Joel loves all three of the countries he calls home and will continue to find ways to support all of them.”
– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5354067/2024/03/20/joel-embiid-olympics-usa-france-sixers/)

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2024, 09:07 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: USA Basketball is finalizing its 2024 Paris Olympics roster with Steph Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Joel Embiid, Devin Booker, Tyrese Haliburton, Anthony Edwards, Jrue Holiday, Bam Adebayo and Anthony Davis. Team may initially keep one open spot. pic.twitter.com/kO7TREBVDK – via Twitter wojespn

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2024, 11:12 PM
Teams are permitted to take 12 players to the Olympics. Kawhi Leonard is the leading candidate for the USA vacancy with Paul George, Paolo Banchero, Mikal Bridges and Jalen Brunson also under consideration, sources told The Athletic. – via The Athletic

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2024, 11:13 PM
Hopefully they ll have 5 guys standing with that roster of broken down old guys

BurningHammer
04-15-2024, 11:17 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: USA Basketball is finalizing its 2024 Paris Olympics roster with Steph Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Joel Embiid, Devin Booker, Tyrese Haliburton, Anthony Edwards, Jrue Holiday, Bam Adebayo and Anthony Davis. Team may initially keep one open spot. pic.twitter.com/kO7TREBVDK – via Twitter wojespn

Locked for gold medals? This definitely is A-Team.

BurningHammer
06-20-2024, 02:20 AM
20 invitees to Team Canada camp:

Kyle Alexander
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
RJ Barrett
Trae Bell-Haynes
Khem Birch
Oshae Brissett
Dillon Brooks
Luguentz Dort
Zach Edey
Melvin Ejim
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Mfiondu Kabengele
Trey Lyles
Jamal Murray
Andrew Nembhard
Kelly Olynyk
Dwight Powell
Phil Scrubb
Thomas Scrubb
Andrew Wiggin

No younger Canadians (Shaedon Sharpe, Benedict Mathurin, Leonard Miller). No Brandon Clarke (way too many better guys at his position). No Chris Boucher (which would add some size to the team). No Cory Joseph (who seems to be kinda pissed about it (https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/veteran-cory-joseph-mad-about-canada-basketball-snub-despite-years-of-service/)).

So the 12 should be:

PG: Murray/Nembhard
SG: SGA/NAW
SF: Barrett/Brooks/Dort
PF: Wiggins/Lyles
C: Olynyk/Powell/Edey

Birch and Ejim can replace Lyles-Edey's spot as well. But Edey could be a good option against Wemby, Gobert, Embiid, or Jokic (if he opts to play).