PDA

View Full Version : Camby, Chandler, Marc Gasol, and Cousins.

Kblaze8855
09-15-2023, 02:47 PM
Prime and healthy. Four year contract. 180 million. Put them in order 1 to 4 that you would take them on those terms if you had no choice. I know the answer productivity wise and if that’s your criteria I accept it but I’m just curious.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2023, 02:49 PM
Gasol(duh)
Camby
Chandler(too inconsistent)
Selling the team before I pay Cousins a cent

easy one

SouBeachTalents
09-15-2023, 02:51 PM
Marc Gasol is by FAR the best player of that group. After him I'd rank them

Chandler
Camby
Cousins

FultzNationRISE
09-15-2023, 04:28 PM

Chandler
Camby
Cousins

Ditto.

I liked Camby and the lil freethrow line midrange he always gave you in addition to the blocks, but I slightly prefer Chandler’s size and strength down low.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2023, 04:34 PM
Ditto.

I liked Camby and the lil freethrow line midrange he always gave you in addition to the blocks, but I slightly prefer Chandler’s size and strength down low.

I'd probably take Chandler if it was a one year deal over Camby cuz he seemed to show up about every other year

Norcaliblunt
09-15-2023, 05:06 PM
I’d take Channing Frye over all of them.

red1
09-15-2023, 05:46 PM
camby and gasol pretty even at the top

chandler

cousins

red1
09-15-2023, 05:47 PM
I'd probably take Chandler if it was a one year deal over Camby cuz he seemed to show up about every other year

camby played on terrible or bad teams his entire career. sucks but thats just how it goes sometimes.

he wouldve helped the mavs win a ring the same way tyson chandler did if he had a chance to play with that group of veterans

Kblaze8855
09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
I remember starting to like Camby when he came back from beyond the wall and became an impact guy for the Knicks. I’m trying to remember what they traded for him considering he was the number one pick and I can’t remember. I just remember him suddenly being back on the scene when Ewing was getting old and got hurt in the playoffs, but they kept giving Chris Dudley and Kurt Thomas his minutes if I’m remembering correctly. Somehow by the time he was on Denver and getting accolades, I had decided he was overrated. I don’t remember for sure but I think I was annoyed seeing him win the defensive player of the year over Tim Duncan because he played with a bunch of bad defenders, who funneled everyone into him , while Duncans superior team defense prevented him blocking more shots.

I think I let it go after that and was fine with old man Camby. I think he played till he was older than LeBron is now.

red1
09-15-2023, 06:04 PM
yeah. he was a beast, just played with dogshit his entire career.

I would know because we drafted him and then he went to the dogshit knicks right after and I saw a lot of knicks games those years and they were decent at best.

to be fair the knicks were actually respectable then but he didnt have dirk or jason kidd or shawn marion or terry or any of those guys. I used to hate those knicks. kurt thomas and dudley are good guys but I dont like any of them. poor guy also didnt get to play with the nuggets when they were at their best either.

exactly. comparing him to chandler based on winning isnt a good argument.

he wouldnt have played that long if he didnt bring a lot to the table

90sgoat
09-15-2023, 06:43 PM

Chandler
Camby
Cousins

Yes.

highwhey
09-15-2023, 07:50 PM

Chandler
Camby
Cousins

first good post of yours in a while. nice

SouBeachTalents
09-15-2023, 08:00 PM
first good post of yours in a while. nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXkGsJ5fg8&ab_channel=MikeFuhrmann

griner
cousins
camby/chandler/gasol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZocFesLmA

dankok8
09-15-2023, 11:21 PM
Cousins is kind of the odd man out in this group of defense-first bigs. Considering he's also a low efficiency offensive player and just low IQ in general he's definitely last.

Gasol is first. He was almost an all-star on offense and a beast on defense.

Camby and Chandler are tough. I feel like peak Chandler is better but Camby more consistent over a four-year stretch. Both are defensive monsters.

Gasol > Camby > Chandler > Cousins

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2023, 11:33 PM
where is PeroAntic with the Cousins love?

HylianNightmare
09-16-2023, 05:16 AM
Gasol(duh)
Camby

easy one

This

MrFonzworth
09-16-2023, 03:28 PM
Gasol(duh)
Camby

easy one

This

ILLsmak
09-17-2023, 06:50 AM
I like threads like this, and I was gonna post, but I deleted it cuz I was gonna post you gotta give us some idea what we are working w/ at the other 5 positions. Gasol is PROL best overall, but for some championship level contenders, I might take Chandler or Camby. If Cuz had a big who could bust him up in practice and mentor him, he might actually show his full potential, too.

-Smak

Xiao Yao You
09-17-2023, 07:47 AM
I like threads like this, and I was gonna post, but I deleted it cuz I was gonna post you gotta give us some idea what we are working w/ at the other 5 positions. Gasol is PROL best overall, but for some championship level contenders, I might take Chandler or Camby. If Cuz had a big who could bust him up in practice and mentor him, he might actually show his full potential, too.

-Smak

Can't see taking anyone but Gasol no matter the rosters. As I said this one was easy. Camby brought it every year. Chandler brought it every other year if you were lucky. Cousins was a bum no matter what excuses you want to make for the guy

ILLsmak
09-17-2023, 05:07 PM
Can't see taking anyone but Gasol no matter the rosters. As I said this one was easy. Camby brought it every year. Chandler brought it every other year if you were lucky. Cousins was a bum no matter what excuses you want to make for the guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2iiksyKSE

-Smak

Im Still Ballin
09-17-2023, 09:44 PM
Gasol, Camby, Chandler, Cousins.

Charlie Sheen
09-17-2023, 09:55 PM
Would any of the other 3 have been successful if they were drafted to those Kings?

Tyson Chandler did not show very much until he landed with Chris Paul.

RRR3
09-17-2023, 09:58 PM
Would any of the other 3 have been successful if they were drafted to those Kings?

Maybe not, but Cousins is a guy who needs to be a primary option to have any value. And you're not winning anything if he's a primary option. So it's quite a conundrum. Gasol is excellent on any team and the other two can at least be good role players on any team.

Im Still Ballin
09-17-2023, 10:06 PM
I think Marc Gasol could've had Sacramento winning. They had pieces to work with there. Isaiah Thomas and Rudy Gay both putting up 20+ ppg at the same time. So much of what was wrong witj those Kings teams had to do with Cousins' poor leadership and style of play. Simply switching him out for Gasol would be huge in of itself on that front.

Xiao Yao You
09-17-2023, 11:28 PM

Gasol would have been good anywhere. Probably Camby too. Cousins would have been the same pouting, whining inefficient bum anywhere

Axe
09-18-2023, 05:55 PM
Gasol proved himself useful at certain points in this modern era, can shoot threes consistently (which could matter most in the ps) despite his big size. I believe cousins as well but he's basically a doneso after injuries on what could have been his peak. The other two guys are great but they played in a traditional era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqjH7pp3f4

999Guy
09-18-2023, 06:54 PM
Gasol probably had two or three honest years of being the two way beast people think he was for 5-6 years. By 2014, like most bigs, Gasol took a huge athletic hit as he turned 30.

2010-2013 Gasol was that guy.

Camby and Chandler are out of their depth here.

Chandler was barely DPOY convo material, I mean at the end of convo you should conclude Garnett deserved the award in 2012, but he could at least get credit for compared to KG in an inferior way head to head defensively.

But he was way too much of a stiff door on offense to even come close to Cousins or Gasol. You would have to scheme around how useless Chandler was in just about 95% of scenarios offensively.

At least Camby had that coconut throw of a jumpshot.

Cousins is very similar to Gasol body and approach wise. They peaked and fell off at the same ages in the same way. He just had much quicker feet so he could open up his scoring way easier. Gasol was a positioning god by 2011 defensively though. But Cousins defense gets underrated his peak. People don't tend to think about that but he was not a dummy and he had very good hands and really good reach and strength.

Cousins has the hypothetical ceiling on a functional basketball team that surpasses Gasol but Gasol played better functional basketball than Cousins ever did in the early 10's period.

Cousins and Gasol deserve the contracts from early to mid 20's. Coinflip it. The others don't.