PDA

View Full Version : Give every current team any two players from it’s past. Who wins the title?

Kblaze8855
09-19-2023, 05:37 PM
Nobody gets to use an active player. So no Lebron to the heat. Active players stay where they are. Also no duplicates. If two teams can claim a guy he goes wherever he played the most career games. So Shaq would be a lakers unless he wasn’t taken then he’d be on the Magic.

Bucks given Ray Allen and Kareem?

Lakers with whichever 2 of the 4-5 options? Maybe Kobe and Magic but maybe not for best chemistry. Up to you.

Heat if they had prime Wade plus maybe Zo? Or Rice for shooting?

Celtics with who and Bird? KG would be on Minnesota.

if you give the suns Nash and Amare they might score 140 a game.

Mavs plus Dirk and Kidd?

I don’t know who the Nuggets would add. Most of their options seem outta place.

Warriors plus Wilt and Mullin if we don’t allow duplicates since KD would be gone. OKC would take him no doubt.

I’m not sure any Laker team would have a personality fit. You could obviously make a Super Duper ultra team though. I don’t know who would win but a healthy bucks lineup of

Jrue
Ray Allen
Middleton
Giannis
Kareem

is tough to see losing.

Prime Wade and Zo on the Heat would be tough too. And Wilt as a roll man/defender/rebounder first bit able to find Steph/Mullin/Klay?

Finals might be warriors bucks if LA can’t meld quickly. Magic, Lebron, AD, and Shaq is a weird mix. Would Kobe make that better? I don’t know. maybe steal Kareem from the bucks to remove them as a threat and go from there.

Hard to say but if they didn’t figure it out or if they leave Kareem for the Bucks? Warriors and Bucks in the finals.

Kblaze8855
09-19-2023, 05:43 PM
Would like to see a healthy combo of either Rose or Pippen and Jordan in the current NBA, but on the current bulls against these monster teams they would lose, and I would be pissed off watching it.

A Barkley/Embiid/AI core would if nothing else break the nba free throw record the way games are called now but they might not have defense enough.

Kblaze8855
09-19-2023, 06:02 PM
For modern ball purposes you might need

Rondo
Jaylen
Tatum
Bird
KP/Horford/Timelord

Be a nice matchup with Miami to see who gets beat by the Bucks.

SouBeachTalents
09-19-2023, 06:10 PM
My top 3

West
Reaves
LeBron
AD
Shaq

Nash
Booker
KD
Barkley
Ayton

White
Brown
Tatum
Bird
Russell

Kblaze8855
09-19-2023, 06:20 PM
If that Barkley/Ayton frontcourt gets to the finals Giannis and Kareem are gonna run wild. KD won’t get enough shots to counter it. Booker and prime Ray with today’s rules? Maybe a wash. And I have holiday to put on whoever starts heating up and Giannis too?

Not that I see them making it past the warriors anyway.

FultzNationRISE
09-19-2023, 06:28 PM
It Im the Lakers boy Im just addin two Lebron’s to Lebron.

Got DAYUM thats some unstoppable shit :pimp:

Wardell Curry
09-19-2023, 06:37 PM
Chris Mullin + Wilt Chamberlain to the Warriors. Game over. Ah, I didn't read it all. No Wilt. RIP.

Bird + Russell to the Celtics is up there though. Maybe even better.

Have the Lakers had any all time great players that were complete knock down shooters? Because that's what they need.

How could you possibly disrespect Russell and say "Bird + who else?" Is that a joke?

Real Men Wear Green
09-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Russell and Bird are the two greatest Celtics but that might not be the best fit. The current Celtics would most want a great point guard. He couldn't shoot but he was a great defender as well as playmaker so the best guy might just be Rondo. Similarly for a two way big I would want McHale. So this is a big bowl of sacrilege but yes I would say Rondo and McHale. Defensively no one is better. Offensively the only problem is the point guard can't shoot but they could keep the ball in his hands and he would be effective with the ball making decisions and penetrating

Wardell Curry
09-19-2023, 06:44 PM
if you give the suns Nash and Amare they might score 140 a game.

That's ****ing gross.

Wardell Curry
09-19-2023, 06:45 PM
Russell and Boys are the two greatest Celtics but that might not be the best fit. The current Celtics would most want a great point guard. He couldn't shoot but he was a great defender as well as playmaker so the best guy might just be Rondo. Similarly for a two way big I would want McHale. So this is a big bowl of sacrilege but yes I would say Rondo and McHale. Defensively no one is better. Offensively the only problem is the point guard can't shoot but they could keep the ball in his hands and he would be effective with the ball making decisions and penetrating

I'm all for making arguments about fit and chemistry and the like but in no ****ing world do you take Rajon Rondo over Bill ****ing Russell.

Real Men Wear Green
09-19-2023, 06:50 PM
I'm all for making arguments about fit and chemistry and the like but in no ****ing world do you take Rajon Rondo over Bill ****ing Russell.

If we assume that Rob Williams is healthy he's aDPoY level force blocking shots and rebounding. Derrick White is a good player but not an allstar. I'm not considering where these guys rank as all time greats just what they can do at their best. But I am sure that my opinion of Williams is a lot higher than yours.

Wardell Curry
09-19-2023, 06:57 PM
If we assume that Rob Williams is healthy he's aDPoY level force blocking shots and rebounding. Derrick White is a good player but not an allstar. I'm not considering where these guys rank as all time greats just what they can do at their best. But I am sure that my opinion of Williams is a lot higher than yours.

It probably is. But man no matter how good he was there for a while, when you have to tack on "if he's healthy" you things aren't going well imo.

Real Men Wear Green
09-19-2023, 07:08 PM
It probably is. But man no matter how good he was there for a while, when you have to tack on "if he's healthy" you things aren't going well imo.

The Celtics will need some luck in that regard but that's true of most teams. This being a hypothetical and Williams having been healthy enough to play in the postseason it's not a bad stretch here.

Kblaze8855
09-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Chris Mullin + Wilt Chamberlain to the Warriors. Game over. Ah, I didn't read it all. No Wilt. RIP.

Have the Lakers had any all time great players that were complete knock down shooters? Because that's what they need.

How could you possibly disrespect Russell and say "Bird + who else?" Is that a joke?

you would get wilt. Neither the 76ers, or Lakers would take him with the current lineups. And even if they wanted to he played six or seven years with the Warriors so they would get him.

And there’s obviously no question Bill Russell is greater than Rajon Rondo, but that doesn’t make him a better fit on the current Celtics to win a title.

Reggie43
09-19-2023, 07:47 PM
For a franchise that never won it all the Pacers had good teams and decent postseason success but in regards to having great players in their history they would obviously be near the bottom on these type of lists but I would love to see prime versions of Jermaine and Artest play with Tyrese and co

MrFonzworth
09-19-2023, 08:44 PM
AI, Barkley & Embiid. Would be sick to see these non winners not win together

Charlie Sheen
09-19-2023, 08:45 PM
It Im the Lakers boy Im just addin two Lebron’s to Lebron.

Got DAYUM thats some unstoppable shit :pimp:

Even with all the choices for the Lakers it wouldn't be the worst idea to ask if we could use one of these additions to swap LeBron for his ultimate form

fat lever and bobby jones

warriorfan
09-19-2023, 11:20 PM

I didn’t see that I was thinking wilt and barry or mullin

G Steph Curry
G Klay Thompson
F Chris Mullin
F Andrew Wiggins
C Wilt Chamberlain

FultzNationRISE
09-20-2023, 10:22 AM
Even with all the choices for the Lakers it wouldn't be the worst idea to ask if we could use one of these additions to swap LeBron for his ultimate form

True, altho Im not sure LeStud has even dropped off enough to justify using one of the two selections on his earlier version. He’s still BITW at 38!

It’s true his absolute prime ended after 2020, which is why he cant receive any blame for subsequent failures of the team, because AD is supposed to have been “the guy” since 2021, and he has failed.

But Lebron is STILL better than basically every historical player to ever play, except earlier versions of himself.

Wally450
09-20-2023, 01:08 PM
Russell and Bird are the two greatest Celtics but that might not be the best fit. The current Celtics would most want a great point guard. He couldn't shoot but he was a great defender as well as playmaker so the best guy might just be Rondo. Similarly for a two way big I would want McHale. So this is a big bowl of sacrilege but yes I would say Rondo and McHale. Defensively no one is better. Offensively the only problem is the point guard can't shoot but they could keep the ball in his hands and he would be effective with the ball making decisions and penetrating

Yep, my mind went immediately to Rondo when reading the title. A facilitator what will get guys the best shots and doesn't need to score.

Probably go Russell also for defense and rebounding. Take some load off Rob, Horford, Porzingus.

Norcaliblunt
09-20-2023, 08:17 PM
Lmao at taking Rondo over Russell or Bird in any situation.

If you allow Phx to have a prime Shaq and Jason Kidd that team could do some damage.

Kidd
Beal
Booker
KD
Shaq

iamgine
09-21-2023, 06:02 AM
Indiana would have insane spacing:

Tyrese Haliburton
Reggie Miller
Buddy Hield
Ron Artest
Myles Turner

iamgine
09-21-2023, 08:24 AM
Not sure how well this works:

Brand
Griffin
George
Kawhi
Mann

FultzNationRISE
09-21-2023, 10:24 AM
Not sure how well this works:

Brand
Griffin
George
Kawhi
Mann

I think personally Id give that team Baron Davis instead of Blake, altho Im not clear on whether we can use any guy that played for a team at some point, or only guys whose careers were most associated with that team.

But Baron Davis running point with that squad? My goodness.

j3lademaster
09-21-2023, 10:35 AM
Golden State has to be the answer. They’re already proven winners, and we’re going to add the Big Dipper? You have to go big to even have a prayer of slowing down Wilt, but then the perimeter play of Steph, Klay and Mullin is going to shred you. Go the usual small lineup where teams run some 6’8 spot up shooter at center, and Wilt is getting 50 on 60%+ shooting. Unless you want to foul out all 15 of your guys hacking him, I guess.

Wilt, Draymond and Klay is a pretty nasty defensive core to boot.

Some fun ones I’d like to see:

Penny and Tmac in Orlando, Roy and Walton in portland(or Glide if we’re going all in on the show), Cwebb and Peja to the Kings, and I know Houston is a dumpster fire but I’m such a Sengun simp I wanna see him with Dream. Don’t know who else bring with him though, Yao and Moses are redundant with Olajuwon and I don’t need another checker in Steve Francis when I already have Green, Porter jr and FVV. Jet maybe? Slim pickings, but he’s at least proven he can run an offense deep into the playoffs.

iamgine
09-21-2023, 03:42 PM
Garnett - Gobert - KAT frontcourt could be a problem. Too bad Minny don't really have another all time great player to pair with ANT.

Cassell
ANT
Mcdaniels
Garnett
Gobert

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2023, 04:56 PM
Indiana would have insane spacing:

Tyrese Haliburton
Reggie Miller
Buddy Hield
Ron Artest
Myles Turner
I don’t even know if that team makes it past the 2nd round in the current league.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 05:00 PM
I was actually thinking they wouldn’t win in the normal league. A few teams are like that.

Which two Hornets could you add to make it out of the easy?

Zo if Miami doesn’t take him and….?

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 05:01 PM
I guess you go

Lonzo
LJ
Zo

or maybe mix in Mashburn or take prime Baron and play two points?

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:16 PM
Suns with Nash, Booker, Durant, Amare, and Ayton would be filthy. That's 5 All Star talents in one starting lineup. Un real spacing + finishing @ the cup.

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:20 PM
Golden State has to be the answer. They’re already proven winners, and we’re going to add the Big Dipper? You have to go big to even have a prayer of slowing down Wilt, but then the perimeter play of Steph, Klay and Mullin is going to shred you. Go the usual small lineup where teams run some 6’8 spot up shooter at center, and Wilt is getting 50 on 60%+ shooting. Unless you want to foul out all 15 of your guys hacking him, I guess.

Wilt, Draymond and Klay is a pretty nasty defensive core to boot.

Some fun ones I’d like to see:

Penny and Tmac in Orlando, Roy and Walton in portland(or Glide if we’re going all in on the show), Cwebb and Peja to the Kings, and I know Houston is a dumpster fire but I’m such a Sengun simp I wanna see him with Dream. Don’t know who else bring with him though, Yao and Moses are redundant with Olajuwon and I don’t need another checker in Steve Francis when I already have Green, Porter jr and FVV. Jet maybe? Slim pickings, but he’s at least proven he can run an offense deep into the playoffs.

This is true. Wilt + the splash bros is Game Over.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 05:23 PM
Phoenix might have Barkley. Philly could take a lot of people. They should take Barkley but if we consider current leadership? I don’t know if Morey ****s with Barkleys style mixed with Embiid. He’s gotta take Barkley or Moses though. Rockets wouldn’t take both Hakeem and Moses. Moses would be there.

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:29 PM
Nash and Amare have proven dominant chemistry. Barkley wasnt a pick and roll guy I dont think. Having Nash run the PnR with Amare and Ayton while Booker and KD operate off ball on the wings would be a sight to behold. They would go wild.

iamgine
09-21-2023, 09:24 PM
I would just go Barkley & Dr J. Keep Harden.

Harden
Maxey
Dr J
Barkley
Embiid

iamgine
09-21-2023, 09:35 PM
Bulls could be small ball powerhouse:

Jordan
Lavine
Pippen
Derozan
Vucevic

John8204
09-21-2023, 10:17 PM
Golden State would be the strongest with Splash Brothers...but I would go Rick Barry, Draymond, and Wilt.

Underrated team...Cleveland Cav's Garland, Allen, Mitchell and put Kevin Love and Shawn Kemp as the wings they could make some noise

Philadelphia actually has a ton of good options Harden, Maxley, and Embiid I would go with Moses Malone and Paul Arizin over some of the bigger names. Arizin was a great compliment to Wilt, very efficient scorer.

The toughest choice for me would be San Antonio you take Duncan but would you also have Robinson or would you take George Gervin.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 10:23 PM
I wish you would bring Pitchin Paul Arizin out on that floor vs a team with Tatum and Bird or Kobe, Lebron, and Magic or one of these other superteams. I’m aware of his history and impact but….Ray/Middleton/Giannis…who is he guarding?

Id have a good time. Granted….there’s some of that with guys like Nash and Steph too but…still.

highwhey
09-21-2023, 10:42 PM
Suns would wipe the floor.

Nash
Booker
KD
Ayton
Amar'e

iamgine
09-21-2023, 11:06 PM
I like Nets team:

Kidd
Mikal Bridges
VC
Cam Johnson
Claxton

John8204
09-21-2023, 11:25 PM
I wish you would bring Pitchin Paul Arizin out on that floor vs a team with Tatum and Bird or Kobe, Lebron, and Magic or one of these other superteams. I’m aware of his history and impact but….Ray/Middleton/Giannis…who is he guarding?

Id have a good time. Granted….there’s some of that with guys like Nash and Steph too but…still.

Well you have to think about team fit, you have James Harden and Joel Embiid you put Allen Iverson on that team it wouldn't work. Arizin was a spot up shooter who could draw fouls and play ball dominant players.

Full Court
09-22-2023, 12:41 AM
Add Wilt and Magic to the Lakers, they're winning the title.

Jordan and Pippen with the current Bulls might give them a run for their money though.

So would Wade and prime Lebron on the Heat.

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 01:06 AM
Adding CWebb and Peja to the current Kings would be fun.

Maybe not one of the elite teams in this scenario but still nice.

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 01:11 AM
Grizzlies:

Steven Adams
Marc Gasol
Jaren Jackson Jr
Tony Allen
Marcus Smart

:yaohappy:

Has to be the best defensive team possible in this scenario at any rate.

hateraid
09-22-2023, 02:00 AM
The Kings might be a dark horse

Fox
Mitch Richmond
Barnes
Chris Webber
Sabonis

That would be a step up from the team that challenged the prime Lakers.

Fox > Bibby
Sabonis > Divac

Prime Webber fits today's NBA and would compliment Fox
Mitch Richmond would be like a modern day RJ Barret. All around gritty team.

hateraid
09-22-2023, 02:01 AM
Adding CWebb and Peja to the current Kings would be fun.

Maybe not one of the elite teams in this scenario but still nice.

Replace Peja with Mitch

hateraid
09-22-2023, 02:07 AM
Also a Trae/Nique combo would be nasty
Is there anyone better to throw a lob to? Add Mutombo

Trae
Murray
Nique
Bey
Mt. Mutombo

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 02:39 AM
I like Nets team:

Kidd
Mikal Bridges
VC
Cam Johnson
Claxtonno way Toronto passes up on VC. And I think of Kidd more as a Net than a sun or Mav, but he technically played in Dallas like half a season longer. That isn’t even the main problem with this Nets team, the main problem is… what makes them better than the early 2000’s Nets?

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 02:45 AM
Also a Trae/Nique combo would be nasty
Is there anyone better to throw a lob to? Add Mutombo

Trae
Murray
Nique
Bey
Mt. MutomboI like Mutombo, but I have a hard time seeing him being much more effective than Gobert in today’s league.

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 03:02 AM
I was actually thinking they wouldn’t win in the normal league. A few teams are like that.

Which two Hornets could you add to make it out of the easy?

Zo if Miami doesn’t take him and….?Miami takes Wade for sure, and probably takes Zo. Leaves Glen Rice open, a guy who is built for the modern game. Maybe Crash to bolster the defense? Yeah, not happening without Mourning. If Miami takes Bosh, then:

Lamelo
Rozier
Rice
Bridges
Zo

Not sure if I see them winning, but this may be as good as it gets for them.

iamgine
09-22-2023, 04:26 AM
no way Toronto passes up on VC. And I think of Kidd more as a Net than a sun or Mav, but he technically played in Dallas like half a season longer. That isn’t even the main problem with this Nets team, the main problem is… what makes them better than the early 2000’s Nets?

Ah true Toronto would claim VC.

Kidd however, I think Nets can claim him cause he played more games there.

iamgine
09-22-2023, 04:36 AM
There's no way Lakers would leave Kareem for Milwaukee to pair with Giannis. They'd 100% claim Kareem and leave Shaq to Orlando.

They then just have to pick between Kobe & Magic.

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 05:57 AM
There's no way Lakers would leave Kareem for Milwaukee to pair with Giannis. They'd 100% claim Kareem and leave Shaq to Orlando.

They then just have to pick between Kobe & Magic.agreed. Kareem is the better defensive player, one of the most reliable Ironman health records ever(which gets overlooked all the time in these debates for some reason), and with team ppp at an all time high, hack a Shaq is more effective than ever.

Not trying to shit on Diesel, but this is an all time top 3 we’re talking about here… with a legit argument for goat.

iamgine
09-22-2023, 06:13 AM
agreed. Kareem is the better defensive player, one of the most reliable Ironman health records ever(which gets overlooked all the time in these debates for some reason), and with team ppp at an all time high, hack a Shaq is more effective than ever.

Not trying to shit on Diesel, but this is an all time top 3 we’re talking about here… with a legit argument for goat.
It's not even about that. They just can't be that dumb to leave Kareem to be paired with Giannis.

Real Men Wear Green
09-22-2023, 06:38 AM
The Kings might be a dark horse

Fox
Mitch Richmond
Barnes
Chris Webber
Sabonis

That would be a step up from the team that challenged the prime Lakers.

Fox > Bibby
Sabonis > Divac

Prime Webber fits today's NBA and would compliment Fox
Mitch Richmond would be like a modern day RJ Barret. All around gritty team.

Bibby playing out of his mind was the reason they challenged the Lakers
Fox is clearly better overall but he has never shown clutch ability like what Bibby did for that one postseason. So if Bibby isn't playing the point about them challenging the Lakers is moot. Just about everyone else on that team was choking.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 07:37 AM

They then just have to pick between Kobe & Magic.

I’d take Kareem but can you see Buss passing on a Magic/Kobe/Lebron lineup to get an extra big when they have AD?

They would probably play Lebron at the 4 and AD at the 5 and get the best shooter they could for the 3. Bucks have Kareem fall to them and the Magic end up with Shaq and Tmac.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 07:43 AM
Second round would be Suns, Warriors, Lakers and….who else out west?

East likely Celtics, Bucks, Heat, and who?

I imagine the conference finals would be Warriors vs Lakers if they gel since the suns won’t play defense.

I just feel like in the end the Bucks are playing the Warriors.

Kareem/Wilt
Giannis/Draymond or Wiggins
Middleton/Mullin
Ray Allen/Klay
Jrue/Steph

Both of those teams so complete and they would have good chemistry and fits up and down the lineups.

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 07:58 AM
Magic, Kobe and Lebron are the 3 biggest box office draws of all time outside of MJ. Can definitely see Lakers rolling with this from a business standpoint now that you’ve laid it out.

If the Bucks get Kareem they might take it. Ray Allen is playoff clutch, and in his prime was a complete player with handles and finishing ability, and Curry doesn’t have the best finals track record. Bucks can hack a Wilt in crucial moments to cool down runs… can’t do that with Cap.

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 08:08 AM
Second round would be Suns, Warriors, Lakers and….who else out west?

East likely Celtics, Bucks, Heat, and who?

I imagine the conference finals would be Warriors vs Lakers if they gel since the suns won’t play defense.

I just feel like in the end the Bucks are playing the Warriors.

Kareem/Wilt
Giannis/Draymond or Wiggins
Middleton/Mullin
Ray Allen/Klay
Jrue/Steph

Both of those teams so complete and they would have good chemistry and fits up and down the lineups.putting the Bulls as the dark horse purely out of respect for MJ. When was the last time he wasn’t the best player in a series by a notable margin? 95 vs Orlando… what else? No other player has this scary of an aura when it’s all on the line. And he’s been doing it during the era of big men while outmatched at center his entire career, but you can run artis Gilmore over Pipp if you’re really that worried about it. I wouldn’t.

iamgine
09-22-2023, 08:19 AM
I’d take Kareem but can you see Buss passing on a Magic/Kobe/Lebron lineup to get an extra big when they have AD?

They would probably play Lebron at the 4 and AD at the 5 and get the best shooter they could for the 3. Bucks have Kareem fall to them and the Magic end up with Shaq and Tmac.

Well, I'd assume Buss ain't a dumbass who'd rely on AD to take on the Duncan/Robinsons of the world night after night. So that's not a realistic scenario for me.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 08:54 AM
The pull of Kobe coming back would be too strong. He’s probably a given with Jeanie. And Magic too?

In the end it’s a business too. It’s a business first with the lakers who don’t have non nba money. I don’t think a Magic/Kobe/Lebron trio gets passed up on when they already have a great big.

They would be the top attraction even among these superteams.

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 08:59 AM
Bibby playing out of his mind was the reason they challenged the Lakers
Fox is clearly better overall but he has never shown clutch ability like what Bibby did for that one postseason. So if Bibby isn't playing the point about them challenging the Lakers is moot. Just about everyone else on that team was choking.

https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2023/04/deaaron-fox-clutch-graphic-Hero.png

:lol

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 09:13 AM
Replace Peja with Mitch

In this particular situation it’s a pick em I think, MitchRich has more all around game and obviously a sharp shooter in his own right, Peja just happens to be one of the few guys who was an even better shooter.

For this team with Fox, Sabonis and CWeb soaking up touches, they may be better off just adding Peja to the perimeter. But obviously cant go wrong with either.

iamgine
09-22-2023, 09:14 AM
The pull of Kobe coming back would be too strong. He’s probably a given with Jeanie. And Magic too?

In the end it’s a business too. It’s a business first with the lakers who don’t have non nba money. I don’t think a Magic/Kobe/Lebron trio gets passed up on when they already have a great big.

They would be the top attraction even among these superteams.

If it's strictly business most likely they go with Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Kareem. I don't think Magic is more popular than Shaq with today's audience. And business is about being reasonable too. Not about 'the pull is too strong'.

Real Men Wear Green
09-22-2023, 09:39 AM
https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2023/04/deaaron-fox-clutch-graphic-Hero.png

That's a regular season award. The discussion is about what Bibby did for that Kings team in a specific playoff series. Fox has never had a playoffs where he was hitting clutch shots like Bibby did in that one postseason.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:01 AM
If it's strictly business most likely they go with Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Kareem. I don't think Magic is more popular than Shaq with today's audience. And business is about being reasonable too. Not about 'the pull is too strong'.

Kareem is absolutely not gonna go ahead of Magic for business purposes and for basketball purposes it’s a tossup considering they already have AD and no point guard.

There is no shot Jeanie Buss passes on the chance to revive Kobe for this dream scenario.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:10 AM
Thinking about it….who would Dallas second pick be?

Dirk is obvious.

The nets take Kidd don’t they once the Suns choose Nash over him?

Finley, Howard, Aguirre, and Derek Harper all good players but for this?

They would have Kyrie/Luka/Dirk

Thats a lotta offense.

Would they be forced to take Mavs Chandler or even Roy Tarpley if he’s clean in this hypothetical?

It sounds far fetched but….they might need to pass on all their offensive guys. They aren’t taking Antione Walker, NVE(who neither the lakers or nuggets would take), Antawn Jamison, or Devin Harris.

They need a big body and some defense.

Could Tyson Chandler actually be their second pick?

If so….he’s the worst selection any team makes right?

They better pray the Nets want Doctor J and someone like Derrick Coleman. But over Kidd once the Suns choose Nash?

Nah.

Kidds off the table leaving very little.

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 10:15 AM
Sonics/Thunder would be intriguing.

Youve got Shai, Giddey, Chet, and then youre adding KD and… Kemp?

And yes I know theyre technically not considered a single continuous franchise.

Edit: Forgot about Ray, cant pass up pairing him with KD even it’s not one of their positional needs

Edit 2: Forgot about no active players. So Ray and Kemp?

Edit 3: Ok Bucks get Ray. So… GP and Kemp. Fair enough.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:19 AM
No active players move and no duplicates. KD stays on the suns. Thunder would take…Kemp and Payton since the bucks take Ray by having the superior claim by years. They might kick around taking Rashard Lewis since they have a point but I think GP and Kemp take it.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:25 AM
I just realized the Rockets have the superior claim to the Magic for Tmac though he was a lesser player there.

05 Tmac
94 Hakeem

Better than Moses and Hakeem together?

highwhey
09-22-2023, 10:26 AM
Sonics/Thunder would be intriguing.

Youve got Shai, Giddey, Chet, and then youre adding KD and… Kemp?

And yes I know theyre technically not considered a single continuous franchise.

ha. what a fkn idiot

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 10:29 AM
No active players move and no duplicates. KD stays on the suns. Thunder would take…Kemp and Payton since the bucks take Ray by having the superior claim by years. They might kick around taking Rashard Lewis since they have a point but I think GP and Kemp take it.

Actually since they have a backcourt and are more in need of some front court beef, theres an argument to take Kemp and some random old player we have no reason to care about. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513525-Todays-random-old-guy-you-have-little-reason-to-care-about-Jack-Sikma)

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:34 AM
While I’d sanction such a move I think a modern GM is more likely to take Vin Baker and play he and Kemp up front.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:39 AM
I’m trying to figure out a way to not disrespect the current champs but every combo I can think of might make them worse. Or just…not as much better as everyone else gets.

Mutombo with Jokic at the 4?

No.

Melo if he didn’t throw off the touches for Jokic.

Every combo I can think of hurts either shooting or chemistry.

Iggy fits the Nuggets well….

Iggy and Melo?

Murray
Iggy
MPJ
Melo
Jokic

What else can they do?

Ignore Melo and go for one of their even worse defensive no outside having 80s scorers?

Take a chance on Abdul Rauf being better today?

NVE off the bench?

Mcdyess at the 4?

Something with Billups?

Alllllll the way back to David Thompson and Bobby Jones?

I can’t think of a way to make them contend with these other teams.

EllEffEll
09-22-2023, 10:39 AM
Kareem and The Logo.

Kareem (C)
Anthony Davis (PF)
LBJ (SF/PG)
Jerry West (SG)
Any scrub with a pulse that can defend well (PG)

I have to say that current GS with Mullins and Wilt could get ridiculous.

And, could the Clippers claim prime McAdoo?

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:43 AM
They could because none of his other stops would take him. The Knicks might if they got his Clippers/Brave version but they wouldn’t take Knicks Mcadoo over Ewing or King/Melo.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:44 AM
Clippers having healthy Walton(we are assuming all players are healthy) and Mcadoo with Leonard and George would be interesting.

Not sure what other direction they could go. Mark Jackson at the point would be interesting but they wouldn’t do it.

EllEffEll
09-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Braves McAdoo was a force to be reckoned with for three years pre-injury.

And, if we're considering prime Walton, that's a front court as good as any I can think of.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 10:59 AM
Memphis plus both Gasol brothers? That would be a hell of a bigman trio with JJJ. Two DPOYs, 2 elite bigman passers, and all 3 can shoot with Ja and Bane

Might they slip into the home court race behind the Warriors, Suns, and Lakers?

j3lademaster
09-22-2023, 11:04 AM
I just realized the Rockets have the superior claim to the Magic for Tmac though he was a lesser player there.

05 Tmac
94 Hakeem

Better than Moses and Hakeem together?
I think Malone takes a hit in today’s nba, evident in guys like Drummond basically becoming unplayable with how the NBA’s changed in the last ~8 years. I’m not saying he’d be unplayable himself since he’s a legend, but the hit he’d take would put him below a prime Tmac. Plus Sengun is currently the only player worth a damn on the current Rockets, so… opportunity cost and all that. Sengun at the 4 and Dream at the 5.

FultzNationRISE
09-22-2023, 11:20 AM
I’m trying to figure out a way to not disrespect the current champs but every combo I can think of might make them worse. Or just…not as much better as everyone else gets.

Mutombo with Jokic at the 4?

No.

Melo if he didn’t throw off the touches for Jokic.

Every combo I can think of hurts either shooting or chemistry.

Iggy fits the Nuggets well….

Iggy and Melo?

Murray
Iggy
MPJ
Melo
Jokic

What else can they do?

Ignore Melo and go for one of their even worse defensive no outside having 80s scorers?

Take a chance on Abdul Rauf being better today?

NVE off the bench?

Mcdyess at the 4?

Something with Billups?

Alllllll the way back to David Thompson and Bobby Jones?

I can’t think of a way to make them contend with these other teams.

Iggy for sure altho I think a case can be made current Sixers should/would take him as a lot of their past stars are redundant with current players (AI/Harden, Embiid/Barkley/Moses). I guess youve got Dr J as well, so prob end up just going him and Barkley.

I dont know much about older Nuggets like Alex English and KiKi Vandewegh and the like, but for more recent guys I think a perfect bench fit would actually be NeNe, who was a really talented PF/C when healthy. Obviously nowhere near as as highly ranked as all the other legends getting picked from other teams but like you said, it’s kinda slim pickins for the Nuggets. Best bet might just be to add some good depth.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2023, 11:26 AM
You’d have to go Mcdyess before Nene. Jokic would buy lobbing all kinds of recklessly spectacular passes up to him. He and Iggy could be a culture fit.

dankok8
09-22-2023, 11:41 AM
I think Malone takes a hit in today’s nba, evident in guys like Drummond basically becoming unplayable with how the NBA’s changed in the last ~8 years. I’m not saying he’d be unplayable himself since he’s a legend, but the hit he’d take would put him below a prime Tmac. Plus Sengun is currently the only player worth a damn on the current Rockets, so… opportunity cost and all that. Sengun at the 4 and Dream at the 5.

Nah.. Moses would dominate. He would grab an insane number of offensive boards and dunk almost every one of them or end up at the line.

sdot_thadon
09-22-2023, 11:59 AM
I'm going with Moses and Dr.j on Philly with Embiid and Harden instead of Ai. AI would erase Hardens presence.

The Bucks gotta be the run away favorite for me through with Alcindor and Ray Allen. That team would be hell in a 7 game series.

I'm adding Russell and Bird to Boston and that's another killer.

Wilt and Mullin to the Warriors would be crazy too, was thinking about how Webber could fit into the mix...

What about the Clippers with Cp3 and either Blake or Elton Brand?

Suns with Amare and Barkley or Marion?

Lakers with Kobe and Shaq? I think Jabbar would be a better fit but I put him on the Bucks.

Denver.....I saw Mcdyess somewhere in an earlier post. He's a good one, and I guess Melo?

iamgine
09-22-2023, 08:29 PM
Denver could be:

Jokic
Bobby Jones
Porter Jr
Skywalker
Murray

iamgine
09-22-2023, 08:39 PM
Who'd New York get after Ewing? Gotta be Bernard King.

Ewing
Randle
King
Barrett
Brunson

gonzaldo
09-22-2023, 10:57 PM
Fat Lever
Murray
Melo
Gordon
Jokic

Melo playing plenty with the second unit

iamgine
09-22-2023, 11:25 PM
Would love to see the passes Jokic makes to Skywalker. Would be a lob fest.