PDA

View Full Version : Evidence that Horry > Pippen (but Pip simply played with the goat that elevated him)

3ba11
09-20-2023, 08:40 PM
Evidence #1 - Horry was far superior early in their careers (2nd best player on a champion):

ROOKIE HORRY.............. starter
ROOJKIE PIPPEN............ bench-warmer

2nd YEAR HORRY........... 2nd-best player on title team & historic clutch performer
2ND YEAR PIPPEN.......... bum

3RD YEAR HORRY........... played better in 95' Finals than Pippen ever played
3RD YEAR PIPPEN.......... historic "migraine" choke cost MJ title

Evidence #2 - Horry had higher peak capability:

FINALS

95' Horry...... 19.0 gamescore... 18/10/4/3/2 on 57 TS

92' Pippen.... 18.1 gamescore.... 21/8/7/2/1 on 56 TS
91' Pippen.... 17.5 gamescore.... 21/9/7/2/1 on 53 TS
93' Pippen.... 15.6 gamescore.... 20/9/8/2/1 on 46 TS
97' Pippen.... 15.1 gamescore.... 20/8/3/2/2 on 54 TS
96' Pippen.... 13.4 gamescore.... 16/7/5/2/1 on 43 TS
98' Pippen.... 13.0 gamescore.... 16/8/5/2/1 on 50 TS

Evidence #3 - Everyone went off on Pippen, so Horry would join the many forwards that regularly outplayed Pippen:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513893-Pippen-s-defense-was-overrated-he-couldn-t-contain-opposing-SF-s&p=14827646&viewfull=1#post14827646

Evidence #4 - Horry agrees with me that he would destroy Pippen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZpVlMVYr-A&t=24s

Evidence #5 - Horry was historic clutch performer and floor-spacer, while Pippen was historic bricklayer, lane-clogger, and choker with the worst clutch stats in history

* Horry hit 100 big shots to win 7 rings and provided Hakeem with great spacing
* Pippen hit 0 big shots to win 6 rings and clogged the lanes for MJ

TLDR: MJ would've won titles EARLIER and EASIER with horry than pippen.. MJ didn't need Pippen's passing just like Kobe didn't need it and paxson can easily be replaced by any PG like sam vincent let alone someone like derek harper

RRR3
09-20-2023, 09:36 PM
This is like arguing Derek Fisher is better than Gary Payton.

3ba11
09-20-2023, 09:55 PM
This is like arguing Derek Fisher is better than Gary Payton.

Was Derek Fisher the 2nd best player on title teams, or play better in a Finals than Pippen did in any of his 6, or turn into MJ to win the critical game in the 05' Finals?

both pippen and horry are mostly transition players, so they don't provide true scoring support where they alter gameplans... although horry requires closing out on, so he's at least on the scouting report, while pippen allows opposing coaches the rare luxury of sagging off and packing the paint similar to ben simmons

SouBeachTalents
09-20-2023, 09:57 PM
Yep, Horry's better than Pippen, LeBron's not top 10, Kawhi is top 5 all time, the Bulls won 55 games without Jordan but still sucked, OP isn't a fakkit, these are all well known facts that are set in reality and backed by comprehensive evidence.

3ba11
09-20-2023, 10:11 PM
Notice how 94' Horry is right there with 93' Pippen (and of course far superior spacing and clutch):

It's statistical fact that Jordan 3-peated with less help than 94' Hakeem or 11' Dirk:

PLAYOFFS

94' Hakeem...... 27.7 PER.... 8.5 BPM... 2.6 VORP... 0.208 WS/48... 28.9 ppg
94' Horry.......... 16.7 PER.... 5.0 BPM... 1.4 VORP... 0.152 WS/48... 11.7 ppg
GAP.................... 11.0............3.5............ 1.2............ 0.056.......... 17.2

93' Jordan........ 30.1 PER... 11.6 BPM... 2.9 VORP... 0.270 WS/48... 35.1 ppg
93' Pippen........ 16.9 PER..... 2.0 BPM... 0.8 VORP... 0.083 WS/48... 20.1 ppg
GAP..................... 13.2........... 9.6............ 2.1........... 0.187.......... 15.0

11' Dirk............ 25.2 PER... 5.5 BPM... 1.6 VORP... 0.210 WS/48... 27.7 ppg
11' Terry........... 20.3 PER... 4.6 BPM... 1.1 VORP... 0.179 WS/48... 17.5 ppg
GAP..................... 4.9............1.1............. 0.5............ 0.031.......... 10.2

3ba11
09-20-2023, 10:19 PM
Yep, Horry's better than Pippen, LeBron's not top 10, Kawhi is top 5 all time, the Bulls won 55 games without Jordan but still sucked, OP isn't a fakkit, these are all well known facts that are set in reality and backed by comprehensive evidence.

Horry clearly started out as the better player but Pippen had MJ and therefore developed more, however Horry still maintained higher peak capability as we saw in 95' Finals (better than Pippen ever played) or the 05' Finals (literally MJ-level to win the critical game and save Duncan's career)

Pippen was an 8 ppg bum at 24 years old until MJ elevated him into a Larry Nance or Iggy-level player

3ba11
09-20-2023, 10:24 PM
MJ-caliber on the biggest stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI

tpols
09-20-2023, 10:25 PM

Horry gets zero credit for his production on the Rockets, and everywhere else he went. Rockets, Lakers, Spurs you name it. There's a reason the guy was a 7 time champion.

RRR3
09-20-2023, 10:26 PM
Horry clearly started out as the better player but Pippen had MJ and therefore developed more, however Horry still maintained higher peak capability as we saw in 95' Finals (better than Pippen ever played) or the 05' Finals (literally MJ-level to win the critical game and save Duncan's career)

Pippen was an 8 ppg bum at 24 years old until MJ elevated him into a Larry Nance or Iggy-level player
1. Pippen scored 16.5 PPG and was an allstar at 24. 19.3 PPG in the playoffs. "8 ppg bum" tho!

2. Robery Horry "saved" Duncan's career by scoring 15 points in game 7? Nice to know you consider 15 points peak MJ level. The same Duncan who already had two FMVPs?

ShawkFactory
09-20-2023, 10:35 PM
Horry gets zero credit for his production on the Rockets, and everywhere else he went. Rockets, Lakers, Spurs you name it. There's a reason the guy was a 7 time champion.

So that must mean he’s better than Pippen.

Unless you think 3ball is this big Horry fan trying to make a point that he’s underrated and that’s his entire thing here?

tpols
09-20-2023, 10:38 PM
So that must mean he’s better than Pippen.

Unless you think 3ball is this big Horry fan trying to make a point that he’s underrated and that’s his entire thing here?

I truly believe if Horry came up under MJ's competitive tutelage he would've been better than pippen.

Point blank... I'd say he was better than him without it given his playoff clutchness.

Xiao Yao You
09-20-2023, 10:44 PM
I think Pippen was highly overrated but Horry didn't even start playing until after the all star break. That counts against him. He'd be great today with load management

RRR3
09-20-2023, 10:46 PM
I truly believe if Horry came up under MJ's competitive tutelage he would've been better than pippen.

Point blank... I'd say he was better than him without it given his playoff clutchness.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Stuff like this and you saying Siakam>Giannis is why you're the laughingstock of the NBA forum.

ShawkFactory
09-20-2023, 10:52 PM

No you don’t.

To quote Andre: two thing I hate, liars and thieves they make my blood boil

Stop lying.

SouBeachTalents
09-20-2023, 10:53 PM
He was a 7x time champion because he played with peak Hakeem, Shaq/Kobe & Duncan :lol It's not even a knock on him, I'm just providing the proper context. And yes, he hit two buckets that literally swung the championship in '02 & '05, in addition to numerous others he hit in his career. If I had to choose a non all-star PF for my team, he'd be at the top of my list of consideration.

But this is where you post such a preposterous argument, it's akin to arguing with Charlie Kelly when he makes some absurd claim, just not even worth the time to debate; that a role player who peaked at 12 ppg would have been as good as a 7x All-NBA player/top 10 player of the decade/member of the 50th anniversary team.

If Jordan could turn any role player into a HOFer, why did he stop with just Pippen? Why wasn't the Bulls roster filled with All-NBA players if Jordan was capable of turning water into wine with anybody who played with him?

tpols
09-20-2023, 10:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Stuff like this and you saying Siakam>Giannis is why you're the laughingstock of the NBA forum.

I'm not group thinking like yall. Robert Horry was a better playoff performer than Scottie pippen.

ShawkFactory
09-20-2023, 11:01 PM
I'm not group thinking like yall. Robert Horry was a better playoff performer than Scottie pippen.

Lol what a condescending way to say “I’m just throwing out ridiculous takes”.

RRR3
09-20-2023, 11:01 PM
Having a factually correct opinion is not "group thinking". By your idiotic logic, John Paxson was a better playoff performer than Damian Lillard.

tpols
09-20-2023, 11:08 PM
Having a factually correct opinion is not "group thinking". By your idiotic logic, John Paxson was a better playoff performer than Damian Lillard.

If Paxson won 7 titles hitting clutch shots across every single team he played for I'd agree. But he didn't, and so I don't.

RRR3
09-20-2023, 11:09 PM
If Paxson won 7 titles hitting clutch shots across every single one I'd agree. But he didn't, and so I don't.
Derek Fisher won 5 titles, hitting countless clutch shots. You taking him over Dame? :roll:

Axe
09-20-2023, 11:21 PM
Op got banned again lolol.

tpols
09-20-2023, 11:26 PM
Robert Ĥorry was capable of takeovers like this even as an old guy.

https://youtu.be/BZdik09RGJI?si=vtDeZbT2YnNZEXxr

Comparing him to Derek fisher is a more crazy take than me saying he performed better in the playoffs than pippen. The latter has merit while the former is just an absurdity.

RRR3
09-20-2023, 11:31 PM

Comparing him to Derek fisher is a more crazy take than me saying he performed better in the playoffs than pippen. The latter has merit while the former is just an absurdity.
Wow he scored an astounding 21 whole points, role players have never done anything like that before :rolleyes:

tpols
09-20-2023, 11:37 PM
21 against that playoff Detroit defense is like 45 today. You'd be leaving the court on a stretcher playing against them.

RRR3
09-20-2023, 11:41 PM
21 against that playoff Detroit defense is like 45 today. You'd be leaving the court on a stretcher playing against them.
Is this supposed to make Horry look impressive? Being better than ME? :roll:

tpols
09-20-2023, 11:42 PM
Is this supposed to make Horry look impressive? Being better than ME? :roll:

You've got a point. :lol

tpols
09-20-2023, 11:52 PM
He was a 7x time champion because he played with peak Hakeem, Shaq/Kobe & Duncan :lol It's not even a knock on him, I'm just providing the proper context. And yes, he hit two buckets that literally swung the championship in '02 & '05, in addition to numerous others he hit in his career. If I had to choose a non all-star PF for my team, he'd be at the top of my list of consideration.

But this is where you post such a preposterous argument, it's akin to arguing with Charlie Kelly when he makes some absurd claim, just not even worth the time to debate; that a role player who peaked at 12 ppg would have been as good as a 7x All-NBA player/top 10 player of the decade/member of the 50th anniversary team.

If Jordan could turn any role player into a HOFer, why did he stop with just Pippen? Why wasn't the Bulls roster filled with All-NBA players if Jordan was capable of turning water into wine with anybody who played with him?

Accolades mean little to me.

Russell Westbrook was an MVP and he would've made every team robert Horry played for worse.

Big shot Bob always turned up when it mattered most and never stepped on toes, only positively affecting chemistry and killing it in crunchtime.

97 bulls
09-21-2023, 12:17 AM
If Paxson won 7 titles hitting clutch shots across every single team he played for I'd agree. But he didn't, and so I don't.

Steve Kerr has 5 titles hitting big shots. Is he better than Damien Lillard?

Baller789
09-21-2023, 12:34 AM
OP trollin hard.

Phoenix
09-21-2023, 11:44 AM
Board activity must have dropped the last week so the time was right to activate OP into making another thread, let it run for a while then 'punish' him with a 3-5 day ban for the lulz.

Long live ISH.

sdot_thadon
09-21-2023, 12:01 PM
Evidence of a neurological condition to say the least.

NBAGOAT
09-21-2023, 12:02 PM

they average the same ppg in the playoffs, there is no absurdity haha. And this definitely counts as a takeover from 35 year old fisher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6PrZrMkiA

red1
09-21-2023, 12:02 PM
OP proving his insanity once again

should have been a career criminal would have gotten off in every case for being certifiably insane

red1
09-21-2023, 12:03 PM

he used to write essays arguing that mo williams was better than pippen, and "more talented" as a basketball player

once he even argued that mo williams had more talent than derrick rose

argued anderson varejao> rodman

he's insane.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 12:09 PM

There have not been 10 dumber things said on the internet on any subject in any language this year.

“Performance” isnt the 14 seconds worth of shots you remember from 15 years. If he were performing better he wouldnt have been playing 25 minutes a game off the bench behind people you at times wouldn’t even know by a headshot. At the age we don’t mind shitting on Scottie’s half a season injured shooting numbers(and ignoring things like title winning defensive plays) Horry was actually allowed to start in the playoffs and put up 6/7 on 32% shooting and 5(yes five) percent shooting from 3.

Pippen has know nothing trolls pretending his off shooting games where the other team openly admits he destroyed them are bad basketball. If he played to the Horry standard hed be utterly clowned.

Horry peaked at an unremarkable Scottie performance. Scottie’s bad is standard Horry without playmaking, worse perimeter defense, but adding a three a night.

Healthy prime 28 year old Scottie is not coming off the bench behind

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2309212136580301.jpeg

and there’s a 70% chance you don’t even know who that is.

8Ball
09-21-2023, 12:48 PM

https://media.tenor.com/0yi68Ri2JS4AAAAC/jameson-laugh.gif

8Ball
09-21-2023, 12:51 PM
Next 3ball thread will be how Iman Shumpert > Scottie Pippen :oldlol:

red1
09-21-2023, 12:56 PM
There have not been 10 dumber things said on the internet on any subject in any language this year.

“Performance” isnt the 14 seconds worth of shots you remember from 15 years. If he were performing better he wouldnt have been playing 25 minutes a game off the bench behind people you at times wouldn’t even know by a headshot. At the age we don’t mind shitting on Scottie’s half a season injured shooting numbers(and ignoring things like title winning defensive plays) Horry was actually allowed to start in the playoffs and put up 6/7 on 32% shooting and 5(yes five) percent shooting from 3.

Pippen has know nothing trolls pretending his off shooting games where the other team openly admits he destroyed them are bad basketball. If he played to the Horry standard hed be utterly clowned.

Horry peaked at an unremarkable Scottie performance. Scottie’s bad is standard Horry without playmaking, worse perimeter defense, but adding a three a night.

Healthy prime 28 year old Scottie is not coming off the bench behind

:oldlol:

facts. these kids are retarded. they dont understand things like game-planning and defensive attention.

horry delivered in his role over and over again but comparing him to pippen as equals is just crazy.

tpols
09-21-2023, 01:05 PM
Evidence #1 - Horry was far superior early in their careers (2nd best player on a champion):

2nd YEAR HORRY........... 2nd-best player on title team & historic clutch performer

FINALS

Evidence #3 - Everyone went off on Pippen, so Horry would join the many forwards that regularly outplayed Pippen:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513893-Pippen-s-defense-was-overrated-he-couldn-t-contain-opposing-SF-s&p=14827646&viewfull=1#post14827646

Evidence #5 - Horry was historic clutch performer and floor-spacer, while Pippen was historic bricklayer, lane-clogger, and choker with the worst clutch stats in history

TLDR: MJ would've won titles EARLIER and EASIER with horry than pippen.. MJ didn't need Pippen's passing just like Kobe didn't need it and paxson can easily be replaced by any PG like sam vincent let alone someone like derek harper

Real talk fellas, I haven't seen one rebuttal to the above. Silencing people by banning them just shows you're afraid of the truth. And it's honestly both an affirmation of the point being made and also an indictment on your character.

ShawkFactory
09-21-2023, 01:13 PM
Real talk fellas, I haven't seen one rebuttal to the above. Silencing people by banning them just shows you're afraid of the truth. And it's honestly both an affirmation of the point being made and also an indictment on your character.

He’s made the exact same post, that has already been refuted, more than 5 times. That’s not an exaggeration.

8Ball
09-21-2023, 01:13 PM

All-nba teams

Robert Horry: 0
Scottie Pippen: 7

All star teams

Scottie Pippen: 7

All defensive teams

Scottie Pippen: 10

Led his team in assists:

Scottie Pippen: Multiple times

MVP points:

Scottie Pippen: Over 700

NEXT

Real Men Wear Green
09-21-2023, 01:39 PM

No I'm just not interested in a dumb argument with a crazy person. You think no one can argue Pip is better than Robert a Horry? Fine. I am not going to attempt to fix that kind of stupid.

tpols
09-21-2023, 02:13 PM
No I'm just not interested in a dumb argument with a crazy person. You think no one can argue Pip is better than Robert a Horry? Fine. I am not going to attempt to fix that kind of stupid.

But you clearly were interested and attempted to "fix" it by banning and silencing. It obviously bothered you to the point you took action. If it was a nothing burger you wouldn't have paid it any mind.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 02:37 PM
Not being allowed to repeat yourself 3500 more times isn’t silencing. It’s spam prevention. There isn’t one point in this topic that doesn’t exist in multiple others on this board. This entire topic is a Word for Word copy paste because he has nothing left to say. He has run out. But chooses to continue. Doesn’t have to think of new content. Doesn’t even really reply. His reply is a copy of replies years ago.

When you have literally nothing to say but won’t stop saying the same thing you really should be banned. Just making another topic full of nothing for people to come repeat themselves in.

I must have repeated myself about his repeating himself about this topic often enough I probably need to go myself. Indulgence of a literal insane person because he hates the same people you hate is not a kindness.

8Ball
09-21-2023, 02:37 PM
But you clearly were interested and attempted to "fix" it by banning and silencing. It obviously bothered you to the point you took action. If it was a nothing burger you wouldn't have paid it any mind.

Rethink your life if you produce thoughts that say Robert Horry > Scottie Pippen.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-21-2023, 02:39 PM

Since nobody answered, JR Reid.

Only season he played with LA was that 99 lockout one. Given the minutes? Decent roleplayer and rebounder.

Havent posted much lately, but saying Horry>Pip is more or less trolling. Keep it a buck bruh :lol

Is having that opinion bannable? On this site? I mean...there are FAR worse posters who spam and deliberately derail threads. So maybe not lol

dankok8
09-21-2023, 02:40 PM
What the actual f**k OP... :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
09-21-2023, 03:10 PM

I don't deny my hatred. But the actual argument would be like arguing with a 30 year-old that dropped out of 10th grade and had decided that 1+1 is 9 because his cat says so. He's a stupid **** and yes you may feel offended by the implication towards anyone that agrees with him.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2023, 03:46 PM
Since nobody answered, JR Reid.

Only season he played with LA was that 99 lockout one. Given the minutes? Decent roleplayer and rebounder.

Havent posted much lately, but saying Horry>Pip is more or less trolling. Keep it a buck bruh :lol

Is having that opinion bannable? On this site? I mean...there are FAR worse posters who spam and deliberately derail threads. So maybe not lol

J.R. a better college player and NBA prospect than Horry or Pippen

Norcaliblunt
09-21-2023, 03:52 PM
Robert Horry had a chance to prove himself as a franchise player in Phoenix but ended up losing the first 15 games in a row to start the season. Then threw a towel in his coaches face and got traded.

Horry melted down harder in Phoenix then Pippen could ever even imagine.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2023, 04:02 PM
Robert Horry had a chance to prove himself as a franchise player in Phoenix but ended up losing the first 15 games in a row to start the season. Then threw a towel in his coaches face and got traded.

Horry melted down harder in Phoenix then Pippen could ever even imagine.

he never had a chance to be a franchise player. He pretty much blew off every season until after the all star break

Charlie Sheen
09-21-2023, 04:14 PM

that's jr reid if anyone was wondering...the hair is a dead giveaway :lol

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:03 PM
Horry peaked at an unremarkable Scottie performance.

Horrys 1994 Finals gamescore was better than any of Pippens 6 playing with MJ. How does that happen? You don't think under Jordans leadership Horry wouldn't improve? The only thing he lacked was ambition. His skill and size and athletic ability were all elite. And he was cold as ice with the game on the line while Pippen was trash in that regard.

Carbine
09-21-2023, 05:13 PM
Pippen is the best #2 of his era and clearly showed he was a good enough #1 to be lead a team to a decent playoff run and good regular season.

Horry proved he was the best #4 of his era who could provide #2 value in a series HERE OR THERE over the many playoff series he was involved in.

That's a massive difference. If you're argument is Horry could outplay Pippen in a series, OK. If that's the gauge of "who's better" than basically anyone is better than anyone, besides a select few in the history of the game.

ShawkFactory
09-21-2023, 05:15 PM
So you’re just going to continue to double down. Interesting.

sdot_thadon
09-21-2023, 05:25 PM
Horrys 1994 Finals gamescore was better than any of Pippens 6 playing with MJ. How does that happen? You don't think under Jordans leadership Horry wouldn't improve? The only thing he lacked was ambition. His skill and size and athletic ability were all elite. And he was cold as ice with the game on the line while Pippen was trash in that regard.

You can't give someone ambition it's not a skill you practice in the gym lol. He was cold as ice being the 3rd to 7th option on teams with superstar leaders. Meanwhile Pippen was one of the superstar leaders Horry would've been receiving open 3s in the clutch from lol. And i loved Big Shot Bob when he played here, when he was a rookie we used to call him a Will Smith stunt double. But let's be real man.

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:37 PM
You can't give someone ambition it's not a skill you practice in the gym lol. He was cold as ice being the 3rd to 7th option on teams with superstar leaders. Meanwhile Pippen was one of the superstar leaders Horry would've been receiving open 3s in the clutch from lol. And i loved Big Shot Bob when he played here, when he was a rookie we used to call him a Will Smith stunt double. But let's be real man.

As an Eagles fan it seems like a nick foles vs McNabb or Vick argument. I remember as a kid McNabb choking and losing with top seeded favorites and being an MVP candidate. Vick too. Nick foles accolade wise is a bum by comparison but he outplayed prime Tom Brady H2H and won the eagles their only franchise championship. I'm taking foles over McNabb or Vick on that alone.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2023, 05:51 PM
Horrys 1994 Finals gamescore was better than any of Pippens 6 playing with MJ. How does that happen?

Higher than 6 of Pippens and also higher than 5 of Kobes. “How does that happen?” seems a less pressing question than “What does it matter?”.

He had a great series. One I pointed out here long long ago asking about the potential for him to have taken a different path and become something like Kwahi(this was when he was still on the spurs…maybe 2015). But alternate realities mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

Pippen was actually great. Horry could potentially have been something instead of a role player. But he wasn’t.

ShawkFactory
09-21-2023, 05:54 PM
It was also the 95 finals, not 94. Against the Knicks in 94 he scored 10 a game on 32%.

If you're going to have terrible takes at least get your shit together.

tpols
09-21-2023, 05:56 PM
But alternate realities mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

What about in the quantum world?

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2023, 06:15 PM
Higher than 6 of Pippens and also higher than 5 of Kobes. “How does that happen?” seems a less pressing question than “What does it matter?”.

He had a great series. One I pointed out here long long ago asking about the potential for him to have taken a different path and become something like Kwahi(this was when he was still on the spurs…maybe 2015). But alternate realities mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

Pippen was actually great. Horry could potentially have been something instead of a role player. But he wasn’t.
When I was reading the OP I was legitimately thinking this could apply to Kobe too, from being a bench warmer his first 2 years to almost all his Finals gamescores being worse too :lol

8Ball
09-21-2023, 06:26 PM
What about in the quantum world?

Now that Robert Horry 1995 finals has a higher game score than a bunch of Kobe finals, how does that make you feel?

tpols
09-21-2023, 06:30 PM
To say I'm upset over it would be a major understatement.

Xiao Yao You
09-21-2023, 06:33 PM
When I was reading the OP I was legitimately thinking this could apply to Kobe too, from being a bench warmer his first 2 years to almost all his Finals gamescores being worse too :lol

Coming off the bench as a teenager isn't what I'd call a bench warmer. He was good right away. 18 year olds weren't expected to start at that time. Wasn't until the deluge of underclassmen that followed the first few a teenager was expected to start

8Ball
09-21-2023, 06:35 PM
To say I'm upset over it would be a major understatement.

Maybe game scores don't matter that much since its based on this arbitrary formula:

Game Score; the formula is PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 * AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV.

Basketball is not analyzed like this.

Having watched Kobe's entire career, nearly all of his finals performances pretty much >>>> Robert Horry 1995 finals.

Lebron23
09-21-2023, 07:51 PM
OP got banned again

sdot_thadon
09-21-2023, 08:01 PM
As an Eagles fan it seems like a nick foles vs McNabb or Vick argument. I remember as a kid McNabb choking and losing with top seeded favorites and being an MVP candidate. Vick too. Nick foles accolade wise is a bum by comparison but he outplayed prime Tom Brady H2H and won the eagles their only franchise championship. I'm taking foles over McNabb or Vick on that alone.

I'm not sure how that correlates but I still wouldn't take Horry even once out 100 picks over Scottie. You're comparing a luxury vehicle to a 4 banger here man.

Axe
09-21-2023, 10:07 PM
OP got banned again
:roll:

Phoenix
09-22-2023, 03:56 AM

I have about 5 mins to waste before I walk down the street for my morning coffee and Quiejada. It was also higher than Drexler in 92, 96 Kemp and Payton and Mailman in 97 and 98. The implication of course being that Horry, one of the great role players but nonetheless a role player, performed better than Jordan's superstar finals opponents in 4/6 finals is a great case to leave the 'Horry GmSc' argument firmly locked in the can.

Edit: it was also higher than 96 Finals MJ, just for shits and giggles.

sdot_thadon
09-22-2023, 10:45 AM
I have about 5 mins to waste before I walk down the street for my morning coffee and Quiejada. It was also higher than Drexler in 92, 96 Kemp and Payton and Mailman in 97 and 98. The implication of course being that Horry, one of the great role players but nonetheless a role player, performed better than Jordan's superstar finals opponents in 4/6 finals is a great case to leave the 'Horry GmSc' argument firmly locked in the can.

Edit: it was also higher than 96 Finals MJ, just for shits and giggles.

Great Scott! Man that's either a really terrible argument(depending on whos wielding it)or a serious undressing of narrative. Op toe tagged here.

tontoz
09-22-2023, 02:11 PM
For his career Horry averaged 7ppg with a 52% TS. Pippen averaged over twice as many points on better efficiency and was a better defender.

OP molests farm animals.

8Ball
09-22-2023, 03:10 PM
OP got banned again

3ball once made a thread about 8 bans ago about how mentally painful and frustrating it was to keep getting banned. :roll:

JohnMax
09-23-2023, 10:08 AM

Would you take Russell Wilson over McNabb and Vick?

dankok8
09-23-2023, 10:25 AM
Please close this abomination of a thread. It's a freaking embarrassment.. :facepalm

CurryOverLebron
09-23-2023, 10:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvZmFkYVT0

Axe
09-23-2023, 06:52 PM
Please close this abomination of a thread. It's a freaking embarrassment.. :facepalm
:roll:

Phoenix
09-24-2023, 05:14 AM

You just cited why the thread exists to begin with.

Overdrive
09-24-2023, 05:50 AM

FINALS

Idc for any of your forged arguments, but how can a migraine by Pippen cost Jordan a title when Pippen was a useless bum anyway? It's either or. Was Jordan dependent on Pippen's output or not?

Axe
09-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Idc for any of your forged arguments, but how can a migraine by Pippen cost Jordan a title when Pippen was a useless bum anyway? It's either or. Was Jordan dependent on Pippen's output or not?
This. There's actually an effective synergy between him and jordan during the 90s dynasty.