PDA

View Full Version : Celtics fans: Greg Oden OR KG + Ray Allen?

Poseidon
07-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Had Boston landed the 1st pick, they would have selected Greg Oden.

Now Boston managed to mortage their future for KG and Ray Allen and the chance to win immediately.

IF you (Boston fans) had the option....would you rather have the #1 pick (Greg Oden) and kept Al Jefferson + Pierce or would you rather have this current roster w/ KG, Allen and Pierce?

Oden
Jefferson
Gomes
Pierce
Rondo

Perkins
Garnett
Pierce
Allen
Rondo

Fudge
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
:roll:

Obviously KG and Ray.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Obviously KG and Ray.

Is that a joke...or serious...Id take Oden and Im not even a fan of Oden...

The window is so much bigger...and you will pro have the sickest front court in the league in 3 years...

MaxFly
08-01-2007, 12:12 AM

The window is so much bigger...and you will pro have the sickest front court in the league in 3 years...

We still don't know how Oden is going to turn out... As crazy as it sounds, I'd take KG and Allen. :confusedshrug:

Fudge
08-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Great. Fine with me if you wanna go out on a limb and call it the "sickest" front court in the league in "3" years. Judging his freaking credentials in OSU? Guy hasn't played a single NBA game yet to further notify.

Fine with me, considering in that 3 year span you've predicted, Garnett and Allen could basically get you a ring while Oden's still working on that hookshot of his.

Kobe24
08-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd take KG and Allen. I expect Boston to win a ship with this roster and if they don't, it will be one of the biggest dissapointements in sports history.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Great. Fine with me if you wanna go out on a limb and call it the "sickest" front court in the league in "3" years. Judging his freaking credentials in OSU? Guy hasn't played a single NBA game yet to further notify.

Fine with me, considering in that 3 year span you've predicted, Garnett and Allen could basically get you a ring while Oden's still working on that hookshot of his.

Im not going to sit here and defend Oden..I really hate his game and think he is overrated..But it is hard to find defensive players like him in today's era..And from what I hear Jefferson is a good pf too...

Trade Pierce for salary cap relief and sign another young buck and build a window where you can compete for titles for 7-8 years instead of just 2 years because they arent winning one next year..

Se
08-01-2007, 12:27 AM
We still don't know how Oden is going to turn out... As crazy as it sounds, I'd take KG and Allen. :confusedshrug:

I'm with you bud.

I'm also sick of people comparing KG, PP and Ray to Houston's old man trio of Hakeem, Chuck and Clyde.

Our guys are all in their primes, those Houston guys were all past theirs.

kumquat
08-01-2007, 12:29 AM
If you get Oden, you trade Pierce. Oden and to an extent jefferson are a couple of years away from developing.

Good Old Willy
08-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Good question. Instant answer was "obviously oden" because of the championship building that would go on, and the chance of titles for years sometime in the future. However, sometimes you gotta role the dice, which the celts did, and they have a narrow window to win it all with garnett

That said, there are 5 or more teams ahead of the celts still, so....

Poseidon
08-01-2007, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=Se

gibbo3000
08-01-2007, 12:43 AM
if it was just oden versus garnett and allen
i'd take the latter

but when you have to give up basicly your whole team, except pierce, for allen and garnett i'd prefer to have gotten the number one pick

don't forget tehy lost delonte west and wally z for allen, so west would have started at the point

so really
gomes
green
ratliff
jefferson
telfair
wally z
west
oden

or

garnett
allen

Qwyjibo
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Oden + Jefferson + return value of trading Pierce = one helluva great long-term team.

Agent_Zero
08-01-2007, 12:47 AM

Obviously KG and Ray.

I am in love with your avatar

Y2Gezee
08-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Easily Oden. Al Jeff and Oden in the frontline would've been maybe the best frontline in the EAst by the 08 season. Even if Oden don't turn out to be a player on KGs level or a superstar at all, he'll definately be atleast an occasional allstar level talent. And with all the young talent they have in Rondo/Green/Gomes/Allen to go along with Pierce then they could've been really good.

The Italian
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
KG (31 yrs old + lots of "mileage") and Ray Allen (32 yrs old + double ankle surgery) are not.

How is Garnett not in his prime still? The guy just put up 22 and 13 and is still a top defensive player. They guy is still in his prime and is a top 5 talent in the NBA still.

Allen you might be right about but his game isn't going to see that much of a decline. His jumper will always be lights out. He never has relied on his athletic ability. Even if his prime is over, which I don't think it is, he will still be able to put up 16-18 ppg.

Fudge
08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Im not going to sit here and defend Oden..I really hate his game and think he is overrated..But it is hard to find defensive players like him in today's era..And from what I hear Jefferson is a good pf too...

Trade Pierce for salary cap relief and sign another young buck and build a window where you can compete for titles for 7-8 years instead of just 2 years because they arent winning one next year..
7-8 years? Built around who? Oden? The guy who can be uncapable of being the go-to-guy of a certain team? Jefferson? Probably, and likely. But still, how can you skim through a Allen/Pierce/Garnett trio? Seriously.

I am in love with your avatar
That scared me for a minute.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2007, 01:04 AM
7-8 years? Built around who? Oden? The guy who can be uncapable of being the go-to-guy of a certain team? Jefferson? Probably, and likely. But still, how can you skim through a Allen/Pierce/Garnett trio? Seriously.

I like the trio but I like Oden/Jefferson/(whoever they get for Pierce

Outside of the trio Kendrick Perkins is the starting center..No jumpshot Rondo is the pg....and Scabrine is the backup 4 man...And Ray Allen's ankles are one step away from done...Ill take my chances with Oden/ Jefferson maybe they can even get Arenas(only 25)

Fudge
08-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I like the trio but I like Oden/Jefferson/(whoever they get for Pierce

Outside of the trio Kendrick Perkins is the starting center..No jumpshot Rondo is the pg....and Scabrine is the backup 4 man...And Ray Allen's ankles are one step away from done...Ill take my chances with Oden/ Jefferson maybe they can even get Arenas(only 25)

Their offseason isn't over yet. They could get a decent starter at the 5, using part if not all of their MLE. Melvin Ely's still available. Perhaps, the best Center-potential player in the market. A much better filler at the 5 than Perkz.

As for Scal? I don't think so. I think (and hope) they would go with Big Baby, primarily before BScal. Wait, completely forgot about Leon Powe. So yeah, it would work out pretty well.

Myth
08-01-2007, 01:24 AM
if it was just oden versus garnett and allen
i'd take the latter

but when you have to give up basicly your whole team, except pierce, for allen and garnett i'd prefer to have gotten the number one pick

don't forget tehy lost delonte west and wally z for allen, so west would have started at the point

so really
gomes
green
ratliff
jefferson
telfair
wally z
west
oden

or

garnett
allen

You forgot the 2 draft picks.

poeticism707
08-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Anyone who "takes Oden" needs to "taken to be examined." Oden could be the biggest bust ever, is unproven, but now you'd take him over 3 perrenial all stars and likely future HOFs!

This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kobe24
08-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Anyone who "takes Oden" needs to "taken to be examined." Oden could be the biggest bust ever, is unproven, but now you'd take him over 3 perrenial all stars and likely future HOFs!

This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Ray Allen a future HOF? You're the one that needs your head examined.

The Italian
08-01-2007, 02:23 AM
This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its also almost as funny as your post about Magic Johnson.

poeticism707
08-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Ray Allen a future HOF? You're the one that needs your head examined.

Why don't you just say "I don't know anything about the game of basketball" Kobe24, and have done with it?

poeticism707
08-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Its also almost as funny as your post about Magic Johnson.

It's almost as funny as ESPN taking over your damn fool's body and typing their nonsensical propaganda!:oldlol:

RDavis31
08-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I would take Oden/Jefferson + the 2 first rounders they traded.

Myth
08-01-2007, 02:32 AM

The question isn't really "who would you take, Oden or KG and Ray?" But rather would you take Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, those 2 draft picks, and those other pieces like Green, Gomes, and a future in the league or only 3 years of KG, Ray, Pierce, plus nobody else?

poeticism707
08-01-2007, 02:34 AM
The question isn't really "who would you take, Oden or KG and Ray?" But rather would you take Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, those 2 draft picks, and those other pieces like Green, Gomes, and a future in the league or only 3 years of KG, Ray, Pierce, plus nobody else?

Oden is still the key, and might be no better than another O, as in Olawakandi! Absolutely not.

Kobe=MVP07`
08-01-2007, 03:23 AM
oden jefferson green or kg and rayray is the real Q!

Myth
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Oden is still the key, and might be no better than another O, as in Olawakandi! Absolutely not.

Your kidding yourself if you think he is going to be as bad as Kandi Man.

dhenk
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
was just wondering...

if Boston would trade their 3 stars now rightaway,don`t you think they could get monster talent?

I mean,they gave their youngsters and recieved KG and Jesus...
but they would be able to swing some deals for actually more talent than they invested...

I

GOBB
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Draft Greg Oden & Glen Davis (if he is there in the 2nd round). Trade KG for the same players you already traded him for.

Oden + KG > KG + R.Allen

adamcz
08-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I'd take Oden+Jefferson+whoever you can trade Pierce for over KG/Allen/Pierce. It'd be fun to follow the development of possible HOFers for 10 years. If your only goal is a championship, you take the sure thing with KG.

bigkingsfan
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Give me the sure thing any day... I'm sick of the word potential. Shaq and Duncan are the only centers to carry their entire team to titles in the last decade. I like Oden but there's no way in hell I'd pick him to have similar impact.

ZHAKIDD532
08-01-2007, 08:02 PM
KG + Ray gets you maybe 2-3 shots at a ring...

Oden gets you 12-14...

ZHAKIDD532
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Draft Greg Oden & Glen Davis (if he is there in the 2nd round). Trade KG for the same players you already traded him for.

Oden + KG > KG + R.Allen
I was about to say KG wouldn't come without Ray Allen, but then again, if Oden and Pierce were there, he probably would...

bigkingsfan
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Oden gets you 12-14...

What has Oden done to get beyond Shaq-like status? :no:

bagelred
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd take KG and Allen. I expect Boston to win a ship with this roster and if they don't, it will be one of the biggest dissapointements in sports history.

I think that's a bit dramatic, don't you think? There's no guarantee of a championship at all. The Celtics as constructed is still not better than the Suns, Mavs, Spurs....

They have never played together, have a horrible coach, no point guard or center, and no bench, with three All Stars that have never won anything....

I'd be shocked if it works out.....

In my opinion, I would take Oden. It's almost a lock this guy is the next Shaq/Duncan, and if so, the Celtics would then be relevant for the next 15 years. But that's just me....

Da KO King
08-01-2007, 08:48 PM

Oden gets you 12-14...
Yeah because Oden has proven to be a dominant force in the NBA. :rollingeyes:

Give me the sure thing.

I also find it strange that people are saying the Celtics Three only have 2 or 3 seasons at most to contend. Pierce and Garnett aren't showing signs of a major decline and IF Ray Allen loses his athleticism it's not a major blow cause his game is built around shooting and off ball movement.

bagelred
08-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's a nice stat for ya:

If you combine Oden's High School and College record, he has a won-lost record of:

138 wins
11 losses

That's a combined winning percentage of almost 93%.

Winning is contagious and will carry over to the NBA....

Da KO King
08-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Here's a nice stat for ya:

If you combine Oden's High School and College record, he has a won-lost record of:

138 wins
11 losses

That's a combined winning percentage of almost 93%.

Winning is contagious and will carry over to the NBA....
Not if the fatigue problems, the foul trouble, and nonexistent offensive game carry over first.

west_tip
07-06-2016, 04:29 PM
This thread. :facepalm

Altogether far too many posters who put their life savings on a guy who had never played in the league.

Fudge
07-06-2016, 05:54 PM

Obviously KG and Ray.
9 years strong on this board, and i'm ALWAYS right. :pimp:

AirBonner
07-06-2016, 06:18 PM
9 years strong on this board, and i'm ALWAYS right. :pimp:
Prophet Fudge :applause:

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 06:44 PM
This thread. :facepalm

Altogether far too many posters who put their life savings on a guy who had never played in the league.
This was a useless bump:rolleyes: