PDA

View Full Version : Despite having 4 titles, no one really takes curry seriously

highwhey
09-26-2023, 04:51 PM
He’s never considered in the ranks of Magic, MJ, Bron…hell, not even better than Kobe haha.

Axe
09-26-2023, 04:52 PM
5*

kawhileonard2
09-26-2023, 11:23 PM
He’s never considered in the ranks of Magic, MJ, Bron…hell, not even better than Kobe haha.

Has as many titles as Lebron in less years and beat him head to head more without switching teams.

iamgine
09-26-2023, 11:41 PM
If being taken seriously means being in the ranks of MJ, there's lots of players not taken seriously.

j3lademaster
09-26-2023, 11:52 PM
Two huge factors:

1) retired players tend to get overrated while current players are underrated due to being under appreciated.

2) People still don’t take 17 and 18 too seriously as individual legacy boosters for Curry and KD.

Curry is a top 10 to me. He’s not MJ, Bron, Cap… but he’s had a better career than Olajuwon already. Modern players are put under too much of a microscope. Imagine Bird’s playoff failures if he played today.

Curry redefined how the game is played today, whether you like it or not. His peak reg season dominance is up there with Shaq’s prime as far as dictating how he must be defended and overall individual impact. Shaq only edges him out in my book because of 3peat finals dominance.

SouBeachTalents
09-27-2023, 12:02 AM
Has as many titles as Lebron in less years and beat him head to head more without switching teams.
Shut the fvck up jordansbullls

Axe
09-27-2023, 01:03 AM
Shut the fvck up jordansbullls
:roll::roll::roll:

Real Men Wear Green
09-27-2023, 08:57 AM

So they're are only 5 to 10 players that are taken seriously?

WhiteKyrie
09-27-2023, 08:57 AM
Because as fantastic as he’s been, there’s a lot you can discredit him with. He’s not near the all-around player most of the top 15 to even top 25. Some of these guys played with massive amounts of talent, but the Warriors have been utterly loaded since 2015. The KD pairing with the already more than talented enough Warriors shot both Curry and KD’s legacy in the foot. So, yeah. Not to mention in the NBA finals, Kyrie consistently outplayed him in their head to heads.

Full Court
09-27-2023, 09:16 AM
How many other players have gotten a Nickelodeon award, OP?

Baller234
09-27-2023, 09:26 AM
I think the knock on Curry might stem from the fact that his greatness is partially tied to a rule exploitation. I don't say that out of disrespect, because he's still the most talented shooter to ever play the game, but the 3 point shot was never meant to function in this regard. It's like he is playing a different game altogether.

Whether he's making them or not, it's hard for long time fans to give props to a guy who's claim to fame is chucking 3's. Deep down they don't have the same level of respect as they do for guys like the ones mentioned in the OP who had a total mastery of the game.

Axe
09-27-2023, 09:40 AM
I think the knock on Curry might stem from the fact that his greatness is partially tied to a rule exploitation. I don't say that out of disrespect, because he's still the most talented shooter to ever play the game, but the 3 point shot was never meant to function in this regard. It's like he is playing a different game altogether.

Whether he's making them or not, it's hard for long time fans to give props to a guy who's claim to fame is chucking 3's. Deep down they don't have the same level of respect as they do for guys like the ones mentioned in the OP who had a total mastery of the game.
He's usually great in the rs, i'll give him that. In the ps tho, he used to have other teammates who can score whenever he's struggling. Like kd, klay, poole and wiggins. Plus those guys can make screens for him also in order for him to take over with ease.

HylianNightmare
09-27-2023, 10:02 AM

Boom

Jasper
09-27-2023, 10:11 AM
Curry I always called out as glass ankles .. in his early career he always went down with ankle issues. Their trainer resolved this issue and he went on to have a stellar career.
To this day , his shoot is from the chest rising to the top , but you can't deny his success. I put him in my top 15 with Kobe.

Wally450
09-27-2023, 10:47 AM
Curry is one of the greatest PG's of all time. I think your hate is showing.

WhiteKyrie
09-29-2023, 07:52 PM
You can kind of see the same thing about LeBron and KD too though. Irregardless of their longevity of dominance as players, both of them have championships that are really overrated.

Full Court
09-29-2023, 07:56 PM
You can kind of see the same thing about LeBron and KD too though. Irregardless of their longevity of dominance as players, both of them have championships that are really overrated.

No matter what narrative people try to push, all rings are not equal, and everyone knows it.

WhiteKyrie
09-29-2023, 10:17 PM
No matter what narrative people try to push, all rings are not equal, and everyone knows it.

Agreed. But that didn’t even become a thing until 1999, but really not until the super friends colluded in the summer of 2010 because Kobe with his sidekick Gasol kept winning rings.

kawhileonard2
09-29-2023, 10:23 PM
The 2010's is the Curry era.

Atlantis
09-30-2023, 12:43 AM
It's because Curry isn't really in his prime anymore. He can't destroy teams by himself like he used to be able to.

SATAN
09-30-2023, 02:13 AM
Guy can barely talk without looking like his head is about to fall off his neck.

tpols
09-30-2023, 02:19 AM
He's considered a top 15 player of all time widely. His career is easily that. A lot of you guys are corny with it.

If you had Chef on the sun's instead of Chris Paul you'd have won a championship and be singing his praises.

Axe
09-30-2023, 02:21 AM
He's considered a top 15 player of all time widely. His career is easily that. A lot of you guys are corny with it.

If you had Chef on the sun's instead of Chris Paul you'd have won a championship and be singing his praises.
Who do you think is ahead between the two in your opinion? Him or kobe?

Xiao Yao You
09-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Jordan Poole takes him seriously

Recently, NBA insider Pablo Torre revealed what Jordan Poole told Draymond Green before the incident. Poole reportedly called Green an “expensive backpack” for Stephen Curry, implying that Green consistently gets carried by the superstar. “‘You’re an expensive backpack for 30’ is what was said… is what Jordan Poole told Draymond Green that got him punched in the f***ing face.” (https://fadeawayworld.net/jordan-poole-called-draymond-green-expensive-backpack-stephen-curry-before-punch)

– via Fade Away World (https://fadeawayworld.net/jordan-poole-called-draymond-green-expensive-backpack-stephen-curry-before-punch)

:yaohappy:

j3lademaster
09-30-2023, 08:23 AM
Jordan Poole takes him seriously

:yaohappy:
It’s true. Draymond suffers from the same issues Ben Simmons does, but with none of the otherworldly natural talent. He’s too poor of a rebounder to be a featured center, and he’s too poor of a shooter to be played alongside a true center. Golden state is the only team who can run him with Kevin Looney in the same lineup because Curry with ok shooters at the 2 and 3 can give you the spacing most teams only get with 4 good shooters on the floor.

Curry’s presence alone opens up so many combinations of lineups that the Warriors can cover or exploit weaknesses at any given personnel change.

Full Court
09-30-2023, 08:49 AM
The 2010's is the Curry era.

Yep. And certain fan bases HATE it.

Johnny32
09-30-2023, 09:38 AM
He's ranked by most right outside the top 10 along with Kobe. Weird topic...haha hehe, ******.

Johnny32
09-30-2023, 09:46 AM

The 91, 96 and 98 jordone championships are perfect examples.

WhiteKyrie
09-30-2023, 12:46 PM
The 91, 96 and 98 jordone championships are perfect examples.

Says no one ever. But continue. You’d at least have an excuse with Shaq and Kobe’s 2002 and that admittedly suspect officiating in the WCF against the Kings.

Full Court
09-30-2023, 02:09 PM
He's ranked by most right outside the top 10 along with Kobe. Weird topic...haha hehe, ******.

That's true. Right up there with Lebron and Kobe, hovering around the top 10.