PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker explains why he left the NBA

Real Men Wear Green
09-27-2023, 12:04 PM
https://share.newsbreak.com/50x74028

“I just want to be a part of something legitimate. I want to be a part of ‘every game matters’,” Parker explained .

“Sadly, the NBA is a business and there are 10-12 teams that try to win every game and the other half try to get a Draft pick. Where does that leave good players? You either have to be super good or bad, to lose games. It’s no excuse to see DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, or John Wall, guys who are potentially going into the Hall of Fame… seeing those guys not have a job? We are seeing the league getting watered down, unfortunately.” in his defense I do think Howard can still play... not sold on the other two but who knows?

1987_Lakers
09-27-2023, 12:22 PM
In other words, the NBA left him. Dude tore his acl like two times, was constantly injured.

warriorfan
09-27-2023, 12:26 PM
I think he got it backward, teams would be climbing over themselves to sign DMC for their tanking

The winning teams however :lol

But I guess tanking teams would rather just find young guys and give them burn and hopefully some of them can show a bit of promise while you are in the process of tanking and rebuilding.

Xiao Yao You
09-27-2023, 12:51 PM
In other words, the NBA left him. Dude tore his acl like two times, was constantly injured.

and saying what he said about D didn't help. Putting yourself with Howard and Cousins says it all about the guy. They all have jobs if they want them. Cousins is a potential HOFer? For what? Pouting and being a miserable POS?

WhiteKyrie
09-27-2023, 02:06 PM
and saying what he said about D didn't help. Putting yourself with Howard and Cousins says it all about the guy. They all have jobs if they want them. Cousins is a potential HOFer? For what? Pouting and being a miserable POS?

No, because before his injury he was vastly superior to a player like say, Rudy Gobert.

Xiao Yao You
09-27-2023, 02:13 PM
No, because before his injury he was vastly superior to a player like say, Rudy Gobert.

he could score the ball better. Nothing else he brought to the table though. Being in the best shape possible to avoid injuries is part of the game. Some guys just want to get paid

Xiao Yao You
09-27-2023, 02:15 PM
November 2014 rookie of the month vs multiple time all NBA DPOTY :roll:

red1
09-27-2023, 02:58 PM
he wasnt that good when I saw him play

looked a bit overweight

Jasper
09-27-2023, 04:00 PM
ultimate quote as a pro : ' my offense is all I need , fvck defense '

beasted
09-27-2023, 05:24 PM
ultimate quote as a pro : ' my offense is all I need , fvck defense '

That was the beginning of the end for sure.

BurningHammer
09-27-2023, 06:55 PM
Jabari is with a big EuroLeague team in Barcelona now. Good luck to him, I guess.

HylianNightmare
09-28-2023, 05:31 AM
He wasn't good enough

Im Still Ballin
09-28-2023, 06:20 AM
There are 450 players in the NBA. He's probably good enough to be on an NBA team but, as he alluded to, not one that's winning. His point about many teams not trying to win but looking towards the future is true. Obviously...

He's good enough to be in the top 450 players but he's not good enough or young enough to be of any value to any NBA team. That ship sailed many moons ago.

Wardell Curry
09-28-2023, 07:03 AM
Asking every single team to construct their roster 100% of the time to win as many games as possible is in direct conflict with their long term interests.

The only thing pretty much anyone sees from a media or fan standpoint is NBA championships and that's it. And what? He wants teams to keep themselves mediocre into perpetuity? That's what he's asking them to do, essentially.

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 10:17 AM
There are 450 players in the NBA. He's probably good enough to be on an NBA team but, as he alluded to, not one that's winning. His point about many teams not trying to win but looking towards the future is true. Obviously...

He's good enough to be in the top 450 players but he's not good enough or young enough to be of any value to any NBA team. That ship sailed many moons ago.

doesn't hit the 3 and doesn't defend. What does he offer anyone in today's NBA?

Axe
09-28-2023, 10:45 AM
Makes sense.

20.1 > 15.9

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 11:09 AM
Makes sense.

20.1 > 15.9

it certainly is. 1 rookie of the month < multiple all NBA/DPOTY

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2023, 12:46 PM
He’s right of course, which is why Ive always advocated the idea that teams who dont make the playoffs should all have equal lottery chances. And the league should tie more financial incentives INTO making the playoffs, but ofc the union would block it.

If a team that finished ninth in the conference gets the top pick… so what? Youre not adding a top pick to a reigning dynasty. It could elevate a treadmill team to a contender. If theyre a good young up and coming team who happens to get a top pick? Oh well. Some teams may get lucky, so what. Theres never a guarantee top picks amount to something anyway.

Bottom feeders should always be trying to compete. You can still play a younger roster and develop guys when you dont have a good record, but you should be trying to win. And you shouldnt be punished for trying to win by receiving a lesser pick. If everyone has equal lottery odds, the luck will spread around over time. Make success about how good an organization is run, not who can race to the bottom fastest.

FireDavidKahn
09-28-2023, 12:57 PM
This is sour grapes.

Jabari, after all his injuries, just couldn't cut it in the NBA. He has talent but his body just failed him. No need to frame it as you left willingly.

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 12:57 PM
He’s right of course, which is why Ive always advocated the idea that teams who dont make the playoffs should all have equal lottery chances. And the league should tie more financial incentives INTO making the playoffs, but ofc the union would block it.

If a team that finished ninth in the conference gets the top pick… so what? Youre not adding a top pick to a reigning dynasty. It could elevate a treadmill team to a contender. If theyre a good young up and coming team who happens to get a top pick? Oh well. Some teams may get lucky, so what. Theres never a guarantee top picks amount to something anyway.

Bottom feeders should always be trying to compete. You can still play a younger roster and develop guys when you dont have a good record, but you should be trying to win. And you shouldnt be punished for trying to win by receiving a lesser pick. If everyone has equal lottery odds, the luck will spread around over time. Make success about how good an organization is run, not who can race to the bottom fastest.

the lottery odds have been evened out quite a bit which is why a team like the Jazz didn't completely tank. Wouldn't have increased their odds that much

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 12:59 PM
This is sour grapes.

Jabari, after all his injuries, just couldn't cut it in the NBA. He has talent but his body just failed him. No need to frame it as you left willingly.

wasn't just his body. Didn't have the right attitude. Lots of guys don't care about D they are just smart enough not to come out and say it or they will even talk like they are going to play D though they never will. I see you Donovon!

ILLsmak
09-28-2023, 04:11 PM
He's not wrong. That's what I said in my "just realized why I hate the NBA now" thread. A lot of these stars dunno how to play when they aren't competing for a championship and then a bunch of teams are losing on purpose. Say what you want about building for the future, but losing on purpose skews everything. It might seem like a fantasy to have teams out there trying to win every game, but IT WOULD BE COOL. I remember the Raps taking it to the 96 bulls.

Jabari isn't really that dude tho, but he's right. @Curry not saying to sacrifice to win now, but at least try to win? There were young, exciting teams that didn't win before. We don't really have that as much now? I can't think of any? Teams that it's like man they are prol gonna lose 50 gms but you know they are gonna do some wild stuff... if you don't try to win, you won't keep your stars, either. You will keep drafting and losing people. He's asking mediocre teams to try to win games, I think. Haha. If they did that and the bad teams developed their players, it would be a better place. Losing on purpose is bad for the NBA product as a whole. It makes the players on the team who is losing worse and it makes the players who are playing against them arguably worse as well because they know they are facing CUPCAKES.

-Smak

ILLsmak
09-28-2023, 04:12 PM
If a team that finished ninth in the conference gets the top pick… so what? Y

yea I've wondered about how to make that work, too. Haha, they need to start contracting bottom feeder teams. Demote them to the D league and split up their players. It's like economy, best to help the middle class. If you keep throwing people to the bottom, they just rot there then leave.

-Smak

beasted
09-28-2023, 04:23 PM
wasn't just his body. Didn't have the right attitude. Lots of guys don't care about D they are just smart enough not to come out and say it or they will even talk like they are going to play D though they never will. I see you Donovon!

He's the same as Michael Beasley. Tweener that provides nothing more than scoring. It's just not enough.

Dbrog
09-28-2023, 04:28 PM
He's not wrong. That's what I said in my "just realized why I hate the NBA now" thread. A lot of these stars dunno how to play when they aren't competing for a championship and then a bunch of teams are losing on purpose. Say what you want about building for the future, but losing on purpose skews everything. It might seem like a fantasy to have teams out there trying to win every game, but IT WOULD BE COOL. I remember the Raps taking it to the 96 bulls.

Jabari isn't really that dude tho, but he's right. @Curry not saying to sacrifice to win now, but at least try to win? There were young, exciting teams that didn't win before. We don't really have that as much now? I can't think of any? Teams that it's like man they are prol gonna lose 50 gms but you know they are gonna do some wild stuff... if you don't try to win, you won't keep your stars, either. You will keep drafting and losing people. He's asking mediocre teams to try to win games, I think. Haha. If they did that and the bad teams developed their players, it would be a better place. Losing on purpose is bad for the NBA product as a whole. It makes the players on the team who is losing worse and it makes the players who are playing against them arguably worse as well because they know they are facing CUPCAKES.

-Smak

Ehhhh, I do think some young exciting teams do exist. Memphis has been this (yes I know they had a good record last year). Also the Hornets and Pelicans fall into this category but their problem is they keep getting bad injury bugs. I would say this past season's Knicks also fall into this and have lots of people excited about them. They are just mediocre right now until their players develop..if they develop that is. I stand with you on the league being complete crap at developing players now though. It's one reason why I'm very curious about the situation in San Antonio and how that will play out with a coach who's probably the best developmental guy in the game right now

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 04:35 PM
Ehhhh, I do think some young exciting teams do exist. Memphis has been this (yes I know they had a good record last year). Also the Hornets and Pelicans fall into this category but their problem is they keep getting bad injury bugs. I would say this past season's Knicks also fall into this and have lots of people excited about them. They are just mediocre right now until their players develop..if they develop that is. I stand with you on the league being complete crap at developing players now though. It's one reason why I'm very curious about the situation in San Antonio and how that will play out with a coach who's probably the best developmental guy in the game right now

the play in and the new lottery odds have certainly improved things

fsvr54
09-28-2023, 07:27 PM
People are dumb AF, I'll take any amount of millions to play on a losing basketball team til i retire

ILLsmak
09-28-2023, 07:47 PM

I'm talking about like 30 win teams lol As in teams that don't win much but are still fun to watch. Even NOP is decent (I think?) w/ Zion healthy and fit. Didn't see much Hornets. I hate Melo ball. Which is funny cuz I grew to kinda like Lonzo. But they would be a contender for that title if they were indeed exciting. But like in the 90s-00 there was trash teams that were fun to watch, that had a style even tho they were lotto.

-Smak