PDA

View Full Version : Will Chris Paul start opening night for GSW?

warriorfan
09-27-2023, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M414TiY3gmQ

A few months ago when Paul was acquired me and many others were almost certain he would be playing a bench role. I felt the same up until recently. Kerr has been not so subtly hinting that Paul is going to in fact start.

You can sometimes get away with a small team. You can sometimes get away with an old team. You cannot get away with a small and old team.

G Steph / Paul
F Klay / Wiggins
C Dray

This line up is both very small and very old. It could theoretically still work but I am skeptical as of now.

Although I am hoping for an outcome where even if he starts it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s getting a huge uptick in mpg. They can start that line up for half a Q then switch up rotations from there. But then at this point it seems like you are just humoring CP.

Walking on eggshells around CP and his napoleon complex I could see if he was still playing at superstar or close level. But for this version of CP plus this baggage, I don’t like it.

What are your guys takes on this? Will CP be starting opening night?

Xiao Yao You
09-27-2023, 02:34 PM
sounds like the plan is to start him and play him 5 minutes at a time. Makes sense because you want him in at the end of games

Jasper
09-28-2023, 06:42 PM
6th man award

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Hes a pretty good shooter, and probably the less he’s relied on to create the better he’ll be. Guess itll depend if they wanna swap Wiggins’ finishing ability at the basket for Paul’s proficiency as a shooter. I dont know what the right answer is tbh. Guess theyll play around with it and see what works.

Edit: Or I guess keep Wiggins in the lineup and have Looney on the bench. That def makes them very small, bit too small for my taste personally but we’ll see.

Axe
09-28-2023, 06:59 PM
They just got him only because they wanted jordan poole out of the team so bad. Wouldn't guarantee them a ring for next year. :roll:

tpols
09-28-2023, 07:05 PM
If the warriors can save Paul for the playoffs the Dubs will be dangerous. He's a massive upgrade over poole.

Axe
09-28-2023, 07:07 PM
If the warriors can save Paul for the playoffs the Dubs will be dangerous. He's a massive upgrade over poole.
Only if he stays healthy but he's nearing 40 also. Use your head lol.

tpols
09-28-2023, 07:09 PM
Only if he stays healthy but he's nearing 40 also. Use your head lol.

That's why I said if they can save him. No use burning him out in the regular season. Load management you feel me Axey pal?

Axe
09-28-2023, 07:12 PM
That's why I said if they can save him. No use burning him out in the regular season. Load management you feel me Axey pal?
So they'll have to play him below 50 games now that he's gonna be a reserve for chef? Interesting.

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2023, 08:58 PM
The thing to keep in mind too is guys will inevitably be in and out of the lineup with injuries here and there throughout the season, so the problem will likely sort itself out that way.

If theyre completely healthy by the time the playoffs start it’ll basically be one of those good problems to have.