PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs. Bucks - Who do you have?

Full Court
09-28-2023, 12:59 PM
If the Suns and Bucks go head to head in the finals, who do you have winning?

warriorfan
09-28-2023, 01:22 PM
Bucks would kick the shit out of them

NBAGOAT
09-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Bucks they have the better star duo with better supporting cast and more time playing together. At the very least bucks defense will be better

wagexslave
09-28-2023, 04:58 PM
I think my Suns have the better roster.

Beal > Middleton
Booker = Dame
Allen or Watanabe > Crowder
KD ≤ Giannis
Nurkic < Lopez

Suns depth > Bucks depth

I think Bucks fans are going to find out just how much Jrue meant to their defense too.

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 05:04 PM

Beal > Middleton
Booker = Dame
KD ≤ Giannis
Nurkic < Lopez

Suns depth > Bucks depth

I think Bucks fans are going to find out just how much Jrue meant to their defense too.

Suns definitely have a lot better depth after the trade at the cost of the Bucks

wagexslave
09-28-2023, 05:44 PM
Suns definitely have a lot better depth after the trade at the cost of the Bucks

Ye I think a lot of people didn't pay much attention to the Suns offseason after the Beal trade and don't realize just how much deeper they've got. They got so many guys for minimum contracts who could have got a good amount more money elsewhere, I couldn't believe it. Almost makes me wonder if there was some money under the table somewhere. lol Or maybe D Book was hooking guys up with some Coco5 shares. :oldlol:

And that was before trading Ayton for 2 bonafide starter level players in Nurk and Allen, and 1 more quality bench piece in Nassir Little who's a solid 7th man type player when healthy.

Considering how unbelievably bad their bench was in the playoffs last year, this might be one of the all-time biggest upgrades in depth a team has had in 1 offseason. They pretty much built an entirely new team in 1 offseason.

KD, Book, Okogie, and Damian Lee are the only 4 guys on the roster who were on the team last season(Wainright is almost certainly getting waived since we have too many players)

wagexslave
09-28-2023, 05:48 PM
That being said, as much as I love my new Suns roster, I'm not overly confident. Both teams actually match up really well with each other. It would be a battle for sure.

Smook A.
09-28-2023, 06:18 PM
Bucks because they have the edge on defense

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Give me the 2021 Nets.

NOBODY is stopping them!!!

It’s a lock!

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 06:24 PM
Give me the 2021 Nets.

NOBODY is stopping them!!!

It’s a lock!

leave Manny alone! :roll:

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2023, 06:30 PM
leave Manny alone! :roll:

Lol. Actually it was most of ISH beating that drum at the time tbh.

Far as Manny Boy, he left the shelter and haven of the LeFam to follow a new path, and like the Prodigal Son (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son) he found nothing but basketball misery and disappointment.

He needs to come home. If he humbles himself and seeks forgiveness from LeFather, he will receive it.

Le Chosen One is also Le Merciful One :applause:

NBAGOAT
09-28-2023, 07:11 PM
Ye I think a lot of people didn't pay much attention to the Suns offseason after the Beal trade and don't realize just how much deeper they've got. They got so many guys for minimum contracts who could have got a good amount more money elsewhere, I couldn't believe it. Almost makes me wonder if there was some money under the table somewhere. lol Or maybe D Book was hooking guys up with some Coco5 shares. :oldlol:

And that was before trading Ayton for 2 bonafide starter level players in Nurk and Allen, and 1 more quality bench piece in Nassir Little who's a solid 7th man type player when healthy.

Considering how unbelievably bad their bench was in the playoffs last year, this might be one of the all-time biggest upgrades in depth a team has had in 1 offseason. They pretty much built an entirely new team in 1 offseason.

KD, Book, Okogie, and Damian Lee are the only 4 guys on the roster who were on the team last season(Wainright is almost certainly getting waived since we have too many players)

I kinda forgot about all those min moves but bucks still have proven playoff guys in portis Connaughton/crowder off the bench potentially

fsvr54
09-28-2023, 07:23 PM
People forget Jrue Holiday absolutely demolished Lillard (and McCollum) in the playoffs. Bucks will be worse

Xiao Yao You
09-28-2023, 07:42 PM
Lol. Actually it was most of ISH beating that drum at the time tbh.

Far as Manny Boy, he left the shelter and haven of the LeFam to follow a new path, and like the Prodigal Son (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son) he found nothing but basketball misery and disappointment.

He needs to come home. If he humbles himself and seeks forgiveness from LeFather, he will receive it.

Le Chosen One is also Le Merciful One :applause:

Manny was still beating it last year until they finally broke up the dynamic duo

Stephonit
09-30-2023, 09:56 AM
Fun fact: the 2024 Warriors have more veterans of the 2021 Suns team that made the finals than the 2024 Suns do.

ShawkFactory
09-30-2023, 11:22 AM

Beal > Middleton
Booker = Dame
KD ≤ Giannis
Nurkic < Lopez

Suns depth > Bucks depth

I do agree that the Bucks will be way worse defensively, but I don’t think you look at it just the way you did by comparing the players directly without discussing role.

For example, I’d rather have Middleton as my 3rd option than Beal given the things he can provide. Of course Beal would score more as the main guy, but he’s not.

wagexslave
09-30-2023, 02:47 PM
I do agree that the Bucks will be way worse defensively, but I don’t think you look at it just the way you did by comparing the players directly without discussing role.

For example, I’d rather have Middleton as my 3rd option than Beal given the things he can provide. Of course Beal would score more as the main guy, but he’s not.

I agree, the argument can definitely be made that the Bucks starting lineup fits together better. But that being said I think the Suns ridiculous jump-shooting efficiency as a team, specifically their amount of 3PT shooting talent, is gonna help make up for that. You got 3 mid range masters in Book/KD/Beal who can just pick you apart with efficient 2pt buckets, but even if you defend them well they can swing it out to guys like Yuta/Greyson who both shoot damn near 50% 3PT from the corner. Suns rotation in general has like 10 guys who shot over 35% from 3 last season including quite a few 40%+.

bison
09-30-2023, 05:58 PM
Bucks for sure. Lopez, Giannis, dame and Middleton. I think people underestimate how ridiculously balanced that line up is. Suns lack of depth is gonna bite them hard in the playoffs.

highwhey
09-30-2023, 09:09 PM
suns loaded up on 3pt shooters and defenders...which is all they lacked to get past denver. we know the Book-KD duo works and excels...it just needed some warm bodies to hit their shots at their designated time, which they couldn't bc monty kept spamming Shamet as if he was an elite 3nD player. AND NOW they have Beal as well. plus added another great 3pt shooter and defender in Grayson Allen.

they finally have a good 8 players they can play with in the playoffs

SATAN
09-30-2023, 09:15 PM
I have Chicago not making the playoffs again. :roll:

Full Court
09-30-2023, 10:36 PM
I have Chicago not making the playoffs again. :roll:

Typical low IQ post from the resident bitch waffle. :lol