PDA

View Full Version : "You're an expensive backpack for 30."

ILLsmak
09-30-2023, 11:04 AM
Yall seen this? ahahaha.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/heres-what-jordan-poole-reportedly-said-to-draymond-green-that-got-him-punched-in-the-face/

Dumm. I thought it was something about Poole being worth more or something, but that's cooold. The fact that Dray couldn't take it and they had to trade him... that means, to me, the Wars ain't winning anymore rangz. It's amazing they got that last one, tbh.

Also double entendre. Curry / 30 mil. Aiye.

-Smak

Mask the Embiid
09-30-2023, 11:08 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/XNkCxbKr/IMG-0104.jpg

Kblaze8855
09-30-2023, 11:09 AM
I Did see that, but oddly enough, you know what it made me think of First? Andre Iguodala being attacked by that WNBA player for referring to her by number(while praising her) when that’s a perfectly common thing to do among athletes. And I didn’t even notice the double entendre potential. On some “Like short sleeves I bear arms” shit.

warriorfan
09-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Damn. I always thought it was some trash talk about how he was cooking him in practice or something….What he said there are some fighting words.

Dray still shouldn’t have rocked him but….can see where he was coming from a bit

:roll:

theman93
09-30-2023, 11:28 AM
Hahah that’s a good chirp. Draymond sensitive

FultzNationRISE
09-30-2023, 11:43 AM
Dray should have responded “Yeah, well Ima put you on your back and send you packin.”

Which actually is exactly what he did.

Kblaze8855
09-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Dray should have responded “Yeah, well Ima put you on your back and send you packin.”

Which actually is exactly what he did.

I do suppose he comes out on top, considering he literally knocked him Unconscious suffered no significant reprimand continued to be a leader of the team, and the other guy got shipped off to that dangerous shadow realm in the distance Mufassa warned Simba to never travel to(lot of kids around lately. I’ve been on a lion king thing).

FireDavidKahn
09-30-2023, 12:16 PM
Poole talks a lot of shit for not being that important of a player

Clifton
09-30-2023, 12:34 PM
and the other guy got shipped off to that dangerous shadow realm in the distance Mufassa warned Simba to never travel to
Oh, you mean Washington?

Thanks for that. Thanks a lot. :/

WhiteKyrie
09-30-2023, 12:44 PM

Poole is a clown, but he’s totally right and you can see why a guy like DrAPEmond had such a visceral ape like reaction to this humor rooted in a lot of fact. When it hits an emotional core that someone believes, this is how they react.

Funny too because what goes around comes around, he called KD a bitch, which was true … and it caused a huge fracture in the team (just like this) and he left because of it. KD isn’t a fighter and isn’t going to knock someone out.

iamgine
09-30-2023, 12:58 PM
You can't let a young blood like Poole run his mouth too much. Sometimes you need to put him in his place. And that he did. I mean if it's Klay or Iggy who says this I doubt Dray would be angry at all.

tpols
09-30-2023, 01:02 PM
You know it got him mad because it's true. :lol You don't punch somebody in the face for something as innocuous as that unless it hits home.

tpols
09-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Damn. I always thought it was some trash talk about how he was cooking him in practice or something….What he said there are some fighting words.

Dray still shouldn’t have rocked him but….can see where he was coming from a bit

:roll:

There only fighting words cuz its true. If someone told Jokic he was being carried by Aaron Gordon or something he'd just laugh at them because it's so false it doesn't merit a serious response.

ArbitraryWater
09-30-2023, 01:31 PM
I wouldnt expect that from Poole lmao.

Seemed too autistic to bring heat like that.

FultzNationRISE
09-30-2023, 01:48 PM
You know it got him mad because it's true. :lol You don't punch somebody in the face for something as innocuous as that unless it hits home.

I think it’s more that it made Dray sensitive/self conscious to thinking thats how people see it. I personally dont think the accusation is accurate.

In reality, I mean come on, in his prime he’s an elite defender, good high post passer, and at least serviceable enough as a shooter to keep the defender honest. He definitely was a net positive to their success, he wasnt carried.

Unless Poole was implying those days are over and now Green is washed, and maybe thats what he got sensitive about.

tpols
09-30-2023, 01:57 PM
I think it’s more that it made Dray sensitive/self conscious to thinking thats how people see it. I personally dont think the accusation is accurate.

In reality, I mean come on, in his prime he’s an elite defender, good high post passer, and at least serviceable enough as a shooter to keep the defender honest. He definitely was a net positive to their success, he wasnt carried.

Unless Poole was implying those days are over and now Green is washed, and maybe thats what he got sensitive about.

Dray was a net positive to their success but its pretty apparent his passing was built off the GOAT shooting backcourt and a lot of his antics wouldn't fly on shitty teams. Screaming at refs at the top of his lungs, assaulting people, acting like a maniac would have him blackballed or on the bench if he was drafted to the magic or whatever. And he wouldn't have the same playmaking opportunity playing next to guards that like to dominate the ball and play no off ball offense nor have an accompanying off ball shooting skillset.

FultzNationRISE
09-30-2023, 02:00 PM
Dray was a net positive to their success but its pretty apparent his passing was built off the GOAT shooting backcourt and a lot of his antics wouldn't fly on shitty teams. Screaming at refs at the top of his lungs, assaulting people, acting like a maniac would have him blackballed or on the bench if he was drafted to the magic or whatever. And he wouldn't have the same playmaking opportunity playing next to guards that like to dominate the ball and play no off ball offense nor have an accompanying off ball shooting skillset.

Fair, and maybe thats just who he is, altho if you want to be generous you could argue maybe he saw that as what the Warriors needed him to bring, to balance out the laid back splash brothers. In another situation maybe he moderates his persona a bit.

WhiteKyrie
09-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Draymond Green absolutely brings value to the Golden State Warriors team and franchise.

Even though he’s been on a steep decline for the past several years.

With that said, it is also true, he is 100% most valuable specifically in that system, specifically because of Steph Curry with a side helping of for a time: Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, and even Jordan Poole, being such a dynamic offensive players.

Draymond Green without the security blanket of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, was visible to us for basically an entire season. He is not a perennial all star or franchise caliber player. He is a really good role-player.

WhiteKyrie
09-30-2023, 02:53 PM

Bingo. Also, don’t forget the total illegal moving screens that entire team is allowed to get away with in order to free up Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson so readily

SouBeachTalents
09-30-2023, 02:53 PM
Draymond Green absolutely brings value to the Golden State Warriors team and franchise.

Even though he’s been on a steep decline for the past several years.

With that said, it is also true, he is 100% most valuable specifically in that system, specifically because of Steph Curry with a side helping of for a time: Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, and even Jordan Poole, being such a dynamic offensive players.

Draymond Green without the security blanket of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, was visible to us for basically an entire season. He is not a perennial all star or franchise caliber player. He is a really good role-player.
Franchise player, obviously not, but in his prime, like 2015-18, he was an all-star caliber player, and 2016 he was legitimately All-NBA caliber and Golden State's best player in the Finals. I agree he absolutely benefits by being on Golden State with Curry & Klay, but he was better than mere role player in his prime. Now? That's accurate to say.

tpols
09-30-2023, 03:16 PM
Bingo. Also, don’t forget the total illegal moving screens that entire team is allowed to get away with in order to free up Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson so readily

Illegal screens are like holding in football. They happen on every single play in every single game. Literally everybody's is moving when they set a screen. If they were to stand still for 2 seconds and do it, defenders would just avoid them. The game is constant motion, to act like screens are any different is absurd. Same way you watch offensive and defensive lines go at each other every play cuffing each other up by the collar. Happens every single play. It's a weak excuse and a way for refs to control the game.

warriorfan
09-30-2023, 03:27 PM
Franchise player, obviously not, but in his prime, like 2015-18, he was an all-star caliber player, and 2016 he was legitimately All-NBA caliber and Golden State's best player in the Finals. I agree he absolutely benefits by being on Golden State with Curry & Klay, but he was better than mere role player in his prime. Now? That's accurate to say.

Clown post alert

SATAN
09-30-2023, 09:08 PM
Sounds like bullshit tbh. Not that anyone cares about the truth these days.

WhiteKyrie
09-30-2023, 10:02 PM
He was a very good role player, I said that. His 3 perennial all star appearances came at the four year peak of the Warriors dominance 15 - 18. So, thanks Curry, KD and Klay.