PDA

View Full Version : Do you imagine Jokic is going to have a long career?

Kblaze8855
10-01-2023, 11:58 AM
We have all seen the footage. He flat out will tell you he doesn’t like his job.

https://youtube.com/shorts/eppCnxkyNdk?si=Gge3dr1zrB3d4m7S

He’s known to enjoy the simpler things. He wants to hang out with his horses and chill. Which is fine. Basketball probably shouldn’t be the most important thing in anybody’s life.

He’s eventually just gonna pull a Forrest Gump and tell everybody he’s tired stop running and walk away isn’t he?

He’s 28.

Given an over/under of 35….anyone taking the over on his retirement age?

https://youtu.be/edDSIKnGxsY?si=MGOrnJx13B17rB3y

Xiao Yao You
10-01-2023, 12:10 PM
His body will start breaking down eventually in the shape he keeps himself in

FultzNationRISE
10-01-2023, 01:30 PM
I dont think any current young players will have a long career.

I think the NBA legitimately wont exist in 10 years.

You can call me crazy. But they called Nostradamus crazy too!

Xiao Yao You
10-01-2023, 01:33 PM

we didn't need that to call your you crazy!

highwhey
10-01-2023, 01:45 PM

:roll:

Axe
10-01-2023, 01:47 PM
15 > 27

highwhey
10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
i give him 5 more years

Kblaze8855
10-01-2023, 03:26 PM

Quite a few of your side were talking about how the NFL was gonna go down and never get back in the 2017 or so range. I distinctly remember telling Johnnysic to check with me in five or six years to see how wrong he is but I’ve been letting him live. People get very emotional about their politics and doom predictions thinking America needs them or that their movement is significant.

FultzNationRISE
10-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Quite a few of your side were talking about how the NFL was gonna go down and never get back in the 2017 or so range. I distinctly remember telling Johnnysic to check with me in five or six years to see how wrong he is but I’ve been letting him live. People get very emotional about their politics and doom predictions thinking America needs them or that their movement is significant.

I dont know what youre talking about but I dont think it’s what I’m talking about.

tpols
10-01-2023, 04:12 PM
His body will start breaking down eventually in the shape he keeps himself in

Eastern European people have higher body fat % due to growing up in the cold. His endurance has always been top notch.

L.Kizzle
10-01-2023, 06:35 PM
I can't remember the last NBA star that hasn't played past 35. Probably Yao Ming and Brandon Roy. Guys who peaked 10 years ago are still in the league (Derrick Rose) or trying to get back (Dwight Howard.)
So, unless an injury occurs he'll be around for a while.

Kblaze8855
10-01-2023, 06:43 PM
His current deal takes him to 32. I could see him signing a 3 year 200 million extension towards the end and walking after that. He feel like a guy who would play when his passion is waning if not totally gone for money?

I feel like once it reaches true job status…like…not particularly fun? He’s out. And even people who love to play start seeing it as a job they don’t wanna do eventually. And he’s already there. Just too good to do anything else.

I remember Isiah Thomas told a story that he decided to retire the very first time he was sitting by his pool and had a game that night and he didn’t wanna go play. It was an obligation not something he wanted to do. He wanted to lay by the pool and relax. Knew it was time.

Jokic is probably there already but knows it’s stupid to leave that much money on the table. I can see him retiring but still playing for Serbia or something.

Xiao Yao You
10-01-2023, 06:48 PM
His current deal takes him to 32. I could see him signing a 3 year 200 million extension towards the end and walking after that. He feel like a guy who would play when his passion is waning if not totally gone for money?

I feel like once it reaches true job status…like…not particularly fun? He’s out. And even people who love to play start seeing it as a job they don’t wanna do eventually. And he’s already there. Just too good to do anything else.

I remember Isiah Thomas told a story that he decided to retire the very first time he was sitting by his pool and had a game that night and he didn’t wanna go play. It was an obligation not something he wanted to do. He wanted to lay by the pool and relax. Knew it was time.

Jokic is probably there already but knows it’s stupid to leave that much money on the table. I can see him retiring but still playing for Serbia or something.

Stockton hung it up because of Mark Jackson and his Christian clique. He was one of the few Stockton backups I liked too

ILLsmak
10-01-2023, 08:21 PM
Yea. Kb hes like pop. Its a meme. You can’t be that good at something and not like it, not dynamically. He might dislike the grind and leeg but hes addicted to ball. When he closes his eyes he sees ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsa9Qm-8eN8

Watch his body language change and his effort level change as embiid continues to cook him plus gets w.

-Smak

SATAN
10-01-2023, 11:24 PM

:lebronamazed:

looks like he's in shape and ready to go

probably not thinking about 5-10 years from now

https://i.ibb.co/CVq3CmN/F7-Xb-XUGa-UAAN9-Wy-1.jpg

GimmeThat
10-02-2023, 01:05 AM
edible cannabis says yes

SouBeachTalents
10-02-2023, 01:15 AM
Yea. Kb hes like pop. Its a meme. You can’t be that good at something and not like it, not dynamically. He might dislike the grind and leeg but hes addicted to ball. When he closes his eyes he sees ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsa9Qm-8eN8

Watch his body language change and his effort level change as embiid continues to cook him plus gets w.

-Smak

edible cannabis says yes

https://identity-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/split-movie-james-mcavoy-ending.jpg

Axe
10-02-2023, 03:22 AM
https://identity-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/split-movie-james-mcavoy-ending.jpg
:milton

nuggets assistant gm thinks he's the goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIGMrA2auwY

dankok8
10-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Hope I'm wrong but no I don't see him having much longevity. And he might pull a Moses Malone after 1983. Now that he has a ring he is just happy riding horses and making a few all-star games. Maybe he comes out and cooks Embiid for a few games. :lol

ILLsmak
10-02-2023, 02:45 PM

Ur not a codebreaker, sobe.

-Smak

BurningHammer
10-02-2023, 02:49 PM
Has Jokic had any major leg or foot injuries yet? If not, he should have decently long career.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 02:52 PM
Has Jokic had any major leg or foot injuries yet? If not, he should have decently long career.

only a matter of time

Kblaze8855
10-02-2023, 03:04 PM
See the footage of him walking in for media day? People saying he looks like he’s clocking in at FedEx and just wants to go home.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 03:06 PM
NBA Central: Nikola Jokic says he touched a basketball “a couple times, not much” this offseason 😅 (https://*********.com/social/) (Via @Shapalicious ) pic.twitter.com/nZfNBrmoXX

44 mins ago (https://*********.com/rumor/2356738/) – via Twitter TheNBACentral (https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral)

Been working hard on his game!

tpols
10-02-2023, 03:18 PM
Been working hard on his game!

Guy just produced a GOAT level ring with a team nobody expected to win. He can take a few days off. His muscle memory and intelligence isn't going to suddenly vanish.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 03:50 PM
Guy just produced a GOAT level ring with a team nobody expected to win. He can take a few days off. His muscle memory and intelligence isn't going to suddenly vanish.

no it won't but is he going to add to his game like most greats do?

tpols
10-02-2023, 03:55 PM

There's not much more you can add to being a 7 foot Larry Bird. He can run cone drills all day and do 1000 situps when he wakes up, it's not gonna make him David Robinson on defense. Guy already maxed out with a GOAT peak.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 04:00 PM
There's not much more you can add to being a 7 foot Larry Bird. He can run cone drills all day and do 1000 situps when he wakes up, it's not gonna make him David Robinson on defense. Guy already maxed out with a GOAT peak.

There's always plenty to add. Bird continued to add to his game as did Robinson. He could get in better shape for starters.

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2023, 04:02 PM

I saw the Nuggets as a favorite from Day 1, and if the Warriors/Nuggets playoff series thread from the previous year is still around I might even be able to find my prediction, which I made while Denver was losing 4-1.

When ya know, ya know.

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2023, 04:07 PM
There's always plenty to add. Bird continued to add to his game as did Robinson. He could get in better shape for starters.

He’s coming off two, but realistically three MVP seasons in a row and just won a title/FMVP. I think hes in good enough shape.

Besides he‘s clearly a naturally heavier build than DRob or Hakeem. You run him into shape too hard in practice and youre increasing his injury risk.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2023, 04:10 PM
He’s coming off two, but realistically three MVP seasons in a row and just won a title/FMVP.

I think hes in good enough shape. Besides he‘s clearly a naturally heavier build than DRob or Hakeem. You try too hard to run him into shape in practice and youre increasing his injury risk.

If he's in shape there's less a chance of an injury. There's no reason for any of these guys not to be in the best shape possible. When you had to have a job in the off-season and weren't making 100's of millions of dollars you might have had an excuse

tpols
10-02-2023, 04:11 PM
I saw the Nuggets as a favorite from Day 1, and if the Warriors/Nuggets playoff series thread from the previous year is still around I might even be able to find my prediction, which I made while Denver was losing 4-1.

When ya know, ya know.

They were +1800 title odds to start the year behind Boston, Pheonix, Milwaukee, Golden State, LA, Philly, and Miami.

I don't agree with all of those choices... but if you put money down on how you felt you'd be rich.

ralph_i_el
10-03-2023, 07:21 AM
From an attitude/goals standpoint, probably not. Him winning a ring was probably bad for his longevity. How hungry is he for another?

Game wise? He never gets hurt because he never jumps. He's like the big man version of Andre Miller. He missed 13 games last year, a career high. He's averaging 74 regular season games a year so far. Could play a long time if he wants to.

ArbitraryWater
10-03-2023, 07:32 AM

He will play at the same MVP level hes played at for 3 years and then you can shut up, deal?

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 08:00 AM
He will play at the same MVP level hes played at for 3 years and then you can shut up, deal?

MJ played at MVP level for a long time but kept getting better. Why is Jokic an exception to other all-time greats and being a fat ass that can play is ok?

Jasper
10-03-2023, 10:20 AM
joker will have a retirement party at 36

Axe
10-03-2023, 06:31 PM
:oldlol:

He's aready surpassed the french baguette.

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 06:46 PM

the fact that he had to surpass him says a lot about Gobert:bowdown:

Kblaze8855
10-03-2023, 06:52 PM

He was doing 27/13/8 playoff series 5-6 years ago. That’s not a comparison that gets anywhere to begin with.

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 06:53 PM
He was doing 27/13/8 playoff series 5-6 years ago. That’s not a comparison that gets anywhere to begin with.

especially since they've been pretty much even head to head

Axe
10-03-2023, 06:57 PM
the fact that he had to surpass him says a lot about Gobert:bowdown:
If it makes you sleep at night. :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 06:59 PM
If it makes you sleep at night. :oldlol:

I'm not the one whose world revolves around Gobert. Sad pathetic troll you are

Axe
10-03-2023, 07:02 PM
But still a second-round fodder in the p/s. Pretty much like joel embiid. Only a bit inconsistent.

Axe
10-03-2023, 07:04 PM
I'm not the one whose world revolves around Gobert. Sad pathetic troll you are
If that's true then i would have already made tons of threads about him. And i haven't even made one yet, fool.

Kblaze8855
10-03-2023, 07:10 PM
But still a second-round fodder in the p/s. Pretty much like joel embiid. Only a bit inconsistent.

And he’s likely to be again. Accomplishing great things doesn’t mean you’re going to do it all the time. And Embiid is something like a top 10 to 12 center of all time. Not only is he better at basketball than many people on the original top 50 list he’s actually won more in the playoffs than some of them.

He’s just in that part of his career where he has so many accolades he becomes a joke to people for not winning yet, but he’s legitimately one of the best players who have ever played his position. I don’t think being Joel Embiid is something to list as a negative.

Axe
10-03-2023, 07:22 PM
And he’s likely to be again. Accomplishing great things doesn’t mean you’re going to do it all the time. And Embiid is something like a top 10 to 12 center of all time. Not only is he better at basketball than many people on the original top 50 list he’s actually won more in the playoffs than some of them.

He’s just in that part of his career where he has so many accolades he becomes a joke to people for not winning yet, but he’s legitimately one of the best players who have ever played his position. I don’t think being Joel Embiid is something to list as a negative.
Correct. But a lot of these players are judged whatever they do or how they would end up after the r/s, regardless of what individual awards they get rt. As for embiid, i guess you can't stop people from expecting that he should be more competitive as the reigning league mvp esp. there are other notable international talents nowadays. And he's almost 30 too. I'm sure he'll be able to surpass his own playoff woes someday.

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 08:28 PM
If that's true then i would have already made tons of threads about him. And i haven't even made one yet, fool.

rarely do I bring him up. Who brought him up in here? Oh yeah a troll :facepalm

Axe
10-03-2023, 09:27 PM
rarely do I bring him up. Who brought him up in here? Oh yeah a troll :facepalm
But you always have to react tho when they do make fun of him. :yaohappy:

Xiao Yao You
10-03-2023, 09:29 PM
But you always have to react tho when they do make fun of him. :yaohappy:

I bring the much hated facts to the conversation

ILLsmak
10-03-2023, 10:35 PM
And Embiid is something like a top 10 to 12 center of all time.

Let’s talk about this lol. Can i have a semblance of a list like

Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Hakeem
Shaq
Drob (choker but…)
Duncan
Ewing
Jokic (?)
Moses (?)
Walton

Then you got Mikan who ill leave off but def better historically and a mish mash of nba at 50 guys.

Embiid can score nuts, but is he even very good at stuff like reb, pass, paint protection?

Stats are different now cuz game is different.

He gets d boards but so does westbrook. Career high 22 rebs. Never played 70 games.

I’ve never felt like i was witnessing atgness watching embiid. Jus my 2c.

Mite even throw zo up there. He’s def talented, but i don’t see the hype. Thoughts?

Edit: look at these tiny dudes guarding him lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUNr9PKT6M

-Smak

Kblaze8855
10-14-2023, 07:12 AM
Dude is retiring at 32 max

When asked on Tuesday about the Nuggets’ championship run and the subsequent title celebration over the summer, Jokić’s answer wasn’t too shocking considering how he’s talked about basketball being his job over the past few months.
“Nah, I think it's actually opposite,” Jokić said when asked about if last last summer was the most fun he’s had in the NBA so far. “Because we played two-and-a-half extra months. ... It was good, but I had summers when I had more fun.”

Xiao Yao You
10-14-2023, 08:38 AM

might be in better shape with less time off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRftsa6aHTI

ILLsmak
10-14-2023, 01:38 PM

He's a contrarian. You can tell by his smirk. Look at how he smiles. It's crooked. He's trollan. Bet. We'll see. I mean, if he gets injured that's one thing...

Edit: expecting a serious answer from Joker https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gray/MFBQGVETIRHQDJZ4RRDMYC7C3E.jpg

-Smak

Xiao Yao You
10-14-2023, 04:51 PM
He's a contrarian. You can tell by his smirk. Look at how he smiles. It's crooked. He's trollan. Bet. We'll see. I mean, if he gets injured that's one thing...

Edit: expecting a serious answer from Joker https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gray/MFBQGVETIRHQDJZ4RRDMYC7C3E.jpg

-Smak

it's not if it's when. His body will break down early

ILLsmak
10-14-2023, 09:43 PM
it's not if it's when. His body will break down early

He doesn't really over extend himself, though... I dunno. I think he could play for a long time if he wanted to. Being a passing big who can shoot, and not really a big defensive player, he could stick around for awhile. He just stands in the way to play D and can rise up to shoot or pass over people. I dunno, we'll see.

-Smak

Xiao Yao You
10-14-2023, 10:14 PM
He doesn't really over extend himself, though... I dunno. I think he could play for a long time if he wanted to. Being a passing big who can shoot, and not really a big defensive player, he could stick around for awhile. He just stands in the way to play D and can rise up to shoot or pass over people. I dunno, we'll see.

-Smak

play for a long time maybe but not at peak level

jokic is sort of like if stockton and malone banged and had a monster baby

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2023, 08:18 AM
jokic is sort of like if stockton and malone banged and had a monster baby

except they were two of the best conditioned players ever and he's not

except they were two of the best conditioned players ever and he's not

"He's an ultra-conditioned athlete now," Malone said after the Nuggets beat the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference finals. "The guy can play for minutes on top of minutes and play at a high level.

"He made that turn. And his dedication from that point on has allowed him to become a two-time MVP."

"I want to be the Tim Duncan of the Denver Nuggets," Jokic told reporters at Denver's media day Monday. "But I need to win a couple championships to be him."

sombor shuffle sighting

https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1713793216154149285?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

bdonovan
10-16-2023, 04:55 AM
I can't remember the last NBA star that hasn't played past 35. Probably Yao Ming and Brandon Roy. Guys who peaked 10 years ago are still in the league (Derrick Rose) or trying to get back (Dwight Howard.)
So, unless an injury occurs he'll be around for a while.

Dwight Howard kept himself in peak physical shape and did the work as far as conditioning. Jokic hasn't. His knees and the rest of his body will fall apart in 5 years. Then he can punish his horses with all 280 lbs of his weight or north of 300 when he retires.

Jokic also has a different game than someone like Nowitzki. Jokic requires physicality to create distance with the defender. There's a lot of banging going on and he's the first option offensively by a mile. Unless he puts in the work in the gym, he won't have a long career- but maybe that's fine with him.

bdonovan
10-16-2023, 04:57 AM
"He's an ultra-conditioned athlete now," Malone said after the Nuggets beat the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference finals. "The guy can play for minutes on top of minutes and play at a high level.

"He made that turn. And his dedication from that point on has allowed him to become a two-time MVP."

"I want to be the Tim Duncan of the Denver Nuggets," Jokic told reporters at Denver's media day Monday. "But I need to win a couple championships to be him."

And you believe the coach? Of course he has a vested interest in talking up his players. Anyone with sight can see Jokic is not well conditioned. He can play lots of minutes because he's in his 20s. A lot of Slavic players are like this- they are just built well, big-boned, and naturally strong. Shouldn't be confused with conditioning - which is about effort undertaken to strengthen your body, not lucky genetics.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2023, 05:15 AM
And you believe the coach? Of course he has a vested interest in talking up his players. Anyone with sight can see Jokic is not well conditioned. He can play lots of minutes because he's in his 20s. A lot of Slavic players are like this- they are just built well, big-boned, and naturally strong. Shouldn't be confused with conditioning - which is about effort undertaken to strengthen your body, not lucky genetics.

Conditioning is not just about looking good with your shirt off. What Malone is referring toJokic's ability to play well over 30 minutes of highly productive basketball. You don't have to have defined biceps to do that, you have to have the ability to run in spurts for a long period of time.

jokic lost 20-25 pounds a few years ago

he said this himself if you look it up

and yes i consider denver's coach a trustworthy source about basketball

Overdrive
10-16-2023, 08:20 AM

Being a huge muskular dude actually consumes more energy than being skinnier and Jokic went from fat to skinny fat.

Ofc all those dude to cardio, but being build like a bodybuilder usually isn't a positive in a sport where you have to run all the time. Karl Malone and Lebron are the exceptions not the norm. Being huge and running and jumping all game more often than not leads to injury.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2023, 09:04 AM
Being a huge muskular dude actually consumes more energy than being skinnier and Jokic went from fat to skinny fat.

Ofc all those dude to cardio, but being build like a bodybuilder usually isn't a positive in a sport where you have to run all the time. Karl Malone and Lebron are the exceptions not the norm. Being huge and running and jumping all game more often than not leads to injury.

Now on the flip side I think you would have a very hard time proving that players that lift weights are injury-prone. Several of the greatest players of all time have lifted, especially over the last few decades when the benefits to being stronger became apparent and undeniable. MJ stayed lifting weights to improve his ability to deal with getting hit. Most of the league does some kind of weight training.

Overdrive
10-16-2023, 09:24 AM
Now on the flip side I think you would have a very hard time proving that players that lift weights are injury-prone. Several of the greatest players of all time have lifted, especially over the last few decades when the benefits to being stronger became apparent and undeniable. MJ stayed lifting weights to improve his ability to deal with getting hit. Most of the league does some kind of weight training.

Sure. Won't deny that, but there's a certain point where it's too much. Jordan was pretty lean compared to guys like Dwight.

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2023, 10:03 AM

guys have definitely put on more weight than their bodies were built to carry in the past. They now know that strength is more important than bulk. Lean and strong is better for most

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2023, 10:30 AM
guys have definitely put on more weight than their bodies were built to carry in the past. They now know that strength is more important than bulk. Lean and strong is better for most
Zion Williamson may be too havy for his joints but that's got more to do with diet and genetics than weights. You don't see many guys in the NBA that went nuts in the gym and as a resukt they couldn't play anymore. I can't think of anyone like that. The possibly biggest player of all time (excluding obese dudes like Oliver Miller), Shaq, had a long career.

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2023, 10:41 AM
Zion Williamson may be too havy for his joints but that's got more to do with diet and genetics than weights. You don't see many guys in the NBA that went nuts in the gym and as a resukt they couldn't play anymore. I can't think of anyone like that. The possibly biggest player of all time (excluding obese dudes like Oliver Miller), Shaq, had a long career.

Shaq is an exception for sure.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2023, 11:21 AM
Shaq is an exception for sure.
If he is the exception then who is the rule? Who are all of these players that suffered because they got strong?

origin story of the monster in the rockies

"I didn't follow that much NBA, because in Serbia, the games are on at 3 and 4 a.m. When YouTube came out when I was like 15, I watched Magic because of his passing, and Hakeem because of his post moves, and Jordan because he is Jordan.

"But when I was a kid, I just watched my brothers. They play basketball, too. We had some courts outside in our hometown. When they would play on those courts, I would watch when I was a little baby with my pacifier. I mix a little bit of both of them. One is talented, one is really strong. I’m a little bit talented, and a little bit strong."

“To be honest, back in Serbia, I didn’t follow the NBA that much. Dino (Radja), Peja (Stojaković), and Vlade Divac because they were, and Dražen Petrović, they are like the ones who first made the NBA, and opened the doors for every other, let’s say European players. or players from Ex Yugoslavia.

But when I came here, it was Tim Duncan, it was LaMarcus Aldridge, it was Boris Diaw, Dirk Nowitzki and those kind of guys.”

https://i.ibb.co/kDRRtpj/giphy.webp

joker makes him sound like a joke

big honey is too soft

cookie monster makes him sound fat

yoke is ok but basic

big tipper i don't even get (is he a generous tipper at restaurants)

the monster in the rockies is the legendary stuff nightmares are made out of

get on it basketball reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cw66u82Ik

Manny98
10-16-2023, 05:09 PM
I don't see him playing past 35 tbh

Baller234
10-16-2023, 05:57 PM

big honey is too soft

yoke is ok but basic

joker doesn't make him sound like a joke at all. he's a wild card. he's the joker. emphasis on THE joker.

plus it's already too late. people are already calling him joker. too late to switch now. you can add others to the list but joker is here to stay.

Duffy Pratt
10-16-2023, 08:11 PM

He's improved every year. Can't say what a person's peak is until they start to decline. Maybe he's maxed out, maybe not. Will he continue to add to his game? It's hard to say, and it may be hard to imagine. His past development would suggest that he will. His shooting, passing and defense have all fairly steadily improved, and I don't see anything to indicate that he's starting to decline.

joker doesn't make him sound like a joke at all. he's a wild card. he's the joker. emphasis on THE joker.

plus it's already too late. people are already calling him joker. too late to switch now. you can add others to the list but joker is here to stay.

it comes from 2 places

1. mike miller not being able to pronounce his name

it's not hard to pronounce when someone tells you (2 syllables jo is yo and kic is kich)

2. and him having a sense of humor

which is fine but a personality trait

ham's nickname is apt to basketball and sounds respectful in the context even though it could still have villainous connotations

for comparison sake michael air jordan or earvin magic johnson or hakeem the dream olajuwon or tim the big fundamental duncan sound nicer

nikola the joker jokic sounds more like you should be shitting your pants in fear or laughing at him

StrongLurk
10-17-2023, 08:06 PM
I hope the Joker plays as long as possible. He legit has top ten all time potential. If Bird and Magic can make it, then so can Jokic.

Kblaze8855
10-17-2023, 08:38 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2310180606540359.jpeg

8Ball
10-17-2023, 10:53 PM
No.

Long careers only happen with players that prioritize constant training all year round.

I see him trailing off like Shaq did by early 30s.

horseman of the apocalypse if you want to fixate on horses and phobias

FultzNationRISE
10-18-2023, 09:46 AM

big honey is too soft

yoke is ok but basic

He’s the Polar Bear.

Overdrive
10-18-2023, 11:36 AM
No.

Long careers only happen with players that prioritize constant training all year round.

I see him trailing off like Shaq did by early 30s.

I wonder how long Shaq stayed in the league if he didn't have a long career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2imoOoV3bno

https://twitter.com/ChiefOttoSosa/status/1716232586777825307?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1716232586777825307%7Ctwgr% 5E79803deca9fed38516d0a863de45129a8b3f4216%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnba%2Fnuggets%2 Fnews%2Fnikola-jokic-gives-viral-answer-about-relationship-with-basketball

NuggetsFan
10-24-2023, 07:33 PM
People still talking about Jokic's conditioning is hilarious. It's just genetics. He's a doughy guy. Combine that with how animated he is(constant flopping, whining, waving his hands etc. like a soccer player) and people just assume he's out of shape. It's well known he's put in the work to get in shape and the results and minutes he's able to play speak for themselves. He was playing 40ish minutes with ease for 2 straight rounds as a huge C. His stamina is honestly elite for his size/position. His play doesn't drop off at all. His defense is constantly slept on especially during the playoff run. That combined with his offensive usage? It's actually pretty wild he can play 40 minutes with ease when he's basically doing everything out there. When Jokic was out of shape he was 300+ pounds and most teams believed he was undraftable. You'll know when he's out of shape.

How long he plays is a fair question tho. I honestly don't know. The question is how much of it is just not liking the spotlight vs basketball. We know he doesn't care about MVP's, rings, stats etc. to a level we've never really seen from a player of his caliber. I truly believe he lowkey wanted no part in winning the MVP down the stretch last year. I've heard he loves basketball but just hates the spotlight but there's also a pretty good argument that he straight up doesn't care about playing ball at all. It's probably his greatest flaw and without it he's much further up the rankings. So nothing would really shock me. I could see him becoming less aggressive as a scorer as soon as this year and just playing out this contract and retiring. I could see him just doing the same old shit and sticking around until he's 38. I think his brothers/family's influence on him is the one thing that has me hopeful he'll play longer.

"constant flopping, whining, waving his hands etc. like a soccer player"

no

"It's well known he's put in the work to get in shape"

no

"When Jokic was out of shape he was 300+ pounds and most teams believed he was undraftable."

no

"there's also a pretty good argument that he straight up doesn't care about playing ball at all"

no

anyway

big first game from that monster in the rocky mountains

Xiao Yao You
10-25-2023, 06:50 AM
NBA Analyst Kenny Smith spoke with Jokic after the Nuggets’ Opening Night victory. Smith asked Jokic what his offseason looked like. This was his response: “I was in the weight room basically every day…I was just preparing my body for the season. I think our body’s our tool and if your body’s not ready something’s going to happen you’re going to get injured,” Jokic said, via NBA on TNT (https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-news-nikola-jokic-gets-honest-offseason-routine-2023-championship).
– via Christopher Smith @ Clutch Points (https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-news-nikola-jokic-gets-honest-offseason-routine-2023-championship)

NuggetsFan
10-25-2023, 01:04 PM
"constant flopping, whining, waving his hands etc. like a soccer player"

no

"It's well known he's put in the work to get in shape"

no

"When Jokic was out of shape he was 300+ pounds and most teams believed he was undraftable."

no

"there's also a pretty good argument that he straight up doesn't care about playing ball at all"

no

anyway

big first game from that monster in the rocky mountains

There’s not even an argument to be made against Jokic being very animated on the floor. I’ve watched his entire career. Even against the Lakers last night you seen the in game frustration. People confuse that with his stamina.

It’s just a fact. There was tons of stories on it and the Nuggets FO openly spoke about it. Jokic himself has spoke about it. He drank an absurd amount of soda. He said he had his last can on the flight to America. The entire point of Jokic coming to Denver so early was to fix his diet/start training. He was actually a great player overseas it was his body/athleticism holding him back as a prospect. All the stories are out there. He’s put a ton of work into getting in shape.

There’s not even an argument to be made against Jokic being very animated on the floor. I’ve watched his entire career. Even against the Lakers last night you seen the in game frustration. People confuse that with his stamina.

It’s just a fact. There was tons of stories on it and the Nuggets FO openly spoke about it. Jokic himself has spoke about it. He drank an absurd amount of soda. He said he had his last can on the flight to America. The entire point of Jokic coming to Denver so early was to fix his diet/start training. He was actually a great player overseas it was his body/athleticism holding him back as a prospect. All the stories are out there. He’s put a ton of work into getting in shape.

i'm not trying to have an argument

i think you are wrong about various things you said and pointed it out

the end

NuggetsFan
10-26-2023, 02:08 AM
i'm not trying to have an argument

i think you are wrong about various things you said and pointed it out

the end

Jokic being overweight and drinking soda non stop and needing to put lots of work in to get into shape isn’t subjective. It literally comes from Tim Connelly, Mike Malone, Jokic, and more FO members. That’s just what happened. You can just watch Jokic play to see how animated on the court he is.

Him enjoying playing ball is certainly subjective tho. I have no idea. I see the arguments for both sides but untimely have no idea. It’s not like the other things where it’s literally what’s happened.

Jokic being overweight and drinking soda non stop and needing to put lots of work in to get into shape isn’t subjective. It literally comes from Tim Connelly, Mike Malone, Jokic, and more FO members. That’s just what happened. You can just watch Jokic play to see how animated on the court he is.

Him enjoying playing ball is certainly subjective tho. I have no idea. I see the arguments for both sides but untimely have no idea. It’s not like the other things where it’s literally what’s happened.

fine

1. he's not constantly/non stop doing anything except being alive which is the same as everyone until they die

2. i watch him and he's not a "flopper"

3. he complains sometimes about calls but so do many players and he said he tries to not talk to the refs anymore because they won't listen to him

4. he waves his hands on defense which is part of being active

5. it is not widely known he got in good shape (see this thread/stephen a. smith calling him a tub of lard)

6. he was listed as 253 when drafted went up to 295 and is more like 260-265 now

7. based on all the evidence it's reasonable to conclude he has mixed emotions about basketball (so do i)

RRR3
10-26-2023, 02:02 PM
fine

1. he's not constantly/non stop doing anything except being alive which is the same as everyone until they die

3. he complains sometimes about calls but so do many players and he said he tries to not talk to the refs anymore because they won't listen to him

5. it is not widely known he got in good shape (see this thread/stephen a. smith calling him a tub of lard)

6. he was listed as 253 when drafted went up to 295 and is more like 260-265 now

7. based on all the evidence it's reasonable to conclude he has mixed emotions about basketball (so do i)
He absolutely flops and complains, stop being such a stan.

RRR3
10-26-2023, 02:06 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/Ab-J4iYQa2c?si=1n-WURvL1tj3Gq1t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXJC33vWv8

"Jokic isn't a flopper" :yaohappy:

He's not like Marcus Smart or anything but he does flop from time to time.

Overdrive
10-26-2023, 02:07 PM
fine

He loves basketball. I know a few guys who played blacktop against him in Sombor. He usually plays streetball during summer. He just doesn't enjoy the business part of the NBA.

He absolutely flops and complains, stop being such a stan.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Ab-J4iYQa2c?si=1n-WURvL1tj3Gq1t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXJC33vWv8

"Jokic isn't a flopper" :yaohappy:

He's not like Marcus Smart or anything but he does flop from time to time.

i said he complains sometimes (probably justifiably)

showing a "retaliatory flop" means he may cheat a bit if he feels he is getting cheated

i'd have to know the context better of the other clip but it's not normal and doesn't mean he deserves a "flopper" label

i said he complains sometimes (probably justifiably)

showing a "retaliatory flop" means he may cheat a bit if he feels he is getting cheated

i'd have to know the context better of the other clip but it's not normal and doesn't mean he deserves a "flopper" label

some say kawhi's elbow might have hit him in the solar plexus and knocked the wind out of him

it is a real thing apparently but i don't recall experiencing it

NuggetsFan
10-26-2023, 08:05 PM
fine

I won't even bother with 1-3 because even as a huge Nuggets fan I can see that he does that. I wasn't even aware people thought he wasn't animated on the court. There's literally viral NBA memes right now about Jokic's mannerisms on the court. Not even just flopping or complaining but the fact that he just lumbers around and dominates like he's about to start yawning.

https://fadeawayworld.net/michael-malone-says-no-one-believed-that-300-pound-out-of-shape-nikola-jokic-would-become-a-two-time-nba-mvp

That's just one article. There's literally a bunch. Coming from Malone, the Nuggets GM, assistant GM's and even Jokic himself. I've been following the Nuggets for ever. I remember reading about Jokic before he even played in the NBA. There was a hilarious interview I wanna say with Zach Lowe where he talks about his diet/how much Steve Hess helped him(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18400852/zach-lowe-qa-nikola-jokic-denver-nuggets-more-nba). His Coca Cola "addiction". I just genuinely don't understand how somebody could argue he didn't get into shape. Look at him before the NBA and compare that to right now. It's inarguable .. and not subjective .. that there's been tons of time/effort put into getting Jokic into better shape from where he started until right now.

I won't even bother with 1-3 because even as a huge Nuggets fan I can see that he does that. I wasn't even aware people thought he wasn't animated on the court. There's literally viral NBA memes right now about Jokic's mannerisms on the court. Not even just flopping or complaining but the fact that he just lumbers around and dominates like he's about to start yawning.

https://fadeawayworld.net/michael-malone-says-no-one-believed-that-300-pound-out-of-shape-nikola-jokic-would-become-a-two-time-nba-mvp

That's just one article. There's literally a bunch. Coming from Malone, the Nuggets GM, assistant GM's and even Jokic himself. I've been following the Nuggets for ever. I remember reading about Jokic before he even played in the NBA. There was a hilarious interview I wanna say with Zach Lowe where he talks about his diet/how much Steve Hess helped him(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18400852/zach-lowe-qa-nikola-jokic-denver-nuggets-more-nba). His Coca Cola "addiction". I just genuinely don't understand how somebody could argue he didn't get into shape. Look at him before the NBA and compare that to right now. It's inarguable .. and not subjective .. that there's been tons of time/effort put into getting Jokic into better shape from where he started until right now.

i read 295 by hess in a different article so malone is probably estimating 300 based off memory years later

draft sites say 253 so his weight has gone up and down for years but has been steady recently during his best seasons and lower than listed from what i can tell

NuggetsFan
10-26-2023, 11:38 PM
i read 295 by hess in a different article so malone is probably estimating 300 based off memory years later

draft sites say 253 so his weight has gone up and down for years but has been steady recently during his best seasons and lower than listed from what i can tell

I mean Jokic himself would probably tell you he was 300+ pounds at some point in his life. He was drinking 3 liters of soda a day. Either way he was in that ball park. Be it 295 or 305.

Regardless of what the actual number is it's just a fact that he put a bunch of work in to turn around his body. It's been talked about to death in Denver. His diet, the conditioning etc. He's actually talked about how he slimmed down to much and preferred playing with the extra weight. Genetically he's never going to look ripped. He's put the work in that he can play 40 minutes in a game and still be very good down the stretch. Which isn't exactly the case for everyone his size or even guys who are smaller. You'll never know when a professional athlete like Jokic lets himself go and quits working on it because he'll blow up like a whale. You basically have to ignore what Malone, the Nuggets FO, Nuggets strength coaches, Jokic himself has said to pretend like he hasn't lost weight and worked on his body.

nick wright

"My general gripe was, I felt Nikola Jokic was a very, very good player who was being treated like an all-time legend. I was wrong. He's an all-time legend. That's where I was wrong... I was late to the train. I will concede that point. People saw it in a way I didn't see it."

:pimp:

warriorfan
10-27-2023, 02:08 PM
nick wright

"My general gripe was, I felt Nikola Jokic was a very, very good player who was being treated like an all-time legend. I was wrong. He's an all-time legend. That's where I was wrong... I was late to the train. I will concede that point. People saw it in a way I didn't see it."

:pimp:

dude knows nothing about sports. love it

90sgoat
10-27-2023, 03:47 PM
He should do a 3peat and then retire.

A 3peat is basically the best achievement possible, because less than a handful have done it. A 3peat and he's up there with Shaq and MJ. Top 5 all time.

No real need to go through that slog of 82 boring games for 10 more years.

90sgoat
10-27-2023, 03:51 PM
He loves basketball. I know a few guys who played blacktop against him in Sombor. He usually plays streetball during summer. He just doesn't enjoy the business part of the NBA.

This.

Americans just don't understand that to a lot of europeans, american culture is seen as very fake.

Jokic is a slav, their culture despises braggards and it's seen as unhinged to show a lot of emotion.

I must admit, after seeing how bad the US basketball team was this summer, I find it comical how these second tier NBA games are being hyped.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1718069916119548138?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1718069916119548138%7Ctwgr% 5E4cbeb036d4c814f8b72fb5264e69df1108511a26%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnba%2Fne ws%2Fnikola-jokic-delivers-a-70-foot-alley-oop-from-out-of-bounds-like-a-shortstop-turning-two%2F

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1718069916119548138?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1718069916119548138%7Ctwgr% 5E4cbeb036d4c814f8b72fb5264e69df1108511a26%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnba%2Fne ws%2Fnikola-jokic-delivers-a-70-foot-alley-oop-from-out-of-bounds-like-a-shortstop-turning-two%2F

"Even Jokic, who isn’t known for being braggadocious and barely reacted to his own quarterback skills in the moment, had to acknowledge later that it was one of his more special moments.

“It was actually really perfect,” he told The Post. “It was a good pass. It was a really good pass. And they called a timeout right after. I think those points hurt the most.”

Chet on Jokic: "There's definitely a lot of things that he does that's hard to replicate."

https://i.ibb.co/kM36zQf/3aa091f9a41ec205d13afad0a0514cb1a7-cage-meme-w250-1.jpg

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 11:24 PM
Clutch Points: ikola Jokic says Thunder rookie Chet Holmgren needs to get “fatter” 😂 “He’s a really talented guy, but this is his first year. He’s still learning everything… I think he needs to be a little bit fatter, to be honest. (https://*********.com/social/) But yes, he has a talent that is unique.” (via @BennettDurando ) pic.twitter.com/2hdUNWBKEj

– via Twitter ClutchPointsApp (https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp)

:roll:

plowking
10-30-2023, 05:29 AM
NBA Analyst Kenny Smith spoke with Jokic after the Nuggets’ Opening Night victory. Smith asked Jokic what his offseason looked like. This was his response: “I was in the weight room basically every day…I was just preparing my body for the season. I think our body’s our tool and if your body’s not ready something’s going to happen you’re going to get injured,” Jokic said, via NBA on TNT (https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-news-nikola-jokic-gets-honest-offseason-routine-2023-championship).
– via Christopher Smith @ Clutch Points (https://clutchpoints.com/nuggets-news-nikola-jokic-gets-honest-offseason-routine-2023-championship)

Weren't you the one earlier saying he doesn't look after his body? Nice flip.

Just because someone isn't aesthetically what you imagine to be fit, doesn't mean they aren't. Jokic isn't tubby anymore by any stretch. He is a 7 foot guy who has an extremely squared off frame up top, and looks doughy due to his shoulders/arms. Jokic at this point is probably more conditioned than Shaq ever was in his career.

Regardless of his injury record moving forward, he clearly takes a lot of care of his body since getting to the NBA. You don't have the injury record he has had for this long without being super mindful of your body. Its also harder as a big man to stay this injury free, so lets hope it continues.

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2023, 06:41 AM
Weren't you the one earlier saying he doesn't look after his body? Nice flip.

Just because someone isn't aesthetically what you imagine to be fit, doesn't mean they aren't. Jokic isn't tubby anymore by any stretch. He is a 7 foot guy who has an extremely squared off frame up top, and looks doughy due to his shoulders/arms. Jokic at this point is probably more conditioned than Shaq ever was in his career.

Regardless of his injury record moving forward, he clearly takes a lot of care of his body since getting to the NBA. You don't have the injury record he has had for this long without being super mindful of your body. Its also harder as a big man to stay this injury free, so lets hope it continues.

Shaq would have been the best player ever if he'd been in shape. I didn't flip

90sgoat
10-30-2023, 11:15 AM
Jokic is so f*cking good.

I don't think people really realize yet that he is one of the best centers of all time now. He's a legit 3 time MVP (will win again this year) and a one time champion. The only reason he hasn't won more is because of lack of talent on his team.

If he repeats, and I really hope he does, there will no longer be any doubt, he will be close to a top 10 GOAT spot. He'll bump Hakeem off for 10th spot on my list.

plowking
10-30-2023, 11:40 AM
Shaq would have been the best player ever if he'd been in shape. I didn't flip

You don't have to flip. Jokic is in very good shape. Just because he doesn't look prototypical or aesthetically how you expect a basketballer, doesn't mean he isn't.

Daniel Cormier was always cited as being the chubby LHW in the UFC, yet he always had the best conditioning and gas tank.

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2023, 11:42 AM
You don't have to flip. Jokic is in very good shape. Just because he doesn't look prototypical or aesthetically how you expect a basketballer, doesn't mean he isn't.

Daniel Cormier was always cited as being the chubby LHW in the UFC, yet he always had the best conditioning and gas tank.

Is he in the best possible shape he could be in? Not even close. Really no excuse for that today with all the money they have

90sgoat
10-30-2023, 12:58 PM
Jokic's shape is decided by his ability to win.

He's not out there to win bodybuilding championships.

Is he gassing out in the 4th? That's all that matters.

plowking
10-30-2023, 01:00 PM
Is he in the best possible shape he could be in? Not even close. Really no excuse for that today with all the money they have

What are you basing him being in the "best possible shape" on?

He is stronger than every centre in the league. He is beating the likes of AD off the dribble in the half court, who is apparently a super athlete. And he was top 4 in minutes played in the last playoffs. Regularly beats most up and down the court too...

So what is it based off of?

sounds like he'll get better throughout the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJ0OHg6DCs

tied lebron and kidd for 4th in career triple doubles

https://i.ibb.co/V33rRfP/download-1.jpg

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 08:13 AM
sounds like he'll get better throughout the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJ0OHg6DCs

but he's already in the best shape he could possibly be in I've been told. Kessler was beating him down court all night as Jokic huffed and puffed on the 2nd night of a back to back

Duffy Pratt
10-31-2023, 11:44 AM
but he's already in the best shape he could possibly be in I've been told. Kessler was beating him down court all night as Jokic huffed and puffed on the 2nd night of a back to back

Huffed and puffed to 27/10/11 in a victory. But it was surely a moral win for Kessler.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Huffed and puffed to 27/10/11 in a victory. But it was surely a moral win for Kessler.

Can thank The Bum for that win. Hard to believe people think he doesn't suck

hold this L
10-31-2023, 12:08 PM
Can thank The Bum for that win. Hard to believe people think he doesn't suck

What about the other nights where he does it to other players? What a stupid post.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 12:22 PM
What about the other nights where he does it to other players? What a stupid post.

The nights when he hits more than one of his prayers and doesn't turn it over 5 times?

elementally morale
10-31-2023, 12:26 PM
The nights when he hits more than one of his prayers and doesn't turn it over 5 times?

I know you do it on purpose but it's a bit too much. Best PER since Jordan. Most triple doubles in a playoffs that was fairly easily won thanks to the man. A Finals MVP, a couple of reg season MVPs. Making his teammates better to the extent he is like 70% of the whole team. Etc. There comes a point when it's just very hard to deny greatness. Jokic is well over that point.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 12:30 PM
I know you do it on purpose but it's a bit too much. Best PER since Jordan. Most triple doubles in a playoffs that was fairly easily won thanks to the man. A Finals MVP, a couple of reg season MVPs. Making his teammates better to the extent he is like 70% of the whole team. Etc. There comes a point when it's just very hard to deny greatness. Jokic is well over that point.

I was talking about The Bum. Jokic is great. They would have lost last night if not for 34 minutes of The Bum though. They were tired on a back to back and ripe for the picking. Jazz front court and a couple of their back court guys were great, Hard to overcome a guy hitting one shot while dominating the ball and turning it over 5 times

elementally morale
10-31-2023, 12:35 PM
I was talking about The Bum. Jokic is great. They would have lost last night if not for 34 minutes of The Bum though. They were tired on a back to back and ripe for the picking. Jazz front court and a couple of their back court guys were great, Hard to overcome a guy hitting one shot while dominating the ball and turning it over 5 times

Clarkson? Okay, my bad. Sure, Clarkson is awful. The Lakers had him when I was in my last years following them and I couldn't understand how he got an NBA contract. I actually still don't understand it.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 12:40 PM
Clarkson? Okay, my bad. Sure, Clarkson is awful. The Lakers had him when I was in my last years following them and I couldn't understand how he got an NBA contract. I actually still don't understand it.

just got a huge extension and has started the past two years. A fan favorite

elementally morale
10-31-2023, 12:58 PM
just got a huge extension and has started the past two years. A fan favorite

Many volume shooters are. Their constant braindead action somehow translates as 'heart'.

Axe
10-31-2023, 04:51 PM
:yaohappy:

bad game by goat standards but still got the 25 point

https://i.ibb.co/t4Yf6Q3/innour-1.jpg

bang

https://i.ibb.co/y44j1Jy/one-more-jokic-meme-v0-y25u0nxsov5b1-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

tied lebron and kidd for 4th in career triple doubles

https://i.ibb.co/V33rRfP/download-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Tk9d9d7/giphy.webp

Duffy Pratt
11-07-2023, 12:31 AM
Tonight he huffed and puffed his way to 35/13/12 in just over 36 minutes. If he got himself into shape, he might be pretty good.

https://i.ibb.co/SrhpvQH/The-big-bad-wolf-said-Then-I-ll-huff-and-I-ll-puff-and-I-ll-blow-your-house-in-2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/BC7CW65/giphy.webp

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 08:20 AM
Ryan Blackburn: I don’t know if anybody has tweeted this yet, but the Nikola Jokic 36 points, 21 rebounds, and 11 assists stat line hasn’t been accomplished in 55 years (https://*********.com/social/). Wilt Chamberlain last did it in March of 1968.
– via Twitter NBABlackburn (https://twitter.com/NBABlackburn)

elementally morale
11-13-2023, 10:18 AM
Ryan Blackburn: I don’t know if anybody has tweeted this yet, but the Nikola Jokic 36 points, 21 rebounds, and 11 assists stat line hasn’t been accomplished in 55 years (https://*********.com/social/). Wilt Chamberlain last did it in March of 1968.
– via Twitter NBABlackburn (https://twitter.com/NBABlackburn)

You mean (Ryan means) this exact statline? Because I believe some better ones have been accomplished. Or is this some kind of lottery? :-)

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 11:38 AM
You mean (Ryan means) this exact statline? Because I believe some better ones have been accomplished. Or is this some kind of lottery? :-)

I would assume no one has ever had that many points, rebounds and assists in the same game. 20 boards doesn't happen a lot

elementally morale
11-13-2023, 11:48 AM
I would assume no one has ever had that many points, rebounds and assists in the same game. 20 boards doesn't happen a lot

Makes more sense. Actually, Jokic's game last night wasn't THAT great. I'm not sure it's in his top 50. Statistically it may be, but having watched the game it was like an 'okay, really good' game. I'm a huge follower of the guy and have been for the past 5 years, so I could argue blahblahblah how great he was yesterday. Yes, he was good but compared to his greatest level... not so much. Statlines are very deceiving.

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 12:07 PM
Makes more sense. Actually, Jokic's game last night wasn't THAT great. I'm not sure it's in his top 50. Statistically it may be, but having watched the game it was like an 'okay, really good' game. I'm a huge follower of the guy and have been for the past 5 years, so I could argue blahblahblah how great he was yesterday. Yes, he was good but compared to his greatest level... not so much. Statlines are very deceiving.

Certainly. Triple doubles are certainly overrated

elementally morale
11-13-2023, 12:23 PM
Certainly. Triple doubles are certainly overrated

His rebounding was great. Not just the totality in numbers but when he got them. When itt mattered most: he had like 6-7 rebounds in the last 6 minutes. 9 points in the 4th, hit a big 3, too. He was really great down the stretch. It wasn't enough. Reggie Jackson is not a good player. The team is a bit disfunctional because he also wants to handle the ball, isn't a great shooter... does nothing really well. Porter stepped up in Murray's absence but Gordon clearly regresses with Reggie on the floor. KCP suffers due to it, too. The chemistry with Jokic is not the same as it was with Jamal on the floor.

Duffy Pratt
11-13-2023, 02:21 PM
That’s because his first quarter was off the charts. After that, it was a good game for Joker, but nothing extraordinary, and I’m not just talking about stats. His defensive start was great (and in general, his D looks much improved from what it once was). Unfortunately, it looks like he’s gonna have to play a lot of extra minutes until Murray recovers, unless the bench can figure out something/anything to do in a half court set.

elementally morale
11-15-2023, 12:08 AM
Jokic shooting like sh!t to start the game. End of first half: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists. Not having a good game so far and it still looks ridiculous.

they call that the sombor double

https://i.ibb.co/7CYbgN2/unisex-staple-t-shirt-navy-front-641cc38c3a2d0-1-1.jpg

helps to shoot free throws like her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxN6snapd0

Jasper
11-15-2023, 11:14 AM
33-35 big men break down , and speed is gone early.
He lumbers down the floor already , but you have to lov him.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
33-35 big men break down , and speed is gone early.
He lumbers down the floor already , but you have to lov him.

not guys in prime condition!

https://twitter.com/NBABlackburn/status/1724681496277950968

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1725231887764111507?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://i.ibb.co/vqnhCcq/yum-food-1.gif

foul trouble game

https://i.ibb.co/Ltd5bDy/GC0218-Shit-Happens-33878-1.jpg

ejection game

https://i.ibb.co/njgcLwG/giphy.gif

don't know serbian but i can imagine :lol

https://twitter.com/katywinge/status/1726794863545569734?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

elementally morale
11-22-2023, 10:34 PM
Huffed and puffed himself to 30/13/12 today on 12 of 18 shooting with 3 steals and 2 blocks but it wasn't enough.

magic jokic

https://i.ibb.co/bJ67xkg/Magic-Johnson-1.jpg

good game

guess we'll see if holiday starts playing more

Lebron23
11-25-2023, 12:31 AM
He is going to be posterize first by a guy who is younger than my ish account

https://i.ibb.co/RHkc3cT/71-Hia-dx-Ei-L-AC-UF894-1000-QL80-1.jpg

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2023, 08:10 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk: Nikola Jokic (lower back) has been downgraded to out for the Nuggets’ second of a back to back against Clippers tonight (https://*********.com/social/).

– via Twitter NotoriousOHM (https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM)

surprising for a guy in peak physical shape

https://twitter.com/katywinge/status/1729638796721795110?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

air jokic

https://twitter.com/PBAinsider/status/1730071950201073666?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

dropping dimes

https://i.ibb.co/yg5jcXF/ezgif-4-c30370018d-1.gif

most career triple doubles without a turnover (passed kidd)

https://i.ibb.co/GJYVtk4/jason-kidd-nba-1.gif

1/4 of the regular season over

leads the nba in points rebounds assists

https://i.ibb.co/JckCdGC/wow-kevin-garnett-1.gif

BarberSchool
12-03-2023, 07:20 AM
most career triple doubles without a turnover (passed kidd)

https://i.ibb.co/GJYVtk4/jason-kidd-nba-1.gifAyo a center having that advanced rare stat is absolutely MF insane.

BarberSchool
12-03-2023, 07:21 AM
1/4 of the regular season over

leads the nba in points rebounds assists

https://i.ibb.co/JckCdGC/wow-kevin-garnett-1.gifGiddy GawdDamn man !

Somebody stop this MF! He’s on a ROLL.

prophecy

jokic will shave his head

form a big 3 with kidd and kg

pick up battier and caruso

and call themselves the bald ballers

https://i.ibb.co/8NVsG0H/ezgif-5-6cd34b0a0d-1.gif

https://i.ibb.co/fn39f6r/giphy.gif

BarberSchool
12-03-2023, 08:20 AM
prophecy

jokic will shave his head

form a big 3 with kidd and kg

pick up battier and caruso

and call themselves the bald ballers

https://i.ibb.co/8NVsG0H/ezgif-5-6cd34b0a0d-1.gif

https://i.ibb.co/fn39f6r/giphy.gif
There is a 357% chance that your head is bald lol and you still drunk from last night.
Drink some WATER ASAP !

Also, Jokic ain’t gonna shave his head.
His stress is low, and he clearly doesn’t need to do roids to be the best player on the floor.
Dude gonna have his hair forever.
Don’t be mad at him or his 10mm of hair lol

i'm not bald or drunk or mad

i do have a bald baller bench though

john salley

https://i.ibb.co/0BkhWDv/john-salley-48-1.jpg

rick fox

https://i.ibb.co/W6vz16f/gettyimages-1249280751-612x612-1.jpg

ron harper

https://i.ibb.co/B38kkpG/ronharper-1.jpg

“For him (Jokic ) to take 32 shots and only get two free throws and they both came in the fourth quarter doesn’t add up,” Michael Malone said.

i'll call it an ice cold triple double

https://i.ibb.co/y8zWCVB/272910168-5647325828616751-6066747184398045171-n-1.jpg

on the one hand double double

on the other hand maybe the bald ballers jinxed him :lol

SATAN
12-09-2023, 01:01 AM
**** Jokic