PDA

View Full Version : The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

StrongLurk
10-09-2023, 09:09 PM
At least compared to so many of the teams that have existed since 2017.

2011 Heat:
Mike Bibby (end of career)
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Joel Anthony (lol) or Big Z (end of career)

Then the 2011 Heat was shit with Haslem, Mike Miller (actually decent but was always hurt) James Jones, Mario Chalmers, Juwan Howard (end of career), Eddie House.

Shit just look at the starting lineups of the Bucks/Celtics this year. They look just as good or even better than those Heat teams. Biggest difference is just Lebron being so much better than everyone else outside of the 2011 finals.

Celtics:
Jrue Holiday
Jason Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Al Horford
Kristaps

Bucks:
Damien Lillard
Khris Middleton
Bobby Portis
Giannis
Brook Lopez

Axe
10-09-2023, 09:12 PM
I heard today's lakers were so stacked they couldn't even win their first preseason game without kong. :ohwell:

Airupthere
10-09-2023, 09:29 PM
Such a nice legacy lebron has added to the nba

tomtucker
10-10-2023, 03:11 PM

2011 Heat:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Then the 2011 Heat was shit with Haslem, Mike Miller (actually decent but was always hurt) James Jones, Mario Chalmers, Juwan Howard (end of career), Eddie House.

Shit just look at the starting lineups of the Bucks/Celtics this year. They look just as good or even better than those Heat teams. Biggest difference is just Lebron being so much better than everyone else outside of the 2011 finals.

Celtics:
Jrue Holiday
Jason Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Al Horford
Kristaps

Bucks:
Damien Lillard
Khris Middleton
Bobby Portis
Giannis
Brook Lopez

ehh, i believe you are forgetting a certain guy named Ray Allen.....!!

Lebron
D-Wade
Bosh
Allen
Andersen

An absolute STACKED and tough team.... who would destroy ANY team in the 2023-24 season!

sdot_thadon
10-10-2023, 03:42 PM
They weren't ever to the level the narrative painted them at. 2011 was the big 3 and not much else. 2012 on Dwade wasn't the same 2011 Wade anymore, which wasn't even the same as 2010 Wade if we're being completely honest. In response the supporting cast got better. 2013 was a great team imo that could compete with all time greats. 2014 was a run down tired veteran team that was maybe the worst season as a team. They didn't have the personnel to run Spoelstra's defensive strategy anymore by 2014. I always felt the shock reputatuon of the team up outlived its reality by a bit. Even caused every roster following for Lebron to be called a super team when they weren't lol.

tpols
10-10-2023, 03:42 PM
2011 Heat

Lebron 26 years old
Wade 29 years old
Bosh 26 years old

2023 Bucks

Dame 33 years old
Middleton 32 years old
Giannis 29 years old

And it's funny because you'll say Mike Bibby was ancient... he was younger than current Dame in 2011. And the same exact age as Kris Middleton. Big Z is ancient... he's the same exact age as Brook Lopez right now.

Your whole argument is just extremely biased and not based in reality. The Heat were massive +175 title odds favorites starting in 2011 with 2 MVP talents in their primes. Bucks are +600 right now. Celtics are more prime but still +450.

It's not even close...

sdot_thadon
10-10-2023, 03:45 PM
2011 Heat

Lebron 26 years old
Wade 29 years old
Bosh 26 years old

2023 Bucks

Dame 33 years old
Middleton 32 years old
Giannis 29 years old

And it's funny because you'll say Mike Bibby was ancient... he was younger than current Dame in 2011. And the same exact age as Kris Middleton. Big Z is ancient... he's the same exact age as Brook Lopez right now.

Your whole argument is just extremely biased and not based in reality. The Heat were massive +175 title odds favorites starting in 2011 with 2 MVP talents in their primes. Bucks are +600 right now. Celtics are more prime but still +450.

It's not even close...

If you watched the games you'd know clearly they weren't seen as ancient because of their age as much as their abilities to contribute by that point. It's no secret that guys last longer now than that time frame and even more so than guys the decades before. Most guys were toast alot younger than its happened for our current generation.

tpols
10-10-2023, 03:56 PM
If you watched the games you'd know clearly they weren't seen as ancient because of their age as much as their abilities to contribute by that point. It's no secret that guys last longer now than that time frame and even more so than guys the decades before. Most guys were toast alot younger than its happened for our current generation.

The Heats core and bench players as a whole were much younger than the Bucks.

And they featured 2/3 of the best players in the league on one team. These examples don't come remotely close to that and it's reflected in the odds.

There's not even really a solid example today of a pair like Wade and LeBron teaming up since after Jokic you could name like 5 or 6 guys to claim the number 2 spot.

In 2010 it was Lebron Kobe Wade clear cut and no room for debate. So the collusion between the two was totally unprecedented.

ArbitraryWater
10-10-2023, 04:34 PM
2011 Heat

Lebron 26 years old
Wade 29 years old
Bosh 26 years old

2023 Bucks

Dame 33 years old
Middleton 32 years old
Giannis 29 years old

It's not even close...

Thats nothing nowadays.

sdot_thadon
10-10-2023, 04:41 PM
The Heats core and bench players as a whole were much younger than the Bucks.

And they featured 2/3 of the best players in the league on one team. These examples don't come remotely close to that and it's reflected in the odds.

There's not even really a solid example today of a pair like Wade and LeBron teaming up since after Jokic you could name like 5 or 6 guys to claim the number 2 spot.

In 2010 it was Lebron Kobe Wade clear cut and no room for debate. So the collusion between the two was totally unprecedented.

The point that is clearly whooshing way over your head is this was 10 years ago, this era has different longevity period. 33 was one foot in the grave in 2013 for 98.7% of players' usefulness. Sure some guys could still hang on to roster spots for a variety of reasons, but ask yourself how many were able to play a prominent, important role. Not many.

tpols
10-10-2023, 04:54 PM
The point that is clearly whooshing way over your head is this was 10 years ago, this era has different longevity period. 33 was one foot in the grave in 2013 for 98.7% of players' usefulness. Sure some guys could still hang on to roster spots for a variety of reasons, but ask yourself how many were able to play a prominent, important role. Not many.

Tons of players today have fallen off in their early 30s. Kawhi and Paul George can barely string 2 games together. AD gets hurt all the time and he's only 30. Middleton has been banged up and out at that age. Klay too. Kyrie and Durant out here missing whole seasons in their early 30s. Theres countless examples.

There's nothing about today that changed from 12 years ago from an injury perspective. We aren't talking true old school basketball going from today to a decade ago. Nothing changed but the spacing. The rules aren't different. We aren't comparing today to 90s prison ball.

8Ball
10-10-2023, 05:32 PM

2011 Heat:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Celtics:
Jrue Holiday
Jason Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Al Horford
Kristaps

Bucks:
Damien Lillard
Khris Middleton
Bobby Portis
Giannis
Brook Lopez

They never were stacked historically speaking.

Compare that 2011 lineup with the 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers or 2017 Warriors.

They were a top 3 team.

Kblaze8855
10-10-2023, 06:42 PM
Lebron 26 years old
Wade 29 years old
Bosh 26 years old

2023 Bucks

Dame 33 years old
Middleton 32 years old
Giannis 29 years old

people on here have been saying the big three Celtics don’t count as team hopping in their prime for 10 years on here when the youngest of them was younger than Kyrie is now, and the oldest was younger than Dame was entering last season.

obviously, people are only as old as they have to be for the argument of the moment.

GimmeThat
10-10-2023, 07:28 PM
you're saying the amount of potential pay cut those teams had taken as a whole had consistently fallen under the radar no matter who you ask

if players knew what it takes to win a championship ring automatically qualifies the team as stacked, that's a lot of bad blood between players and owners

Full Court
10-10-2023, 11:10 PM

2011 Heat:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Celtics:
Jrue Holiday
Jason Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Al Horford
Kristaps

Bucks:
Damien Lillard
Khris Middleton
Bobby Portis
Giannis
Brook Lopez

That's because there are more stacked teams, so there's a little more balance. The Heat then were by far the most stacked team in the league.

And LOL at the usual low IQ suspects crying about LeShrivel needing more help. :roll: I guess two all stars and another poised-to-be all star isn't enough.

:lebronamazed:

StrongLurk
10-11-2023, 10:54 AM
For real though, those Heat teams had major weaknesses in 2011 and 2014. 2012 they were strong because they got better/healthier role players. 2013 they improved the role players even more, but that was offset by DWade's decline in 2013.

Really though, what made the Heat "stacked" was simply Lebron being so good (outside of 2011 finals). Replace Bron with a regular all star and those Heat teams don't even make the finals.

Literally every team KD has been on since 2016 is just as stacked or more stacked than those Heat teams.

StrongLurk
12-29-2023, 07:52 PM

2011 Heat:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh

Celtics:
Jrue Holiday
Jason Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Al Horford
Kristaps

Bucks:
Damien Lillard
Khris Middleton
Bobby Portis
Giannis
Brook Lopez

3 months later, the Celtics/Bucks are still indeed stacked.

warriorfan
12-29-2023, 09:43 PM
bron stans are so goofy

iamgine
12-29-2023, 11:11 PM
If 2011 Heat existed today it would be something like:

Jokic (Bron)
Siakam (Bosh)
Torrey Craig (Joel Anthony)
Justin Holiday (Bibby)
Shai (Wade)

Trollsmasher
12-30-2023, 08:16 AM
They have never been
The 3 star system is inherently inefficient since the third star never justifies his max contract with the usage and the team is robbed of useful depth.

ImKobe
12-30-2023, 12:13 PM
You always have to look at the team relative to where the league was. They were stacked.

SouBeachTalents
12-30-2023, 12:16 PM
You always have to look at the team relative to where the league was. They were stacked.
Tell that to the “He won with just Gasol!” crowd.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2023, 12:32 PM

I agree. Although a lot of people conveniently forget this idea whenever the argument suits. Happens all the time.

“So and so won with X as the second best player and so and so won with a better second best player. Therefore the first guy is better”.

Context is added when needed. You know this, and frequently practice it.

tpols
12-30-2023, 12:36 PM
The Heat had the best title odds at winning the championship in the last 25 years outside the KD Curry warriors at +175. And they lost. (choked) :lol

For reference this year Boston is the title favorite at +450. So despite how dominant the Celtics have been this year, their title odds weren't even in the same league as the Heats.

The league has more parity now. Prime Lebron + prime Wade would be like putting Hakeem and Jordan on the same team in the 90s. It was an unprecedented collusion of NBA talent that doesn't exist today.

It would be like Jokic joining the Celtics or Bucks.

ImKobe
12-30-2023, 12:38 PM
Tell that to the “He won with just Gasol!” crowd.

Well teams had 2 stars back then so the Lakers weren't way more talented than the rest of the league. Their depth wasn't amazing. Relative to the league they were good but not ahead of other contenders the way the Heat were (OKC u could argue was just as good but those guys were in their early 20s with no championship experience) and Lakers didn't play in a joke Conference either.

2011-13 you have to put things in perspective. Spurs were kind of washed. Kobe was past his prime and Lakers had injury problems, Cs were washed, OKC was too young at the time. EC really didn't have anyone that could legitimately beat Miami.

2014 though you have a point, the Heat weren't that stacked compared to the Spurs. 2013 Heat team is mad underrated in an all-time perspective tho.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Well teams had 2 stars back then so the Lakers weren't way more talented than the rest of the league. Their depth wasn't amazing. Relative to the league they were good but not ahead of other contenders the way the Heat were (OKC u could argue was just as good but those guys were in their early 20s with no championship experience) and Lakers didn't play in a joke Conference either.

2011-13 you have to put things in perspective. Spurs were kind of washed. Kobe was past his prime and Lakers had injury problems, Cs were washed, OKC was too young at the time. EC really didn't have anyone that could legitimately beat Miami.

2014 though you have a point, the Heat weren't that stacked compared to the Spurs. 2013 Heat team is mad underrated in an all-time perspective tho.

60+ wins and best net rating in the league is pretty impressive for a washed team.

Axe
12-31-2023, 02:42 PM
Bryant was blessed to have jackson as his coach bt. They've been to the finals together for several occasions. So sometimes, it could be more than just having talented teammates around your team.

3ba11
12-31-2023, 06:23 PM
In the history of the NBA, there's never been a situation where 3 franchise players from 3 different teams in the same conference consolidate power on 1 team - this totally dilutes a conference and consolidates power on 1 team - if someone was trying to rig the conference, this would be one of the primary methods and people forget that it was the top 3 first options from the East joining the same team.. Now who in the hell could possibly lose the conference after that?.. Even LeChoke can't screw that one up

kawhileonard2
12-31-2023, 11:58 PM
Squad was stacked!

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:04 AM
In the history of the NBA, there's never been a situation where 3 franchise players from 3 different teams in the same conference consolidate power on 1 team - this totally dilutes a conference and consolidates power on 1 team - if someone was trying to rig the conference, this would be one of the primary methods and people forget that it was the top 3 first options from the East joining the same team.. Now who in the hell could possibly lose the conference after that?.. Even LeChoke can't screw that one up

Yep.

What a legacy LeRoid has left on the league....pvssy colluding with no D allowed

Who even watches this shit anymore?....its not even sport

Entertainment for weak betas who worship primadonna weak 'men'

1987_Lakers
01-01-2024, 01:10 AM
https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:12 AM
Of course 1987 lakers is online on nye.

Female looking manlet with absolutely no life or friends.

LOSER

1987_Lakers
01-01-2024, 01:12 AM
Of course 1987 lakers is online on nye.

Female looking manlet with absolutely no life or friends.

LOSER
You were up at 3am making threads about LeBron.

You mad bro?

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:13 AM
Also Tim is 2-1 against leloser in the finals.

Including biggest winning margin in NBA history.
As an old man without a superteam...against a superteam.

He also sent LePvssy back to Cleveland by dismantled the pvssies superteam....

Irrelevant though...as its NYE in your time zone and 1987 is here.

LOSER

1987_Lakers
01-01-2024, 01:15 AM
https://i.insider.com/51c85499ecad04a664000001?width=471&format=jpeg

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:15 AM
BTW I'm having a rare post as it's new years day here...I'm in my lovely backyard with my family as I sip a drink and my son and wife splash in the pool.

Enjoy your NYE though...you're a winner

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:16 AM
He/she is fuming

RRR3
01-01-2024, 01:18 AM
BTW I'm having a rare post as it's new years day here...I'm in my lovely backyard with my family as I sip a drink and my son and wife splash in the pool.

No one believes this.

Spurs m8
01-01-2024, 01:19 AM
Have also had more sex in 2024 than 1987 and rrr3 will have all year.

I'm off to enjoy the sun, losers

1987_Lakers
01-01-2024, 01:19 AM
I'm in my lovely backyard with my family as I sip a drink and my son and wife splash in the pool.

In your lovely backyard while still raging about LeBron. :lol

1987_Lakers
01-01-2024, 01:23 AM
That Duncan gif really triggered him, good to know to use that in the future.

Hey Yo
01-01-2024, 01:32 AM

Fake son is fake

Axe
01-01-2024, 03:22 AM
That Duncan gif really triggered him, good to know to use that in the future.
To be frank though, he doesn't quite talk about his team that much...

SATAN
01-01-2024, 10:56 PM

Hopefully your imaginary friends drowned.

dazzer87
01-02-2024, 03:04 PM
Stacked team and only got two rings out of 4 years while playing in the trashy East….:(