PDA

View Full Version : Worthy claims that the supporting cast made MJ better, but the stats say otherwise

3ba11
10-14-2023, 05:15 PM
Jordan's numbers declined during his tenure with Pippen, Grant and BJ, while their stats grew by leaps and bounds alongside him - they were babies in 1988 that he cradled, so it's remarkable that he doesn't get credit for raising babies, while Magic gets credit for making a 6-time MVP better (kareem), or making a ready-made stud better (worthy)..

No one says that those guys made Magic better - it's always how he made them better even though they were already studs and not babies that needed tons of improvement like Pippen or Grant in 88'.. The ultimate reality is that expert jumpshooters like Curry or MJ have vast records of teammate development and good fits, while high-scoring ball-dominators like Luka and Lebron impose spot-up roles, and therefore have weaker records of teammate development or good fits.

So when Worthy says that MJ's teammates made him better, that's a function of him watching mainstream hoops coverage and picking up the anti-Jordan narratives that were developed for Lebron's fake goat case.

Ultimately, it's silly that the media creates fake narratives for Lebron because future generations are technologically superior and have superior capacity to see through unsubstantiated claims. This is already part of the reason that MJ's record has stood the test of time thus far and even picks up steam

Xiao Yao You
10-14-2023, 05:18 PM
supporting cast certainly made Worthy look good

Full Court
10-14-2023, 06:32 PM
Jordan's numbers declined because he started playing better team ball - and the Bulls started winning a lot more. It's called high IQ basketball.

Axe
10-14-2023, 08:41 PM
1994 bulls won 55 games and almost made the ecf, both without their beloved first option bt. :bowdown:

AirBonner
10-15-2023, 05:13 PM
I have Wemby over MJ. MJ didn’t come into the league as a complete package like Wemby

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2023, 05:27 PM
I have Wemby over MJ. MJ didn’t come into the league as a complete package like Wemby

get back to me when he puts up 28 pts on 52%/85% 7rbd 6 ass 2.4 stls this season

sdot_thadon
10-15-2023, 05:39 PM
Umm there's a such thing as a symbiotic relationship. I think Mj and his teammates benefited each other as orchestrated by their hall of fame brain.

3ba11
10-15-2023, 09:13 PM
Jordan's numbers declined because he started playing better team ball - and the Bulls started winning a lot more. It's called high IQ basketball.

Jordan's stats didn't decline - see the 91-93' Playoffs and Finals - he averaged 35-41 ppg on most of those runs, so his stats went up.. Meanwhile his 96' and 98' runs were won with the only 54 ppg supporting casts since 1954, while Pippen had the worst efficiency ever for a playoff run of 15 games and 35 MPG on both runs.

so all of jordan's runs were complete carry-jobs..

and just because jordan learned greater strategy from Phil, this means Phil made him smarter not Grant or Pippen, who were carried and cradled as babies.. So worthy is wrong - phil made Jordan understand the game better and be a more effective winner, while Grant and Pippen were literally carried in every regular season and playoffs as the stats showed.. Jordan simply needed veteran producers in 88' and 89' but was stuck with a lottery roster of rookies and low producers.

And Jordan was a winning team player from his days at North Carolina - he was always a low turnover, high efficiency and low ball-domination off-guard that a great strategy could be built around as his North Carolina days already showed.. Most stars have a long enough career so that all the best minds get a crack at them.. Jordan was simply the first guy that won and kept winning with the first all-star that he received, while everyone else in history needed many all-star teammates.

JohnMax
10-15-2023, 09:16 PM
MJ didn't shoot threes and played before 3-point era. Sorry but the goat can't be from Jurassic Park era of basketball.

Axe
10-15-2023, 09:34 PM
MJ didn't shoot threes and played before 3-point era. Sorry but the goat can't be from Jurassic Park era of basketball.
:roll:

Full Court
10-15-2023, 10:02 PM

Maybe you didn't realize that Jordan had the record for most threes in a finals game half - a record that stood for a long, long time.

Maybe you also didn't realize that Jordan had a higher finals 3-pt % than LeBrick.

Still consensus GOAT whether you like it or not. :confusedshrug: I know that just EATS Bronie fluffers up. :lol

Axe
10-15-2023, 10:32 PM
What was this thread all about? Jordan and his bulls team.

But who the hell did he bring here up again? Lebron as usual.

:confusedshrug:

Full Court
10-15-2023, 10:42 PM

^Another triggered Bronie fluffer. :roll:

Like clockwork.

:lebronamazed:

Axe
10-15-2023, 11:53 PM
I have Wemby over MJ. MJ didn’t come into the league as a complete package like Wemby:lebronamazed: (https://i.ibb.co/hX34jLs/IMG-20221001-103220.jpg)

Full Court
10-16-2023, 07:01 AM
Umm there's a such thing as a symbiotic relationship. I think Mj and his teammates benefited each other as orchestrated by their hall of fame brain.

:lebronamazed:

Axe
10-16-2023, 09:32 AM
Cool. Probably a lot better than the ones sga had when the thunder finished somewhere between 4th-6th seed last season. :yaohappy: (https://i.ibb.co/gDsySW3/IMG-20230603-203842.jpg)

Full Court
10-16-2023, 05:57 PM

Worthy had a great tenure with the Lakers.

Full Court
10-16-2023, 07:05 PM

Wemby may pass up MJ when all is said and done, but it's a little early for that kind of take.

Axe
10-16-2023, 07:12 PM
I agree.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZOSRbkV7VW5KFa2FQJdTWtYDYiPVn2 GdKFw&usqp=CAU (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgJlaYykOeriV0g-CmztDbyLIB7OzQHuDISg&usqp=CAU)

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2023, 06:56 AM
Worthy had a great tenure with the Lakers.

thank you Magic!

hateraid
10-17-2023, 03:53 PM

Right on queue. And just as predicted who follows up? Lol

3ba11
10-17-2023, 06:44 PM
Thread Cliffs

Phil showed MJ winning strategy, which made MJ a smarter and better ballplayer, while Grant and Pippen were cradled as babies and didn't make MJ better at all - they had nothing to do with MJ's development or improvement as a ballplayer - if anything, they held him back as he waited for them to improve, whereas a ready-made stud like Worthy could've helped MJ become a winner much sooner.. Grant and Pippen are the most carried 2nd and 3rd options OF ALL TIME - that stats confirm this ostensibly.

Axe
10-17-2023, 07:28 PM
Thread Cliffs

Phil showed MJ winning strategy, which made MJ a smarter and better ballplayer, while Grant and Pippen were cradled as babies and didn't make MJ better at all - they had nothing to do with MJ's development or improvement as a ballplayer - if anything, they held him back as he waited for them to improve, whereas a ready-made stud like Worthy could've helped MJ become a winner much sooner.. Grant and Pippen are the most carried 2nd and 3rd options OF ALL TIME - that stats confirm this ostensibly.
1-9