PDA

View Full Version : What the NBA has done to help LeBum..

nineiron
10-15-2023, 10:55 AM
The NBA has aiding LeBron forever. Three examples:

1) LeBron colluding with Wade and Bosh to join up in miami. the NBA has shut down deals before with illegal frameworks, i.e. Chris Paul to the Lakers.
2) The Miami/Oklahoma City finals, which was one of the most lopsided playoff series officiating jobs in NBA history.
3) Cleveland mysteriously landing three number 1 picks in like 4 years. 2011 Cleveland had a 19% chance, 2013 they had a 15% chance, 2014 they had a laughable 1.7% chance and still got it. All 3 picks played a crucial role in LeBron's return and their eventual championship. The probability of all three of these happening is 0.048%.

red1
10-15-2023, 10:58 AM
4 finals MVPs > 2 finals MVPs

you cant use the ringless jokes anymore kid. 20four the king burger flipper. :applause:

SouBeachTalents
10-15-2023, 11:00 AM
I know Bron got OP’s last 2 letters, he wrote the addresses on em perfect.

red1
10-15-2023, 11:09 AM
I know Bron got OP’s last 2 letters, he wrote the addresses on em perfect.

OP is former poster 20four, the burger flipper. you can tell by his obsession. the chuckbe stans were at their peak in 2011 with the ringless jokes.

all of their arguments fell apart. he's still 12 years in the past stuck in 2011.

now its just wah wah steroids refs collusion kyrie ray allen

its sad when their best remaining argument is steroids :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
10-15-2023, 11:20 AM
1: There was nothing illegal about the Heat deal, we just saw 2 and a half superstars demonstrate the problem with limiting salary if you care about competitive balance.

2: Says you.

3: Cleveland mysteriously sucked.

Hey Yo
10-15-2023, 11:24 AM

1) LeBron colluding with Wade and Bosh to join up in miami. the NBA has shut down deals before with illegal frameworks, i.e. Chris Paul to the Lakers.
2) The Miami/Oklahoma City finals, which was one of the most lopsided playoff series officiating jobs in NBA history.
3) Cleveland mysteriously landing three number 1 picks in like 4 years. 2011 Cleveland had a 19% chance, 2013 they had a 15% chance, 2014 they had a laughable 1.7% chance and still got it. All 3 picks played a crucial role in LeBron's return and their eventual championship. The probability of all three of these happening is 0.048%.

Dumb soccer boy is dumb.

dankok8
10-15-2023, 12:47 PM
The only "controversial" call I remember in the 2012 Finals was the potential foul on Durant at the end of Game 2. But at the end of the game, those will often go uncalled. I think point 2) is a major reach. As for the others, eh... It could be the league fixed it or it just happened that way. Low probability doesn't mean zero probability you know... Conspiracy theories don't interest me anyways.

John8204
10-15-2023, 01:00 PM
1. Bosh/Wade are both absurdly overrated by this generation of fans. Teaming up with free agents who I believe won a single playoff series on their own and acting like it's the Baylor/West/Wilt Lakers is a bad faith embarrassment. Calling the Miami Heat a "super team" is being generous to the tern,

2. OKC/Miami officiating they lost the series 4-1, you might have some ticky tack calls but it truth this wasn't Detroit/Lakers or any of Shaq's iffy series or Suns/Spurs.

3. Jeez you mean how the same six teams(CLippers, Magic, Pistons, 76ers, Wolves, and Cavs) seem to get all the first round picks...perhaps the league should put a stop to that

ShawkFactory
10-15-2023, 01:32 PM
1. Bosh/Wade are both absurdly overrated by this generation of fans. Teaming up with free agents who I believe won a single playoff series on their own and acting like it's the Baylor/West/Wilt Lakers is a bad faith embarrassment. Calling the Miami Heat a "super team" is being generous to the tern,

2. OKC/Miami officiating they lost the series 4-1, you might have some ticky tack calls but it truth this wasn't Detroit/Lakers or any of Shaq's iffy series or Suns/Spurs.

3. Jeez you mean how the same six teams(CLippers, Magic, Pistons, 76ers, Wolves, and Cavs) seem to get all the first round picks...perhaps the league should put a stop to that

To your first point, do you just intentionally come in to try to play devils advocate? Bosh I can get on board with. Because it’s ISH and Lebron is involved in the discussion he gets both under and overrated.

Wade at his best is/was an all time great player.

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2023, 01:35 PM
To your first point, do you just intentionally come in to try to play devils advocate? Bosh I can get on board with. Because it’s ISH and Lebron is involved in the discussion he gets both under and overrated.

yeah hard to argue he didn't join up with a great that had already carried a team to a title. Bosh wasn't at their level but a legitimate star

Real Men Wear Green
10-15-2023, 01:41 PM

Bosh wasn't really a superstar but Wade absolutely was. He led Miami to a championship without the other two and at his best was one of the three or four best 2 guards of all time. He declined in his last few years with that Heat team but he was a 25ppg teammate for James until something like 2011. That's almost like a guy averaging 28 today and more than the majority of championship second options.

John8204
10-15-2023, 02:02 PM

Is he an "all time great" because he's top five from his generation or top ten. Because to me he's a top ten player of his generation, a great second option but couldn't do anything on his own.

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Is he an "all time great" because he's top five from his generation or top ten. Because to me he's a top ten player of his generation, a great second option but couldn't do anything on his own.

couldn't do anything on his own but have one of the greatest performances ever to carry his team to a title :lol

ShawkFactory
10-15-2023, 02:35 PM

Literally won a championship and averaged 34 ppg in the finals while doing it.

You have a selective memory.

SouBeachTalents
10-15-2023, 02:56 PM

He just says whatever stupid thing comes to his head regardless of if it's based in reality or not.

John8204
10-15-2023, 04:22 PM

You would be referring to the series that featured the second most free throws given to a player in the history of the finals. The same team that had a pair of top 75 players and two all-stars coming off the bench with Haslam and Williams rounding out that roster.

How did that team do the next season

Axe
10-15-2023, 04:59 PM
Are you ok? :ohwell:

sdot_thadon
10-15-2023, 05:43 PM
They've done for him like the they do for the face of the league, but I'd argue they don't help him as much as other guys with the whistle, he's probably deserved 1000 more fta than he's actually shot lol.i can't really site specific rule changes with him in mind but I'm sure you could bend any to your will if you were determined emough. Oh and Wade was absolutely a superstar, but Bosh? Not so much. Wade did tail off fairly quickly following their 1st season together but their synergy arguably extended his drop off point too

ILLsmak
10-15-2023, 07:08 PM
threads have consequences. You start off on Bron then some dude comes in and acts like Wade is garbage lool.

It's hard to say carried when you get FMVP eyy. It's like the whole Wade's fault 2011 stuff, haha. Wade's fault for getting ready to grab FMVP a second time?

-Smak

ShawkFactory
10-15-2023, 07:13 PM
You would be referring to the series that featured the second most free throws given to a player in the history of the finals. The same team that had a pair of top 75 players and two all-stars coming off the bench with Haslam and Williams rounding out that roster.

How did that team do the next season

:lol

I do love the doubling down and trying to make it about the next season versus the season you completely didn’t acknowledge before.

But to answer you question..Wade was on a true MVP track but got hurt and didn’t play much of the second half of the season.

And I assume by all stars of the bench you’re referring to Gary Payton and Antoine Walker. Um….really?

You’re probably just joking.

John8204
10-15-2023, 08:26 PM
:lol

I do love the doubling down and trying to make it about the next season versus the season you completely didn’t acknowledge before.

But to answer you question..Wade was on a true MVP track but got hurt and didn’t play much of the second half of the season.

And I assume by all stars of the bench you’re referring to Gary Payton and Antoine Walker. Um….really?

You’re probably just joking.

I'm referring to the HOF blocks leader who did better in MVP voting than Wade ever did Alonzo Mourning.

I'm not saying Wade is a bad player, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the great shooting guards of all-time. And I got a lot more respect for him than Westbrook, Shaq, Nash and Harden

But pointing out his "single" season successes ignores the elephant in the room with Wade. Wade needed Lebron...Lebron didn't need Wade

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2023, 08:28 PM
I'm referring to the HOF blocks leader who did better in MVP voting than Wade ever did Alonzo Mourning.

I'm not saying Wade is a bad player, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the great shooting guards of all-time. And I got a lot more respect for him than Westbrook, Shaq, Nash and Harden

But pointing out his "single" season successes ignores the elephant in the room with Wade. Wade needed Lebron...Lebron didn't need Wade

he would have stayed in Cleveland if he didn't need Wade

hold this L
10-15-2023, 09:09 PM
OKC had no chance in that finals, regardless of the refs.

SATAN
10-16-2023, 02:05 AM
nineiron

Deranged Anti-LeBron Troll
This message is hidden because nineiron is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

:rockon:

bdonovan
10-16-2023, 05:18 AM

It's not clear those draft picks helped as much you imply.

Out of 3 #1 picks, the only true star was Kyrie Irving. Wiggins became effectively a role player in his time in the NBA. And all they really got from the Wiggins to Minnesota trade was Kevin Love- a good but not great player. Bennet, picked #1, was one of the biggest draft busts in history.

ShawkFactory
10-16-2023, 10:57 AM

Why? He was paying like 10 minutes a game by then.

8Ball
10-16-2023, 06:08 PM

That 2016 championship over a 73 win team, with his home town Cleveland team really hurts you deep down.

Jordan stans aren't coping too well. It's almost 10 years ago, let it go.

Full Court
10-16-2023, 06:09 PM
Jordan stans aren't coping too well.

Speaking of coping, this guy's been on a permanent bitch fit ever since LeShrivel got swept like a dirty chimney. :lol

That GOAT ship has looooooooooong sailed.