PDA

View Full Version : Celtics additions porzingis and holiday put them over the top

AirBonner
10-17-2023, 09:58 PM
They are already playing beautiful basketball. Very complimentary styles

red1
10-17-2023, 10:00 PM
deep team

conference finals between bucks celtics is going to be a war. bucks kept middleton and lopez so they're stacked too.

WhiteKyrie
10-17-2023, 10:33 PM
Conference Finals between them and the Bucks gonna be fire. As long as Himmy Butler doesn’t interrupt again

FultzNationRISE
10-17-2023, 10:37 PM
deep team

conference finals between bucks celtics is going to be a war. bucks kept middleton and lopez so they're stacked too.

Yeah, tho Miami is the one potential wildcard. They have a solid cache of assets, depending who's available at the deadline I feel like they're within reach of catching up to those teams with the right trade. For instance if Kawhi gets hurt again the Heat could be in the mix for PG etc.

Hell if AD gets hurt I think the Lakers have no choice but to send Lebron to Miami. And frankly I wouldnt even ask for anything back, I'd just say "Listen, keep your assets, Lebron is 39 years old, we're not trying to screw anyone over. Just take Lebron and we'll move on."

And because these Heat players have not won anything, I personally wouldnt even consider that a situation where Lebron has 'help.' I would actually argue joining Miami would be perhaps the hardest road he could take at this point, given their lack of achievement since he left.

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2023, 10:45 PM
Yeah, tho Miami is the one potential wildcard. They have a solid cache of assets, depending who's available at the deadline I feel like they're within reach of catching up to those teams with the right trade. For instance if Kawhi gets hurt again the Heat could be in the mix for PG etc.

Hell if AD gets hurt I think the Lakers have no choice but to send Lebron to Miami. And frankly I wouldnt even ask for anything back, I'd just say "Listen, keep your assets, Lebron is 39 years old, we're not trying to screw anyone over. Just take Lebron and we'll move on."

And because these Heat players have not won anything, I personally wouldnt even consider that a situation where Lebron has 'help.' I would actually argue joining Miami would be perhaps the hardest road he could take at this point, given their lack of achievement since he left.

if Davis gets hurt? :roll:

MMM
10-18-2023, 06:23 PM

Ive never seen star players get such clean looks over and over. They arent even working hard to get open. Even when they are in trouble seems like KP is open to bail them out

Axe
10-18-2023, 06:43 PM
I heard that grant williams is still the team flopper for the Cs. Is it true? :biggums:

Full Court
10-18-2023, 06:46 PM
I heard that grant williams is still the team flopper for the Cs. Is it true? :biggums:

^What a moron. :roll:

But then again, this is the same guy who didn't know who Jeff Lenchiner was. :confusedshrug:

Full Court
10-18-2023, 06:46 PM

They'll definitely be a contender. Have to see if they can get through without choking though.

Axe
10-18-2023, 07:20 PM
^^Meltdown. Braindead jizzrag always blaming somebody else for all of his low iq questions and statements whenever he gets mocked for mindlessly making them out of nowhere. :hammerhead:

Full Court
10-18-2023, 09:30 PM
^^Meltdown. Braindead jizzrag always blaming somebody else for all of his low iq questions and statements whenever he gets mocked for mindlessly making them out of nowhere. :hammerhead:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Forig14.deviantart.net%2Faf15%2Ff%2 F2009%2F096%2Fc%2F5%2Fautism_speaks_logo_by_sookie sooker.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5a9f345b070e2879fdcbf646055ec6b1f5b8139d968300 e6b4c369173ac24a08&ipo=images

Axe
10-18-2023, 09:57 PM
deep team

I agree with you red1. (https://i.ibb.co/SxWM8PC/IMG-20230805-073843.jpg)

Full Court
10-19-2023, 06:58 AM
Ive never seen star players get such clean looks over and over. They arent even working hard to get open. Even when they are in trouble seems like KP is open to bail them out

It won't be like that in the playoffs though.

Axe
10-19-2023, 07:19 AM
Conference Finals between them and the Bucks gonna be fire. As long as Himmy Butler doesn’t interrupt again
Any of those three could end up being the finalists in the east. Tho miami's been twice already in the last five years. (https://i.ibb.co/9sM1BRX/IMG-20230123-110228.jpg)

rawimpact
10-19-2023, 02:32 PM
I don't know about Prozingis, but Jrue really is a game changer... Does it make them better than the Bucks with their addition of Dame? Not sure, but they probably will be better from the go since the core is the same.

hold this L
10-19-2023, 03:01 PM

I just hope both teams are healthy.

Jasper
10-19-2023, 03:09 PM
I just hope both teams are healthy.

The only equation in the ECF's is who will guard Holiday ...

????????????????
Oup's A big Middleton !!!

Bucks in finals.

hold this L
10-19-2023, 03:11 PM

????????????????

Bucks in finals.

Holiday doesn't need to score, they have 3 other guys that will be looking for theirs. His job is to defend Dame and last time they played in the playoffs, he took Dame's soul.

tontoz
10-19-2023, 04:22 PM
KP was good for us. He definitely isnt a ball stopper. When he gets the ball he will do something quickly. I never got the impression that he was trying to force up shots to build up his numbers.

tontoz
10-19-2023, 04:24 PM

I hope this is some inept attempt at humor. Grant isn't on the team any more.

rawimpact
10-19-2023, 04:47 PM

Axe is one of the biggest idiots on this board, not sure what you expect from him.

Full Court
10-19-2023, 04:48 PM

:roll:

Axe
10-19-2023, 05:16 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?513913-Who-will-replace-Marcus-Smart-s-role-on-the-Celtics

There you go, uncle. Proof that i'm not the one who made that shit up. ;)

Axe
10-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Hurrr, i am a desperate and broke redneck hillbilly piece of shit who can't stop whining about random people in the internet because i am a true fan of cancel culture, durrr...
Lmfao get a life.

Full Court
10-19-2023, 05:19 PM
Axe is one of the biggest idiots on this board, not sure what you expect from him.

:roll:

Axe
10-19-2023, 05:20 PM
Williams plays for the Mavs now. :facepalm
:oldlol:

Wally450
10-19-2023, 05:34 PM

????????????????

Bucks in finals.

Who’s gonna guard Tatum?

Full Court
10-19-2023, 09:22 PM

:confusedshrug: It's true.

Axe
10-19-2023, 10:05 PM
Who’s gonna guard Tatum?
Probably middleton but just an obvious guess. (https://i.ibb.co/gDsySW3/IMG-20230603-203842.jpg)

MMM
10-20-2023, 10:39 AM
It won't be like that in the playoffs though.

Fair but i think theyve added to their scoring profile. Last season thry were too dependent on the 3 but by adding Jrue and Porzingis theyve added two players that can get a tough basket. Jrue in particular is an updrade over Smart in attacking the paint, getting to the line and scoring inside. While KP can post smaller mismatches and also get to the line.

The added variety should help them avoid letting the opposition go on extended runs. One thing that always stuck out to me was how prime Derrick Rose was a run stopper and i feel Tatum has to take a step here. It seems like Tatum is great at feeding off momentum when the Celtics are on a run but its time for him to get those tough 2s to stop a run. I feel this is his best chance to do it.

Full Court
10-20-2023, 10:22 PM
Who’s gonna guard Tatum?

Grant Williams. :roll:

90sgoat
10-21-2023, 08:22 AM
KP was good for us. He definitely isnt a ball stopper. When he gets the ball he will do something quickly. I never got the impression that he was trying to force up shots to build up his numbers.

He must have changed.

I don't think he is selfish but he definitely always has been a guy that likes to shoot as soon as he gets the ball.

I think what you mean might be that he can play in a system and will be happy to set it up, pass the ball there, but he's not a guy that will usually find a cutter or do give and go and that kind of think. He gets the ball and 9/10 it's going up.

90sgoat
10-21-2023, 08:25 AM
I don't know about Prozingis

Porzingis can win you quite a few playoff games on his own, he's that good when healthy and motivated.

He has that unique ability to block shots, run the floor and hit a trailing 3. Absolute menace when that happens.

Problem is his injuries which take him out many games and then having difficulty fitting in with the team after that, expecting to step right in an continue as first option.

I'm rooting for him, but his injuries will always be a concern.