PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lowe is reporting Patrick Williams is gonna ask for 200 million from the Bulls.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2023, 08:35 PM
10/4 “Maybe one day” Patrick Williams.

And what’s ****ed up is if he steps up to like 14/6 and plays good defense?

No. No I won’t speak it into existence.

I’ll just say the money getting thrown around has these role players acting uppity. And it’s only going up. I read this week that despite every single one of you agreeing with me that ESPN Content is mostly terrible….last year it generated more profit, than the entirety of Disney’s entertainment division, combined. ESPN is 16 billion in revenue and 3 billion profit. More profit than anything you associate with the name “Disney”.

Which is why live sports rights are the most important thing in all media…which is why the nba is gonna bend 3-4 corporate entities over the rail in this next deal…which is why 200 million might be within the realm of possibility for a good role player in a couple years.

I fully understand the economics of it, and why his agent would think that’s the place to begin negotiations. But just because I understand, it doesn’t mean I don’t get to scoff.

I retain scoffing rights.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2023, 08:45 PM
Having checked at the rate the cap increases….counting the “smoothing”…but not even being able to factor in the increase from the next rights deal?

Relative to the cap?

A 5 year deal at 40 million a year to get a 2028 role player 200 million?

It would be the same as Matt Geiger made to be a back up in 2001. It would be a good bit less than Mike Dunleavy money in 2011.

thinking it through his agent no doubt has people running the projections and knows the teams do as well. If he signs like a two year deal with a player option on the third year it’s not impossible we start seeing seventh men get $200 million. It was just such a weird thing to hear….

I still won’t accept it till I see it.

WhiteKyrie
10-20-2023, 08:56 PM
Ship him out. This is getting ridiculous. Don’t resign Demar and ship Lavine out for the full rebuild. Tired of being middle of the road. With talented good but not great players.

Real Men Wear Green
10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Setting aside the fact that I've never heard of this guy, why not ask for 200 mil if you can? Now on the flip side there's no reason for the Bulls not to laugh in his face. Counter offer 10 mil per our whatever is his real market value and if he's still demanding 40 mil per shake his hand, smile, and trade him to Houston.

Kblaze8855
10-20-2023, 09:24 PM
Setting aside the fact that I've never heard of this guy, why not ask for 200 mil if you can? Now on the flip side there's no reason for the Bulls not to laugh in his face. Counter offer 10 mil per our whatever is his real market value and if he's still demanding 40 mil per shake his hand, smile, and trade him to Houston.

He played in college with the guy on the spurs I asked if you ever heard of a week or two ago who got 150 million. Probably got salty at that and feels he’d be better if he didn’t have Lavine and Demar in the way. I expect him to take a lot of I’ll advised shots this year.

FilmyCogTurner
10-20-2023, 09:31 PM
200 million eh? Not with the Reinsdorfs owning the team. They couldn't be bothered to bring back the GOAT team because it was "too expensive".

FilmyCogTurner
10-20-2023, 09:37 PM
200 million eh? Not with the Reinsdorfs owning the team. They couldn't be bothered to bring back the GOAT team because it was "too expensive".

FilmyCogTurner
10-20-2023, 11:14 PM

WhiteKyrie
10-21-2023, 12:14 AM

Seriously …

And looked the greatest player of all time dead in the eye, the man who was criminally underpaid his entire career without a single complaint, and gave his franchise all of its massive upswing in financial value and said “ I’m going to regret doing this” After agreeing to pay Michael over $30 million dollars per season, his final few years in the league.

The guy is a joke, that’s why I don’t even think I can root for the Bulls or the White Sox. Besides, lucking into D-Rose, drafting Jimmy but not keeping him , and adding a quality player in DeMar DeRozan acquisition, albeit way too late … franchise has been total dogshit.

I remember when they refuse to part with Luol Deng in order to get Kobe Bryant in the summer of 2007, who was begging to come to Chicago. House hunting and everything.

Jerry Reinsdorf is just a very lucky rich but disgustingly stingy, and totally stupid man when it comes to his sports franchises

Full Court
10-21-2023, 09:25 AM

He was the fourth pick in 2020. Huge prospect for the Bulls, and has ended up being a huge disappointment.

FireDavidKahn
10-21-2023, 12:13 PM
I'll be asking for $200 million as well.

Wish me luck.

Xiao Yao You
10-21-2023, 12:43 PM
I'll be asking for $200 million as well.

Wish me luck.

I'll settle for the minimum

Axe
10-21-2023, 12:56 PM
He probably knew that some can be tall and stiff then have $205m over five years at the same time. :confusedshrug: