PDA

View Full Version : Lakers versus Nuggets and suns versus warriors opening night on Tuesday.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2023, 11:32 AM
Kind of snuck up on me. I thought we had another couple weeks. It’ll be on TNT. Tuesday is the big TNT day now instead of Thursday if you hadn’t noticed. The NBA bent the knee to the NFL and tries to duck Thursday night football even though the games are always terrible.

Real Men Wear Green
10-22-2023, 11:34 AM
Nuggets by 10. Suns by 3.

Xiao Yao You
10-22-2023, 11:55 AM
Kind of snuck up on me. I thought we had another couple weeks. It’ll be on TNT. Tuesday is the big TNT day now instead of Thursday if you hadn’t noticed. The NBA bent the knee to the NFL and tries to duck Thursday night football even though the games are always terrible.

If Tuesday is still when most teams play and Thursday is a light night than it makes a lot of sense. When Davis and Lebron aren't playing they may be able to change the game to something worth watching for a change

Wardell Curry
10-22-2023, 12:04 PM
Wembanyama should be headlining opening day. The league hasn't had a prospect of realistically ending up top 5 all time since LeBron James. This guy looks like he'll be it for the next 20-30 years until the next one. Not saying he will end up top 5. Saying he's the last one since LeBron, Shaq, Jordan and before that, that has had a shot at that level of prestige.

Tim Duncan might actually be the GOAT, but that's for another thread, and his type of stardom was not what had people tuning in to watch. Wembanyama is not your prototypical megastar because he's a big man but he does have a 'wow' factor.

eliteballer
10-22-2023, 01:43 PM
Season is longer now (in time, not games) since they tried to make a concerted effort to eliminate back to backs isn't it?

Xiao Yao You
10-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Season is longer now (in time, not games) since they tried to make a concerted effort to eliminate back to backs isn't it?

yep while they backtrack and say load management doesn't help