PDA

View Full Version : I'm not saying this to be contrarian, I honestly believe...

FultzNationRISE
10-24-2023, 02:01 PM
The Celtics biggest weaknesses are now Tatum and Brown.

Because the more all around talent you have on a roster, the less important ball stoppers become. In fact the more of a liability they become. When you have Marc Smart and Rob Williams on the floor, yes you need some guys who can go score the basketball.

But a core of White, Jrue, Big Al and Pingis (Henceforth known as Big/Pingis) is on its own a perfectly complementary core of two-way veteran basketball. That alone is a contending core right there without even counting the two highest paid players.

Now if you were to add MOST other team's top two highest paid players (Joker/Murray, Lebron/AD, Giannis/Dame, Ant/KAT, Kawhi/PG, Butler/Bam, Doncic/Irving, Booker/KD etc etc etc) they would be beyond a super team, theyd be a supreme team. There would be no guessing as to who will win the chip. It'd be a foregone conclusion.

I think this pretty obviously speaks to what Tatum and Brown's real value is, versus the perception theyve been sort of elevated to recently because of regular season numbers and team playoff success. The fact the Celtics are NOT considered a foregone obvious no doubt championship team. These two are not in that 'top top level.' It's that simple. And if they try to play like they are, it could actually be the Celtic's undoing.

The good thing for the C's is Stevens clearly has the balls to trade one of them if he has to. It'll be interesting to see how the season unfolds for them. I really believe the Celtics would benefit from trading one of them for more depth. I think it would present a clear, objective upgrade to the team's overall chances. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

tpols
10-24-2023, 02:09 PM
I mean I agree but the biggest thing they're missing is the size and strength and toughness and ferocity and intelligence and wisdom and skill and leadership and dedication and charisma and beauty of LeGOAT.

FultzNationRISE
10-24-2023, 02:12 PM
I mean I agree but the biggest thing they're missing is the size and strength and toughness and ferocity and intelligence and wisdom and skill and leadership and dedication and charisma and beauty of LeGOAT.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ed/ed1028611afa222e209688200d2c94b0a8b52b3757d0c674ff 6104e313295c3e.jpg

Full Court
10-24-2023, 06:46 PM
I think OP's clever nickname of Big Pingis should stick and become widespread. Kudos, OP.

ILLsmak
10-24-2023, 07:42 PM
Tatum is mad overrated. If he can get his nuts on right, they can legit win a ring. If he doesn't play like one of the best players in the NBA, they are food as usual. It's hard to believe in dookies, but I mean... I guess it'd be cool to see it. Brown would follow, too, ezez. It would work, but yeah, not to put it all on Tatum, but he's the guy who really can make the jump. He gets way too hype for what he's done already (jack shit imo) and if he can be the best player or equal in most series, they will win. I have a feeling HE WON'T as usual. RIP.

Once he's a solid 30 guy in the playoffs, like 30 30 30 30 30 then that'll be it. Did he even get 30 in ONE GAME in the Finals? Brown has to force it when Tatum isn't on. It'll be interesting to see if he can really lead them. Obviously since they have more scoring, the number 30 is not as important, but he needs to be 'that guy.' He can't come out shitting.

-Smak

Wally450
10-24-2023, 09:53 PM
This team goes as Tatum and Brown go.

Jasper
10-24-2023, 10:24 PM
The Celtics biggest weaknesses are now Tatum and Brown.

Because the more all around talent you have on a roster, the less important ball stoppers become. In fact the more of a liability they become. When you have Marc Smart and Rob Williams on the floor, yes you need some guys who can go score the basketball.

But a core of White, Jrue, Big Al and Pingis (Henceforth known as Big/Pingis) is on its own a perfectly complementary core of two-way veteran basketball. That alone is a contending core right there without even counting the two highest paid players.

Now if you were to add MOST other team's top two highest paid players (Joker/Murray, Lebron/AD, Giannis/Dame, Ant/KAT, Kawhi/PG, Butler/Bam, Doncic/Irving, Booker/KD etc etc etc) they would be beyond a super team, theyd be a supreme team. There would be no guessing as to who will win the chip. It'd be a foregone conclusion.

I think this pretty obviously speaks to what Tatum and Brown's real value is, versus the perception theyve been sort of elevated to recently because of regular season numbers and team playoff success. The fact the Celtics are NOT considered a foregone obvious no doubt championship team. These two are not in that 'top top level.' It's that simple. And if they try to play like they are, it could actually be the Celtic's undoing.

The good thing for the C's is Stevens clearly has the balls to trade one of them if he has to. It'll be interesting to see how the season unfolds for them. I really believe the Celtics would benefit from trading one of them for more depth. I think it would present a clear, objective upgrade to the team's overall chances. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

FYI - Boston is not as deep as Milwaukee.

FultzNationRISE
10-24-2023, 11:27 PM

Yeah but my point is I dont think thats a good thing. Theyre obviously not bad playoff performers but theyre not great either. Theyve never done what Book did last season, or Joker, or what Doncic did the year before, or what KDs done, or Bubble Murray, or god forbid Lebron. Theyve had some good series feasting on weaker East teams but theyre not consistent playoff studs.

I already seen in the preseason highlights MULTIPLE plays where Tatum tries to set his defender up to give him that “kobe iso work”, and he literally had the ball ripped both times and it went for two at the other end. He cant be doin that when it matters now. Not when they have a legitimate offense by moving the ball.

Between him and Brown finishing last season’s playoff run with a turnover avalanche, the Celtics need to take the ball out of these dudes hands when it matters or theyre just ruining this great roster. Those guys need to be finishing plays. Either shoot from outside or get to the rim on a cut. Having these two go out there and try to be Kobe will ruin everything.

Airupthere
10-24-2023, 11:36 PM

Which is not to be champions, just happy being contenders.

Wally450
10-25-2023, 09:34 PM
Which is not to be champions, just happy being contenders.

Both players haven't even hit their primes and they've accomplished this much.