PDA

View Full Version : Maxey and Oubre on the cusp

hateraid
10-27-2023, 12:12 PM
These two are just about to figure shit out and go on a tear. Embiid needs to change his attitude and accept this new core. Maxey and Oubre can flat out punish you in so many ways. If we can can a Swiss Arrmy post defender (level up Tucker) like Mobley this team can be back at elite status. Harden putting smoke on the new process

ralph_i_el
10-27-2023, 12:17 PM
Oubre sucks. Too bad at team basketball to have a positive impact in the playoffs. This dude just does not pass the ball whatsoever, and he isn't nearly a good enough scorer to have a positive impact while ignoring the other 4 guys on the court.

hateraid
10-27-2023, 12:35 PM
Oubre sucks. Too bad at team basketball to have a positive impact in the playoffs. This dude just does not pass the ball whatsoever, and he isn't nearly a good enough scorer to have a positive impact while ignoring the other 4 guys on the court.

We've had that experience with Tobias. Oubre however has a bigger bag and infuses a ton of positivity. Something to uplift us through the Harden drama

warriorfan
10-27-2023, 12:38 PM
We've had that experience with Tobias. Oubre however has a bigger bag and infuses a ton of positivity. Something to uplift us through the Harden drama

Oubre uplifting? Jeez, things must be bad out there.

ralph_i_el
10-27-2023, 12:43 PM

>Oubre
>Bigger bag than Harris

wtf? Did Oubre learn to do something other than "Shoot lazy midrange J that no one respects" off the dribble?

hateraid
10-27-2023, 03:12 PM
>Oubre
>Bigger bag than Harris

wtf? Did Oubre learn to do something other than "Shoot lazy midrange J that no one respects" off the dribble?

You just described Harris.

And yes he had a bigger bag.

Full Court
10-27-2023, 03:36 PM
By this time next year, people will be saying that Oubre > Klay Thompson.

tontoz
10-27-2023, 06:09 PM
Oubre used to have some of the most brain dead drives I've ever seen in the league. As long as he sticks to open 3s and straight line drives he should be ok. Anything more than that can be trouble.

fourkicks44
10-27-2023, 07:04 PM
If Oubre can replicate last night's performance on a regular basis that will flip some scripts.

Axe
10-27-2023, 07:10 PM
Oubre sucked on the worst-owned franchise in charlotte.

Jasper
10-27-2023, 07:25 PM
These two are just about to figure shit out and go on a tear. Embiid needs to change his attitude and accept this new core. Maxey and Oubre can flat out punish you in so many ways. If we can can a Swiss Arrmy post defender (level up Tucker) like Mobley this team can be back at elite status. Harden putting smoke on the new process

I said three years ago Maxey was the real deal... he has a motor
Oubre was a real pickup from Char. - he can score for sure

Jasper
10-27-2023, 07:25 PM
Oubre sucked on the worst-owned franchise in charlotte.

did not watch him then.

Xiao Yao You
10-27-2023, 07:26 PM
did not watch him then.

neither did the bot

hateraid
10-27-2023, 07:50 PM
If Oubre can replicate last night's performance on a regular basis that will flip some scripts.

Just on his energy alone. I like his vibe. Same with Pat Bev. He's a dog. They both suit Philly

Axe
10-27-2023, 08:05 PM
neither did the bot
Don't follow me too much, mah bitch.

hateraid
10-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Maxey breaking out as Embiid's Kobe. Nurse unleashed that horsepower.

3ba11
10-29-2023, 12:03 PM
Everyone laughed when I noted Oubre's potential and claimed he was going to break out - I was obviously right.. again.. just ahead of schedule as usual (always seeing everything ahead of time.. always)

Carry on

Im Still Ballin
10-29-2023, 12:03 PM
Maxey breaking out as Embiid's Kobe. Nurse unleashed that horsepower.

This is the benefit of Harden not playing. Tyrese taking that next step and becoming something more. Now if only Philly could trade Harden for a bunch of good rotation players.

hateraid
10-29-2023, 01:31 PM
Everyone laughed when I noted Oubre's potential and claimed he was going to break out - I was obviously right.. again.. just ahead of schedule as usual (always seeing everything ahead of time.. always)

Carry on

Having one decent take over the dozens of awful takes doesn't make you an expert. You get laughed at because you're an imbecile

hateraid
10-29-2023, 01:35 PM
This is the benefit of Harden not playing. Tyrese taking that next step and becoming something more. Now if only Philly could trade Harden for a bunch of good rotation players.

I say send him to Houston and get Jabari Smith, Van Vleet, and picks.

Houston likes Sengun, Van Vleet fills contract, and Jabari can develop under Embiid.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 01:41 PM
I say send him to Houston and get Jabari Smith, Van Vleet, and picks.

Houston likes Sengun, Van Vleet fills contract, and Jabari can develop under Embiid.

Rockets chose Van Fleet over Harden and now they are throwing in picks and Jabari for him? :facepalm

hateraid
10-29-2023, 02:15 PM
Rockets chose Van Fleet over Harden and now they are throwing in picks and Jabari for him? :facepalm

How did they have a choice with Harden? Van Vleet was a free agent.

HylianNightmare
10-29-2023, 02:17 PM
Both of them should offset harden being a pouty prima dona

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 02:43 PM
How did they have a choice with Harden? Van Vleet was a free agent.

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/rockets-reason-choosing-vanvleet-over-76ers-harden-revealed

"Nothing against James," Udoka told ESPN, "but Fred is just a better fit. I coached James in Brooklyn. He's one of the smartest players I've ever been around. The words 'Ime doesn't want James' never came out of my mouth. It was, 'Let's look at the best fit.' If we want Jalen and the young guys to take the next steps, we need them to have the ball. As for me saying I don't want James, that was never the case. It was about fit."

Axe
10-29-2023, 02:52 PM
Having one decent take over the dozens of awful takes doesn't make you an expert. You get laughed at because you're an imbecile
:lol

Can't forget his retarded disciple (you-know-who) used to deepthroat him when 3ball himself said that oubre jr. is better than klay thompson.

Full Court
10-29-2023, 04:13 PM
By this time next year, people will be saying that Oubre > Klay Thompson.

:lol

Can't forget his retarded disciple (you-know-who) used to deepthroat him when 3ball himself said that oubre jr. is better than klay thompson.

And that's how easy it is to send this autistic idiot into a bitch fit. :roll:

What a loser.

Full Court
10-29-2023, 05:28 PM

Carry on

Once again, 3ball ends up being spot on. :applause:

3ball -378, Bronies - 0.

Axe
10-29-2023, 05:30 PM

Carry on
Stfu, mr. macfarlane.. (https://i.ibb.co/gDsySW3/IMG-20230603-203842.jpg)

fourkicks44
10-29-2023, 06:24 PM
Morey is monitoring the Chicago situation closely, while praying they and the Clippers keep losing. Bulls might want what the Clippers are offering for Harden.

Tell me if you think this line-up is a contender or is still a step behind the real contenders (Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, Phoenix)

Starters

5- Embiid
4- Harris
3- Derozan
2- Melton
1- Maxey

Bench

Oubre
Reed
Tucker
Beverly

Extra Depth

Green
Springer
House
Korkmaz

Full Court
10-29-2023, 07:54 PM
Morey is monitoring the Chicago situation closely, while praying they and the Clippers keep losing. Bulls might want what the Clippers are offering for Harden.

Tell me if you think this line-up is a contender or is still a step behind the real contenders (Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, Phoenix)

Starters

5- Embiid
4- Harris
3- Derozan
2- Melton
1- Maxey

Bench

Oubre
Reed
Tucker
Beverly

Extra Depth

Green
Springer
House
Korkmaz

Nah, we don't need Harden. That dude will suck the life out of any team he ends up on.

fourkicks44
10-29-2023, 08:02 PM
Nah, we don't need Harden. That dude will suck the life out of any team he ends up on.

Sorry man. I don't think my post made it clear, but I assume the Bulls look to blow it up and get draft picks plus Mann from the Clippers, Clippers get Harden and Sixers get Derozan in a three team deal.

Possibly need some expirings in the mix, and the Bulls can flip Mann for more picks.

All assuming the Bulls blow it up or try to get younger and the Clippers get more desperate watching their season slip away.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 08:08 PM
Sorry man. I don't think my post made it clear, but I assume the Bulls look to blow it up and get draft picks plus Mann from the Clippers, Clippers get Harden and Sixers get Derozan in a three team deal.

Possibly need some expirings in the mix, and the Bulls can flip Mann for more picks.

All assuming the Bulls blow it up or try to get younger and the Clippers get more desperate watching their season slip away.

Clippers don't want to give up Mann or Harden would already be on the Clippers

hateraid
10-29-2023, 08:20 PM

Other way around. We don't want Mann. PG was the desired asset

They offered Mann, Norman Powell, and pick and it was turned down

fourkicks44
10-29-2023, 08:23 PM

Yeah but if the start out 2-8 is Lawrence Frank still going to value him like an MVP candidate when Uncle Dennis comes knocking?

The longer the season goes on Morey gets more power in the negotiation, not less, especially if the Clippers don't live up to their own expectations.

Mann is injured also. Harden is on the bench right now and is set to play next game against Toronto. If he plays well the Clippers need to be mindful of what happened to the Heat in the Dame situation, if they are not already. Pluss if the Bulls want in, maybe the get desperate enough they don't even need Mann in a deal.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 08:29 PM
Yeah but if the start out 2-8 is Lawrence Frank still going to value him like an MVP candidate when Uncle Dennis comes knocking?

The longer the season goes on Morey gets more power in the negotiation, not less, especially if the Clippers don't live up to their own expectations.

Mann is injured also. Harden is on the bench right now and is set to play next game against Toronto. If he plays well the Clippers need to be mindful of what happened to the Heat in the Dame situation, if they are not already. Pluss if the Bulls want in, maybe the get desperate enough they don't even need Mann in a deal.

When Kawhi and George go down they aren't going to want Harden

Full Court
10-29-2023, 08:55 PM
When Kawhi and George go down they aren't going to want Harden

I can't imagine anyone wanting Harden right now....except for maybe the Wizards. I mean, they have nowhere to go but up.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 09:01 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting Harden right now....except for maybe the Wizards. I mean, they have nowhere to go but up.

Think only Clippers, China and Puerto Rico have any interest. Maybe Taiwan?

hateraid
10-31-2023, 11:38 PM
It's...about...to go...down

hateraid
11-04-2023, 04:37 PM
Oubre is fully acclimated.

They rollin now

fourkicks44
11-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Oubre is fully acclimated.

They rollin now

He is inside the top 15 for PER this season and climbing.

It's a rebirth.

Not sure how long it will last he has to come back to earth a little at some point, but right now he unbelievable.

He is on the verge of cult status I feel.

hateraid
11-04-2023, 05:03 PM
He is inside the top 15 for PER this season and climbing.

It's a rebirth.

Not sure how long it will last he has to come back to earth a little at some point, but right now he unbelievable.

He is on the verge of cult status I feel.

He brings that good energy. He allows Maxey to be Maxey and gets that high tempo game going.

I'd like us to go get Desmond Bane. He'd suit the culture here

GOBB
11-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Oubre been a surprise. Hopefully it lasts. Not holding my breath at all. Maxey is the truth and if he can find ways to get to the charity stripe? Even better. I’m talking 6-7 Fta per game. Probably the best Sixers find in a very long time. I can’t think offhand if someone as good in last drafts.

Is Kenyon Jr any good potential wise?

fourkicks44
11-04-2023, 10:59 PM
I foresee Oubre having another great game against the Wizards on Monday making everyone finally believe he is for real and then on Wednesday against Celtics have a stinker and shoot them out the game in another embarrassing loss.

Is Kenyon Jr any good potential wise?

He was promising in Houston, but they drafted better rookies that played similar roles hence why he found his way to LA. The Clippers moved him on pretty quick so it's tough to say how much better he will be or if Nurse will put him in the rotation. I think Morey may even flip him again.

tontoz
11-04-2023, 11:04 PM
Oubre's best season from 3 is 35%. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Maxey is a beast though.

Axe
11-04-2023, 11:27 PM
Poor oubre jr. still getting made fun of for not making the playoffs with the warriors two years ago. :(

GOBB
11-05-2023, 12:28 AM
He was promising in Houston, but they drafted better rookies that played similar roles hence why he found his way to LA. The Clippers moved him on pretty quick so it's tough to say how much better he will be or if Nurse will put him in the rotation. I think Morey may even flip him again.

So to answer my question he doesnÂ’t have much potential?

fsvr54
11-05-2023, 01:26 AM

He's a solid bench player. Nothing more, nothing less. Good enough piece to round out the end of a rotation

hateraid
11-05-2023, 06:24 AM

He's Athletic. Defensive depth. Or a key piece to trade for another 3D. A good package piece.

tontoz
11-05-2023, 09:51 AM
Poor oubre jr. still getting made fun of for not making the playoffs with the warriors two years ago. :(

You just had to mention the warriors because they live rent free in your head.:lol

Last season with the Hornets Oubre attempted 7 3s per game shooting 32%. I think that is more relevant to the discussion.

Axe
11-05-2023, 01:44 PM
^^Idk uncle, i think there's nothing wrong with saying the truth. :confusedshrug:

Charlie Sheen
11-05-2023, 02:43 PM

Depends what you are asking.

Potential to break out? No. He is not going to break out as a defensive ace or find an outside shot this season.

Potential to be a useful player? Yeah. I look at this like the Lakers picking up Rui last year. KJ does not have to break out to add value to the 76ers. He adds another dimension with his finishing that gives Nurse options by playing matchups or the hot hand.