PDA

View Full Version : Wemby Highlights vs. Houston - 21 PTS, 12 REB, 2 STL & 3 BLK

Im Still Ballin
10-27-2023, 11:08 PM
I'm liking my 7'5" Anthony Davis comparison. Less threes, more attacking the paint! Just needs his teammates to actually find him when he's there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypnEGQU5QxU

Im Still Ballin
10-27-2023, 11:15 PM
Because of plays like this, I'm confident in my DPOY prediction. He's going to have a wicked highlight reel and the raw stats; just needs the team performance and narrative. That defensive possession reminds me of Anthony Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFFlbUfjTk

red1
10-27-2023, 11:16 PM
kid should be an allstar first season

they need to allow it

Xiao Yao You
10-27-2023, 11:23 PM
kid should be an allstar first season

they need to allow it

needs to earn it. Spurs won't win enough

red1
10-27-2023, 11:28 PM
needs to earn it. Spurs won't win enough

he's incredible

already box-office from game 1

he's going to make the NBA a lot of money :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-27-2023, 11:32 PM
he's incredible

already box-office from game 1

he's going to make the NBA a lot of money :oldlol:

which should have nothing to do with being an all star. Best 24 players

red1
10-27-2023, 11:36 PM

he'd make that cut.

you're making my point for me!

Xiao Yao You
10-27-2023, 11:38 PM
he'd make that cut.

you're making my point for me!

Spurs will win games?

highwhey
10-28-2023, 12:51 AM
so the spurs getting wemby was totally rigged right?

Spurs m8
10-28-2023, 01:33 AM
The double double
The reverse alley oop on the run
The 2 blocks in 5 seconds
The clutch game tying shot

And you can tell him and the team haven't even started gelling yet.

But he's showing the flashes that are going to become normal....2 games in.

Man what an entertaining guy and team this is gonna be...with a nice young core to build with

FultzNationRISE
10-28-2023, 01:40 AM
The double double
The reverse alley oop on the run
The 2 blocks in 5 seconds
The clutch game tying shot

And you can tell him and the team haven't even started gelling yet.

But he's showing the flashes that are going to become normal....2 games in.

Man what an entertaining guy and team this is gonna be...with a nice young core to build with

Nah outside of Yama the Spurs do not look exceptionally talented.

Sorry chief.

But thats alright, you can still change your name to Wembanya_m8

Spurs m8
10-28-2023, 02:19 AM
Nah outside of Yama the Spurs do not look exceptionally talented.

Sorry chief.

But thats alright, you can still change your name to Wembanya_m8

Vessell is growing a lot, scored 23 and 25 in the two games.

Sochan is only second year and will be a great ball handler and defensive player.

Johnson wasn't born to lead a team but after doing it last season he now has some great experience and is a fantastic third option.

They all compliment each other fairly well and are ages 19, 20, 23 and 24.

Watch out, big guy

bison
10-28-2023, 03:43 AM
Vessell is growing a lot, scored 23 and 25 in the two games.

Sochan is only second year and will be a great ball handler and defensive player.

Johnson wasn't born to lead a team but after doing it last season he now has some great experience and is a fantastic third option.

They all compliment each other fairly well and are ages 19, 20, 23 and 24.

Watch out, big guy

:rockon:

Intelligent fans know…

meat
10-28-2023, 05:45 AM
He let Sengun go 25/14/7 though?

Carbine
10-28-2023, 06:23 AM
He let Sengun go 25/14/7 though?

He didn't guard Sengun.

Phoenix
10-28-2023, 06:26 AM

If last nights statline ends up mirroring what his season stats will be come all-star voting, he'll be in. Might even get voted as a starter. The entire basketball world has their eyes on this dude.

Kblaze8855
10-28-2023, 07:22 AM

It has everything to do with being an all star and it always has. But he’s somewhat likely to earn it a straight up. Though no longer having designated center spots makes it harder. Jokic would be the only obvious pick over him in the west under the old system but now he has all frontcourt players to deal with.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2023, 08:23 AM
It has everything to do with being an all star and it always has. But he’s somewhat likely to earn it a straight up. Though no longer having designated center spots makes it harder. Jokic would be the only obvious pick over him in the west under the old system but now he has all frontcourt players to deal with.

winning has had a part in it as well. Are the Spurs going to win games?

999Guy
10-28-2023, 01:46 PM
This dude could live at the line if he wants to. Holy **** he actually has a nasty first step from triple threat.

Sky's the limit physically and skill-wise. GOAT's tend to separate themselves mentally just as much as physically though.

I gotta watch full games of this guy and really see what he is about mentally. I want him to be defensive-minded. Liking defense at least as much as offense and scoring. That would be a good start.

Phoenix
10-28-2023, 01:58 PM
From what I've seen so far he seems pretty poised but he hasn't been in any high stakes pressure cookers yet( like the playoffs). But yeah, the drive to be the best every night is what separates you because a number of players have had 'GOAT' talent but not the intangibles. What I don't get is dude is 7'4 with an 8 foot wingspan, I would be lobbing it at the rim every other play because he'll either finish it or get fouled someone trying to intercept it.

meat
10-28-2023, 02:04 PM
He didn't guard Sengun.

Maybe he should have? ESPN hype machine had them both listed as center. I admit I didn't watch.

warriorfan
10-28-2023, 02:43 PM
From what I've seen so far he seems pretty poised but he hasn't been in any high stakes pressure cookers yet( like the playoffs). But yeah, the drive to be the best every night is what separates you because a number of players have had 'GOAT' talent but not the intangibles. What I don't get is dude is 7'4 with an 8 foot wingspan, I would be lobbing it at the rim every other play because he'll either finish it or get fouled someone trying to intercept it.

I would be careful with that approach as of now. He will inevitably be seeing bigger guys playing more and more physical down there the more he forces it. Don’t wanna run him into the ground. Let him work on his all around game and grow into his body. There might be a time and place for that in the future but now is not the time.

RRR3
10-28-2023, 05:37 PM
Maybe he should have? ESPN hype machine had them both listed as center. I admit I didn't watch.
Sengun is a beefy and physical post player, not a great matchup for someone that skinny in terms of guarding one-on-one. Wemby's help defense is what is really scary.

oldtimer28
10-29-2023, 05:26 AM
Why didn't his tip jam count? Even after the challenge showed it was not offensive goaltending!

Phoenix
10-29-2023, 10:29 AM
I would be careful with that approach as of now. He will inevitably be seeing bigger guys playing more and more physical down there the more he forces it. Don’t wanna run him into the ground. Let him work on his all around game and grow into his body. There might be a time and place for that in the future but now is not the time.

The league limits the amount of physicality you can really employ in todays game though. Theres only a handful of guys in the entire league who can actually matchup either with height( but lack the athleticism/mobility), or have the strength/athleticism( like Giannis) but not quite the height.

warriorfan
10-29-2023, 11:11 AM
The league limits the amount of physicality you can really employ in todays game though. Theres only a handful of guys in the entire league who can actually matchup either with height( but lack the athleticism/mobility), or have the strength/athleticism( like Giannis) but not quite the height.

If you tried to run that play over and over it would be a matter of time before someone “accidentally” dislodges him in the air and the rest will be history.

Running him into the ground sending him into heavy traffic non stop for alley oops won’t have a good outcome. I’m a few years when he gets stronger and hes deep in the playoffs he can try to pull off some of Giannis’ Finals Game Six stuff.