PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Joel Embiid is thinking

Street Hunger
10-28-2023, 06:32 PM
It's years and years into the Sixers process rebuild thing, and Joel Embiid finds himself alongside a few very good players but with James Harden wanting out. The Sixers had one of the best records in the league last season. So theoretically they should be just as good this year almost. Maybe. Depending on what happens with Harden.

What do you think Embiid thinks about what James Harden is doing and about how legit a contender his team is if they get nothing for Harden

FultzNationRISE
10-28-2023, 06:45 PM
Embiid plays for individual acclaim, as evidenced by his annual public campaigning for MVP.

He doesnt seem to care if they win of not, as evidenced by his own lack of intensity when the going gets tough in the playoffs.

elementally morale
10-28-2023, 06:52 PM
Being filthy rich in the US is a lot better than being piss poor in Cameroon.

elementally morale
10-28-2023, 07:04 PM
As for the thread: I find it hard to believe anyone missing playing with Harden. I know it's about earning money and winning. But with Harden you'll not win more and you won't earn more. Plus it is not much fun, at least not on the court. Over the years I was playing I had some individually talented ball stoppers on my team. Okay, we didn't earn any money whatsoever but games were a lot less fun. I was actually happy when they got injured or sick. I don't see the 76ers as a threat with or without Harden this year.

fourkicks44
10-28-2023, 07:14 PM
A lot of cold hard truths here in this thread.

I will say one thing tho, which ties in what has been raised here. With all the speculation about him wanting out and going to the Knics etc.

It really doesn't fit his MO. He is the kind of guy content to be where he is, with the familiarity and security he has and be settled with his family.

Any trade to another is also going to be a gamble on success anyway. I feel like it's a gamble he probably isn't going to make when weighing up his life choices.

HylianNightmare
10-28-2023, 08:40 PM
Probably happier with harden out

SouBeachTalents
10-28-2023, 10:10 PM
It's years and years into the Sixers process rebuild thing, and Joel Embiid finds himself alongside a few very good players but with James Harden wanting out. The Sixers had one of the best records in the league last season. So theoretically they should be just as good this year almost. Maybe. Depending on what happens with Harden.

What do you think Embiid thinks about what James Harden is doing and about how legit a contender his team is if they get nothing for Harden
OP always asking the hard hitting questions.

bison
10-28-2023, 11:38 PM
Maxey FLOURISHING without harden. Oubre has stepped up too. Both players easily fill hardens niche. Morey should just take the clippers deal at this point and add roster depth behind the big two of embiid and maxey

jlip
10-29-2023, 12:09 AM
I wonder what teams see as Harden's value at this stage of his career. Other than being traded out of OKC, he has basically forced himself out of every franchise since then showing an unwillingness to play or give effort when he was upset. Has he reached the point where regardless as to if he can still dominate or not that teams are thinking that he's simply not worth the risk?

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2023, 12:14 AM
Tyrese Maxey > James Harden
That's what he's thinking and that's what the world is thinking too.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 12:20 AM
I wonder what teams see as Harden's value at this stage of his career. Other than being traded out of OKC, he has basically forced himself out of every franchise since then showing an unwillingness to play or give effort when he was upset. Has he reached the point where regardless as to if he can still dominate or not that teams are thinking that he's simply not worth the risk?

yet Kyrie keeps getting paid :facepalm

John8204
10-29-2023, 12:52 AM
He's likely very happy because he'll never get blamed for this s-show.