PDA

View Full Version : Chet Holmgren has GOAT Potential too!

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2023, 02:31 AM
He's been kicking Wemby's ass for a while now.

He has the potential to become the greatest rim protector ever. He can shoot the three, he can post up, midrange game is also there. If it wasn't for SGA he could've been the first option, like Wemby.

Enough of Wemby

bdonovan
10-29-2023, 07:01 AM
Pretty impressive 3.5 blk/game and 3 point shooting %. 2 games in, guess we'll see if he can keep it up.

FultzNationRISE
10-29-2023, 12:11 PM
Holmgren is much more of a natural hooper, Yama I think had to work harder to get good at basketball, and to his credit he did.

Chet feels similar to Durant when he came into the league, but with a better handle/playmaking already. So obviously thats pretty high potential.

Yama has the unprecedented length, so he’ll have to play closer to the basket more if he wants to dominate IMO. If he plays on the perimeter he’ll be capable of some things that are amazing at his size, but he wont dominate out there because the height is less important and he doesnt have a dominant perimeter skill set, even tho he’s developed a solid one. He’s gotta go Wilt mode and constantly out reach everyone on tip ins and rebounds. His midrange etc will be a nice bonus.

Full Court
10-29-2023, 12:34 PM
I'll bet Holmgren leads OKC to somewhere in the range of 4th - 6th seed this year.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 12:35 PM
I'll bet Holmgren leads OKC to somewhere in the range of 4th - 6th seed this year.

leads as a role player?

BarberSchool
10-29-2023, 12:57 PM
Interested to see how well Shai & Chet mesh, with players like Dort, Williams, and Giddey, this season. OKC is still growing, but should be really great to watch later this season.

Axe
10-29-2023, 02:45 PM
leads as a role player?
https://media.tenor.com/ZQ6SDX4dBEUAAAAC/coppercab.gif

beasted
10-29-2023, 03:27 PM
leads as a role player?
Reminds me of another defensive role player that you used to credit way too highly.

MrFonzworth
10-29-2023, 03:55 PM
Add Detroit to the list of 10+ teams OP is a fan of

Nanners
10-29-2023, 03:57 PM
:roll:

How hilarious would it be if the GOAT in the sport of basketball was a white guy named "Chet"?

I wish him nothing but the best

Full Court
10-29-2023, 04:15 PM

How hilarious would it be if the GOAT in the sport of basketball was a white guy named "Chet"?

I've always wondered what kind of person would name their kid "Chet."

But yeah, he's going to be a beast for sure.

FultzNationRISE
10-29-2023, 04:38 PM
Jokic makin a meal of him rn, 22/9 in the first half on 70%.

Ofc The Polar Bear does that to everyone.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2023, 04:38 PM
Reminds me of another defensive role player that you used to credit way too highly.

not sure how it would remind you of him? Holmgren is joining a good team while Gobert made a crappy team good :facepalm

Micku
10-29-2023, 04:44 PM
Jokic makin a meal of him rn, 22/9 in the first half on 70%.

Ofc The Polar Bear does that to everyone.

There's no stopping Jokic. Jokic gets what he wants. Just hope he miss.

But Chet isn't doing bad himself. 17 pts on 63% shooting. He's looking nice if he keep it up.

Street Hunger
11-02-2023, 05:55 PM
He really is damn good considering he's 8 ft tall and weighs 120 lb

k0kakw0rld
11-02-2023, 06:21 PM

Victor is even weirder :roll:

ShawkFactory
11-02-2023, 06:30 PM

With Chet and now Cooper coming up? Yikes :lol

HylianNightmare
11-02-2023, 06:44 PM
Regretting bancheroa already

SATAN
11-02-2023, 06:47 PM
Do you actually think Chet has GOAT potential or is this to take stabs at Wemby?

Because I don't see any GOAT potential at all in Chet, although he is a good player so far.

Dbrog
11-02-2023, 07:54 PM
Chet feels similar to Durant when he came into the league, but with a better handle/playmaking already. So obviously thats pretty high potential.

God damn dude...I mean I knew Bron's jock rotted your brain but this is just :lol. Go watch a fricken Thunder game

FultzNationRISE
11-02-2023, 08:26 PM
God damn dude...I mean I knew Bron's jock rotted your brain but this is just :lol. Go watch a fricken Thunder game

So you DONT think he’s an exceptionally tall wing who moves and shoots well from outside?

k0kakw0rld
11-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Do you actually think Chet has GOAT potential or is this to take stabs at Wemby?

Because I don't see any GOAT potential at all in Chet, although he is a good player so far.

I don't see any GOAT potential at all in Victor, although he is a good player so far.

SATAN
11-03-2023, 12:44 AM
Fair enough.

k0kakw0rld
11-03-2023, 12:48 AM
Fair enough.
To Chet's defense he is playing next to an all nba first team, who averaged 31 ppg last season. He's not the clear cut number one option like Wemby is.

What a performance though by Wemby

FultzNationRISE
11-03-2023, 01:08 AM
To Chet's defense he is playing next to an all nba first team, who averaged 31 ppg last season. He's not the clear cut number one option like Wemby is.

What a performance though by Wemby

Neither is likely to become the GOAT, just because the odds are so stacked against any one person, especially now that Lebron has basically set the bar at an infinite height.

You could argue, altho it was easier before tonight, Chet is likely to be the better player, but if youre purely arguing who has a better chance to become the GOAT it has to be Yama, because his freakish height at least separates him from everyone else. Chet will be good but he’s virtually guaranteed not to be the GOAT because theres nothing extremely unusual about him. He’s just tall and very talented. Yama could in theory develop an unstoppable inside game, but he’ll have to be able to do it in different ways because teams will constantly watch tape and game plan for stopping whatever his current approach is. This is not Wilt’s day when video didnt exist and vaccuum cleaner salesman opponents had to show up with no idea what they were going against.

But he looks like hes got the poise. It’s just a matter of whether he’ll be good enough to do this every night, or this is more of an occasional spike from his baseline average.

Dbrog
11-03-2023, 01:37 AM
So you DONT think he’s an exceptionally tall wing who moves and shoots well from outside?

No dude. He's constantly hovering in the paint or driving off a wing, which he should, and then taking some setshots from distance sometimes. He's pretty nasty around the paint so no...nothing like durant

rawimpact
11-03-2023, 09:51 AM

Affirmative Action would be credited as working

k0kakw0rld
11-04-2023, 06:54 AM
Neither is likely to become the GOAT, just because the odds are so stacked against any one person, especially now that Lebron has basically set the bar at an infinite height.

You could argue, altho it was easier before tonight, Chet is likely to be the better player, but if youre purely arguing who has a better chance to become the GOAT it has to be Yama, because his freakish height at least separates him from everyone else. Chet will be good but he’s virtually guaranteed not to be the GOAT because theres nothing extremely unusual about him. He’s just tall and very talented. Yama could in theory develop an unstoppable inside game, but he’ll have to be able to do it in different ways because teams will constantly watch tape and game plan for stopping whatever his current approach is. This is not Wilt’s day when video didnt exist and vaccuum cleaner salesman opponents had to show up with no idea what they were going against.

But he looks like hes got the poise. It’s just a matter of whether he’ll be good enough to do this every night, or this is more of an occasional spike from his baseline average.

"He's just tall and very talented"

That applies to Wemby too. :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
11-19-2023, 12:33 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/sxjP30qj/denzel-washington-boom.gif (https://postimages.org/)