PDA

View Full Version : Media criticized AD after ONE GAME

StrongLurk
10-31-2023, 01:03 PM
Lol what a joke, AD is a legit superstar and he's certainly been better than Lebron has this season. Lebron is my guy, but the toxic media that's existed around him has been so bad for teammates. If you have even just a couple bad games, you are eviscerated by the media, yet Lebron gets a pass this year for his awful shooting and turnovers? Why not more discussion on Lebron not even being a top ten player in the NBA anymore?

I'm definitely hoping Lebron retires in the next 2-3 seasons because his decline is obvious. He's still a high-level all star kind of guy, but he's gonna get worse every year. Can't see him like Wizards MJ or post-achilles Kobe.

red1
10-31-2023, 01:08 PM
AD looks dominant

about damn time

red1
10-31-2023, 01:08 PM
ol man GOAT is the heart and soul of this team

check the plus minus from last game

StrongLurk
10-31-2023, 01:11 PM
ol man GOAT is the heart and soul of this team

check the plus minus from last game

Bron definitely "stabilizes" the team, but he needs to make better decisions and make some damn free throws. Dude has more experience than anyone but still can't make free throws at an average rate and is making a ton of unforced turnovers.

red1
10-31-2023, 01:36 PM
Bron definitely "stabilizes" the team, but he needs to make better decisions and make some damn free throws. Dude has more experience than anyone but still can't make free throws at an average rate and is making a ton of unforced turnovers.

calm down

they only have 1 OT loss to a good team and 1 loss to the champs

2-2

theyll be fine

red1
10-31-2023, 01:36 PM
reaves has been ice cold and will start heating up

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 01:37 PM
calm down

they only have 1 OT loss to a good team and 1 loss to the champs

2-2

theyll be fine

at least wait until Davis and Lebron start missing games

3ba11
10-31-2023, 02:21 PM
They can't win close games with the ball in Lebron's hands due to turnovers and lack of expert jump shooting or FT's.. So Lebron has always needed a closer but this time AD falls short of other top dogs and won't outplay league MVP's like Bron's sidekicks have always done historically (Kyrie over Curry.. AD over Joker.. Wade outplayed Dirk)

FultzNationRISE
10-31-2023, 02:58 PM
Lol what a joke, AD is a legit superstar and he's certainly been better than Lebron has this season. Lebron is my guy, but the toxic media that's existed around him has been so bad for teammates. If you have even just a couple bad games, you are eviscerated by the media, yet Lebron gets a pass this year for his awful shooting and turnovers? Why not more discussion on Lebron not even being a top ten player in the NBA anymore?

I'm definitely hoping Lebron retires in the next 2-3 seasons because his decline is obvious. He's still a high-level all star kind of guy, but he's gonna get worse every year. Can't see him like Wizards MJ or post-achilles Kobe.

When historically one guy has a bad game 50% of the time and the other has a bad game 1% of the time, it kinda gets treated differently for each.

Do you understand?

tpols
10-31-2023, 03:54 PM
When historically one guy has a bad game 50% of the time and the other has a bad game 1% of the time, it kinda gets treated differently for each.

Do you understand?

If you look at the averages though and see that AD has had very similar stats to lebron since they've played together that means AD is putting up much higher ceiling games half of the time which is obviously extremely valuable.

AD dropped 27/14 on super elite efficiency with 3 blocks and a steal per game best defensive metrics on the team vs the Nuggets in the WCFs and you guys acted like he was a bum.

Imagine how high his ceiling games have to be to still produce super elite averages if his lows are as low as you claim them to be.

bdonovan
10-31-2023, 04:38 PM
AD looks hesitant - as he's afraid of physical contact. The game with the Kings, he didn't seem willing to get physical with Sabonis.

What comes to mind is two players- Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. I remember a few years, those guys looked like they were getting soft. Then each of those players came back- and they came back angry. They were throwing elbows, mixing it up, playing rough. Other players took the hint and knew they couldn't mess with them.

AD needs to do that. IDK if he's spending too much time in his mansion or what, but success can soften an NBA player.

AD fans don't need to go nuts and start screaming "it's early". I saw a bit of that last year too. It's a trend. IDK what Melo and Howard did in the offseason, but when they came back angry, they were better players. They used physicality on the offensive end and if there was any back and forth, they were ready to throw down. AD needs to have that same disposition.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2023, 04:51 PM
AD looks hesitant on the defensive end. As he's afraid of physical contact. The game with the Kings, he didn't seem willing to get physical with Sabonis.

What comes to mind is two players- Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. I remember a few years, those guys looked like they were getting soft. Then each of those players came back- and they came back angry. They were throwing elbows, mixing it up, playing rough. Other players took the hint and knew they couldn't mess with them.

AD needs to do that. IDK if he's spending too much time in his mansion or what, but success can soften an NBA player.

AD fans don't need to go nuts and start screaming "it's early". I saw a bit of that last year too. It's a trend. IDK what Melo and Howard did in the offseason, but when they came back angry, they were better players. They used physicality on the offensive end and if there was any back and forth, they were ready to throw down. AD needs to have that same disposition.

he's always been soft. I imagine he's also afraid of getting hurt because we all know it's just a matter of time. It was a few years into his career before he'd even dare take it at Gobert. He'd stay on the perimeter

Manny98
10-31-2023, 05:19 PM
His criticism is justified

LeBron is pushing 40 so AD needs to step up and be the number 1 guy

Instead he's always injured and continuously disappears in big games when it matters

Hey Yo
10-31-2023, 06:12 PM
AD looks hesitant - as he's afraid of physical contact. The game with the Kings, he didn't seem willing to get physical with Sabonis.

It's called staying out of foul trouble.

Sabonis is very deceptive around the rim with his pump fakes. I'd say it was more about playing smart and disciplined.

Axe
10-31-2023, 06:16 PM
Kong's probably washed at this point.

StrongLurk
10-31-2023, 09:04 PM
His criticism is justified

LeBron is pushing 40 so AD needs to step up and be the number 1 guy

Instead he's always injured and continuously disappears in big games when it matters

AD was really good last year in the regular season/playoffs. You can make a strong case he was the Lakers best player. He's clearly been the best player this year. It's just crazy how the media expects AD to perform amazing every game. He is a top ten superstar, but he's clear below guys like Jokic/Giannis nowadays.

If anything, the media should be blaming Lebron so far this year for his bad shooting and ridiculous amount of unforced turnovers.

bison
10-31-2023, 09:26 PM
When AD has a bad game, he gets twice the criticism any other star would get because he has twice the responsibility: he has to carry not only his own legacy but also Lebron’s. You see, the media has always mollycoddled Lebron throughout his long and manufactures career that if he fails it’s always his teammates fault. Wade, kyrie and AD have always had to pull double their weight.

https://i.ibb.co/mbQ6nn6/IMG-0855.jpg

Full Court
10-31-2023, 10:13 PM

This is an intelligent post. No reasonable person should expect 38-year old Lebron to play like he's in his prime. Most of the ridicule comes in response to Bronie fluffers refusing to acknowledge his obvious flaws and acting like he's still a top-tier player.

Wally450
11-01-2023, 01:25 PM
Way too inconsistent in the playoffs for me to view him as a superstar.

Akeem34TheDream
11-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Way too inconsistent in the playoffs for me to view him as a superstar.

Do you call Tatum a superstar?