PDA

View Full Version : Celtics are a low key cheat code to start the season

Wally450
11-01-2023, 09:32 PM
No Marcus Smart, no Rob Williams, no problem.

The defense has been brilliant with the additions of Jrue and Porzingis. Not to mention their offensive contributions.

Tatum and Brown are studs and doing what they do. They're getting key contributions from Derrick White, who's playing out of his mind on both sides of the ball.

Would like to see a little more from the bench, but the starters are so good, we just need the bench to not blow it.

Team looks to be in midseason form already. They'll hit a skid at some point, but boy, this is fun to watch.

Manny98
11-01-2023, 09:34 PM
They're up 50 Jesus :oldlol:

tontoz
11-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Most talent in the league on paper. They are going to get a lot of easy wins.

Full Court
11-01-2023, 09:49 PM
No flopping Grant Williams either. :confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
11-01-2023, 10:04 PM
They haven’t disappointed and do look like favorites in the East right now.

It’s also November 2nd and theyve played the Knicks, Wiz, Pacers, and I forget who else. Rockets? Nets?

Stay grounded chief.

Mask the Embiid
11-01-2023, 10:34 PM
They are always October/November champs. That’s why I always call Tatum “Mr November”. They are a play-in champs/ post all star break hotstreak type of team….They never keep the same energy in may and June. Let them have their fun in November :oldlol. I expect them to steam roll and peak in the play in tournament championship game.

.... Heat in 6 (when it really matters and sphincters get tight in may)

RRR3
11-01-2023, 10:35 PM
They are always October champs. That’s why I always call Tatum “Mr November”. They are a play-in champs/ post all star break hotstreak team….They never keep the same energy in may and June. Let them have their fun in November :oldlol.

.... Heat in 6
You're an Embiid stan, you can't call anyone "Mr. November". Tatum is far less embarrassing in the playoffs than Shrivelbiid.

Mask the Embiid
11-01-2023, 10:40 PM
You're an Embiid stan, you can't call anyone "Mr. November". Tatum is far less embarrassing in the playoffs than Shrivelbiid.

Jimmy shrunk in the finals. Never forget. rememba dat…….. next time you quote me

Embiid has been hurt/sick every single year in the playoffs. He’s never loss a series with a healthy team

RRR3
11-01-2023, 10:40 PM
Jimmy shrunk in the finals. Never forget. rememba dat…….. next time you quote me
Emshrivel can't even make the conference finals :yaohappy:

Wally450
11-04-2023, 10:26 PM
Last remaining undefeated team in the NBA.

Defeat the Nets tonight 124-114.

Tatum 32 points 11 rebounds
Jaylen Brown 23/5/4
Jrue Holiday 18/10 assists
Porzingis 22 points 3 blocks

Derrick White didn't play with the birth of his next kid.

Al Horford got the start. Only scored 8 points, but was a team best +28.

:applause:

Axe
11-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Turns out acquiring holiday is a massive blessing for the team and his production has been outstanding so far.

Xiao Yao You
11-04-2023, 10:31 PM
Turns out acquiring holiday is a massive blessing for the team and his production has been outstanding so far.

who would have thought

Airupthere
11-04-2023, 11:04 PM
who would have thought

:oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2023, 11:10 PM
Last remaining undefeated team in the NBA.

Defeat the Nets tonight 124-114.

Tatum 32 points 11 rebounds
Jaylen Brown 23/5/4
Jrue Holiday 18/10 assists
Porzingis 22 points 3 blocks

Derrick White didn't play with the birth of his next kid.

Al Horford got the start. Only scored 8 points, but was a team best +28.

:applause:

23 points on 22 shots.

At least he kept the turnovers down to 2.

3ba11
11-04-2023, 11:18 PM
I always liked Porzingis' game

3ba11
11-04-2023, 11:31 PM
Porzingis is easily averaging 20+ as 3rd or 4th option on a great chemistry team. This is partly due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skill, which doesn't impose spot-up roles like a ball-dominator does and allows the ball to move rather than requiring the ball be primarily in 1 player's hands.

Porzingis is just ANOTHER example of high-scoring 3rd options, which doesn't happen for ball-dominators as we saw when Bosh, Love, Mo, or Ingram were 3rd options

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2023, 11:48 PM
Porzingis is easily averaging 20+ as 3rd or 4th option on a great chemistry team. This is partly due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skill, which doesn't impose spot-up roles like a ball-dominator does and allows the ball to move rather than requiring the ball be primarily in 1 player's hands.

Porzingis is just ANOTHER example of high-scoring 3rd options, which doesn't happen for ball-dominators as we saw when Bosh, Love, Mo, or Ingram were 3rd options

What were Michael's third options scoring?

tontoz
11-05-2023, 12:21 AM
It is impressive how screwball can find a way to work his agenda into any random thread.

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2023, 07:07 AM

You always talk out of your ass. The biggest difference Tatum and Porzingis have made for each other is that Porzingis gets open looks all over the floor, both lobs and threes, while Tatum has more space to post up his man in the paint. The easier layups he has gotten so far (it's still early) have led to Tatum scoring more efficiently. Tatum's jumper comes and goes but his post ups will always work if he has space.

A normal poster wouldn't talk like you do about teams and players they never watch but you seem to enjoy being a stupid jackass.

ShawkFactory
11-05-2023, 07:56 AM

Half of Porzingis’s shot attempts are catch and shoot. 80% of the time he isn’t dribbling.

Stephonit
11-05-2023, 08:51 AM
According to one MVP odds formula the Celtics have three players who are top 10 candidates: Tatum, Porzingis, and White.

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2023, 09:49 AM
According to one MVP odds formula the Celtics have three players who are top 10 candidates: Tatum, Porzingis, and White.

As much as I would love to see White take mvp this is further proof that it's too early for a serious mvp conversation.

red1
11-05-2023, 10:19 AM
showdown with the bucks is inevitable

jrue is a baller and might be the difference in the series

Wally450
11-05-2023, 12:42 PM
As much as I would love to see White take mvp this is further proof that it's too early for a serious mvp conversation.

I think he could have a legit case for DPOY come March/April.

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2023, 12:51 PM
I think he could have a legit case for DPOY come March/April.

People could just feel like he should get some award and give it to him but it's hard to say who the best Celtic defender is. We saw Holiday shut down Julius Randle and he's averaging almost two blocks while porzingis had been excellent protecting the basket while still being able to challenge threes. I'm just going to wait and see who does what long term.

tpols
11-05-2023, 01:04 PM
Yea they definitely upgraded. Jrue is just as good as Smart if not better, and Porzingis provides the same rim protection Williams did but he's 20x the offensive weapon. Celtics Warriors rematch would probably go Bostons way this time.

Akeem34TheDream
11-05-2023, 01:43 PM
I genuinely think Jaylen Brown is the 5th best player on the Celtics

FultzNationRISE
11-05-2023, 03:43 PM
I genuinely think Jaylen Brown is the 5th best player on the Celtics

And yet on the Lakers he would be Lebron's BEST teammate.

Let that sink in.

hold this L
11-05-2023, 05:02 PM
showdown with the bucks is inevitable

jrue is a baller and might be the difference in the series

I really, really want the Bucks and Celtics series to be in the ECF and ensure both squads are healthy.

NBAGOAT
11-05-2023, 05:36 PM
bucks dont look so good right now but ofc I would still pick them to make the ECF. Their coach having brook lopez guarding out on perimeter and running less than 10 pnr's a game for dame/giannis has me worried. also middleton has barely played so far. Finally dont have a 5th starter I think beasley is too bad defensively to be that and crowder is past his prime. Looking to trade for a 3nD guy like denver did with kcp last year

Wally450
11-05-2023, 10:36 PM
People could just feel like he should get some award and give it to him but it's hard to say who the best Celtic defender is. We saw Holiday shut down Julius Randle and he's averaging almost two blocks while porzingis had been excellent protecting the basket while still being able to challenge threes. I'm just going to wait and see who does what long term.

That's a good problem to have lol.

Airupthere
11-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Celtics showing yet again that talent is not enough

Mask the Embiid
11-08-2023, 10:33 PM
Not so tough anymore without Marcus smart bail out 3’s. He was the heart and soul of this team.

Manny98
11-08-2023, 10:35 PM
First signs of a half decent team and Tatum & Jaylen go back to their usual shitty selves :oldlol:

Airupthere
11-08-2023, 10:45 PM
First signs of a half decent team and Tatum & Jaylen go back to their usual shitty selves :oldlol:

Yeah, very predictable.

Wally450
11-08-2023, 10:59 PM
Not so tough anymore without Marcus smart bail out 3’s. He was the heart and soul of this team.

We would've lost by a lot more than we did if Smart was in the lineup.

Jaylen was absolute ass tonight. Letting guys like Tobias Harris and Kelly Oubre outplay you. :facepalm

FultzNationRISE
11-08-2023, 11:11 PM
The Celtics could use some muscle in the front court. All their physical guys (Jrue, Brown, White) are in the back court.

Tatum’s obviously not a weak defender but he is kinda small compared to a lot of 3’s today. Throw in Hauser, Zingis, old man Al, and the C’s are just a little bit soft up front. They def miss having a tough nosed wide body like Grant Williams. It’s something they oughtta be on the look out for in the trade/buy out market when the time comes.