PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is so easy that average players in Europe are becoming the face of the league

k0kakw0rld
11-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Victor Wembanyama
Except for his last season in Europe
https://i.postimg.cc/dVmXzcYh/Screenshot-20231104-094222-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The NBA is https://i.postimg.cc/5tkMRWBw/nba-basketball.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Real Men Wear Green
11-04-2023, 04:06 PM
Except for no one, OP makes the dumbrst threads of the season.

Spurs m8
11-04-2023, 04:38 PM
This is about as low iq as one can get tbh

Full Court
11-04-2023, 05:47 PM
Man, you'd think all the average players in Europe would be flocking over here for those 8-digit contracts then huh?

90sgoat
11-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Man, you'd think all the average players in Europe would be flocking over here for those 8-digit contracts then huh?

European cities > US cities.

European women > US women.

European food > US food.

European fan culture > US fan culture.

It's not all about money.

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2023, 06:22 PM
To be fair, altho the talent level may be higher in the NBA, I could see the play quality being lower than Euroleague, tho I havent watched the latter so I cant say for sure. But in a lot of ways the NBA game is more of an individual showcase for selling shoes and jerseys and gatorade. It’s like an uber successful And1 Tour. Because thats where the money is today.

People assume the NBA’s goal is to be the best basketball league in the world. It’s actually just to make the most profit possible. The game itself isnt as important. In Europe I think it’s more about playing the game the right way at the highest level possible. I wouldnt be surprised if the average player actually found the game more difficult over there.

GOBB
11-04-2023, 06:32 PM
To be fair, altho the talent level may be higher in the NBA, I could see the play quality being lower than Euroleague, tho I havent watched the latter so I cant say for sure. But in a lot of ways the NBA game is more of an individual showcase for selling shoes and jerseys and gatorade. It’s like an uber successful And1 Tour. Because thats where the money is today.

People assume the NBA’s goal is to be the best basketball league in the world. It’s actually just to make the most profit possible. The game itself isnt as important. In Europe I think it’s more about playing the game the right way at the highest level possible. I wouldnt be surprised if the average player actually found the game more difficult over there.

What a Rashad Mccants like take. Just terrible. Go watch the euroleague then? That way you’ll have a better idea of what you’re attempting to say about something you said…you don’t watch. Lol

Then get back to us with your findings.

elementally morale
11-04-2023, 06:49 PM
The NBA is better.

That being said, it could be soooo much better with original / FIBA rules. Calling travelling and carrying. Allow offensive goaltending. Get rid of the defensive 3 second violation. Call way less fouls or way more. Either allow contact like in the 90s or don't allow it at all as it was originally planned. I suggest the former.

Talent in the NBA is far greater so the overall product is better than in Europe. It is frustrating to see how dumb these athletes play the game though.

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2023, 07:17 PM
What a Rashad Mccants like take. Just terrible. Go watch the euroleague then? That way you’ll have a better idea of what you’re attempting to say about something you said…you don’t watch. Lol

Then get back to us with your findings.

You made my exact point for me :lol

The NBA is, at least until recently the kind of league that was drafting a Rashad McCants in the lottery. Because he might be the next high flyin, crossin u up and droppin some hot sizzle fa shizzle wizzle wit the crossover, throwin down the swagged out dunk with his gold chain blingin type playstyle… and the youth will eat that UP and buy every single piece of apparel he‘s wearing. Shoe sale revenues thru the STRATOSPHERE.

The NBA for decades was obsessed with trying to find the next MJ so they could sell a billion jugs of gatorade and cologne. Hence Michael Beasley, Darius Miles, John Wall, and tons of other high picks who had no business being professional basketball players. The words “red flag” did not exist in draft rooms for 20 years because teams wanted the next iso supastar at any cost.

I mean listen Gobb, if you like watching Andray Blatche and Ricky Davis shoot at their own rim to get a rebound for a triple double, thats fine. If you think a team is gonna have good winning prospects when their locker room is pulling guns on each other over card games (RIP Jafarius Crittenden), theres nothing wrong with it.

I just have a different opinion. Thats all.

But I do think NBA’s culture is moving in a more professional direction, finally.

SATAN
11-04-2023, 07:37 PM
Perhaps "GOAT" Chet or "MVP" SGA should try harder to become the face of the league then?

Wally450
11-04-2023, 07:40 PM
Its because Paolo Banchero has severely regressed through 4 games.

ImKobe
11-04-2023, 08:27 PM
European players learn the fundamentals of the game and how to play within a team concept at a much earlier age. Wemby was a pro and played against grown men as a 16/17 y.o.

Axe
11-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Perhaps "GOAT" Chet or "MVP" SGA should try harder to become the face of the league then?
Are those guys even capable of leading the thunder to a better seed than their somewhere bet. the 4th-6th seed last season?

JohnMax
11-05-2023, 02:33 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-victor-wembanyama-eye-opening-rachel-nichols-take-that-wont-please-lebron-james

“Victor Wembanyama’s ceiling is higher than David Robinson, Shaq and LeBron’s,” said Rachel Nichols. “He can render that LeBron-MJ argument.”

RachlNicholsazz
11-05-2023, 02:54 AM
European cities > US cities.

European women > US women.

European food > US food.

European fan culture > US fan culture.

It's not all about money.

4.5 million Europeans live in the US
2.3 million Americans live in Europe

Stats say you like us more than we like you.

But take your hairy armpit women and your filthy poor hygiene mongrels back anytime you want. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Geez you'd think water was kryptonite the way they use it

90sgoat
11-05-2023, 11:04 AM
4.5 million Europeans live in the US
2.3 million Americans live in Europe

Stats say you like us more than we like you.

Europeans disagree about everything, religion, food, politics, but we all agree that we don't want americans to live here.