PDA

View Full Version : Jokic at 108 triple doubles. Ahead of Kidd and LeBron now.

elementally morale
11-06-2023, 11:44 PM
All this before the end of the 3rd quarter vs. the Pelicans.

29 points
13 rebound
10 assists

The 4th quarter is yet to be played.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 11:44 PM
one of the worst stats there is. Right behind +/-

elementally morale
11-06-2023, 11:54 PM

In the top 5 you have Magic, LeBron, Kidd and Jokic. Cannot be that bad of a stat. But you have a point. I don't consider this as a stat. I rarely talk about stats anyway. I think it is an achievement. You have to play at a high level for quite some time to be able to pile up this many things in this many games.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2023, 11:55 PM
In the top 5 you have Magic, LeBron, Kidd and Jokic. Cannot be that bad of a stat. But you have a point. I don't consider this as a stat. I rarely talk about stats anyway. I think it is an achievement. You have to play at a high level for quite some time to be able to pile up this many things in this many games.

I didn't mind it until Kidd and his 3-19 triple doubles

warriorfan
11-06-2023, 11:58 PM

triple doubles is kinda a novelty stat

but at the same time most of the time if a guy can amass tons of them consistently (without blatantly trying to pad to get them), it usually is an indicator that correlates with someone having a great all around game

+/- has its plus and minuses, but if used with proper sample size and in the right context it can be an effective measuring tool

not trying to end this off as a troll post but if you are gonna try to throw shade on both of these stats in a black and white fashion, i think some rudy derangement syndrom is kicking in

:lol :cheers:

elementally morale
11-07-2023, 12:01 AM
Also had his 1st dunk of the season. :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:04 AM
triple doubles is kinda a novelty stat

but at the same time most of the time if a guy can amass tons of them consistently (without blatantly trying to pad to get them), it usually is an indicator that correlates with someone having a great all around game

+/- has its plus and minuses, but if used with proper sample size and in the right context it can be an effective measuring tool

not trying to end this off as a troll post but if you are gonna try to throw shade on both of these stats in a black and white fashion, i think some rudy derangement syndrom is kicking in

:lol :cheers:

Gobert's led the league in it over a season. That's a little more telling than a single game

warriorfan
11-07-2023, 12:17 AM
Gobert's led the league in it over a season. That's a little more telling than a single game

Yes. That’s why I mentioned sample size.

imdaman99
11-07-2023, 12:19 AM
He has a lot of 9 assist games as well

elementally morale
11-07-2023, 12:23 AM
He has a lot of 9 assist games as well

43 games where the near triple double was a Sombor double.

Quite a lot.

NuggetsFan
11-07-2023, 12:41 AM
Westbrook ruined the stat for me. So many guys flirted with getting one and finished with 6-9 rebounds/assists so when they actually got them it felt like it had a little meaning. Westbrook hunting them to the extent he did killed whatever meaning they had. So many players could have so many more including Jokic if they wanted. Westbrook basically went Ricky Davis mode for an entire season lol

elementally morale
11-07-2023, 12:53 AM
Westbrook ruined the stat for me. So many guys flirted with getting one and finished with 6-9 rebounds/assists so when they actually got them it felt like it had a little meaning. Westbrook hunting them to the extent he did killed whatever meaning they had. So many players could have so many more including Jokic if they wanted. Westbrook basically went Ricky Davis mode for an entire season lol

One player shouldn't ruin an achievement like this. If it were so, almost all awards would be ruined. Sometimes not the best player gets the MVP for example. Horry has 7 rings. Coach of the year is always debatable. The list goes on.

Triple doubles are not the best measure of a player's quality but no single measure is. With Jokic it's fine as it is a very good reflection of the well rounded game he plays.

imdaman99
11-07-2023, 01:01 AM

He averaged 30-11-11, it's not like he would stop passing once he got 10 assists. His first triple double season was legit and special to watch. The others were overrated.

SATAN
11-07-2023, 02:21 AM
Can someone tell stat padding ball hog Luka Doncic to take note of what the MVP is doing? This is how it's done. Completely organic and not forcing the issue.

highwhey
11-07-2023, 03:58 AM
yeah, 108 triple double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds

https://www.mcdonalds.com.sg/sites/default/files/2023-03/Frame%20106_0.jpg

fatrick opened up the doordash app immediately after seeing this image ^

Akeem34TheDream
11-07-2023, 04:07 AM

Anyone who uses +/- for a single game should not be taken seriously

Chuckbe
11-07-2023, 04:55 AM
https://i.ibb.co/TH387K8/F-Td-Tnc-Ww-AAsa-Xa-format-jpg.jpg

Jasper
11-07-2023, 08:48 PM
joker is miles ahead of kidd, and Bron is not far behind.
Joker is the burger king of burg---errrrrs

kawhileonard2
11-07-2023, 10:11 PM
All this before the end of the 3rd quarter vs. the Pelicans.

29 points
13 rebound
10 assists

The 4th quarter is yet to be played.

Also swept Lebron with an inferior team.

Dbrog
11-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Did it in less than half the games of Bron too O_O