PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota's defense has been elite (#1 ranked; -11.9 rDRTG)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2023, 07:18 AM
Six games in, Minnesota has been dominant on defense. Rudy looks rejuvenated and playing like his Utah self. McDaniels has picked up where he left off last season. Ant is bringing intensity and effort. Even KAT is playing his part.

They just locked down two of the top offenses in the league. They look like a problem!

Minnesota Timberwolves 2024: 100.5 DRTG
League average offensive rating: 112.4

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 07:39 AM
Where's Greg Monroe and Hassan Whiteside when you need them?

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 07:50 AM
That was Holiday's first bad game as a Celtic. Aside from Towns that's a very focused team defensively.

FireDavidKahn
11-07-2023, 08:30 AM
This defense is special, I'm telling you guys.

Top 5 perimeter defender in Jaden (who is arguably the best perimeter defender)
Top 5 post defender who is playing like the DPOY right now.

Edwards is an elite point of attack defender.
Kyle Anderson is a very good defensive role player.
Conley is also a very smart defender.
NAW is a very good defender.

We might have the best defensive team in years right now

For the first time since 03-04 it isn't hyperbole to say that if our defensive dominance can translate to the play offs that we can be a contender. Play off Ant with the best defense in the league backing him up? Scary:rockon:

Clown Karl has to go though

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2023, 09:33 AM

For the first time since 03-04 it isn't hyperbole to say that if our defensive dominance can translate to the play offs that we can be a contender. Play off Ant with the best defense in the league backing him up? Scary:rockon:

I agree. Minnesota's defensive rating relative to the league-average offense (rDRtg) will obviously come down from -11.9 as the league settles, but I can see them doing at least -5, which hasn't been done by a championship team since 2008.

1964 Celtics -8.7 rDRtg
2008 Celtics -8.6 rDRtg
2004 Pistons -7.5 rDRtg
2005 Spurs -7.3 rDRtg
1999 Spurs -7.2 rDRtg
1965 Celtics -7.2 rDRtg
2007 Spurs -6.5 rDRtg
1963 Celtics -6.3 rDRtg
1962 Celtics -6.1 rDRtg
1970 Knicks -6.0 rDRtg
2000 Lakers -5.9 rDRtg
1996 Bulls -5.9 rDRtg
1961 Celtics -5.5 rDRtg
1998 Bulls -5.3 rDRtg
1994 Rockets -4.9 rDRtg
2022 Warriors -4.9 rDRtg
2017 Warriors -4.8 rDRtg
1986 Celtics -4.6 rDRtg
1990 Pistons -4.6 rDRtg
1969 Celtics -4.6 rDRtg
1966 Celtics -4.5 rDRtg
2012 Heat -4.4 rDRtg
1972 Lakers -4.4 rDRtg
2020 Lakers -4.3 rDRtg
1997 Bulls -4.3 rDRtg
2015 Warriors -4.2 rDRtg
2014 Spurs -4.2 rDRtg
1973 Knicks -4.2 rDRtg
2003 Spurs -3.9 rDRtg
2010 Lakers -3.9 rDRtg
1983 Sixers -3.8 rDRtg
1992 Bulls -3.7 rDRtg
1979 Sonics -3.7 rDRtg
1960 Celtics -3.7 rDRtg
2009 Lakers -3.6 rDRtg
1971 Bucks -3.6 rDRtg
1959 Celtics -3.5 rDRtg
2019 Raptors -3.3 rDRtg
1984 Celtics -3.2 rDRtg
1989 Pistons -3.1 rDRtg
2002 Lakers -2.8 rDRtg
1968 Celtics -2.8 rDRtg
1967 Sixers -2.8 rDRtg
1991 Bulls -2.7 rDRtg
1981 Celtics -2.7 rDRtg
1955 Nationals -2.7 rDRtg
1974 Celtics -2.6 rDRtg
1957 Celtics -2.5 rDRtg
2011 Mavericks -2.2 rDRtg
2013 Heat -2.1 rDRtg
2016 Cavaliers -1.9 rDRtg
1993 Bulls -1.9 rDRtg
1987 Lakers -1.8 rDRtg
2006 Heat -1.7 rDRtg
1976 Celtics -1.6 rDRtg
1977 Blazers -1.5 rDRtg
1980 Lakers -1.4 rDRtg
1982 Lakers -1.4 rDRtg
2018 Warriors -1.0 rDRtg
1985 Lakers -0.9 rDRtg
1995 Rockets -0.8 rDRtg
1988 Lakers -0.8 rDRtg
2021 Bucks -0.8 rDRtg
1958 Hawks -0.8 rDRtg
2023 Nuggets -0.6 rDRtg
1978 Wizards -0.4 rDRtg
1975 Warriors -0.3 rDRtg
1956 Warriors +0.1 rDRtg
2001 Lakers +1.8 rDRtg

Carbine
11-07-2023, 10:20 AM
They are not winning a title. They're too dumb as a team when it matters and Rudy will be exposed as per usual in the playoffs.

Akeem34TheDream
11-07-2023, 10:48 AM
They have some serious talent. I expect them to win 55+ games. They will need KAT to get his shit together in playoffs though.

dankok8
11-07-2023, 10:52 AM
The Wolves aren't gonna contend. They are also #21 on offense.

Pump the brakes!

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 11:27 AM

Conley called it before the season started. Gobert with actual help for once at both ends is scary!

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 11:29 AM
They are not winning a title. They're too dumb as a team when it matters and Rudy will be exposed as per usual in the playoffs.

He was exposed because he couldn't guard 5 players by himself. Not exactly the same thing when everyone is defending and 2 inefficient players aren't dominating the ball on offense

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2023, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Thinking Basketball video on Minnesota's defense. Maybe if they continue to play well for another 6 games.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 11:41 AM
Anthony Edwards when asked about accepting the challenge of guarding Jayson Tatum: “He got the stop on me at the end of the game. And he was talkin smack at the jump ball at overtime. And I told him, ‘I’m comin again’. Luckily, he called me up for an iso and tried to iso me, and I’m like, ‘I play defense, I just got five fouls’. (https://*********.com/social/) So I had to show him I could play defense. But he’s a great player, one of the best players in the league, for sure.” Here’s that possession, Ant v. Tatum… pic.twitter.com/lWUeR41HDm

Imagine if Gobert had had that from his teams leading scorer in Utah. Instead he had Mitchell :cry:

FireDavidKahn
11-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Opponents are shooting 35.4% from the field vs Rudy Gobert this season, per @nbastats

Nikola Jokic: 1-7 FG
Trae Young: 3-7 FG
*Kristaps Porzingis: 2-6 FG
*Jaylen Brown: 1-5 FG
*Jrue Holiday: 2-5 FG
Tyler Herro: 0-4 FG
Clint Capela: 0-3 FG
Jamal Murray: 0-3 FG
*Jayson Tatum: 0-2 FG

*Last night

Rudy is on a MISSION this year to prove everyone wrong after he played most of last year with a bad back.

Revenge Rudy

Carbine
11-07-2023, 11:47 AM
None of that matters. The playoffs will prove everything we need to know. He can't do anything in the regular season to remove the stain from his reputation.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 11:49 AM
Opponents are shooting 35.4% from the field vs Rudy Gobert this season, per @nbastats

Nikola Jokic: 1-7 FG
Trae Young: 3-7 FG
*Kristaps Porzingis: 2-6 FG
*Jaylen Brown: 1-5 FG
*Jrue Holiday: 2-5 FG
Tyler Herro: 0-4 FG
Clint Capela: 0-3 FG
Jamal Murray: 0-3 FG
*Jayson Tatum: 0-2 FG

*Last night

Rudy is on a MISSION this year to prove everyone wrong after he played most of last year with a bad back.

Revenge Rudy

I'm guessing Trae didn't get 42 on his 3-7 like Simmons did? :lol

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 11:51 AM
None of that matters. The playoffs will prove everything we need to know. He can't do anything in the regular season to remove the stain from his reputation.

The stain of winning two series as the underdog? He's done nothing but over achieve every step of the way

Carbine
11-07-2023, 12:00 PM
I'm speaking about his individual play. Being hunted on defense when your the DPOY many times over. It's likely not to change either, considering you don't get better at defense as you pass 30 years old.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:05 PM
I'm speaking about his individual play. Being hunted on defense when your the DPOY many times over. It's likely not to change either, considering you don't get better at defense as you pass 30 years old.

He's obviously getting better after 30. Try hunting him when he only has to guard one guy not 5

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 12:08 PM
The ability to exploit him depends on the matchup. Which Western teams can play a mobile stretch 5 without suffering defensively?

RRR3
11-07-2023, 12:14 PM
The ability to exploit him depends on the matchup. Which Western teams can play a mobile stretch 5 without suffering defensively?
It doesn’t have to be a 5. Clippers destroyed him and the Jazz by going small. Every team can do that. The reason they can do that is because Rudy is inept on offense and can’t punish teams for going small.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:15 PM

He can guard the perimeter just fine. In Utah it was either play him with another big and have Favors spotting up for 3's in the corner or play a 6'4 PF in O'Neale. If he's pulled away from the rim you still have another 7 footer in McDaniels at the rim not to mention Towns if he's still around. Having 5 guys playing D together makes a big difference over expecting one guy to cover for everyone because your so called superstar has to save himself for offense

Carbine
11-07-2023, 12:18 PM

IA vast majority of the contenders.

FireDavidKahn
11-07-2023, 12:20 PM

The huge difference now is that there are other elite defenders to help Rudy out. You're right, when he was isolated on the perimeter vs. Quick guards he couldn't do much against that. In Minnesota we have multiple competent/elite perimeter defenders so it won't be that big of an issue

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:21 PM
you still have to rebound the ball. That's what makes this team special in today's game. They are playing bigger than anyone while not suffering defensively. Only team to out rebound the Jazz the other team playing big but unlike the Wolves they can't defend. Gobert has a winning record over Jokic for his career

tpols
11-07-2023, 12:28 PM

Denver Nuggets.

tpols
11-07-2023, 12:31 PM
you still have to rebound the ball. That's what makes this team special in today's game. They are playing bigger than anyone while not suffering defensively. Only team to out rebound the Jazz the other team playing big but unlike the Wolves they can't defend. Gobert has a winning record over Jokic for his career

Yolk spanked him in the 1st round just last year. And is 9-4 against him in the playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:35 PM
Denver Nuggets.

last team Denver wants to play. Gobert has a winning record vs Jokic

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:36 PM
Yolk spanked him in the 1st round just last year. And is 9-4 against him in the playoffs.

How did Towns do in that series after missing most of the year? They've had Conley through training camp now. Obviously a different team. The stank of D'Angelo is long gone

tpols
11-07-2023, 12:39 PM
last team Denver wants to play. Gobert has a winning record vs Jokic

Not in the playoffs he doesn't. Not close either.

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 12:39 PM
It doesn’t have to be a 5. Clippers destroyed him and the Jazz by going small. Every team can do that. The reason they can do that is because Rudy is inept on offense and can’t punish teams for going small.

If you don't have a rim protector or there you are going to suffer defensively. You can't be giving up easy offensive rebounds and letting Edwards and the rest get layups. Is your noncenter going to score enough points from distance to make this worthwhile? I don't see it. There's a reason why teams still play at least one big, you still need size.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Not in the playoffs he doesn't. Not close either.

hasn't had a team around him like this and pretty sure they won't be playing in a bubble this time around

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:45 PM
If you don't have a rim protector or there you are going to suffer defensively. You can't be giving up easy offensive rebounds and letting Edwards and the rest get layups. Is your noncenter going to score enough points from distance to make this worthwhile? I don't see it. There's a reason why teams still play at least one big, you still need size.

They are out rebounding their opponents by 5 a game. They'll be happy if you play small and give them extra possessions I'm sure

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 12:47 PM
Denver Nuggets.

To be more specific, "highly" mobile. Jokic dominates everyone and I wouldn't expect the Wolves to beat them in a series. But if you are going to defend Jokic Gobert is a better option than most teams will have. Jokic is a good shooter but you're better off letting him take jumpers than hitting open teammates like Gordon for layups when you win your defense by using Gobert chase him out to the three point line.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 12:53 PM
To be more specific, "highly" mobile. Jokic dominates everyone and I wouldn't expect the Wolves to beat them in a series. But if you are going to defend Jokic Gobert is a better option than most teams will have. Jokic is a good shooter but you're better off letting him take jumpers than hitting open teammates like Gordon for layups when you win your defense by using Gobert chase him out to the three point line.

and you have lots of size and length besides Gobert. Not like O'Neale will be switched on to him. Edwards or McDaniels on Murray instead of traffic cones like Mitchell and The Bum

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 01:52 PM
Timberwolves’ Rudy Gobert sits down with @Stadium (https://twitter.com/Stadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw): “People being mad at me a year later. Seeing how much the Jazz got in exchange of me, it makes you feel you’re doing something right.”
On Karl-Anthony Towns partnership, challenge to Anthony Edwards, darkness retreat, much more: pic.twitter.com/9JJmXEXGmg (https://t.co/9JJmXEXGmg)
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 7, 2023 (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1721924246023151928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 02:40 PM
The trade was terrible. 5 first round picks/pick swaps should get you a superstar. I just don't think it should be held against Gobert. Fire the GM and move on.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 02:43 PM
The trade was terrible. 5 first round picks/pick swaps should get you a superstar. I just don't think it should be held against Gobert. Fire the GM and move on.

They got one of the most impactful players in the league. Carried bad teams for years. it's a great trade if they get further than any Wolves team ever which is possible. They've had one really good team right?

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 02:46 PM
They got one of the most impactful players in the league. Carried bad teams for years.
You are aware that like a lot of posters I have read you write this before and just don't agree, no?

tpols
11-07-2023, 02:54 PM
hasn't had a team around him like this and pretty sure they won't be playing in a bubble this time around

He literally has the same exact core around him as last year. Edwards, KAT, Conley and role players.

The fact that you even think Rudy Gobert has a Trump card on Jokic because of regular season win loss record is cute. They're not even in the same galaxy in terms of impact.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 02:58 PM
You are aware that like a lot of posters I have read you write this before and just don't agree, no?

Yep doesn't make it any less true. Is a so called superstar like Lillard or Mitchell more valuable playing one end of the court than someone that impacts both ends? Jazz were a bad team without Gobert despite the supposed greatness of Mitchell and COTM. They're a bad team now without him. Haven't held a team under 100 pts since he left. He joined a team that was decent without him. Minnesota is now a great defensive team. You pay for that or you continue being mediocre like they have been all but 1 year of their pathetic history

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 03:01 PM
He literally has the same exact core around him as last year. Edwards, KAT, Conley and role players.

The fact that you even think Rudy Gobert has a Trump card on Jokic because of regular season win loss record is cute. They're not even in the same galaxy in terms of impact.

You may forget that they were a mess thanks to cancerous D'Angelo and Towns missed most of the year and Conley was only there after the trade deadline and apparently Gobert wasn't at 100%. Didn't say he was as impactful as Jokic. Who is? He's probably had more success against him than anyone though. Their net rating against each other was pretty much even a couple years ago. Not sure where that stands now. He probably leads since he's been beating up on the Nuggets since

tpols
11-07-2023, 03:06 PM
How has rudy been "beating up on the Nuggets" when they demolished him in the playoffs just last year?

And before that the nuggets beating them again despite Donovan Mitchell throwing up an MJ stat line?

This is wild man. You don't live in our current shared reality.

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 03:19 PM
Yep doesn't make it any less true. Is a so called superstar like Lillard or Mitchell more valuable playing one end of the court than someone that impacts both ends? Jazz were a bad team without Gobert despite the supposed greatness of Mitchell and COTM. They're a bad team now without him. Haven't held a team under 100 pts since he left. He joined a team that was decent without him. Minnesota is now a great defensive team. You pay for that or you continue being mediocre like they have been all but 1 year of their pathetic history

It's strange how you ignore the fact that Gobert hasn't lead any team anywhere and delude yourself into thinking he's a significant offensive player.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 03:28 PM
How has rudy been "beating up on the Nuggets" when they demolished him in the playoffs just last year?

And before that the nuggets beating them again despite Donovan Mitchell throwing up an MJ stat line?

This is wild man. You don't live in our current shared reality.

Murray threw up a similar stat line. Hard to win playing one end of the court. And I take the bubble as seriously as the rest of you. It was pretty much a joke

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/rudy_gobert_vs_nikola_jokic.htm

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 03:30 PM
It's strange how you ignore the fact that Gobert hasn't lead any team anywhere and delude yourself into thinking he's a significant offensive player.

Leading bad bad teams to the 2nd round of the playoffs is significant. Beats the lottery where they would have been without him. Eilte rim runner/screener/offensive rebounder on the best offensive team in the league. You have to pay for that. Wolves did and they might have their best team ever while the Jazz have picks that may turn out to be nothing

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 04:36 PM
Leading bad bad teams to the 2nd round of the playoffs is significant. Beats the lottery where they would have been without him. Eilte rim runner/screener/offensive rebounder on the best offensive team in the league. You have to pay for that. Wolves did and they might have their best team ever while the Jazz have picks that may turn out to be nothing
No one cares about the second round. No one but you would call a career 12 ppg scorer an important offensive player. You are eternally howling into the wind. The MVP of the 4-2 Wolves is Anthony Edwards. I fully expect you to reply because you're addicted to the last word but understand you have only hurt Gobert's rep on this board with your insane agenda, Everyone else can tell he's a defensive specialist roleplayer.

Axe
11-07-2023, 04:39 PM
No one cares about the second round. No one but you would call a career 12 ppg scorer an important offensive player. You are eternally howling into the wind. The MVP of the 4-2 Wolves is Anthony Edwards. I fully expect you to reply because you're addicted to the last word but understand you have only hurt Gobert's rep on this board with your insane agenda, Everyone else can tell he's a defensive specialist roleplayer.
:lebronamazed:

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 05:05 PM

Being a team game there's more to offense than the one scoring the points. Be great if Gobert had someone better than him on his team. Hasn't had that since he was a rookie. I'm guessing Wolve fans would love the 2nd round. Happened what once in their history? Beats the lottery. Role playing DPOTY/All -NBA! :cheers:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-07-2023, 05:09 PM
Saw the ending of this game on NBA TV. Ant went absolutely postal in overtime.

Still early but Minnesota has beaten Boston AND Denver. They're a sneaky team who could upset a contender, depending on the matchup.

NBAGOAT
11-07-2023, 05:20 PM

Role player is pushing it too far the other way. He’s a mutombo should be making the all star game most years. Also most wolves fans on Reddit have said goberts been their best player so far

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 05:34 PM
Role player is pushing it too far the other way. He’s a mutombo should be making the all star game most years. Also most wolves fans on Reddit have said goberts been their best player so far

Gobert 1st in def rating 1st def win shares Ant 10th def rating 9th def win shares
Ant 16th in VORP 18th in off Box +/- 17th Box +/- Win shares 18th

Gobert has gladly taken a back seat on offense on the Wolves compared to the less talented Jazz teams he played for

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Being a team game there's more to offense than the one scoring the points. Be great if Gobert had someone better than him on his team. Hasn't had that since he was a rookie. I'm guessing Wolve fans would love the 2nd round. Happened what once in their history? Beats the lottery. Role playing DPOTY/All -NBA! :cheers:
He doesn't have the ball.. has no special skill as a shooter... can't dribble... doesn't post... no go to move... no. He is not a special offensive player. Explain to me what he can do for an offense that couldn't be done by All Horford. I can nMe something Horford can do that he can't (threes). Is Horford a great offensive player?

No one cares about the second round. No one. There are no banners for that.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 06:03 PM
He doesn't have the ball.. has no special skill as a shooter... can't dribble... doesn't post... no go to move... no. He is not a special offensive player. Explain to me what he can do for an offense that couldn't be done by All Horford. I can make something Horford can do that he can't (threes). Is Horford a great offensive player?

No one cares about the second round. No one. They're are no banners for that.

Has Horford been a relentless screener? An elite rim runner? Is he a great offensive rebounder? Has an offense been centered around him doing those things? When you're supposed to be in the lottery the 2nd round looks great

The Jazz have division champion banners even since divisions haven't meant anything. I'm guessing the Wolves do as well for their one 1st place finish. Not everyone is the Celtics or Lakers

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 06:05 PM
https://www.canishoopus.com/2023/11/3/23940831/analyzing-rudy-goberts-pick-and-roll-dominance-minnesota-timberwolves-mike-conley-chris-finch-nba

The numbers back up the pairing of experienced pick-and-roll partners. Per PBP Stats (https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612750&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=201144,203497), when Conley and Gobert are on the floor together (99 minutes so far this season), Minnesota has a 114.43 offensive rating. That would rank eighth in the entire NBA as far as team offensive ratings go. Conversely, when Gobert is on the floor without Conley (26 minutes), the team’s offensive rating is a prehistoric 86.27. If Conley’s on the court without Gobert, which has a minuscule 15-minute sample size, the results are similar: an 88.24 offensive rating.

this is from this year on the Wolves too. Ideally Ant will be able to run it with him eventually. Something the great Mitchell could never do so Conley and Ingles had to play that role instead of the great superstar

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2023, 06:31 PM
Has Horford been a relentless screener? An elite rim runner? Is he a great offensive rebounder? Has an offense been centered around him doing those things? When you're supposed to be in the lottery the 2nd round looks great

The Jazz have division champion banners even since divisions haven't meant anything. I'm guessing the Wolves do as well for their one 1st place finish. Not everyone is the Celtics or Lakers

Al Horford has averaged over 12 points.

I've had more than enough of arguing with the insane for the night.

Axe
11-07-2023, 06:43 PM

Fyi the wolves won 46 games when your hero came there last year and only won 42 games the first season he played for them. Not sure what lottery you're talking about.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2023, 06:46 PM
Fyi the wolves won 46 games when your hero came there last year and only won 42 games the first season he played for them. Not sure what lottery you're talking about.

I'll remind you again adults don't have heroes. Maybe you'll grow up one day and find that out for yourself.

Axe
11-07-2023, 07:00 PM
Deflection lol

hold this L
11-07-2023, 08:43 PM

https://media.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

Axe
11-09-2023, 04:08 AM
https://i.ibb.co/GQgrY8v/IMG-20231109-160253.jpg

So their ongoing defensive prowess starts with this guy, not some certain big cumbersome role player rt. :kobe:

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 06:44 AM
https://i.ibb.co/GQgrY8v/IMG-20231109-160253.jpg

So their ongoing defensive prowess starts with this guy, not some certain big cumbersome role player rt. :kobe:

It starts with the 2 stars of the team. Two top 10 defenders. Keep trying troll

FireDavidKahn
11-09-2023, 02:09 PM
The Lead
@TheLeadSM
Best defended FG% so far this season (min 60 defended field goal attempts):

32.3 - Jaden McDaniels
32.5 - KCP
34.9 - Rudy Gobert
35.2 - Wemby
35.3 - Kyle Anderson
36.1 - Gordon Hayward
36.6 - Chris Paul
37.3 - Herb Jones
37.5 - OG Anunoby
37.6 - Xavier Tillman

3 Wolves in the top 5

:biggums:

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 03:34 PM
3 Wolves in the top 5

if they could only do it against someone good!

tontoz
11-09-2023, 03:52 PM
Zach Lowe had some positive comments about their D on his 11/7 podcast.

warriorfan
11-09-2023, 04:34 PM
In the clip someone posted of defensive sequences against boston it looked like they were sagging off pretty hard at the 3 point line a lot. Warriors play the wolves twice coming up soon. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 07:41 PM
In the clip someone posted of defensive sequences against boston it looked like they were sagging off pretty hard at the 3 point line a lot. Warriors play the wolves twice coming up soon. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

looked like he Gobert was able to play more in the middle. Close enough to bother shooters on the perimeter while still being able to get back in the paint. Nice to have everyone buying in so you can use all your strengths

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 08:38 AM
“Anthony Edwards is a top-10 player in the NBA right now,” an NBA scout told *********. “He’s the real deal and plays both sides of the ball. (https://*********.com/lists/nba-notebook-anthony-edwards-victor-wembanyama-chet-holmgren-og-anunoby-kelly-oubre-patrick-williams/) Minnesota has two top-10 NBA defenders: Rudy Gobert, with his rim protection, and Jaden McDaniels, one of the best defenders on the perimeter. People forget they played Denver tough the last few games of their series. I think they can be a real threat in the West.” “The Timberwolves are coming,” another NBA scout told *********. “They defend at a high level and play with a chip on their shoulder and hard. I think they’ll be one of the top four teams in the West if they stay healthy this season.”
– via Michael Scotto @ ********* (https://*********.com/lists/nba-notebook-anthony-edwards-victor-wembanyama-chet-holmgren-og-anunoby-kelly-oubre-patrick-williams/)

Manny98
11-10-2023, 09:30 AM
3 Wolves in the top 5

McDaniels is the best defensive player in the league :applause:

SATAN
11-10-2023, 09:38 AM
“Anthony Edwards is a top-10 player in the NBA right now,” an NBA scout told *********. “He’s the real deal and plays both sides of the ball. (https://*********.com/lists/nba-notebook-anthony-edwards-victor-wembanyama-chet-holmgren-og-anunoby-kelly-oubre-patrick-williams/) Minnesota has two top-10 NBA defenders: Rudy Gobert

:roll:

tontoz
11-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Ant is averaging 28/6/5 with a 61% TS and is playing good D. It isn't that big of a reach to call him a top 10 player.

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 11:44 AM
McDaniels is the best defensive player in the league :applause:

as long as it isn't Gobert! :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 11:45 AM
Ant is averaging 28/6/5 with a 61% TS and is playing good D. It isn't that big of a reach to call him a top 10 player.

great D. An actual two way player. Maybe if he got more triple doubles he'd get the hype of the one way stat stuffers get?

Manny98
11-10-2023, 01:23 PM
as long as it isn't Gobert! :facepalm

Well he's not

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2023, 01:28 PM
The media is starting to take notice. Well, Vegas to be specific. Vegas usually is way more reliable as actual money is on the line and they don't give a shit about narrative.

"Rudy Gobert is the new favorite to win DPOY, per @BovadaOfficial

Rudy Gobert +600
Evan Mobley +800
Jaren Jackson Jr. +800
Victor Wembanyama +900
Anthony Davis +1000

(Via bit.ly/DunkCentralNBA)"

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 02:48 PM
Well he's not

of course not. God forbid :roll:

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 04:35 PM
Timberwolves Talk: Tim MacMahon spoke to a few scouts about Anthony Edwards and one of them had this to say: “He’s the next Michael Jordan” (http://twitter.com/LetsTalk_Wolves/status/1723006973329760349) Via: The Hoop Collective

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/LetsTalk_Wolves/status/1723006973329760349)

If he'd only put up some triple doubles he might get noticed!

Manny98
11-10-2023, 05:21 PM
If he'd only put up some triple doubles he might get noticed!

What are you blabbering amount most people have Edwards as a top 15 player in the league

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 05:50 PM
NBA Central: “Was talking to some scouts before last nights game, one of them said about Anthony Edwards that ‘he’s the next Michael Jordan’… He’s coming for Giannis crown as the best two-way superstar” (https://*********.com/social/) – @espn_macmahon (h/t @BasketballOnX ) pic.twitter.com/jF2UJhfBu2

– via Twitter TheNBACentral (https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral)

might need more triple doubles

Manny98
11-10-2023, 05:54 PM
might need more triple doubles

Literally nobody is denying that Edwards isn't a superstar so I don't understand what you're trying to argue

tontoz
11-10-2023, 08:12 PM
I think resigning Kat to that big contract was a mistake. I thought they would have been better off trading him. When I watch him at times he seems like he is just not right in the head.

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 08:14 PM
I think resigning Kat to that big contract was a mistake. I thought they would have been better off trading him. When I watch him at times he seems like he is just not right in the head.

might still trade him. I'm sure they can get rid of him if Ayton can be traded. Those highlites from the Boston game seemed to have him buying in defensively like everyone else

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Rudy vs his Wemby tonite! :cheers:

SATAN
11-10-2023, 09:33 PM
Toody got a dunk on Wemby :lol

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2023, 09:39 PM
Toody got a dunk on Wemby :lol

someone almost as long as him

tontoz
11-11-2023, 12:02 PM
Hoops Tonight podcast analysis of the Wolves.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/56imUUHFcKkevsVERwhaDx?si=tzJ9sQVNSbmHEQDtNwp2Dw

FireDavidKahn
11-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Defense, so far, has came to play again.

Streaming it tonight and listening to the Warriors broadcast...they are non-stop praising Gobert (rightfully)

Axe
11-12-2023, 11:21 PM
Warriors getting exposed so hard rn lol.

Im Still Ballin
11-12-2023, 11:26 PM
That D is crazy. On pace to hold a team to below 40% FG and 30% 3PT for the 5th time in 6 games. Would've tied 2008 Boston's record of six games in a row if not for Wemby going off.

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2023, 11:38 PM
Defense, so far, has came to play again.

Streaming it tonight and listening to the Warriors broadcast...they are non-stop praising Gobert (rightfully)

what is wrong with them! :lol

Axe
11-12-2023, 11:41 PM
Kat with over 20 points and a double-double already, more useful than the big role player!

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2023, 11:42 PM
Kat with over 20 points and a double-double already, more useful than the big role player!

:facepalm

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2023, 11:59 PM
When are the Wolves going to beat a good team?

FireDavidKahn
11-13-2023, 12:57 AM
I'm a fan of Dray but he messed up bad trying to trash talk Ant:roll: Ant is one of a few people in the league you don't want to talk trash to because he's immediately going to shove it right back down your throat. Happens alot. Did it to Tatum the other night as well:roll:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1723924586612277336?t=hOtEpHtpKApryAmMZqfFkA&s=19

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 08:05 AM
Wiggins and Green together couldn't contain him :lol

Im Still Ballin
11-13-2023, 08:09 AM
I'm a fan of Dray but he messed up bad trying to trash talk Ant:roll: Ant is one of a few people in the league you don't want to talk trash to because he's immediately going to shove it right back down your throat. Happens alot. Did it to Tatum the other night as well:roll:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1723924586612277336?t=hOtEpHtpKApryAmMZqfFkA&s=19

I love this guy! I love this team!

FireDavidKahn
11-13-2023, 08:23 AM
I love this guy! I love this team!

Ant scored 8 straight after Green asked Ant "What are you going to do about it?":roll:

Ant is goated just for that alone :roll:

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 08:24 AM
Ch
ristopher Hine: Anthony Edwards said assistant Elston Turner, the team’s def. coordinator, was heated at half. “At halftime we got cussed out. We didn’t want to get cussed out at the end of the game. (https://*********.com/social/) … He came in here with a little attitude. We ain’t used to that so we had to change it up.”

– via Twitter ChristopherHine (https://twitter.com/ChristopherHine)

COTY!

Christopher Hine: Anthony Edwards on what Mike Conley said to him late in the game: “Mike just tells me, ‘No more 3s, man. Get inside the three-point line. It ain’t falling.’ He pretty much just told me to get to the line. … My middy started to fall late. That helped me a lot.” (https://*********.com/social/)

The difference between a great vet and the cancer he replaced

FireDavidKahn
11-13-2023, 09:33 AM
Ch

COTY!

The difference between a great vet and the cancer he replaced

Connelly trading DBlow for Conley, NAW and three second round picks (I'm pretty sure some of them were used to take up to get Leonard Miller) is such an underrated move.

Masterclass of a trade. Whatever someone's opinion on the Gobert trade is, Connelly had hit home runs in virtually every other move

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Connelly trading DBlow for Conley, NAW and three second round picks (I'm pretty sure some of them were used to take up to get Leonard Miller) is such an underrated move.

Masterclass of a trade. Whatever someone's opinion on the Gobert trade is, Connelly had hit home runs in virtually every other move

Conley certainly wasn't an underrated move by me. Russell was the biggest problem with their team and Conley is one of the 5 best teammates Gobert had in Utah. They already had great chemistry together. Liked Nickeil as well. The Gobert trade appears to be paying off now which is why you trade future unknown assets for now

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 11:52 AM
Draymond: “What you gonna do about it?”
Ant: “Ain’t nobody worried about you bruh, hell nah” pic.twitter.com/wmudknqYhS (https://t.co/wmudknqYhS)
— Timberwolves Clips (@WolvesClips) November 13, 2023 (https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1723916367902970133?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1723916367902970133?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1723916367902970133%7Ctwgr% 5Ef1bff9198f64a2a3c6b3b1330b604f27f275dfef%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F11 %2Fanthony-edwards-draymond-green-beef-warriors-timberwolves)

tontoz
11-13-2023, 11:58 AM
Ant is a beast. Dray needs to stop pretending like guys are afraid of him. Ant is not Jordan Poole lol.

FireDavidKahn
11-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Holy hell this is insane

The worst half court defense (remove transition) in the league thus far is giving up 106.0 points per 100 possessions.

The league-average for half court D this season is 95.7 points per 100.

The 2nd-best half court D is giving up 87.7 points per 100.

The Wolves are giving up 82.8 points per 100 in the half court.

Im Still Ballin
11-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Holy hell this is insane

The worst half court defense (remove transition) in the league thus far is giving up 106.0 points per 100 possessions.

The league-average for half court D this season is 95.7 points per 100.

The 2nd-best half court D is giving up 87.7 points per 100.

The Wolves are giving up 82.8 points per 100 in the half court.

Damn.

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 02:23 PM
now if they could just do against a good team!

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 04:52 PM
NBA Communications: Minnesota Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards and Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid have been named the NBA Western and Eastern Conference Players of the Week, (http://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1724162725377376725) respectively, for Week 3 of the 2023-24 season (Nov. 6-12).
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1724162725377376725)

Manny98
11-13-2023, 04:58 PM
now if they could just do against a good team!

Get past the second round then start talking

Minnesota don't have close to the offensive firepower to go up against the likes of Golden State and Denver out west in a 7 game series

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 05:01 PM
Get past the second round then start talking

Minnesota don't have close to the offensive firepower to go up against the likes of Golden State and Denver out west in a 7 game series

the game is played at both ends of the floor, GS is old. Will Murray be on the floor? Chris Paul almost certainly won't be

Manny98
11-13-2023, 05:04 PM
the game is played at both ends of the floor, GS is old. Will Murray be on the floor? Chris Paul almost certainly won't be
An old Golden State are beating Minny in 5

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2023, 05:07 PM
An old Golden State are beating Minny in 5

have you ever made a correct prediction about anything? :lol

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 11:53 AM
“Whether people hate me or love me, I’m going to keep being me, give 200 percent when I’m on the court and be the best Rudy I can be,” Gobert said (https://andscape.com/features/minnesota-timberwolves-center-rudy-gobert-turns-the-boos-into-cheers/) following the Timberwolves’ practice Nov. 11. “I’m going to keep spreading love off the court. But, obviously, when things are good, people are going to appreciate you and what you do.”
– via Marc J. Spears @ Andscape (https://andscape.com/features/minnesota-timberwolves-center-rudy-gobert-turns-the-boos-into-cheers/)

“I try to stay off my emotions, but I’m a very emotional human being,” Gobert said. “I felt that with the fan base, maybe I wasn’t completely welcomed. But at the same time, I knew that I had to earn the respect in a way and that’s part of it. (https://andscape.com/features/minnesota-timberwolves-center-rudy-gobert-turns-the-boos-into-cheers/) When you’re good, people are going to cheer for you. When you’re not good, people are going to criticize you … “When I look back now, it’s part of the process. I guess it comes with the expectations. It’s not something magical where [instantly], ‘Rudy is here. We’re not in the NBA Finals. We’re not the best defense in the league.’ Maybe they were [disappointed]. It’s part of the process. It wasn’t great to hear some of the things that I heard, but I had to turn off the emotions a little bit and focus on winning.”
– via Marc J. Spears @ Andscape (https://andscape.com/features/minnesota-timberwolves-center-rudy-gobert-turns-the-boos-into-cheers/)

“Make no mistake about it, Gobert has always been hell of a player,” Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said. (https://andscape.com/features/minnesota-timberwolves-center-rudy-gobert-turns-the-boos-into-cheers/) “I realize he can be controversial and people have different opinions of him. But this guy has been defensive player of the year multiple times. Whatever team he’s on is going to have a formidable defense.”

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 03:33 PM
Alan Horton: Warriors say Stephen Curry (right knee soreness) is OUT for tonight’s game (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1724505058992382413) vs. Wolves.

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1724505058992382413)

running scared. Can't blame him :cheers:

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 12:15 PM
The Timberwolves are now projected to be deep in the luxury tax and second apron starting in 2024-25. Their penalty is projected to exceed $50 million, and that is before re-signing Mike Conley or replacing him with another point guard. (https://*********.com/lists/nba-klay-thompson-timberwolves-magic-wizards-tobias-harris-in-season-tournament/) There is room for their penalty to exceed $120 million if they keep every player under contract for next season, re-sign Conley, and Edwards makes an All-NBA team, increasing his maximum contract by five percent and next year’s salary by $7 million.

– via Michael Scotto @ ********* (https://*********.com/lists/nba-klay-thompson-timberwolves-magic-wizards-tobias-harris-in-season-tournament/)

now or never

dankok8
11-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Minny defense now -7.8 rDRtg after one crushing defeat to Phoenix...

tontoz
11-16-2023, 01:27 PM
It was their 3rd game in 4 nights on the road. They aren't going to shoot 18% from 3 very often pretty obvious their legs were tired.

NBAGOAT
11-16-2023, 08:09 PM
Heard on Lowe post before this game teams were shooting 31% from 3 vs the wolves. That will regress for sure. They’ll still be an elite defense rest of the year but won’t be this dominant

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 08:14 PM
Heard on Lowe post before this game teams were shooting 31% from 3 vs the wolves. That will regress for sure. They’ll still be an elite defense rest of the year but won’t be this dominant

not many teams have 7 footers guarding the perimeter while still having 7 footers at the rim. Actually no teams other than maybe the Jazz who suck defensively

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last season, Edwards averaged 4.4 assists and 3.3 turnovers. He was and is a scorer first. He jacked lots of long 2s and missed some passing reads. Even in starring for Team USA at the FIBA World Cup this past summer, Edwards played with occasional tunnel vision. In over 1,600 minutes across 67 games last season, there were 15 possessions on which Edwards passed to Gobert on the pick-and-roll and Gobert then attempted a shot, per Second Spectrum. That is fewer than one possession every four games (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38907176/zach-lowe-why-wolves-need-win-now-sga-superstar-trait). “We were just never able to establish that chemistry between Ant and Rudy,” Minnesota coach Chris Finch told ESPN.

– via Zach Lowe @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38907176/zach-lowe-why-wolves-need-win-now-sga-superstar-trait)

and probably still a lot better than Mitchell ever was with Gobert

Gobert left the U.S. early last offseason to work with the French national team, but Edwards stayed longer in Minnesota. Every day, the Wolves picked one player who happened to be around — Reid, Josh Minott, Leonard Miller — to mimic Gobert and run pick-and-rolls with Edwards. They practiced pocket passes, skips to the corner, thread-the-needle slips against blitzes, even lobs — though they had no target nearly as tall as Gobert. “Rudy,” Finch said, “is kind of hard to replicate.” Before games now, Edwards huddles with Conley to discuss schemes they might see and passes that might be available. “Every single game,” Edwards told ESPN. “That’s basically all Mike and I talk about.” (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38907176/zach-lowe-why-wolves-need-win-now-sga-superstar-trait)

– via Zach Lowe @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38907176/zach-lowe-why-wolves-need-win-now-sga-superstar-trait)

Edwards is up to 5.2 assists. He has already found Gobert for seven shots directly out of the pick-and-roll — almost half their number from last season, per Second Spectrum. They are collaborating on six more pick-and-rolls per 100 possessions. “He has a much better understanding of where his passes are going to be before he attacks,” Finch said. “That pattern recognition is huge.” (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38907176/zach-lowe-why-wolves-need-win-now-sga-superstar-trait)

He's lucky to have Conley. Mitchell had Conley and Ingles but learned little

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2023, 10:33 PM
big comeback on the road. The defense not so good with Ant fouling out but the offense was good

Proctor
11-18-2023, 10:35 PM
Scheduled loss until Towns came up clutch. Gobert missing two FTs in a chance to win was painful

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2023, 10:40 PM
Scheduled loss until Towns came up clutch. Gobert missing two FTs in a chance to win was painful

how would it have been a scheduled loss? :oldlol:

tontoz
11-18-2023, 10:41 PM
Kat is getting his mojo back on offense.

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2023, 10:42 PM
Kat is getting his mojo back on offense.

must've lost it defensively

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2023, 07:12 AM
Alan Horton: The Timberwolves are in 1st place in the Western Conference standings (at least 10 games into a season) for 1st time since the end of the 03/04 season (http://twitter.com/wolvesradio/status/1726078572241015004?s=46&t=sFQ1esZ2sOxJBCUP0CZX3g).

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/wolvesradio/status/1726078572241015004?s=46&t=sFQ1esZ2sOxJBCUP0CZX3g)

I'm guessing that was the only other time? Just got to hope everyone is able to feed their families

FireDavidKahn
11-19-2023, 09:57 AM
Ant confirmed to have at least a minimum 40" vertical IN GAME

https://twitter.com/nbastats/status/1725981515933184242?t=e50fuLYVCpcqcyHQCdT0RQ&s=19

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2023, 10:59 PM
close game before Minnesota's D shut Knicks down in the 3rd without McDaniel

tontoz
11-20-2023, 11:24 PM
close game before Minnesota's D shut Knicks down in the 3rd without McDaniel

I watched the Pels game and they definitely stepped up the D in the 4th.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2023, 11:31 PM
another dominating win against a top team in the east

FireDavidKahn
11-20-2023, 11:32 PM
D back on track against a streaking Knicks team.

Rudy was ridiculous tonight.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2023, 11:34 PM
D back on track against a streaking Knicks team.

Rudy was ridiculous tonight.

without McDaniel

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 08:10 AM
Jon Krawczynski: KAT: “We all have the will that’s needed to win on a daily basis because we’ve seen how when you don’t have the will how seasons turn out. We also understand MN has lacked in one word and that’s execution. If we execute at a high level, we can see our fortunes change here.” (https://*********.com/social/)

– via Twitter JonKrawczynski (https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski)

how many years you been in the league? You're just getting that now?

FireDavidKahn
11-21-2023, 01:44 PM
Another stellar defensive effort.

Wolves held the Knicks to...

100 PTS | 34.8% FG | 23.7% 3PT

It's the 6th time this season MIN has held an Opp < 40% FG% & < 30% 3PT%.

No other team has done more that more than twice.

12 teams have yet to do it.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 01:50 PM
Another stellar defensive effort.

Wolves held the Knicks to...

100 PTS | 34.8% FG | 23.7% 3PT

It's the 6th time this season MIN has held an Opp < 40% FG% & < 30% 3PT%.

No other team has done more that more than twice.

12 teams have yet to do it.

mostly without McDaniels. Dominating at home

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2023, 04:03 PM
Shams Charania: 76ers star Joel Embiid will miss today’s road game vs. Timberwolves on second night of back-to-back due to left hip soreness, (https://*********.com/social/) sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium . It will be the reigning NBA MVP’s first absence of the season for 10-4 Philadelphia.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

wants no part of the Wolves. Can't blame him

FireDavidKahn
11-22-2023, 04:13 PM
wants no part of the Wolves. Can't blame him

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmjeSbraUAIv2Xd.jpg

FireDavidKahn
11-22-2023, 04:46 PM
So far the Wolves have the best record against teams who are .500 and over

We are 6+1

https://twitter.com/BallLivesInUs/status/1727359039842160834?t=CC61HZWCbJpywa0l9wJUfQ&s=19

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
long nite for the Sixers it looks like

Spurs m8
11-22-2023, 10:07 PM
So this is why Embiid is sitting out...again?

What a fvcking pvssy this guy is.

Give it a year or so and he will be sitting out against Wemby too...though knowing the pvssy, he is probably already scared of Wemby.

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2023, 10:17 PM
back to back

FireDavidKahn
11-22-2023, 11:21 PM
Under 100 again

UNDER <40% and <30% AGAIN

Im Still Ballin
11-22-2023, 11:22 PM
another game holding a team below 40% FG and 30% 3PT. Noice!

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2023, 11:23 PM
Kings next victim in Minny

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2023, 09:25 AM
The Wolves delivered perhaps their best first quarter of the season against the tired Sixers, outscoring them 37-20. Philadelphia got close for a moment in the second quarter, but Minnesota turned back the charge and never trailed. “We ain’t coming out here to play around,” Edwards said after putting up 31 points, six rebounds and six assists. “Let’s come out here, 48 minutes, play hard — hard as we can — and do what the coaches say. (https://theathletic.com/5084569/2023/11/23/timberwolves-have-team-they-can-embrace/) And if we come up short, we come up short. But I think we’ve been doing pretty good.”
– via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5084569/2023/11/23/timberwolves-have-team-they-can-embrace/)

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Christopher Hine: Naz Reid on Timberwolves improved approach this season: “Everybody’s here to win. Everybody has one goal. Everybody’s got their money situation out of the way. (https://*********.com/social/) Now we’re here to play basketball and win the game. We’re not really too much worried about anything other than that.”

Naz got paid

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards believes he can become the first athlete to play in both the NBA and NFL. In a recent conversation with comedian Marco Summers on his talk show “Open Thoughts,” Summers asked the All-Star guard if he could still play football and if there’s ever been a player to play in both leagues. With confidence, Edwards replied to Summers: “I think I might be the first one.” (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38962660/anthony-edwards-nba-nfl)
– via ESPN staff @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38962660/anthony-edwards-nba-nfl)

But with his basketball career as his main priority, Edwards says he has to “handle his business in the NBA.” “As a team, [the] Minnesota [Timberwolves] organization, we want to win a championship. After that, we’ll figure that out,” Edwards said (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38962660/anthony-edwards-nba-nfl).
– via ESPN staff @ ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38962660/anthony-edwards-nba-nfl)

FireDavidKahn
11-24-2023, 01:09 PM
NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral
Leaders in Defensive Ratings:

1. Rudy Gobert - 101.8
2. Karl-Anthony Towns - 103.6
3. Chet Holmgren - 104.5
4. Anthony Davis - 104.6
5. Jae'Sean Tate - 104.6
6. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - 105.0
7. Jalen Suggs - 105.2
8. Kyle Anderson - 105.8
9. Mitchell Robinson - 105.9
10. Kristaps Porziņģis - 106.3
11. Naz Reid - 106.4
12. Jayson Tatum - 106.5
13. Russell Westbrook - 106.7
14. Anthony Edwards - 106.8
15. Nikola Jokić - 106.9
16. Bam Adebayo - 107.3
17. Alperen Şengün - 107.4
18. Paul George - 107.5
19. Jabari Smith Jr. - 107.6
20. Nickeil Alexander-Walker - 107.6

6 Wolves in the top 20

Xiao Yao You
11-24-2023, 02:30 PM
Reid, Anderson and Towns being the surprises

Proctor
11-24-2023, 11:16 PM
Rough night for the Wolves. Too many dumb plays from Towns and Gobert late. The Soft Bros are painful :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
11-24-2023, 11:21 PM
Rough night for the Wolves. Too many dumb plays from Towns and Gobert late. The Soft Bros are painful :facepalm

looks like the game was lost in the 1st and 3rd troll

Manny98
11-25-2023, 03:41 AM
Kings next victim in Minny

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2023, 09:20 AM
without their best defender according to you so really not that funny :coleman:

Manny98
11-25-2023, 10:24 AM
without their best defender according to you so really not that funny :coleman:
Well no wonder their defense was so shit last night :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2023, 10:31 AM

the Kings are a pretty good offensive team

Proctor
11-25-2023, 02:11 PM
Might have been a scheduled loss!

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2023, 02:18 PM

:facepalm

GimmeThat
11-26-2023, 03:28 AM
Conley shouldn't be averaging more offensive board than the 2 back up SG

Manny98
11-26-2023, 11:42 AM

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 05:31 PM
Shake Milton is certainly not solely to blame for the bench’s struggles. The normally reliable Kyle Anderson had just four points against the Kings and the Wolves were outscored by 24 points in his 18 minutes on the court. After a great start to the season, Reid has hit a cold streak, averaging 10.0 points and shooting 26 percent from 3. “Something that’s been kind of up and down for us is our bench production,” Finch said. “Right now we’re struggling a little bit with it. But I also believe that our defense kind of dropped off, too, more than anything else.” (https://theathletic.com/5088019/2023/11/26/timberwolves-shake-milton-bench)

– via The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5088019/2023/11/26/timberwolves-shake-milton-bench)

has to be Gobert's fault!

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Dane Moore: Anthony Edwards has just been added to the Wolves injury report. Edwards is now listed as questionable with upper back spasms (https://*********.com/social/) for tonight’s game in Memphis.
– via Twitter DaneMooreNBA (https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA)

Manny98
11-26-2023, 07:01 PM
Need Minny to win tonight for my bet

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 07:08 PM
Need Minny to win tonight for my bet

betting on Minny to win. Not a good look for a troll

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 07:18 PM
Edwards playing. Ugly early for Memphis

Manny98
11-26-2023, 07:48 PM
Jaren Jackson has fallen off a cliff since AD destroyed him in the playoffs

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 08:13 PM
crushing D on the road

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 09:07 PM
Conley in without Gobert. Hope everything is alright

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 09:19 PM
looks like Rudy is in there after Memphis made up some ground

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 09:38 PM
Gobert in rare foul trouble but they took care of business on the road with another dominating performance

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2023, 07:22 AM
“It’s always like the first time when I come back here,” Conley said. “These fans basically raised me. This city raised me. There’s so many great memories. Every time I come back, I’m flooded with a whole new set of them. I’m truthfully thankful and grateful to still play in front of them.” Both the six three-pointers and 10 assists were Conley’s season highs. It was the seventh occasion in Wolves history of a player having six threes and 10 assists in a game. The others: D’Angelo Russell (twice), Mo Williams, Kevin Love, Chauncey Billups and Stephon Marbury. At 36 years and 46 days, he became the second-oldest player to do that. The oldest is Jason Kidd, who did it on his 37th birthday in 2010 (https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-timberwolves-memphis-grizzlies-mike-conley-nickeil-alexander-walker-anthony-edwards/600322507/).
– via Jerry Zgoda, Star Tribune @ Minneapolis Star-Tribune (https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-timberwolves-memphis-grizzlies-mike-conley-nickeil-alexander-walker-anthony-edwards/600322507/)

FireDavidKahn

Number of times MIN's defense has held an opponent to <40% FG% and <30% 3PT% in a game this season.

No other team has done it more than 3x.

10 teams have yet to do it.

Last season MIL led NBA doing it 9x in 82 games.

MIN has now done it 8x in 16 games.

Funny how when we lose we just lay a goose egg and completely fall apart which hurts our drtg but we've consistently had the most dominant defense.

Xiao Yao You

Number of times MIN's defense has held an opponent to <40% FG% and <30% 3PT% in a game this season.

Funny how when we lose we just lay a goose egg and completely fall apart which hurts our drtg but we've consistently had the most dominant defense.

With Gobert in foul trouble and McDaniels out

Axe
11-27-2023, 08:26 AM

Very curious to see how this will carry on in the playoffs.

tontoz
11-28-2023, 08:46 PM
Wolves are still 1st in drtg but the margin has narrowed. They are up to 13rh in ortg.

Good test tonight. OKC has struggled against size. They rank 29th in defensive rebounding.

SATAN
11-28-2023, 09:00 PM
Chet vs Baguette. Let's go.

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 10:10 PM
Looks like they could use McDaniels tonite

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 10:56 PM
Looks like Turner mad some half time adjustments. If only Gobert wasn't holding these guys back!

tontoz
11-28-2023, 11:25 PM
Once again OKC gets crushed on the boards against a team with size. They can't be considered a serious contender until they address that.

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 11:27 PM
Once again OKC gets crushed on the boards against a team with size. They can't be considered a serious contender until they address that.

Wolves pound everyone on the glass. Looks like it was quite a battle anyway

tontoz
11-28-2023, 11:28 PM
Wolves pound everyone on the glass. Looks like it was quite a battle anyway

I think I could have done better than Alexander did.

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 11:31 PM
I think I could have done better than Alexander did.

10 boards from your starting guards should be enough. 6 from your starting forwards not really

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Looks like Wolves dictated the 2nd half with D again. 6-20 from ISH's ROTY. Dort in foul trouble must've hurt them

FireDavidKahn
11-28-2023, 11:36 PM
Rudy Gobert just had his best game of the season.

He absolutely violated each and every one of the Thunder in the second half on defense. Filthy what he just did to them.

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2023, 11:39 PM
Rudy Gobert just had his best game of the season.

He absolutely violated each and every one of the Thunder in the second half on defense. Filthy what he just did to them.

I didn't want to be the one to say it. It certainly looks like he's the main reason they won on paper

Axe
11-29-2023, 12:04 AM
Wolves are still 1st in drtg but the margin has narrowed. They are up to 13rh in ortg.

Good test tonight. OKC has struggled against size. They rank 29th in defensive rebounding.
C0ckworld in shambles rn.

Xiao Yao You
11-30-2023, 02:19 PM
No Ant tonite. Shouldn't matter unless The Bum is out too

tontoz
11-30-2023, 04:07 PM
I've had one of those hip pointers before. It was a struggle just to get in and out of a car. Didn't last long though.

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Dane Moore: KAT just found Gobert on the lob while running a traditional high quad pick and roll, only this is a traditional pick and roll with two centers — something we’ve started seeing more and more of as the season has gone along. Here’s Chris Finch went asked about that action after the last game… “With KAT’s skill, we can treat him like a guard, and then Rudy’s rolling, gravity can sometimes catch other bigs who are not sure what to do with that coverage… Most of that stuff kind of happens randomly. (https://*********.com/social/) They’re always up there around the top of the floor together in a lot of the things we do. We saw that a bit last year. And KAT’s done a much better job of making smarter plays in those situations… But he’s always been a good Rudy partner when he keeps it simple and lets the play develop with good patience.”

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2023, 07:12 PM
Christopher Hine: Correction: I misheard Finch. Gobert is IN tonight. Edwards is out (https://*********.com/social/).

on pace for another triple double!

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2023, 07:27 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-power-rankings-timberwolves-remain-232244826.html

Last Rank: 1

The Timberwolves (https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/tag/minnesota-timberwolves) went 13-2 in November to post the best month in franchise history. The group has the top defense and has held opponents to 40% shooting from the field or worse 10 times this season, the most by any team in the league. They’ve been tough to beat in the early going and should continue their run.

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2023, 08:28 PM
Rudy back to his carrying ways with Ant out. Taking care of business on the road

FireDavidKahn
12-03-2023, 12:24 AM
This stat is absolutely wild.

- Since taking over the top spot in the West on 11/19: Wolves have a +24.3 rating when KAT and Rudy share the court. (122.7 ORtg, 98.4 DRtg). They are 6-1 in that span.

Seems like they are learning to dominate together.

Superstar mode Ant
Jaden McDaniels
Gobert and KAT learning to thrive playing next to each other...

If we're healthy come play offs...The Wolves have something special cooking

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2023, 02:27 AM
This stat is absolutely wild.

Seems like they are learning to dominate together.

Superstar mode Ant
Jaden McDaniels
Gobert and KAT learning to thrive playing next to each other...

If we're healthy come play offs...The Wolves have something special cooking

no one can match up to their size if they can play well that way

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2023, 02:33 AM
Christopher Hine: Mike Conley on Rudy’s big night offensively: “His gravity allowed for us to do a lot of those things late in the game, the spacing that we had.” (https://*********.com/social/) Key element of the Wolves’ late-game execution was how well Rudy played all night.

Christopher Hine: Rudy Gobert on playing with Karl and Naz in the fourth: “People call these guys bigs. They’re not bigs, they’re just tall. They don’t play like bigs.” (https://*********.com/social/) (Pauses as he sees Kat is listening in) “Kat does a little bit sometimes, when he decides to bully a little bit.” (Kat growls)

Played the 3 bigs together! Spacing because of rim gravity. Where have we heard that before trolls? :lol

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2023, 02:34 AM
Jon Krawczynski: The Minnesota Timberwolves are 15-4. They have held the No. 1 spot in the Western Conference for the last 12 days (https://*********.com/social/). In their 34 previous seasons in the league, they had sole possession of first place in the West for 10 days total. In 34 years.

feeding their famililes! :cheers:

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Towns had 28 points and seven rebounds and hit a huge 3 earlier in the fourth quarter to spark the Wolves’ comeback. Reid added 23 points and five boards, a dominant showing from the team’s three bigs against the smaller Hornets. “It’s fun, you know,” Gobert told Bally Sports North after the game. “People call them bigs, but they’re not bigs. They’re just unicorns.” (https://theathletic.com/5106970/2023/12/02/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-load-management/) The win moved the Timberwolves to 15-4 on the season. Getting it was big because they play the Spurs on Wednesday and the Grizzlies on Friday before the schedule stiffens with trips to New Orleans, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia, Sacramento and Oklahoma City in December. “Just being dominant, just being aggressive,” Gobert said. “My teammates did a great job finding me early in the game, and I just tried to be a force.”
– via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5106970/2023/12/02/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-load-management/)

Finch believes it sets a tone for the team, and he credits the players with embracing the approach. The way he sees it, the best teams are often the ones that can push through the hurdles that always come in such a grueling season. Taking nights off just for the sake of taking them does little, in his mind, to prepare a team for when adversity hits. “There’s going to be points in the season where you’ve got to play these types of games,” he said. “If you’re always resting guys, then you don’t have the resiliency to go battle through that, so I think it’s important.” (https://theathletic.com/5106970/2023/12/02/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-load-management/)
– via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5106970/2023/12/02/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-load-management/)

8Ball
12-03-2023, 02:19 PM
Looks like Xiao Yao You was right about Gobert.

He eating in this thread.

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Looks like Xiao Yao You was right about Gobert.

He eating in this thread.

the silence speaks volumes

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2023, 11:13 AM
What’s allowed Mark Williams to take a step forward this season? Gordon Hayward: He’s really come along. He’s got a great feel for the game. In Utah, you could see the same thing with Rudy Gobert. (https://*********.com/lists/gordon-hayward-on-lamelo-ball-brandon-miller-mark-williams-and-rudy-gobert-comparison-future/) Initially, he’s young and kind of like Bambi out there, but you can’t teach that defensive feel where they have good timing and know when to help or when to play cat and mouse. Offensively, he’s got great hands and catches just about everything. He’s still going to get better and has a ways to go, but I think he’s definitely taken a step, and he’s certainly got a bright future.

– via Michael Scotto @ ********* (https://*********.com/lists/gordon-hayward-on-lamelo-ball-brandon-miller-mark-williams-and-rudy-gobert-comparison-future/)

high praise

Im Still Ballin
12-04-2023, 11:42 AM
For all the chaos last season, Minnesota was still a top-10 defense. Meanwhile, the Cavaliers were only the 9th-best offense last season and are now this season currently ranked 22nd. With rumors of Mitchell wanting out, things aren't looking too well for Donovan acolytes.

He puts up big numbers but just how much does it help his team?

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2023, 11:52 AM
For all the chaos last season, Minnesota was still a top-10 defense. Meanwhile, the Cavaliers were only the 9th-best offense last season and are now this season currently ranked 22nd. With rumors of Mitchell wanting out, things aren't looking too well for Donovan acolytes.

He puts up big numbers but just how much does it help his team?

helped Cavs more than the Jazz but probably because they have more talent than the Jazz did

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Jon Krawczynski: Chris Finch says Anthony Edwards did get some work in during practice today. (https://*********.com/social/) Will see how next few days go before determining availability for Wednesday vs Spurs

Alan Horton: Chris Finch said Jaden McDaniels is not back practicing yet but progressing well from his right ankle sprain (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1731751623653830900) suffered 2 weeks ago vs. NYK.
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1731751623653830900)

Alan Horton: Chris Finch says Jordan McLaughlin (right MCL sprain) participated in practice today — his 1st since injuring the knee 4 weeks ago (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1731748185121398983) vs, BOS.
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1731748185121398983)

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2023, 07:01 PM
NBA Communications: Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Chris Finch and Orlando Magic head coach Jamahl Mosley have been named the NBA Western and Eastern Conference Coaches of the Month, (http://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1731788081831805260) respectively, for games played in October/November.

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1731788081831805260)

sounds like Elston Turner is the real mastermind behind the Wolves

FireDavidKahn
12-04-2023, 07:21 PM
AlexHoops
@AlexHoops_
Timberwolves opponent rim FGA frequency with Rudy Gobert off: 32.2% (50th percentile)

Timberwolves opponent rim FGA frequency with Gobert on: 25.0% (98th percentile)

Additionally, opponents shoot 4.5 percentage points worse at the rim when he's on the floor.

Teams are so scared of Gobert in the paint
https://twitter.com/AlexHoops_/status/1731787118777671916/photo/1

Xiao Yao You
12-04-2023, 07:22 PM

always have been. Dribble in and back out of the paint

Manny98
12-05-2023, 04:08 AM
I can't wait till the playoffs

Xiao Yao You
12-05-2023, 09:58 AM
I can't wait till the playoffs

plenty of time for trolling in the meantime. For some reason you're awfully quiet these days :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
12-05-2023, 11:57 AM

AlexHoops
@AlexHoops_
Timberwolves opponent rim FGA frequency with Rudy Gobert off: 32.2% (50th percentile)

Timberwolves opponent rim FGA frequency with Gobert on: 25.0% (98th percentile)

Additionally, opponents shoot 4.5 percentage points worse at the rim when he's on the floor.

That's fockin' sweet!

Xiao Yao You
12-05-2023, 07:25 PM
“That All-Star Game [selection] didn’t count. Somebody got hurt and I was the fallback guy… I don’t even like when people call me an All-Star.”

— Anthony Edwards 🗣️

(via @boardroom (https://twitter.com/boardroom?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw))
pic.twitter.com/6FSkbqCurw (https://t.co/6FSkbqCurw)
— ClutchPoints (@ClutchPoints) December 5, 2023 (https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1732135608854696022?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1732135608854696022)

all NBA will suit him better

Manny98
12-06-2023, 03:48 AM
plenty of time for trolling in the meantime. For some reason you're awfully quiet these days :oldlol:
Aww you miss me :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2023, 09:12 PM
Wolves stifling D early

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2023, 10:24 PM
best 3rd quarter team with another great one. Double double already for Rudy

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2023, 10:56 PM
I can't even imagine what prime Rudy was like.

Holy shit is he a monster

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2023, 10:58 PM
Yet another <40% <30% night:applause:

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2023, 11:09 PM
I can't even imagine what prime Rudy was like.

Holy shit is he a monster

Not sure he's peaked? The offense isn't built around his skills anymore. Best Frenchmen is still in Minnesota though

FireDavidKahn
12-07-2023, 12:06 AM
Timberwolves Brasil liked
Timberwolves Muse
@Wolvesmuse
The Timberwolves have now held opponents to <40% FG and <30% 3PT 10 times this season

The Bucks led the entire NBA with 9 such games last season

This team hasn't even hit our stride yet. If we ever get a stretch were Rudy and McDaniels are boht on their A game and Ant/KAT are both on fire no team will be able to compete. We'd blow out everyone.

The potential for this team is crazy. The key is health though. Other teams are built from multiple superstars but this team is the chemistry from our entire starting 5.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 01:22 AM
This team hasn't even hit our stride yet. If we ever get a stretch were Rudy and McDaniels are boht on their A game and Ant/KAT are both on fire no team will be able to compete. We'd blow out everyone.

The potential for this team is crazy. The key is health though. Other teams are built from multiple superstars but this team is the chemistry from our entire starting 5.

No one can match up with their size. Have to beat them with mismatches

999Guy
12-07-2023, 05:53 AM
Gobert gets a standing ovation:

https://streamable.com/391iwo

Second time I’ve seen this for him this year, don’t think I’ve ever seen it for a guy not scoring 40 or more.

He must be visibly, undeniably killing shit defensively that an entire arena is emotionally attached to whatever he’s doing.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 06:01 AM
Gobert gets a standing ovation:

https://streamable.com/391iwo

Second time I’ve seen this for him this year, don’t think I’ve ever seen it for a guy not scoring 40 or more.

He must be visibly, undeniably killing shit defensively that an entire arena is emotionally attached to whatever he’s doing.

great that he is appreciated there. Jazz fans now prefer low efficiency gunners

Manny98
12-07-2023, 08:22 AM
great that he is appreciated there. Jazz fans now prefer low efficiency gunners
Jazz fans prefer getting past the second round, something that hasn’t happened since the Boozer days :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
12-07-2023, 08:33 AM
The defense has endured despite injuries to McDaniels and Edwards. They're currently sitting at -8.2 rDRtg! The all-time record in the post-merger era is -8.8 by San Antonio in 2004. Rudy for DPOY! :applause:

Im Still Ballin
12-07-2023, 08:37 AM
The offense is pretty much the same as last season. What has changed though is the pace and defense. Minnesota's playing more of a half-court style of play, which works to its strengths better.

2022-23 Timberwolves: -1.1 rORtg and -1.0 rDRtg; +1.9 rPace
2023-24 Timberwolves: -1.2 rORtg and -8.2 rDRtg; -0.6 rPace

Go Rudy go! :applause:

Im Still Ballin
12-07-2023, 09:11 AM
We're seeing what Rudy can accomplish with some competent defenders. Rudy's average in Utah from 2015-16 to 2021-22 was -3.1 rDRtg, ranging from -0.7 to -4.7!

Axe
12-07-2023, 09:50 AM
Jazz fans prefer getting past the second round, something that hasn’t happened since the Boozer days :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
12-07-2023, 11:54 AM
According to nba.com, Rudy's ORTG and DRTG last night:

117.5 ORTG (lead team)
69.4 DRTG (lead team)
+48.1 Net RTG

Watching Rudy with competent defenders around him has made him better. He doesn't have to worry about cleaning up the entire defense on every possession. Instead he can put all his focus into doing what he does best because he can trust his teammates to not mess up:pimp:

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 11:57 AM

Yeah they haven't got to face the 8th seed in the 2nd round since :facepalm

Jazz fans used to appreciate good basketball. Mitchell changed that unfortunately. The only explaination for loving A Bum

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 12:00 PM
According to nba.com, Rudy's ORTG and DRTG last night:

117.5 ORTG (lead team)
69.4 DRTG (lead team)
+48.1 Net RTG

Watching Rudy with competent defenders around him has made him better. He doesn't have to worry about cleaning up the entire defense on every possession. Instead he can put all his focus into doing what he does best because he can trust his teammates to not mess up:pimp:

everyone has bought in. Something to see when guys play as one :cheers:

NBAGOAT
12-07-2023, 12:43 PM
Yea I believe in Minnesotas top 7. Legit big 3 who could all make the all star team and a better version of the 21 Jazz. Bit worse on offense but way better on defense. Conley was better in 21 but he’s still good. Denver and Phoenix are really good but not unbeatable.

Their main worry is keeping this core together because it’s expensive unless you trade kat. 4 mil before the 2nd apron without conley or Kyle Anderson. Should maybe look at someone like Tyus jones in the offseason

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 01:40 PM
Yea I believe in Minnesotas top 7. Legit big 3 who could all make the all star team and a better version of the 21 Jazz. Bit worse on offense but way better on defense. Conley was better in 21 but he’s still good. Denver and Phoenix are really good but not unbeatable.

Their main worry is keeping this core together because it’s expensive unless you trade kat. 4 mil before the 2nd apron without conley or Kyle Anderson. Should maybe look at someone like Tyus jones in the offseason

worry about the trade deadline and buyouts not next season. Could use more depth

FireDavidKahn
12-07-2023, 02:44 PM
Realistic targets for longer term PG I hope we go after Tyus. He'd be a pretty damn good replacement for Mike and he shouldn't be too expensive. Who knows. UFA after this season

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 03:49 PM
I think Dunn could be a fit. Great defender and can run an offense. Not the shooter Conley is but at least a depth piece they should be able to get cheap

NBAGOAT
12-07-2023, 08:32 PM
I think Dunn could be a fit. Great defender and can run an offense. Not the shooter Conley is but at least a depth piece they should be able to get cheap

You’re an idiot. Someone like dunn kills their offense which is already average. You really underrate offense. They don’t need depth they need a starter post conley. Tyus was a good suggestion monte morris isn’t bad either . Twolves fans will hate me for saying but you could trade naz for someone too. It’s important stuff to think about and before this run, trading kat was a serious rumor

tontoz
12-07-2023, 08:47 PM
Realistic targets for longer term PG I hope we go after Tyus. He'd be a pretty damn good replacement for Mike and he shouldn't be too expensive. Who knows. UFA after this season

Yeah he is good on offense but weak on D so he should work. You guys have enough defenders but need more scoring.

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 09:26 PM
You’re an idiot. Someone like dunn kills their offense which is already average. You really underrate offense. They don’t need depth they need a starter post conley. Tyus was a good suggestion monte morris isn’t bad either . Twolves fans will hate me for saying but you could trade naz for someone too. It’s important stuff to think about and before this run, trading kat was a serious rumor

I lived through Exum, Burke and Rubio and Favors in the corner so I don't underestimate offense. I would be worried about this year not next. Gobert, Conley and Anderson are not going to be able to do it forever. You strike while the iron is hot. Timberwolves fans probably get that as much as anyone. Someone might be worried about feeding their family next year. Reid is their 4th leading scorer and allows them to still play big when Gobert or Kat or out of the lineup. Their size is one of the things that makes them tough to matchup with. Going to have to beat them with mismatches.

Dunn is a great defender and can run the offense. Might just be their 3rd pg? Should be cheap. They need depth. They had a lot of injuries last year and have had some this year as well. Not sure I'd mess with their team too much. Look to add guys not subtract when you have the chemistry they do. Last year they obviously needed to get rid of the cancer that infected them and getting one of Gobert's best teammates in exchange was ideal. Royce O'Neale was another great Gobert teammate that would fit if he's available. Plays hard, can shoot, defend and is versatile at both ends Could look at some of the guys that they had to give up for Gobert too like Beverley and Vanderbilt. Guys that they know and had chemistry with already.

NBAGOAT
12-07-2023, 09:34 PM
I lived through Exum, Burke and Rubio and Favors in the corner so I don't underestimate offense. I would be worried about this year not next. Gobert, Conley and Anderson are not going to be able to do it forever. You strike while the iron is hot. Timberwolves fans probably get that as much as anyone. Someone might be worried about feeding their family next year. Reid is their 4th leading scorer and allows them to still play big when Gobert or Kat or out of the lineup. Their size is one of the things that makes them tough to matchup with. Going to have to beat them with mismatches.

Dunn is a great defender and can run the offense. Might just be their 3rd pg? Should be cheap. They need depth. They had a lot of injuries last year and have had some this year as well. Not sure I'd mess with their team too much. Look to add guys not subtract when you have the chemistry they do. Last year they obviously needed to get rid of the cancer that infected them and getting one of Gobert's best teammates in exchange was ideal. Royce O'Neale was another great Gobert teammate that would fit if he's available. Plays hard, can shoot, defend and is versatile at both ends Could look at some of the guys that they had to give up for Gobert too like Beverley and Vanderbilt. Guys that they know and had chemistry with already.

thats why i worry about the next year. they have to subtract conley and anderson most likely next year. Cant keep their roster together with the 2nd apron rules. There are no trades to make either salary wise unless you trade a top 7 guy. NAW is a crucial piece, milton makes 5mil and has negative value. Wolves have to look to the buyout market for depth

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 09:45 PM
thats why i worry about the next year. they have to subtract conley and anderson most likely next year. Cant keep their roster together with the 2nd apron rules. There are no trades to make either salary wise unless you trade a top 7 guy. NAW is a crucial piece, milton makes 5mil and has negative value. Wolves have to look to the buyout market for depth

Conley and Anderson should be cheaper next year on the downside of their careers. They are under the tax now. Not sure how much it goes up next year

NBAGOAT
12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Conley and Anderson should be cheaper next year on the downside of their careers. They are under the tax now. Not sure how much it goes up next year

you forgot about the mcdaniels and edwards extension both kicking in next year. They're less than 4mil under the 2nd apron and way over the tax next year. Do some research lol. That's why last year being a waste is kinda being overlooked right now. the best chance to win a title with a gobert move was the 1st 2 years

Xiao Yao You
12-07-2023, 09:58 PM
you forgot about the mcdaniels and edwards extension both kicking in next year. They're less than 4mil under the 2nd apron and way over the tax next year. Do some research lol. That's why last year being a waste is kinda being overlooked right now. the best chance to win a title with a gobert move was the 1st 2 years

that's why you're all in this year. Worry about next year later

Xiao Yao You
12-08-2023, 09:19 PM
Dane Moore: Jordan McLaughlin is active tonight, (https://*********.com/social/) according to the Wolves injury report.

just need McDaniels

Xiao Yao You
12-08-2023, 09:37 PM
high scoring quarter. Edwards 3 minutes. Hurt?

Xiao Yao You
12-08-2023, 10:11 PM
better D that quarter. See if they really turn it on in the 3rd like they usually do

Xiao Yao You
12-08-2023, 10:59 PM
another big 3rd to take control. Gobert with his usual double double

FireDavidKahn
12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
high scoring quarter. Edwards 3 minutes. Hurt?

Bump his hip and Re-aggravated his hip pointer injury. Never heard any update about it after he left

Might make sense to just sit him for an entire week or two. That shit can linger for a while. Better for him to rest up now vs. Later on the season

Xiao Yao You
12-08-2023, 11:32 PM
Bump his hip and Re-aggravated his hip pointer injury. Never heard any update about it after he left

Might make sense to just sit him for an entire week or two. That shit can linger for a while. Better for him to rest up now vs. Later on the season

they can afford to. I know they played Gobert through injuries last year which the Jazz never did. 20 boards tonite. Looks like the bench stepped up. Brown and Milton in particular

tontoz
12-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Gobert got some love on the Zach Lowe podcast. Near the end of the 12/5 podcast Zach and his guest said Gobert is having a career year.

Im Still Ballin
12-09-2023, 12:39 PM
Hoping that Thinking Basketball Minnesota/Rudy video drops soon... Ben has to be working on one for sure.

FireDavidKahn
12-09-2023, 01:42 PM
Our schedule is going to get ridiculously difficult right now

"
Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
✅4-0.

Now, next 5 weeks...

@ NOP (12-11)
@ DAL (13-8)
vs. IND (12-8)
@ MIA (12-10)
@ PHI (14-7)
vs. LAL (14-9)
@ SAC (12-8)
@ OKC (14-7)
vs. DAL (13-8)
vs. LAL (14-9)
@ NYK (12-9)
vs. NOP (12-11)
@ HOU (10-9)
@ DAL (13-8)
@ ORL (15-7)
@ BOS (16-5)

11 on road, 16 row vs. .500+"

If we can go at least 10-6 at a minimum I will consider that a success. Jaden isn't back yet and Ant will probably be dealing with that hip for a few weeks until it's fully recovered (by that I mean 100% and not just good enough to be back out there).

Thankfully for us the schedule gets a lot easier towards the end of the season so it shouldn't be a problem to make up any ground that we might lose. Just gotta win the games you are supposed to win and the rest of the season will take care of itself. We've done the first part so far by going 17-4.

Xiao Yao You
12-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Our schedule is going to get ridiculously difficult right now

"
Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
✅4-0.

Now, next 5 weeks...

@ NOP (12-11)
@ DAL (13-8)
vs. IND (12-8)
@ MIA (12-10)
@ PHI (14-7)
vs. LAL (14-9)
@ SAC (12-8)
@ OKC (14-7)
vs. DAL (13-8)
vs. LAL (14-9)
@ NYK (12-9)
vs. NOP (12-11)
@ HOU (10-9)
@ DAL (13-8)
@ ORL (15-7)
@ BOS (16-5)

11 on road, 16 row vs. .500+"

If we can go at least 10-6 at a minimum I will consider that a success. Jaden isn't back yet and Ant will probably be dealing with that hip for a few weeks until it's fully recovered (by that I mean 100% and not just good enough to be back out there).

Thankfully for us the schedule gets a lot easier towards the end of the season so it shouldn't be a problem to make up any ground that we might lose. Just gotta win the games you are supposed to win and the rest of the season will take care of itself. We've done the first part so far by going 17-4.

already beat some of the best teams. Have played well without Ant, McDaniels etc. Been better at home and that's a lot of road games.

FireDavidKahn
12-11-2023, 07:07 PM
Minnesota is allowing 0.894 points per possession in the half court...

If the season ended today, that would make them the most efficient half-court defense since the ‘16-‘17 Warriors despite the average NBA offense being significantly more efficient as time evolves. Stifling.

Jaden has only played like half the year.

Our defense isn't even as good as it's going to get and we're already unquestionably the best defense in the league.

Not out of the question once Jaden comes back and he gets back into the flow of things that this team becomes the best defense in decades

SATAN
12-11-2023, 07:17 PM
I wonder if Toody gets any MVP votes...

Axe
12-12-2023, 01:43 AM
I wonder if Toody gets any MVP votes...
It's very possible if he's in the g-league actually.

Xiao Yao You
12-12-2023, 01:12 PM
It's very possible if he's in the g-league actually.

very likely he'll be in the gleague too :facepalm

FKAri
12-12-2023, 01:40 PM
Let me check who posted the 1st response to this thread...