PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been watching the Sixers?

Street Hunger
11-08-2023, 11:59 PM
They're off to a great start. Joel Embiid is playing as great as ever. They handled the Celtics today. I've read that Tyrese Maxi is playing great but need to see the squad for myself because they sound better than expected

FultzNationRISE
11-09-2023, 12:04 AM
They look good, their biggest problem I can see is they actually play Pat Bev serious rotation minutes.

I mean I could see keeping him on the squad as a motivator and situational player. But hes like, actually in the normal rotation.

I have a hard time believing in 2023 a real contender has Pat Bev in the rotation.

fourkicks44
11-09-2023, 12:44 AM
They play the Celtics again next week on national broadcast.

We will all get closer to the answers we seek.

But in brief, so far it looks like Nurse is the COTY, Maxey has taken another leap, Oubre has reinvented his career and the team has finally got that wing depth they have needed for so long.

We will see tho, we will see.

red1
11-09-2023, 12:58 AM

But in brief, so far it looks like Nurse is the COTY, Maxey has taken another leap, Oubre has reinvented his career and the team has finally got that wing depth they have needed for so long.

maxey is one of the reasons nurse went to the sixers. he hasnt said it but its obvious.

we saw firsthand and up close how much better maxey was than harden

fsvr54
11-09-2023, 02:21 AM
This is their year to make the Finals

hateraid
11-09-2023, 06:16 AM
maxey is one of the reasons nurse went to the sixers. he hasnt said it but its obvious.

we saw firsthand and up close how much better maxey was than harden

Rather might be a bit of a reach since Harden was still on the team when Nurse was brought on. However I will say Maxey is well used under Nurse a la Van Vleet

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 06:48 AM

Finch is coty

FultzNationRISE
11-09-2023, 09:34 AM
Rather might be a bit of a reach since Harden was still on the team when Nurse was brought on. However I will say Maxey is well used under Nurse a la Van Vleet

True altho Nurse may have had info the rest of us didnt yet when he took the gig.

Akeem34TheDream
11-09-2023, 09:45 AM
Finch is coty
cotm is coty

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 10:54 AM
cotm is coty

4-3?

Wally450
11-09-2023, 01:11 PM
Tyrese Maxey is a stud, they're getting solid contributions from their role players, and they have an MVP in Embiid. Nick Nurse is going to get the most out of these guys defensively and cause a lot of teams fits. We saw it in the Celtics game.

FultzNationRISE
11-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Tyrese Maxey is a stud, they're getting solid contributions from their role players, and they have an MVP in Embiid. Nick Nurse is going to get the most out of these guys defensively and cause a lot of teams fits. We saw it in the Celtics game.

Biggest x factor is which Joel is gonna show up in the playoffs this year.

That's something they wont know til they get there.

tontoz
11-09-2023, 01:47 PM
Maxey is unchained now with cancers Harden/Simmons gone.

Manny98
11-09-2023, 02:01 PM
They're always off to a great start till they reach the ECSF :lol

red1
11-09-2023, 02:53 PM

that wasnt my point

I said he saw how good maxey was and it was one of the reasons nurse went to the sixers

and maxey IS clearly better than harden.

I dont know how any of that is reaching.

Mask the Embiid
11-09-2023, 03:12 PM
They're always off to a great start till they reach the ECSF :lol

Your win vs the clippers will be the peak moment of Brooklyn’s entire 23-24 season….

Yes, that’s right. Beating a clippers team who just formed 5 days ago is your championship “Patrick beverly” moment. :oldlol:

red1
11-09-2023, 03:25 PM
Your win vs the clippers will be the peak moment of Brooklyn’s entire 23-24 season….

Yes, that’s right. Beating a clippers team who just formed 5 days ago is your championship “Patrick beverly” moment. :oldlol:

:oldlol:

Proctor
11-09-2023, 05:19 PM
This year is the Sixers only legit chance for some time IMO. I still have them fizzling out as usual though.

Batum is an elite bench piece and Covington/Beverley are no slouches either. Batum is supposedly retiring at the end of this year so I can see Sixers fans crying about losing him. He will probably be as good or better for them as Ilyasova was years back. They are finally free of (absolute garbage) Harden and have some dogs. They will be interesting for once. We do know where Embitch will lead them though.

n00bie
11-09-2023, 06:41 PM
At this point id say Maxi is more valuable than Embiid.

FultzNationRISE
11-09-2023, 06:50 PM

This is how players wind up overrated.

Axe
11-09-2023, 07:07 PM
Looks like nurse is saving them.

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2023, 07:47 PM
This year is the Sixers only legit chance for some time IMO. I still have them fizzling out as usual though.

Batum is an elite bench piece and Covington/Beverley are no slouches either. Batum is supposedly retiring at the end of this year so I can see Sixers fans crying about losing him. He will probably be as good or better for them as Ilyasova was years back. They are finally free of (absolute garbage) Harden and have some dogs. They will be interesting for once. We do know where Embitch will lead them though.

Keith Pompey: #Sixers forward Nic Batum sets the record straight. He was away from the team because of “very bad situation family wise to handle.” He said “I don’t consider retirement. I don’t know where that [came] from.” (https://*********.com/social/) pic.twitter.com/Em4clBRy4b

fourkicks44
11-09-2023, 09:13 PM
Keith Pompey: #Sixers forward Nic Batum sets the record straight. He was away from the team because of “very bad situation family wise to handle.” He said “I don’t consider retirement. I don’t know where that [came] from.” (https://*********.com/social/) pic.twitter.com/Em4clBRy4b

Smells like some bullshit story Bill Simmons cooked up.

Proctor
11-09-2023, 10:36 PM
Nice :cheers:

Sixers fans will love him

k0kakw0rld
11-10-2023, 01:01 AM
They're off to a great start. Joel Embiid is playing as great as ever. They handled the Celtics today. I've read that Tyrese Maxi is playing great but need to see the squad for myself because they sound better than expected

The gut in my avy is simply a genius.

hold this L
11-10-2023, 03:10 AM

Until we see Embiid show up in the playoffs which he hasn't done his entire career, I don't see them going anywhere. Not saying they can't do it but I have zero faith in that team until they prove it.

hateraid
11-10-2023, 08:13 PM
that wasnt my point

I said he saw how good maxey was and it was one of the reasons nurse went to the sixers

and maxey IS clearly better than harden.

I dont know how any of that is reaching.

Yes Maxey is better than Harden. What I'm saying is the time Nurse was brought on the Harden situation wasn't dealt with. Maxey wouldn't be a significant factor of making that choice. The opportunity to coach a team that is better than current Toronto is a more realistic take.

GOBB
11-10-2023, 10:54 PM

No just no.

hateraid
11-10-2023, 11:01 PM
No just no.

Yeah people love riding the hype train. Embiid is the franchise