PDA

View Full Version : Stop saying Lebron is still top 10 in the league

StrongLurk
11-09-2023, 11:29 AM
He was fringe top ten last year and is no where close this year (it's still early though).

Dude is officially in the same overrated territory Kobe was 2011-2013 and living too much off his name.

AD is clearly the best player on the team and yet I still see so many people claiming that Lebron is having to "carry". Yeah he's been good in 4th quarters this year, but NOT good in quarters 1-3. AD has been a legit elite, two-way player so far.

Top ten in no order:
Jokic
Giannis
Embiid
Luka
AD
Curry
KD
Devin Booker (only 2 games so far, but 32/8/11 and was MJ-esque in the playoffs last year)
Tatum
SGA

I'm taking those guys no questions asked over Lebron.

1987_Lakers
11-09-2023, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't call Kobe "overrated" from 2011-2013, it was his post Achilles years where people couldn't accept the fact that he was one of the worst players in the league.

SaltyMeatballs
11-09-2023, 11:46 AM
We're really living in an era where talent in the league is at an all-time high. LeBron's still a top 10-15 player in the league in his 21st season and out of all those guys you listed out, I have him over AD.

Axe
11-09-2023, 11:56 AM
Compared to several retired guys who once used to play in the league at his current age, he easily averages more ppg than them. If scoring is mostly important, that is. Though with that mileage, there will always be signs of wear and tear every now and then which is just normal.

RRR3
11-09-2023, 12:04 PM
OP is fuming LeBron is still so elite.

ArbitraryWater
11-09-2023, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't call Kobe "overrated" from 2011-2013, it was his post Achilles years where people couldn't accept the fact that he was one of the worst players in the league.

Youre mixing up the years

warriorfan
11-09-2023, 12:36 PM
He was fringe top ten last year and is no where close this year (it's still early though).

Dude is officially in the same overrated territory Kobe was 2011-2013 and living too much off his name.

AD is clearly the best player on the team and yet I still see so many people claiming that Lebron is having to "carry". Yeah he's been good in 4th quarters this year, but NOT good in quarters 1-3. AD has been a legit elite, two-way player so far.

Top ten in no order:
Jokic
Giannis
Embiid
Luka
AD
Curry
KD
Devin Booker (only 2 games so far, but 32/8/11 and was MJ-esque in the playoffs last year)
Tatum
SGA

I'm taking those guys no questions asked over Lebron.

it’s been like that for awhile

there’s a lot of weird dipshits on this site to say the least

ArbitraryWater
11-09-2023, 12:41 PM

Whats been what for "a while" ?

Booker/Tatum/SGA better than lebron?

lol

Full Court
11-09-2023, 02:38 PM
Ok, OP. I'll respect your wishes and stop saying it.

red1
11-09-2023, 02:50 PM

this clown right here :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
11-09-2023, 02:55 PM

lol

Who has been first team AllNBA for the last two seasons?

StrongLurk
11-09-2023, 03:10 PM

lol

Have you been watching games? Lebron is still an elite, high level all-star, but he is no longer a superstar.

Did you watch SGA all last year and this year? Did you see Booker in the playoffs?

Tatum/Lebron is close but ultimately Tatum is way more durable, better defender, and equal when it comes to offensive impact.

StrongLurk
11-09-2023, 03:12 PM
OP is fuming LeBron is still so elite.

Bron's my favorite player all time, I'm just sick of all the bullshit that surrounds him. So many people still try to say he's top 5/10 whatever, but then make a ton of excuses for him being "old" and having "too high expectations"...you can't have it both ways.

Either he is a superstar with high expectations, or he is old/past prime and we can hold him to lower expectations.

TheMan
11-09-2023, 05:23 PM
Bron's my favorite player all time, I'm just sick of all the bullshit that surrounds him. So many people still try to say he's top 5/10 whatever, but then make a ton of excuses for him being "old" and having "too high expectations"...you can't have it both ways.

Either he is a superstar with high expectations, or he is old/past prime and we can hold him to lower expectations.

Fair take

ShawkFactory
11-09-2023, 05:42 PM

Yep. He’s still capable of playing at a level that very few can match, but you have to be able to bring that consistently and he can’t at this point.

tontoz
11-09-2023, 05:51 PM
Ok, OP. I'll respect your wishes and stop saying it.

You have to actually say it before you can stop saying it so technically you can't stop saying Lebron is top 10. :oldlol:

Full Court
11-09-2023, 07:06 PM
You have to actually say it before you can stop saying it so technically you can't stop saying Lebron is top 10. :oldlol:

You're good, you.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FXYzVvb_-KCMAAAAd%2Fyou-you-de-niro.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=96c2305f3325661d1572b1228de8aa0e69ac97fd57ca3f 7716459c9161df8a2c&ipo=images

RRR3
11-09-2023, 09:54 PM

He's not your favorite player all you do is sob about him.

Baller234
11-09-2023, 10:14 PM

board disclaimer: the following post has been brought to you by a user who's unable to differentiate a man from a woman. please use extreme caution when engaging this user in conversation or debate. user suffers from extreme delusion and possible autism.

StrongLurk
11-09-2023, 10:59 PM

Not at all, I just prefer the truth ultimately over bullshit stan narratives or media narratives with Lebron - and every player.

SATAN
11-09-2023, 11:16 PM
He can be on any given night though which is pretty crazy.

ILLsmak
11-10-2023, 11:12 AM
The NBA is a sad state of bball where an old ass bron can basically get 30 any night, but it just means they gave him 10+ lay ups haha.

Look at those highlights... aiye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8jTTPrsRI

edit: that chase down was nice tho. Dudes need to stop getting chased down by Bron haha. It's like they dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5oMwXG_ANs

That's how you avoid a chase down. You can make it literally impossible if you're willing to get crushed.

-Smak

kawhileonard2
11-11-2023, 10:54 PM
We're really living in an era where talent in the league is at an all-time high. LeBron's still a top 10-15 player in the league in his 21st season and out of all those guys you listed out, I have him over AD.

Talent isn't that good when Europeans are the best.

Lebron23
11-11-2023, 11:15 PM
Top 5. He outplayed AD

kawhileonard2
11-11-2023, 11:41 PM
Top 5. He outplayed AD

Lebron missed playoffs before AD came. He then lost in round 1 without AD and then missed play in with peak AD and Westbrook.

Keno
11-12-2023, 02:18 PM
this has to be a joke lol, lebron is top 5 mvp this league, yet somehow there are 10 players better than him, have you seen the on/off rating for lakers this year with and without bron? it's an absolute joke.