PDA

View Full Version : Is zach lavine a good fit for the lakers?

Lebron23
11-11-2023, 11:03 PM
What do you think?

kawhileonard2
11-11-2023, 11:04 PM
Lavine and Derozan for Anthony Davis and Austin Reeves

Full Court
11-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Yep, he'd fit right in with all the other losers.

Full Court
11-11-2023, 11:06 PM
Lavine and Derozan for Anthony Davis and Austin Reeves

No, I don't want AD on my team.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2023, 11:15 PM
He would be the perfect whipping boy after the team failed. Also anyone that thinks the Bulls can get AD in any kind of trade involving Lavine is an insane moron.

RRR3
11-12-2023, 12:22 AM
:biggums:

This dude can't even remember his agenda is supposed to be that AD is an MVP level player :lol

red1
11-12-2023, 12:23 AM
nah

Full Court
11-12-2023, 12:24 AM
:biggums:

This dude can't even remember his agenda is supposed to be that AD is an MVP level player :lol

He is. Doesn't mean I have to like him. After the crap he pulled his last season with the Pelicans, he's my second least favorite player. Don't want guys like him on my team. Same with Harden. And Lillard.

RRR3
11-12-2023, 12:25 AM
He is. Doesn't mean I have to like him. After the crap he pulled his last season with the Pelicans, he's my second least favorite player. Don't want guys like him on my team. Same with Harden. And Lillard.
So you'd rather lose than be good :roll:

Classic Dull Court

Full Court
11-12-2023, 12:27 AM
So you'd rather lose than be good :roll:

Classic Dull Court

I look at the long term. I'd rather not be good for a single season and then have a "star" burn it all down and suck for the next five years. I'm sure this is very difficult for you to understand, seeing how you don't know much about the sport.

red1
11-12-2023, 12:33 AM
I look at the long term. I'd rather not be good for a single season and then have a "star" burn it all down and suck for the next five years. I'm sure this is very difficult for you to understand, seeing how you don't know much about the sport.

you're the lowest IQ poster here son :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
11-12-2023, 12:34 AM
I actually think yes, in terms of immediate on the court impact.

Normally I dont value one dimensional volume scorers that highly, but I think it's what the Lakers could actually use. Someone needs to take the load off Old Man Bron (who's still BITW, but even so). When healthy LAL has a decent defense in theory (AD, Vanderbilt, Prince, Reddish, LeDPOY). Theyve got playmakers in LeTableSetter and Reaves. But they need anther consistent scorer besides Bron. Theyre just too unreliable in that regard. They honestly cant do anything without Lebron on the floor, and I'm not even trolling.

Someone like Lavine or Irving who can consistently get buckets and not be required to lead or do anything else. That would be the Lakers' ideal addition IMO.

Problem with Lavine is he's got a max deal with four years still on it currently. Not sure Lakers wanna commit to that much Zach Lavine. Bron might even be out after this season if he goes wherever Bronny goes, in which case it would be completely pointless. Someone on a shorter deal like Kyrie would be preferable.

RRR3
11-12-2023, 12:35 AM
Gonna make a thread about it soon and he's sure to win, can't wait till he fumes about it :lol

red1
11-12-2023, 12:40 AM
Gonna make a thread about it soon and he's sure to win, can't wait till he fumes about it :lol

:oldlol:

kid is alway starving for attention posting about the gayest shit like bronies and fluffers

where does he even get that shit :oldlol:

red1
11-12-2023, 12:44 AM
I actually think yes, in terms of immediate on the court impact.

Normally I dont value one dimensional volume scorers that highly, but I think it's what the Lakers could actually use. Someone needs to take the load off Old Man Bron (who's still BITW, but even so). When healthy LAL has a decent defense in theory (AD, Vanderbilt, Prince, Reddish, LeDPOY). Theyve got playmakers in LeTableSetter and Reaves. But they need anther consistent scorer besides Bron. Theyre just too unreliable in that regard. They honestly cant do anything without Lebron on the floor, and I'm not even trolling.

Someone like Lavine or Irving who can consistently get buckets and not be required to lead or do anything else. That would be the Lakers' ideal addition IMO.

Problem with Lavine is he's got a max deal with four years still on it currently. Not sure Lakers wanna commit to that much Zach Lavine. Bron might even be out after this season if he goes wherever Bronny goes, in which case it would be completely pointless. Someone on a shorter deal like Kyrie would be preferable.

I think this laker team right now is pretty good for the playoffs if they just keep building their rhythm and keep getting guys back from injury

they were really close last year, just ran out of gas because of how they had to scrape and claw all season after such a bad start. every game was "season-ending" because of how desperate seeding was, and that took a toll IMO

dlo was dogshit against the nuggets in WCF. to be fair everyone sucked but the difference now is that if they play the nugs again n a series they can play guys like prince and reddish instead of dlo and that would make the difference

WhiteKyrie
11-12-2023, 01:03 AM
LeBron needs even more help?

You’re dumb then, you do that deal in a heart beat. Lakers have been at their best when he’s their best player. He instantly makes Chicago better. Would gladly have AR15 as well.

bladefd
11-12-2023, 01:28 AM
Doesn't solve Lakers issues.

red1
11-12-2023, 01:51 AM
Doesn't solve Lakers issues.

I dont really think this team has any issues other than health

the roster is good

watch how good the defense is when vando is back and when ham figures out they need to limit dlo's minutes against certain teams

every team they lost to this year is playing great basketball

the rockets and magic are both .500+ teams. we already know the nuggets, heat and kings are very good teams, all had very good players going off

and the lakers have a couple of wins over the suns and a win over the clippers already despite not being full strength

not bad

red1
11-12-2023, 01:53 AM
they dont need or want zach he's a great shooter and athlete but he doesnt defend or create for others

thats not very useful considering they'd have to give up pieces

the lakers missed their best chance to add a third allstar that fits when they could have picked up derozan for nothing a couple of summers ago before he went to the bulls

FultzNationRISE
11-12-2023, 01:57 AM
I think this laker team right now is pretty good for the playoffs if they just keep building their rhythm and keep getting guys back from injury

they were really close last year, just ran out of gas because of how they had to scrape and claw all season after such a bad start. every game was "season-ending" because of how desperate seeding was, and that took a toll IMO

dlo was dogshit against the nuggets in WCF. to be fair everyone sucked but the difference now is that if they play the nugs again n a series they can play guys like prince and reddish instead of dlo and that would make the difference

I agree the current Lakers could be a playoff problem if healthy (mainly on the strength of LeHercules). But in a vacuum they do get better by swapping DLo for Lavine IMO. Not only is Lavine a better scorer overall and by default a better defender, but he’s an elite finisher at the rim and with LeMagic he would feast.

In the end I doubt it happens due to Lavine’s contract, but I think itd be a cool trade to see.

red1
11-12-2023, 02:07 AM
I agree the current Lakers could be a playoff problem if healthy (mainly on the strength of LeHercules). But in a vacuum they do get better by swapping DLo for Lavine IMO. Not only is Lavine a better scorer overall and by default a better defender, but he’s an elite finisher at the rim and with LeMagic he would feast.

In the end I doubt it happens due to Lavine’s contract, but I think itd be a cool trade to see.

swapping dlo would be a dream

I wish a team would be dumb enough to take him

lakers have good pieces right now. I think ham figured something out with the ar15/ lebron/ AD/ prince/ reddish line-up

they stopped getting outrebounded and that defense at the end of the game was lockdown

red1
11-12-2023, 02:09 AM
and bringing reaves off the bench staggers his minutes with lbj so they always have a ballhandler and someone to set-up AD

instead of having momentum killing chucking from dlo or whoever

thats a great adjustment from ham

SATAN
11-12-2023, 04:00 AM
He's talented but I don't trust him to be a winning player. Look at all the shit going on in Chicago in recent years.

NBAGOAT
11-12-2023, 06:11 AM
He’s a good fit but he’s not good enough to solve lakers issues. Better than dlo playing off lebron/ad with his shooting and off ball play but he’s not good enough to be a lead ball handler with his bad playmaking. Doesn’t help your defense vs dlo either. Derozan would be better as a ball handler but he doesn’t take 3s, wouldnt play as well off lebron/ad. Kyrie was a great answer but he’s not available now. Unfortunately couldn’t trade dlo til January for jrue holiday who would’ve been perfect.

bladefd
11-12-2023, 08:24 PM
I dont really think this team has any issues other than health

the roster is good

watch how good the defense is when vando is back and when ham figures out they need to limit dlo's minutes against certain teams

every team they lost to this year is playing great basketball

the rockets and magic are both .500+ teams. we already know the nuggets, heat and kings are very good teams, all had very good players going off

and the lakers have a couple of wins over the suns and a win over the clippers already despite not being full strength

not bad

Guards are an issue. Let's hope Reaves found something last game and carries it forward.

That still leaves PG as an issue. D'lo and Vincent don't cut it. I think both are good backups, but nothing else. Lavine unfortunately doesn't solve that problem.

Full Court
11-12-2023, 10:45 PM

Seems you're the one who's too dumb to understand the simple reasoning in my post.

Keep showing off that abysmal IQ of yours, Daisy. :lol