PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Review: Things IÂ’ve learned from watching every clippers game this year.

Mask the Embiid
11-13-2023, 07:55 AM
I watched the all possessions feature on league pass for every clippers game. I always have a “second team” that strangely draws me to them. And I watch the bulk of their games pretty much. One year it was the thunder when shai turned into a star. The year before that it was Jalen green/Kevin Porter Jr and the young rockets. This year for some reason it’s the clippers and they just happened to form a superteam.

Paul George is levels below harden and kawhi operating an offense. He should never have the ball unless he’s shooting a 3 off a zubac screen/pnr. Pg is a turnover machine on this team. It’s so much more noticeable when he has elite offensive teammates. You can see the gap between them.

Kawhi is muscle bound. The defensive shutdown kawhi is long gone now. He sacrificed mobility for weight which is why he also probably has so many non contact knee injuries.. trying to move how he use to move which he can’t anymore. Rus and Pg13’s awful turnovers are slowly breaking him psychologically. When his contract is up he is gone or he may even retire and just say “man fk this shit”.

Edit- Kawhi also doesn’t like moving a lot on loose balls cause moving all that weight around is draining I’m guessing.He’s kind of lazy now and his shot hasn’t been falling so far this year

James Harden. He’s getting all the blame offensively, when he’s really doing nothing wrong. He’s treating his teammates like actual good players and throwing them the ball when they are open. The problem is rus can’t shoot. The old Houston James use to say fk it and just score 4 on 5. But this new james is worn down by the media. He won’t score 4 on 5 anymore cause it makes it look really bad when he is chucking with superstars on his team. The media has him petrified, he doesn’t want to be blamed for this failing. So if rus is open, ok imma throw him the ball every single time. I’m not fighting it anymore. Everytime y’all leave him open I’m just going to give him the ball. He also has terrible chemistry with zubac as a roller. Anyone who has really watched james for years knows that if he hates his roll man, he will tell him to just sit under the basket and I’ll do everything myself. But because he’s so desperate to make this thing work, he won’t do that. Cause he has to chuck to produce in isolations….

Edit- James also has terrible team defense. Him giving Westbrook the ball so much may also be some manipulating way to get him benched which I wouldn’t put pass James. He also gets in the way of his teammates after they get a rebound so that they have to give him the ball.. Which kills every fastbreak opportunity. this man is so use to playing with role players he doesn’t know how to let stars be stars…..kawhi doesn’t need to give u the ball everytime he gets a reb bro……he’s kawhi Leonard….. run ya dumb ass up the court

Zubac he is a terrible roll man in the pick and roll. Playing with James has really sucked his confidence cause James yells at him / has horrible body language cause Zu is never where he is suppose to be at. James is a savant in pnr so he knows it’s him and not James. His biggest flaw is being exposed game in and game out. His big secret is out….he sucks as a roll man.

Rus… o what can I say about rus. I ain’t gonna beat the man down. Either let him play pg or bench him….. so bench him cause ur not gonna let him start at pg we all know this….

Terrance mann secretly harbors some grudge against harden. Harden almost uprooting the man’s whole life really put a sour taste in his mouth about harden. Instead of being pissed at the Gm he seems to take it personal with James. It’s like he thinks James personally wanted to fk up his life and take his start job. When really he just wanted out of Philly. I’m sure he would of chose suns> clippers if he had a real choice.

Norman powell is Norman powell…str8 up and down no special effects

Bones sucks smh….ya hate to see it

PJ tucker is washed…. I mean damn he’s bad….. + on top of all that his shot ain’t falling.

TLDR : kawhi choosing the clippers over raptors and lakers was the worst decision of his nba life.. I feel bad for how many low iq teammates he is stuck with and he can’t fix it cause he is not a controversial person. He will never approach them and try to correct them….

Im Still Ballin
11-13-2023, 08:15 AM
Too many chefs in the kitchen. A bunch of past-it-former stars who are too old and lazy to do the little things. And the little things matter. You can afford to take plays off on defense or stand around as a spot-up shooter when you're the only guy.

My man Denzel said it best:

“It's the little things that are important, Jimmy. It's the little things that get you caught.”

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOTMxZDI4NmUtM2VlZC00ZTRiLWExY2EtMmFlZWYxNjkxNT diXkEyXkFqcGdeQXNuZXNodQ@@._V1_.jpg

Axe
11-13-2023, 08:20 AM
Kawhi might fake an injury soon with all the mess that's happening to them rn.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2023, 10:16 AM
PG singlehandedly brought them back last night.

He makes stuff happen.

Many times, at a greater regularity than Kawhi does.

FultzNationRISE
11-13-2023, 10:55 AM
Dont mind seein these guys lose. Harden and Westbrook are overrated divas and complete mental losers. Kawhi with all his Uncle Dennis bullshit and the load managing became insufferable. PG is the only one I like in terms of the personal side of things but he’s obviously been pretty hit or miss with the Clippers.

The Clippers also deserve this for letting the players run the show. Kawhi demanded PG, who then demanded Russ, who then lobbied for Harden. Lawrence Frank must feel pretty embarrassed to be called president of this team, altho Im sure Balmer is the one saying “get whoever the players tell you to get!”

It’s still super early so Im not gonna write off the Clippers entirely. It’s possible they get hot and make a run through the playoff, if they make the playoffs. It’s also not hard to see a full scale collapse/quitting by March.

Im rooting for the latter, personally. Which at this point looks more likely.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2023, 11:22 AM
Dont mind seein these guys lose. Harden and Westbrook are overrated divas and complete mental losers. Kawhi with all his Uncle Dennis bullshit and the load managing became insufferable. PG is the only one I like in terms of the personal side of things but he’s obviously been pretty hit or miss with the Clippers.

The Clippers also deserve this for letting the players run the show. Kawhi demanded PG, who then demanded Russ, who then lobbied for Harden. Lawrence Frank must feel pretty embarrassed to be called president of this team, altho Im sure Balmer is the one saying “get whoever the players tell you to get!”

It’s still super early so Im not gonna write off the Clippers entirely. It’s possible they get hot and make a run through the playoff, if they make the playoffs. It’s also not hard to see a full scale collapse/quitting by March.

Im rooting for the latter, personally. Which at this point looks more likely.

Its nice to see you cant just buy things in team sports, a lot of the time.

Theres an organic process that cant be cheated.

And characters have to mesh.

More often than not, this holds true.

Sometimes you can just buy a load of superstars and it works out, but usually even there the motives are purer (except when KD joined GS but the fit was perfect).

FultzNationRISE
11-13-2023, 03:47 PM
Its nice to see you cant just buy things in team sports, a lot of the time.

Theres an organic process that cant be cheated.

And characters have to mesh.

More often than not, this holds true.

Sometimes you can just buy a load of superstars and it works out, but usually even there the motives are purer (except when KD joined GS but the fit was perfect).

It all depends on which superstars.

Some combination of Lebron, Jokic, and Giannis playing together? Obviously it's a title every single time.

But then again, theyre ACTAUL superstars.

One dimensional iso players who get fraudulently billed as superstars become way too redundant, and you lose a lot of the necessary attributes role players bring. Not to mention a lot of typical iso-ball heroes just dont have the understanding to figure out how to work together. Pairings like Harden and Embiid, KD and Kyrie, Westbrook and Leonard... there's just not enough IQ and mental toughness in the leadership.

The average fan I think really doesnt appreciate how much the mental side of things impacts winning in basketball. Teams like the Spurs and Warriors won consistently because theyre built with the right mentality, to function as a team. It's not just random ballaz$z$ thrown together. Same reason you had PJax teams winning titles, same reason Lebron wins titles. Guys who get it mentally know how to build a team around them.

Guys who are just flash and not substance are always gonna come up short when it's about winning.