PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is the first active NBA Player to reach billionaire status

k0kakw0rld
11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Did you know that LeBron James is the first active NBA player to reach billionaire status and the second NBA player to reach billionaire status, joining retired basketball star Michael Jordan.

Magic just joined them both recently.

The man is still hungry for more rings, he wants to play with his sons before he retires. I mean, what's not to salute about this man? No matter how you look at it, there's no hating on what he's currently doing.

THE GOAT PERIOD.

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2023, 03:38 AM
“Lebron cant win a ring!”

*wins ring*

“Hes not gonna have the skill to last past age 30!”

*wins ring in his 30s*

“Hes going to LA to coast and shoot movies!”

*wins ring in LA*

“Yeah well but like… he shouldnt have opened a museum about himself!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:”

warriorfan
11-14-2023, 03:49 AM
op is legit a ****ing ******

MrFonzworth
11-14-2023, 06:49 AM
op is legit a ****ing ******

This. /Thread.

Full Court
11-14-2023, 09:41 AM
Inflation. Billionaire is the new millionaire. He may be the first, but pretty soon players will be getting billion dollar contracts.

SaltyMeatballs
11-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Inflation. Billionaire is the new millionaire. He may be the first, but pretty soon players will be getting billion dollar contracts.

:oldlol:

I don't think you realize how significantly massive the difference is between a multi-millionaire and a billionaire. Inflation will never be crazy to the point where billionaires and millionaires are seen as equivalent in terms of financial power.

Kblaze8855
11-14-2023, 12:50 PM
The next one may well be Russell Westbrook. Sounds weird but look into it. It’s gonna be him or KD.

Full Court
11-14-2023, 01:40 PM
:oldlol:

I don't think you realize how significantly massive the difference is between a multi-millionaire and a billionaire. Inflation will never be crazy to the point where billionaires and millionaires are seen as equivalent in terms of financial power.

Of course they're not equivalent in present terms. However, a millionaire today isn't even really rich. That used to be the standard for the wealthy. Do you even understand what inflation is?

Apparently not, based on the ignorance of your post.

SaltyMeatballs
11-14-2023, 02:57 PM
Of course they're not equivalent in present terms. However, a millionaire today isn't even really rich. That used to be the standard for the wealthy. Do you even understand what inflation is?

Apparently not, based on the ignorance of your post.

You should be asking yourself that since you just said billionaire is the new millionaire. What an idiotic statement from someone who is completely out of touch with reality :oldlol:

Full Court
11-14-2023, 05:14 PM
You should be asking yourself that since you just said billionaire is the new millionaire. What an idiotic statement from someone who is completely out of touch with reality :oldlol:

That's how inflation works. A million dollars today is worth much less than a million dollars was in the past.

You should educate yourself before you post so you don't make such a fool out of yourself. :confusedshrug:

SaltyMeatballs
11-14-2023, 06:08 PM
That's how inflation works. A million dollars today is worth much less than a million dollars was in the past.

You should educate yourself before you post so you don't make such a fool out of yourself. :confusedshrug:

Well no shit, sherlock :oldlol: No one is denying that a million dollars is worth less than it was in the past, but you said being a billionaire is now the new millionaire, which is insanely off. Maybe if you were talking about millionaires from the late 1800s or early 1900s.

If you're a millionaire today, you're still wealthy. Let's go back a few decades. A million in 1990 would be worth about 2.3 million today based off this inflation calculator (https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/). So your statement about billionaires being the new millionaires is still really, really, really, really off. I would say having minimum of 3-5 million today is like someone having 1 million in 90s and 80s.

Maybe you should brush up on inflation a little bit.

sdot_thadon
11-14-2023, 06:20 PM
Well no shit, sherlock :oldlol: No one is denying that a million dollars is worth less than it was in the past, but you said being a billionaire is now the new millionaire, which is insanely off. Maybe if you were talking about millionaires from the late 1800s or early 1900s.

If you're a millionaire today, you're still wealthy. Let's go back a few decades. A million in 1990 would be worth about 2.3 million today based off this inflation calculator (https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/). So your statement about billionaires being the new millionaires is still really, really, really, really off. I would say having minimum of 3-5 million today is like someone having 1 million in 90s and 80s.

He don't math too well I'm afraid.

Full Court
11-14-2023, 06:32 PM

Lol at this guy. It takes nothing at all to throw him into a bitch fit. A million dollars may mean you're semi-wealthy in somewhere like podunk Arkansas, but not in any cities.

Try this on for size. In 1918, there were 67 millionaires in the US and 0 billionaires. Today there are 22 million millionaires in the US, and over 700 billionaires.

Also, $1 million in 1918 had the buying power of over $17 BILLION today.

You are stupid. Recognize it and move on.

bladefd
11-14-2023, 07:55 PM
The next one may well be Russell Westbrook. Sounds weird but look into it. It’s gonna be him or KD.

Westbrook is never getting another big deal though.

KD might still get another 3-year max deal to end his career.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 08:15 PM

you'd think but I never thought he'd be starting again either. Kyrie got another big deal despite being cancer. Front offices show again and again how stupid they can be

Duderonomy
11-14-2023, 08:26 PM
With the way the world is you literally sell your soul to obtain Billionaire status. Kanye was allegedly worth 3 billion before his meltdown then he was worth a fraction of that because he wasn't useful to the system anymore. They don't let you have billions so you can quietly live in Wyoming or Maine, they own you and you have to tow the line and play your part. I'm sure it's no different with Lebron even though he WAS a talented athlete.

SaltyMeatballs
11-14-2023, 10:04 PM
Lol at this guy. It takes nothing at all to throw him into a bitch fit. A million dollars may mean you're semi-wealthy in somewhere like podunk Arkansas, but not in any cities.

Try this on for size. In 1918, there were 67 millionaires in the US and 0 billionaires. Today there are 22 million millionaires in the US, and over 700 billionaires.

Also, $1 million in 1918 had the buying power of over $17 BILLION today.

You are stupid. Recognize it and move on.
Who the **** said anything about 1918? You're going back a whole 100 years to prove your argument and even then you are wrong :oldlol:

And where the hell did you see that $1 million in 1918 is a buying power of over $17 billion?? Every source I checked online says $1 million in 1918 is 20-25 million in today's buying power which is nowhere near close to what you just said

No wonder you got voted as ISH's dumbest poster. No one else is worthy of that title

SATAN
11-14-2023, 10:15 PM
The dumbest poster on ISH strikes again. What an idiot. :roll:

tpols
11-14-2023, 10:17 PM
With the way the world is you literally sell your soul to obtain Billionaire status. Kanye was allegedly worth 3 billion before his meltdown then he was worth a fraction of that because he wasn't useful to the system anymore. They don't let you have billions so you can quietly live in Wyoming or Maine, they own you and you have to tow the line and play your part. I'm sure it's no different with Lebron even though he WAS a talented athlete.

Yup. Bingo.

Forget all the sacrifices and evil things they have to do back doors for blackmail.

Ever wonder why these old ass bands and musicians are still going on tour despite being filthy rich? To make their masters more money and remind them whose boss.

Reminds me of the Slave scene from Space Jam.

https://youtu.be/78GiehoqhrQ?si=H1oFJWS2451qZAC5

SATAN
11-14-2023, 10:33 PM
:roll:

1987_Lakers
11-14-2023, 10:37 PM
Inflation. Billionaire is the new millionaire.
https://media.tenor.com/jg-jU487zDMAAAAC/jags-fan-wth.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/3ohs7N0iXvc180MiB2/giphy.webp

Axe
11-15-2023, 01:44 AM
Who the **** said anything about 1918? You're going back a whole 100 years to prove your argument and even then you are wrong :oldlol:

And where the hell did you see that $1 million in 1918 is a buying power of over $17 billion?? Every source I checked online says $1 million in 1918 is 20-25 million in today's buying power which is nowhere near close to what you just said

No wonder you got voted as ISH's dumbest poster. No one else is worthy of that title
Lol. (https://i.ibb.co/JmpGnKz/IMG-20230528-095117.jpg)

Kblaze8855
11-15-2023, 06:05 AM

They don’t get there off career earnings that’s just the money to invest. 3 of the 4 richest former players(guys 500+ million) only made a fraction of it in the nba. Hell Lebron is like 700 million ahead of nba earnings and a good 40% of that was lost to taxes anyway. He’s mostly investments like that studio he’s involved with that kicks out awful movies and his Nike deal.

Forbes bumped Russ net worth estimate up 175 million in one year after investigating some of his investments.

He’s on pace to get to a billion younger than Magic Johnson did.

Guys like Vinnie Johnson and Jr Bridgeman(and one day Jamal Mashburn maybe) are in the half a billion range just using nba money as a springboard.

David Robinson is quietly rich as **** too.

The smart ones flip it to way more than nba money and guys these days have a lot more nba money to flip. And Russell isn’t stupid. He got into Stanford on an academic scholarship before his growth spurt. Taking stupid shots and being stupid aren’t close to the same thing. He knows what he’s doing in life.

Full Court
11-15-2023, 07:56 AM

"Bu-bu-bu-bu-but if we only compare to last year, it's not that big of a difference!!! :cry:"

You're an idiot. :roll:

SaltyMeatballs
11-15-2023, 09:28 AM
"Bu-bu-bu-bu-but if we only compare to last year, it's not that big of a difference!!! :cry:"

You're an idiot. :roll:

You're trying to cope so hard :oldlol:

Your fragile ego can never accept being proven wrong