PDA

View Full Version : Heat, lakers, and 76ers all considering trading for Lavine.

Kblaze8855
11-14-2023, 07:54 PM
He and the Bulls are open to it. So says Shams.

ArbitraryWater
11-14-2023, 07:56 PM
76ers be nice. Embiid deserves it.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 08:14 PM
The Lake shit show deserves him :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2023, 08:35 PM
In Philly he would make their offense tough although the defense would definitely have some guys you can attack.

Lakers would be brining him in to be the whipping boy. Unless the Bulls accept Russell back for him (and why would they?) the defensive backcourt would be terrible and AD would be the only starter playing defense. Meanwhile the offense wouldn't be special.

Miami with him technically has three stars but is he really that much better than Tyler Herro to make a trade worthwhile? Miami is hard to Guage because of what an extreme overachiever last season was. But that happened on the strength of a bunch of shooters that played hard. Lavine is a better shooter than those guys were but he doesn't play nearly as hard.

Someone will get him but I don't see him being that impactful. Philly would benefit most of their offense really needs him but come playoffs I expect them to really be wanting another defensive forward. Especially without PJ Tucker.

Axe
11-14-2023, 08:37 PM
If philly desperately targets on getting him, i'm sure oubre will be one of those guys who may get shipped to the bulls in return.

tontoz
11-14-2023, 08:42 PM
I would like to see Philly stand pat. They are finally playing well with no drama.

I could see Miami working though.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 08:50 PM
In Philly he would make their offense tough although the defense would definitely have some guys you can attack.

Lakers would be brining him in to be the whipping boy. Unless the Bulls accept Russell back for him (and why would they?) the defensive backcourt would be terrible and AD would be the only starter playing defense. Meanwhile the offense wouldn't be special.

Miami with him technically has three stars but is he really that much better than Tyler Herro to make a trade worthwhile? Miami is hard to Guage because of what an extreme overachiever last season was. But that happened on the strength of a bunch of shooters that played hard. Lavine is a better shooter than those guys were but he doesn't play nearly as hard.

Someone will get him but I don't see him being that impactful. Philly would benefit most of their offense really needs him but come playoffs I expect them to really be wanting another defensive forward. Especially without PJ Tucker.

rather have Herro

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2023, 08:53 PM
I would like to see Philly stand pat. They are finally playing well with no drama.

I could see Miami working though.

Yeah I dont think Philly really needs him to be taking away touches from Embiid and Maxey. I feel like trading for him kinda sends the message they arent expecting Embiid to be that guy in the playoffs.

fourkicks44
11-14-2023, 08:55 PM
Like RMWG said the defensive issues in a Maxey/Lavine backcourt don't outweigh the benefits offensively.

I like Lavine but I dunno if this would be the right move.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 08:56 PM
Yeah I dont think Philly really needs him to be taking away touches from Embiid and Maxey. I feel like trading for him kinda sends the message they arent expecting Embiid to be that guy in the playoffs.

Lavine certainly won't be that guy

StrongLurk
11-14-2023, 09:04 PM
Lavine is a classic "fools gold" player. He won't help contenders win especially with his salary.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 09:05 PM
Lavine is a classic "fools gold" player. He won't help contenders win especially with his salary.

hasn't helped anyone win. That's the problem

beasted
11-14-2023, 09:13 PM

Herro @ $27M > LaVine @ $40M.

Besides, if Riley wasn't offering Herro for Beal, he's not offering him for LaVine. It would be Lowry, fillers and several firsts which I'd say is still a bad move. Miami needs elite role players (think Brook Lopez types) that compliment Butler, Bam and Herro not an overpriced borderline all-star force fit out of position. They'd be the Suns East.

beasted
11-14-2023, 09:18 PM
Herro @ $27M > LaVine @ $40M.

Besides, if Riley wasn't offering Herro for Beal, he's not offering him for LaVine. It would be Lowry, fillers and several firsts which I'd say is still a bad move. Miami needs elite role players (think Brook Lopez types) that compliment Butler, Bam and Herro not an overpriced borderline all-star force fit out of position. They'd be the Suns East.
To elaborate further, I think Miami would be waaaay better trading Lowry and picks for Marcus Smart and Dorian Finney Smith than they would trading for LaVine.

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2023, 09:24 PM
To elaborate further, I think Miami would be waaaay better trading Lowry and picks for Marcus Smart and Dorian Finney Smith than they would trading for LaVine.

I dont think “Lowry and picks” is gonna get either of those players, let alone both :oldlol:

FilmyCogTurner
11-14-2023, 10:47 PM
I think Philly could work, it seems like all Lavine wants to do is shoot 3's anyhow. He's already transitioning his game to old man who gets paid.

eliteballer
11-14-2023, 10:47 PM
If Lonzo is truly cooked they should just rebuild.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2023, 10:58 PM
If Lonzo is truly cooked they should just rebuild.

a healthy Lonzo would be no reason not to rebuild

Full Court
11-14-2023, 11:36 PM
The Lake shit show deserves him :cheers:

This.

I'd take Reaves or Hachimura for him.

bison
11-15-2023, 01:11 AM
Lavine is only slightly better than dangelo, and at twice the price.

No thank you. We’ll take Caruso tho

beasted
11-15-2023, 03:57 AM
I dont think “Lowry and picks” is gonna get either of those players, let alone both :oldlol:
Not surprised you still don't know shit about basketball other than slurping LBJ and making dumb political threads. It would absolutely get Smart. The Grizzlies play in a small market with bottom 5 attendance and are cap crunched after paying Bane. They will be a deep tax team next year, which they can't afford to be. And if this season becomes a tank season, Lowry's expiring deal and multiple picks gives them relief they would be looking for along with picks to help their retool.

They gave up Tyus and a 1st to get Smart and suddenly you think they will want an all-star for him when he's leading them to the 2nd worst record? Your 3 brain cells punching air right now. An expiring and 2 firsts gets it done.

Brooklyn doesn't have much motivation to trade DFS but it was just an example anyway.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 08:35 AM
Lavine is only slightly better than dangelo, and at twice the price.

No thank you. We’ll take Caruso tho

Why would they want Caruso? They let him go for some reason to begin with. Maybe they get Zubac back too! :lol

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 08:37 AM
Not surprised you still don't know shit about basketball other than slurping LBJ and making dumb political threads. It would absolutely get Smart. The Grizzlies play in a small market with bottom 5 attendance and are cap crunched after paying Bane. They will be a deep tax team next year, which they can't afford to be. And if this season becomes a tank season, Lowry's expiring deal and multiple picks gives them relief they would be looking for along with picks to help their retool.

They gave up Tyus and a 1st to get Smart and suddenly you think they will want an all-star for him when he's leading them to the 2nd worst record? Your 3 brain cells punching air right now. An expiring and 2 firsts gets it done.

Brooklyn doesn't have much motivation to trade DFS but it was just an example anyway.

I'd imagine a big reason they got Smart was to be a vet to the obviously immature Morant so I'm not sure they just want to let him go

Manny98
11-15-2023, 08:39 AM
I would do this trade

https://i.postimg.cc/FRwDBC0t/RDT-20231115-1237284071205163901985484.jpg

beasted
11-15-2023, 09:07 AM
I'd imagine a big reason they got Smart was to be a vet to the obviously immature Morant so I'm not sure they just want to let him go
Lowry or some other vet serves the same mentor role.

End of the day their back court is committed to $92M, and that's assuming they decline the option to Kennard otherwise it takes the number to $106M. I'm not whatsoever predicting this is the trade that happens, but I am predicting that Smart is the likeliest trade to happen. Morant, Bane, and JJJ aren't going anywhere, and I can't see the owner eating such a stiff tax bill for a small market selling game tickets for $4 just to encourage fans to show up.

Im so nba'd out
11-15-2023, 10:42 AM
No thanks he has bad knees. I’ll pass

RRR3
11-15-2023, 12:37 PM
Don’t want him.

bladefd
11-15-2023, 03:18 PM
Lakers should wait until lavine gets traded then swoop in for Caruso. He might be better fit than Vincent and gives consistent defense.

Demarr might be available too. He could work if bulls take d'lo

WhiteKyrie
11-15-2023, 03:21 PM
I would do this trade

I would do that in a heartbeat.

And since you “Laker Fans” cough Bronvestite Jock Sniffers cough … think Anthony Davis is so trash and inconsistent … package him in the deal after Feb 5th and Chitown will include hometown boy Demar DeRozan.

LeBron, Lavine, DeRozan and Caruso is winning the chip, right?

90sgoat
11-15-2023, 03:27 PM
Lavine is the kind of talented dumbass that Lebron tends to be able to reign into a smaller role.

He's basically a better JR Smith, so it makes sense for Lakers to get him.

WhiteKyrie
11-15-2023, 03:34 PM
Lavine is the kind of talented dumbass that Lebron tends to be able to reign into a smaller role.

He's basically a better JR Smith, so it makes sense for Lakers to get him.
He’s not dumb. He’s passive, and doesn’t play defense. Good looking game but non impactful 20+ ppg scorer.

He would be a fit with LeBron because he will fall in line to that clown. And unlike Westbrick or D’Angelo, has a jumper.

But dumb is JR, LaMelo, Poole types. Lavine just isn’t remotely assertive enough to be a first or even a second option on a title contending team. I think that’s obvious. 3rd option he’s legit perfection for a title team.

PeroAntic
11-15-2023, 04:10 PM
If Miami can get Lavine for Herro its a fantastic deal for them. Hes basically an upgrade on Herro that could push them over the line. And its a great culture and coach that can mold him in a great defender, like GSW did for Wiggins.

CurryOverLebron
11-15-2023, 06:38 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Czpr7lLrI0_/

Rich Paul, Zach LaVine and John Wall pulled up to Kentucky-Kansas

bladefd
11-15-2023, 06:59 PM
I would do that in a heartbeat.

And since you “Laker Fans” cough Bronvestite Jock Sniffers cough … think Anthony Davis is so trash and inconsistent … package him in the deal after Feb 5th and Chitown will include hometown boy Demar DeRozan.

LeBron, Lavine, DeRozan and Caruso is winning the chip, right?

It's not a good trade IMO. I would rather go get only Caruso or only DeRozan. Not worth giving up Reaves or Rui to get Lavine thrown in too. You don't want to break the whole damn team like the Clippers did for Harden.

ELITEpower23
11-15-2023, 07:14 PM
Grizzlies will land Lavine. We need him.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Grizzlies will land Lavine. We need him.

no they don't. They need to get their guys back

Full Court
11-15-2023, 07:25 PM
I would do this trade

As a Bulls fan, I'd do this trade.

90sgoat
11-15-2023, 07:37 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'd do this trade.

Works for both teams, but only if Bulls break it up in general.

Caruso is a much more impactful player than Lavine.

90sgoat
11-15-2023, 07:54 PM
He’s not dumb. He’s passive, and doesn’t play defense. Good looking game but non impactful 20+ ppg scorer.

He would be a fit with LeBron because he will fall in line to that clown. And unlike Westbrick or D’Angelo, has a jumper.

But dumb is JR, LaMelo, Poole types. Lavine just isn’t remotely assertive enough to be a first or even a second option on a title contending team. I think that’s obvious. 3rd option he’s legit perfection for a title team.

Yeah ok, maybe when I heard him speak he was just young, which is the same as being dumb.

In any case, I think he'd be a good fit with Lebron. This is the kind of role player that Lebron gets the most from. Might get him out running as well.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 08:13 PM
Yeah ok, maybe when I heard him speak he was just young, which is the same as being dumb.

In any case, I think he'd be a good fit with Lebron. This is the kind of role player that Lebron gets the most from. Might get him out running as well.

role player on a max deal. Sounds like a win! :facepalm

red1
11-15-2023, 08:58 PM
lakers dont want lavine

reaves is better

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 08:59 PM
lakers dont want lavine

reaves is better

yep

Full Court
11-15-2023, 09:04 PM
Works for both teams, but only if Bulls break it up in general.

Caruso is a much more impactful player than Lavine.

Agreed, but getting Reaves/Hachimura would more than make up for it most likely.

90sgoat
11-15-2023, 09:05 PM
Agreed, but getting Reaves/Hachimura would more than make up for it most likely.

Yeah, that's a very good young core.

red1
11-15-2023, 09:40 PM
caruso's elite defense is more valuable than any scoring zach could provide

MrFonzworth
11-15-2023, 09:42 PM
Please no

GOBB
11-16-2023, 10:48 AM
How does Lavine make the sixers better? Guy plays zero defense. And how does he mesh with Maxey? I don’t see that working. Another Dame/McCollum backcourt. Pass

PeroAntic
11-16-2023, 01:18 PM
How does Lavine make the sixers better? Guy plays zero defense. And how does he mesh with Maxey? I don’t see that working. Another Dame/McCollum backcourt. Pass

Except if Dame and Mccolum had Embiid and Harris it would have been a top contender. Which is exactly what Sixers would be with him.

I get its very fashionable to hate on Zach and people think they are very smart and cool if they do it, but hes getting severely underrated at this point. You can count on the fingers of one hand the players in the world who are as good in driving AND 3pt shooting at the same time.

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 03:15 PM
Except if Dame and Mccolum had Embiid and Harris it would have been a top contender. Which is exactly what Sixers would be with him.

I get its very fashionable to hate on Zach and people think they are very smart and cool if they do it, but hes getting severely underrated at this point. You can count on the fingers of one hand the players in the world who are as good in driving AND 3pt shooting at the same time.

let us know when a team he is on doesn't suck

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 03:21 PM
The Lakers aren’t interested in including Austin Reaves in a potential Zach LaVine deal despite his recent move to the bench, (https://theathletic.com/5067020/2023/11/16/lakers-results-zach-lavine-trade-rumors/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw) according to multiple team sources.

– via Jovan Buha @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5067020/2023/11/16/lakers-results-zach-lavine-trade-rumors/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw)

they aren't completely out of their minds anyway though they probably think they can get someone for Cancer

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 03:42 PM
KC Johnson: Seeing Alex Caruso speculation almost daily, now tied to Bulls potentially having “fire sale” if LaVine is dealt. FWIW, Bulls have rebuffed all Caruso overtures in past and, at least as of now, I’ve heard nothing to indicate they have interest in dealing him (https://*********.com/social/).

– via Twitter KCJHoop (https://twitter.com/KCJHoop)

he's who I'd want

Manny98
11-16-2023, 07:13 PM

Someone to hit shots in the playoffs when Embiid is shitting himself in the clutch

FultzNationRISE
11-16-2023, 07:22 PM
Someone to hit shots in the playoffs when Embiid is shitting himself in the clutch

https://i.postimg.cc/k4Lgxrnr/giphy.gif

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2023, 09:42 PM
“If the Bulls decided to make Alex Caruso available, the line of teams chasing him would stretch into double digits,” NBA reporter Marc Stein said on his #thisleague UNCUT podcast Thursday (33:55 mark) with TNT and B/R’s Chris Haynes (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10097685-nba-rumors-bulls-alex-caruso-on-trade-block-would-lead-to-a-line-of-10-plus-teams).

I'm sure. Unlike Lavine he's a guy that fits anywhere. The Lakers let him walk! :lol

GOBB
11-16-2023, 10:43 PM

What does he do that Maxey doesn’t already do.

Full Court
11-17-2023, 12:46 AM

Zach Lashrivel isn't someone you want to be counting on to hit clutch shots.

Jasper
11-17-2023, 01:14 AM
He and the Bulls are open to it. So says Shams.

last year I wanted the Bucks to make him their SG , next to Holiday.
(people laughed)

Jasper
11-17-2023, 01:15 AM

6'ers need a legit PF that can score and board ,, someone like Denvers PF

PeroAntic
11-17-2023, 06:44 AM

Drives finishes better at the rim and has better range + gravity. Having two players like that next to Embiid is making things a lot more easier for him.

tontoz
11-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Drives finishes better at the rim and has better range + gravity. Having two players like that next to Embiid is making things a lot more easier for him.

:roll:

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2023, 03:45 PM
“Just a miscommunication with the PR team,’’ Zach LaVine said afterward when asked about the incident. “We’re all fine.’’ (https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2023/11/19/23967870/bulls-guard-zach-lavine-hurting-himself-trying-play-villain) Not really, as sources indicated that the front office was made aware of the situation immediately and was less than thrilled with LaVine’s actions. When coach Billy Donovan found out about what happened he was downright ticked.

– via Joe Cowley @ Chicago Sun-Times (https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2023/11/19/23967870/bulls-guard-zach-lavine-hurting-himself-trying-play-villain)

Lakers or Clipps only ones that should want this shit show

PeroAntic
11-19-2023, 04:05 PM
:roll:

The classic case when you have nothing of substance to retort.

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2023, 04:20 PM
But while his shooting accuracy should bounce back, several league sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, convey the feeling that LaVine’s game does not translate well to winning situations (https://theathletic.com/5070615/2023/11/17/zach-lavine-trade-rumors-bulls/).

9 hours ago (https://*********.com/rumor/2467051/) – via Sam Vecenie @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5070615/2023/11/17/zach-lavine-trade-rumors-bulls/)

well duh