PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about James Harden not even being all nba in 2016?

Kblaze8855
11-15-2023, 09:24 PM
But Kyle Lowry making it?

I know that we as a people don’t **** with James Harden, but we as a People didn’t really **** with Kyle Lowry either for quite a while there, so I feel I can get a reasonable answer out of you.

And I won’t bother posting the numbers. Just know they’re about what you think they are. Rockets had a down year. I believe that’s the year the Raptors were first in the east before LeBron destroyed the entire province of Ontario on the way to the ring. They had a few good years but I think that was the 56-58 win one which I assume was the reason Lowry got Hardens spot.

Still not sure how I feel about it though. I saw Kobe talking about it during some segment of a show he was sitting in talking about how Harden and Westbrook came out so hungry in 2017. It was right next to the video of Kobe talking about how hardens style wouldn’t win, but I won’t go into all that right now.

Just asking about all nba right now. That was a hell of a year for all nba for that season to not even make the third team even if the rockets were mediocre.

Wally450
11-15-2023, 09:30 PM
He 100% should've made it over Klay Thompson.

SouBeachTalents
11-15-2023, 09:46 PM
Dame making the 2nd Team winning 3 more games while Harden gets left off altogether is a pretty big joke, let alone Klay & Lowry. The 2015/16 Rockets are surprisingly unimpressive on paper. His best teammate those seasons was a past prime Dwight, so it was honestly impressive he managed to win 56 games the year before.

ArbitraryWater
11-15-2023, 09:46 PM
The Rockets werent very good that year. Kind of a weird season inbetween 2 other quite good years.

SaltyMeatballs
11-15-2023, 09:49 PM
Might be the biggest all-nba snub ever. He put up 29-7-6 and still led the Rockets to the playoffs with a washed Dwight. He was deserving of all-nba 3rd team

FultzNationRISE
11-15-2023, 09:49 PM
Dame making the 2nd Team winning 3 more games while Harden gets left off altogether is a pretty big joke, let alone Klay & Lowry. The 2015/16 Rockets are surprisingly unimpressive on paper. His best teammate those seasons was a past prime Dwight, so it was honestly impressive he managed to win 56 games the year before.

The Rockets, similar to the Blazers for a while, in the post-Tmac/Yao and post-Brandon Roy era, had a history of overachieving with rosters lacking star power. They were always scrappy and dangerous to anyone.

Crediting Harden for all their wins just because he was the ‘name’ is a fallacious assumption.

could've won 3 mvps so yeah

iamgine
11-17-2023, 06:24 AM
No problem at all. Lowry was worse but close to Harden that season and his team was winning. The one that's much worse than Harden was Klay but his team was on a historic run so it's understandable.

Kblaze8855
11-17-2023, 08:22 AM
I wouldn’t trade prime Klay for Kyle Lowry. Back when he was a top defender and was going pretty hard in the playoffs. He got them by the Blazers when Steph was out and put up 31 on near 50/50/94 and ran wild cs the Thunder that famous game 6. Klay was the perfect modern 3 and D guy around that time.

Stephonit
11-17-2023, 09:32 AM
The Rockets that year were bad. It would have been more embarrassing if he had made it.

He 100% should've made it over Klay Thompson.

You do remember that the Rockets played the Warriors in the playoffs that year and Curry got injured in that series right?

iamgine
11-17-2023, 12:00 PM
I wouldn’t trade prime Klay for Kyle Lowry. Back when he was a top defender and was going pretty hard in the playoffs. He got them by the Blazers when Steph was out and put up 31 on near 50/50/94 and ran wild cs the Thunder that famous game 6. Klay was the perfect modern 3 and D guy around that time.

I mean I'm sure we can find a few examples where Lowry played well too.

L.Kizzle
11-17-2023, 01:04 PM
There are multiple big name/Big numbers guys left off All-NBA Teams over the years. Not sure if this is the biggest tho.
Hell, Isiah Thomas never made all All-NBA team after 1987. So the Pistons most successful years, their franchise player doesn't make any teams.

FultzNationRISE
11-17-2023, 01:10 PM
I can tell you with full sincerity I am unbothered by it.

Wally450
11-17-2023, 05:10 PM
You do remember that the Rockets played the Warriors in the playoffs that year and Curry got injured in that series right?

No I don't. I just remember Harden playing 82 games that season and averaging 29/6/8. Those are All NBA numbers.

Axe
11-17-2023, 07:35 PM
Might be the biggest all-nba snub ever. He put up 29-7-6 and still led the Rockets to the playoffs with a washed Dwight. He was deserving of all-nba 3rd team
Sometimes no matter the stat line, the league seems to consider the final standings or how the teams they played for eventually finished the season. Most likely he wouldn't be snubbed if the rockets won closer to 50 instead of 41 during that year.

ImKobe
11-18-2023, 12:18 AM
I do kinda get the reasoning as the Rockets only won 41 games, but Harden deserved that Spot. Without Lowry the EC would have only had 3 All-NBA players in total, but that's not Harden's fault. He was in a tougher situation and played better. Harden had the tougher schedule and less help. Another thing is that the Rockets might have been out of the POs at the time when the All-NBA voting started, so media people overlooked him. Rockets won their last 3 and barely made it to the POs over the Jazz.