PDA

View Full Version : League insists that LeMelo cover up a tattoo while on the court.

Hey Yo
11-17-2023, 07:02 PM
Says it violates league rules of promoting a brand.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38922029/nba-requiring-hornets-lamelo-ball-cover-tattoo-says-commercial-logo

L.Kizzle
11-17-2023, 07:17 PM
I'm not covering up MY NAME. It was his name before it was his brand.

Real Men Wear Green
11-17-2023, 07:19 PM

It does suck but if they have him by the rules of the CBA then there's nothing he can do. It's not worth getting fined over, especially when those fines could be increasing every game.

FultzNationRISE
11-17-2023, 07:31 PM

I havent seen the tattoo but if it's stylized as a distinct logo that the brand also uses, then it's obviously an attempt at commercial endorsement.

If it's just literally two letters in normal print, I'd side with Ball.

Apparently Lonzo had a similar issue with a tattoo of "Big Baller Brand" earlier in his career.

Personally I find these tactics sleazy and desperate. I dont know anything about the Ball family's private life, and maybe they're nice people off camera, but publicly they come off so low class and gimmicky.

red1
11-17-2023, 08:43 PM
Says it violates league rules of promoting a brand.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38922029/nba-requiring-hornets-lamelo-ball-cover-tattoo-says-commercial-logo

cover that shit up lil boy

no one wants to see you promoting your shitty brand

L.Kizzle
11-17-2023, 09:15 PM
I havent seen the tattoo but if it's stylized as a distinct logo that the brand also uses, then it's obviously an attempt at commercial endorsement.

If it's just literally two letters in normal print, I'd side with Ball.

Apparently Lonzo had a similar issue with a tattoo of "Big Baller Brand" earlier in his career.

Personally I find these tactics sleazy and desperate. I dont know anything about the Ball family's private life, and maybe they're nice people off camera, but publicly they come off so low class and gimmicky.
What's the difference with wearing a brand shoe and having a tattoo on your body? Really makes no sense.

I can where some Puma's but can't have a brand tatted on me.

FultzNationRISE
11-17-2023, 09:22 PM
What's the difference with wearing a brand shoe and having a tattoo on your body? Really makes no sense.

I can where some Puma's but can't have a brand tatted on me.

Well footwear you could argue youre choosing it because of performance, not necessarily to endorse it to others. Tattooing a company logo on your body pretty much only has one purpose.

L.Kizzle
11-17-2023, 09:42 PM
Well footwear you could argue youre choosing it because of performance, not necessarily to endorse it to others. Tattooing a company logo on your body pretty much only has one purpose.
It's his company tho.
I mean, players wear shoes to ENDORSE the company they're signed too.