PDA

View Full Version : Giannis averaging 30.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.2 bpg on 61.8% FG/64.8% TS

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:06 AM
They were saying he was falling off about a week a go. Damn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekie502uhz4&pp=ygUVZ2lhbm5pcyBhbnRldG9rb3VubXBv

Kblaze8855
11-21-2023, 12:24 AM
There are about four players, who can probably choose their numbers every night to the point you don’t notice anymore. Luka and Embiid are the two who still have to win to get much credit for it. But even then the era of numbers alone making you legendary might be over. Like 18 people are legendary by old standards at any given time. I guess it’s winning from here on out.

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 12:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC90gpv8L_s

I know it's not from this year but I've been looking for a link to this forever after seeing it on instragram, and being reminded about seeing it on instagram in another thread on the front page, and it fits perfectly in this thread so here we go.

Shit is too much:roll:

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:33 AM
They were telling me that Jokic is untouchable and inarguably, indisputably the best player. That it would be blasphemous to suggest anyone else.

I think Giannis is now scoring more per game at a higher efficiency. LOL!

Kblaze8855
11-21-2023, 12:38 AM
They were telling me that Jokic is untouchable and inarguably, indisputably the best player. That it would be blasphemous to suggest anyone else.

this is a completely unnecessary argument to keep pushing every three days. Neither of these guys deserves the resulting hate. All they do is show up and play hard and win for things that have no history of it. No need for a running dialogue on a fabricated rivalry.

Proctor
11-21-2023, 12:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC90gpv8L_s

I know it's not from this year but I've been looking for a link to this forever after seeing it on instragram, and being reminded about seeing it on instagram in another thread on the front page, and it fits perfectly in this thread so here we go.

Shit is too much:roll:

:roll:

Giannis feasts on guys on teams trying to lose and/or little dudes. These 20 for 25 games are usually against piles of dogshit.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:47 AM
Giannis: 30.2 ppg on 61.8% FG and 64.8% TS
Jokic: 28.8 ppg on 57.5% FG and 64.3% TS

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 12:50 AM

I mean that's good for Giannis and all, I dont think anyone doubted he could do this in the regular season. As far as the Jokic comparison, Joker doesnt look to put up big point totals on most nights in the regular season.

He leads the league in rebounding, and is 4th in assists amongst a bunch of guards and Sabonis at #10.

So other superstars should be at least near or ahead of him in points. And again, he's literally not even trying to pile up points in the regular season. He tries to get everyone else their looks, and even then he's so consistent as a shooter he often cant help dropping 35 points.

dankok8
11-21-2023, 12:52 AM
Giannis: 30.2 ppg on 61.8% FG and 64.8% TS
Jokic: 28.8 ppg on 57.5% FG and 64.3% TS

Post their rebounds, assists and turnovers too!

Giannis hasn't even played very good D this season thus far.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:55 AM
this is a completely unnecessary argument to keep pushing every three days. Neither of these guys deserves the resulting hate. All they do is show up and play hard and win for things that have no history of it. No need for a running dialogue on a fabricated rivalry.

This is a critique that could be applied to the entire existence of this forum. Almost every post on this forum is completely unnecessary but it's fun to banter and shit talk online. I am enjoying posting Giannis threads at the moment, especially on RealGM. Some of the Jokic fans over there are militant. Guy wins 1 championship and they're talking about him as consensus top 15 GOAT. Whatever that means.

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 12:57 AM

Top 5 turnovers:

Cade 4.8
Giannis 4.2
Lamelo 4.2
Luka 4.1
Trae 4.1

After top 5 it really doesnt matter. The first five are the big deal. We dont need to discuss who number 6 is, it's not relevant, and lets just say if youre about to be 39 you have a pretty good excuse anyway, but honestly, top 5 is really the dudes you need to be concerned about. After that the turnover amount gets small enough not to be a problem. So let's just not worry about anything beyond Top 5, which Giannis is in.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:57 AM

Wow, bro. I ain't implying anything. Just posting facts.

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 01:00 AM

Oh, okay, you wanna talk facts? I got some facts for you:

Hello ISH, I am your resident package master, and the only confirmed big daddy on InsideHoops. In this thread, I will use geometry and science to debunk the finals picture.

- Height: 6-7.25 (2003 draft at age 18) Wingspan: 7-0.25

What we do know by these body statistics, is that Lebron has a VERY large skeletal frame. And proven by studies, height has no correlation with package size.

If you take a look at this picture, you'll see that Lebron's arm sleeve takes up essentially 1/2 or even closer to 3/5 of his arm length

Lebron's arm length account for 4/5ths of Lebron's wingspan (Take out the shoulder width)

Doing the math, Lebron's arm length is roughly around 3 feet on both sides. His arms make up 6 feet of his wingspan, and the shoulder width makes up the rest.

Now knowing that Lebron's arm is 3 feet, we can then decipher how long his arm sleeve is. Knowing that the sleeve, takes up around 3/5ths of Lebron's 3 feet arm, we know that Lebron's arm sleeve, is roughly 1.8 feet.

I now want you to pay attention to this picture

-Take note that the white square is the original sized image of Lebron's package. The copy to the right is an upscaled 125% version. We do this because we are going to use his arm sleeve as a size reference, and his arm sleeve is actually CLOSER to the camera, which distorts the size. This is why in bodybuilding contests, they have a marked out line which you cannot go in front of, as it distorts size when comparisons are made.
-We then take the upscaled version of Lebron's junk, and compare it to the arm sleeve, which is about at a 140 degree angle.
-As you can see, it takes about 4 Lebron's to cover the shortened length of Lebron's arm, due to the angle at the elbow
-If we straighten his arm, it would take about 5 Lebron's to cover the length

KNOWING that Lebron's arm sleeve is 1.8 feet, we can divide this by 5, to get the official size of Lebron.

It come out to 0.36 feet, which is 4.32 inches

We then account for blood flow not being directed to the package, but the muscles. Scientists estimate that flaccid size decrease by about 30% during exercise, which means that Lebron is around 5.75 inches FLACCID.

This is higher than the global male average ERECT.

We can assume that Lebron has at least 8-9 inches of Erect meat

Thanks for your time, the finals picture has been debunked

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 01:04 AM
Oh, okay, you wanna talk facts? I got some facts for you:

Hello ISH, I am your resident package master, and the only confirmed big daddy on InsideHoops. In this thread, I will use geometry and science to debunk the finals picture.

- Height: 6-7.25 (2003 draft at age 18) Wingspan: 7-0.25

What we do know by these body statistics, is that Lebron has a VERY large skeletal frame. And proven by studies, height has no correlation with package size.

If you take a look at this picture, you'll see that Lebron's arm sleeve takes up essentially 1/2 or even closer to 3/5 of his arm length

Lebron's arm length account for 4/5ths of Lebron's wingspan (Take out the shoulder width)

Doing the math, Lebron's arm length is roughly around 3 feet on both sides. His arms make up 6 feet of his wingspan, and the shoulder width makes up the rest.

Now knowing that Lebron's arm is 3 feet, we can then decipher how long his arm sleeve is. Knowing that the sleeve, takes up around 3/5ths of Lebron's 3 feet arm, we know that Lebron's arm sleeve, is roughly 1.8 feet.

I now want you to pay attention to this picture

-Take note that the white square is the original sized image of Lebron's package. The copy to the right is an upscaled 125% version. We do this because we are going to use his arm sleeve as a size reference, and his arm sleeve is actually CLOSER to the camera, which distorts the size. This is why in bodybuilding contests, they have a marked out line which you cannot go in front of, as it distorts size when comparisons are made.
-We then take the upscaled version of Lebron's junk, and compare it to the arm sleeve, which is about at a 140 degree angle.
-As you can see, it takes about 4 Lebron's to cover the shortened length of Lebron's arm, due to the angle at the elbow
-If we straighten his arm, it would take about 5 Lebron's to cover the length

KNOWING that Lebron's arm sleeve is 1.8 feet, we can divide this by 5, to get the official size of Lebron.

It come out to 0.36 feet, which is 4.32 inches

We then account for blood flow not being directed to the package, but the muscles. Scientists estimate that flaccid size decrease by about 30% during exercise, which means that Lebron is around 5.75 inches FLACCID.

This is higher than the global male average ERECT.

We can assume that Lebron has at least 8-9 inches of Erect meat

Thanks for your time, the finals picture has been debunked

Only 8 to 9 inches? I'd expect more from "The King."

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 01:12 AM
Only 8 to 9 inches? I'd expect more from "The King."

Bro, bro, bro.

Chill.

That was just a conservative estimate. We’re talking MINUMUM. With an upper range of 13-14.

Most plausibly he’s somewhere in the 11-12 range. That’s more than ample for a King.

Kblaze8855
11-21-2023, 01:17 AM
This is a critique that could be applied to the entire existence of this forum. Almost every post on this forum is completely unnecessary but it's fun to banter and shit talk online. I am enjoying posting Giannis threads at the moment, especially on RealGM. Some of the Jokic fans over there are militant. Guy wins 1 championship and they're talking about him as consensus top 15 GOAT. Whatever that means.

It’s just weird noticing the very beginning of one of these stupid, never ending arguments which plague the entire Internet, if not the entire sports world on and off-line. Just two great players with no affiliation accomplishing great things having never even played a game of consequence against each other, and someone takes upon themselves to make topic after topic pitting them against each other getting the same replies from the same people who already have nothing new to say. And it feels like the kind of thing that could go on for the next 10 years. Be nice if we could sidestep just one of these stupid ****ing never ending arguments. And there is absolutely nothing to add to it. They’re both going to do monumental numbers and if anyone cares to ask this question one day, they certainly won’t factory and anything happening on a daily basis in a random November.

I’m not saying it’s out of line to talk about as a sports fan, but it is pretty much sitting down to seek out another one of these arguments that never needed to exist in the first place, which always devolves into spam and repetitiveness, because the basic points get laid out in the first 10 replies the first time it comes up but we have to keep hearing about it for 30,000 posts because people are weirdos.

The same points made right now are going to be made in 10 years just with different accomplishments attached to them. Giannis isn’t going to turn into a great shooter and Jokic will never be a great defender. They’ve both done everything possible for them to do already. But you’re going to try to make it a fight just for the **** of it when even a few weeks into it there’s already nothing left to say.

Without exception, every version of this argument involving every combo of players reaches the point you either repeat yourself or roll your eyes at seeing it again, and ignore it. This is somehow already there and this is the first time I recall seeing the ground floor of it, knowing where it’s going. There’s just no reason to ride this ride. Feel free to continue but it’s entirely possible you will have no new information either side is going to use to form a new opinion for the next decade.

They’re both going to lose a bunch more times and maybe win one or two more times, and the praise and hate they both get will rise and fall when those things happen, but they’re both fully formed. The opinions are for the most part set.

None of the people who think he’s the greatest player of all time are going to change because of anybody elses statistics. How many decades do we have to see people decide these things, and stay where they are till the day they die?

These crusades never change a mind that wasn’t open to it and the people you’re annoyed by aren’t open to it. And the normal people who might be just get sick of hearing about it so open or not they tune it out. That’s how this goes.

The biggest advocates, and the biggest haters for everybody do absolutely no good for their causes. Normal people ignore both of them.

This is gonna turn into that in about a month tops even for the diehards here.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 01:44 AM
It’s just weird noticing the very beginning of one of these stupid, never ending arguments which plague the entire Internet, if not the entire sports world on and off-line. Just two great players with no affiliation accomplishing great things having never even played a game of consequence against each other, and someone takes upon themselves to make topic after topic pitting them against each other getting the same replies from the same people who already have nothing new to say. And it feels like the kind of thing that could go on for the next 10 years. Be nice if we could sidestep just one of these stupid ****ing never ending arguments. And there is absolutely nothing to add to it. They’re both going to do monumental numbers and if anyone cares to ask this question one day, they certainly won’t factory and anything happening on a daily basis in a random November.

I’m not saying it’s out of line to talk about as a sports fan, but it is pretty much sitting down to seek out another one of these arguments that never needed to exist in the first place, which always devolves into spam and repetitiveness, because the basic points get laid out in the first 10 replies the first time it comes up but we have to keep hearing about it for 30,000 posts because people are weirdos.

The same points made right now are going to be made in 10 years just with different accomplishments attached to them. Giannis isn’t going to turn into a great shooter and Jokic will never be a great defender. They’ve both done everything possible for them to do already. But you’re going to try to make it a fight just for the **** of it when even a few weeks into it there’s already nothing left to say.

Without exception, every version of this argument involving every combo of players reaches the point you either repeat yourself or roll your eyes at seeing it again, and ignore it. This is somehow already there and this is the first time I recall seeing the ground floor of it, knowing where it’s going. There’s just no reason to ride this ride. Feel free to continue but it’s entirely possible you will have no new information either side is going to use to form a new opinion for the next decade.

They’re both going to lose a bunch more times and maybe win one or two more times, and the praise and hate they both get will rise and fall when those things happen, but they’re both fully formed. The opinions are for the most part set.

None of the people who think he’s the greatest player of all time are going to change because of anybody elses statistics. How many decades do we have to see people decide these things, and stay where they are till the day they die?

These crusades never change a mind that wasn’t open to it and the people you’re annoyed by aren’t open to it. And the normal people who might be just get sick of hearing about it so open or not they tune it out. That’s how this goes.

The biggest advocates, and the biggest haters for everybody do absolutely no good for their causes. Normal people ignore both of them.

This is gonna turn into that in about a month tops even for the diehards here.

I don't disagree with any of this. But all I'll say is that InsideHoops ain't the meeting of the minds. There are no doctoral theses being posted here. People just want to chat shit and enjoy their afternoon or night while watching hoops.

Any time I try and create some interesting and unique content about an old team or player it gets minimal replies. And then I realize I wasted 2 hours writing and formatting the post.

elementally morale
11-21-2023, 01:50 AM
This early in the season it takes two subpar games to almost completely change this 'race'. Jokic was basically not playing the last two games and his numbers took a huge hit. It happens to others, too.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 01:53 AM
This early in the season it takes two subpar games to almost completely change this 'race'. Jokic was basically not playing the last two games and his numbers took a huge hit. It happens to others, too.

Wrong, you are not. True, this is.

Kblaze8855
11-21-2023, 02:10 AM
I don't disagree with any of this. But all I'll say is that InsideHoops ain't the meeting of the minds. There are no doctoral theses being posted here. People just want to chat shit and enjoy their afternoon or night while watching hoops.

Any time I try and create some interesting and unique content about an old team or player it gets minimal replies. And then I realize I wasted 2 hours writing and formatting the post.

it’s fine and I don’t mean it as personal as it probably sounds. It’s just like witnessing the start of the Garnett and dirk discussion from scratch when after 20 years they end up having had basically the same accomplishments and nobody even cares. Makes me feel like I’ve been on the Internet too long. I’m seeing these whole story lines play out.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 08:04 AM

facts don't go over very well on ISH

dankok8
11-21-2023, 11:08 AM

You mean like RealGM "doctoral thesis" where a majority of posters convince themselves things like Ginobili is the 39th best player ever because his plus minus is good.

No thanks. I like our lists more. I do post there as well because there are some good posters and mostly because there are no annoying trolls but intellectual snobs don't make for good sports discussion. In fact, it's sometimes flat out illogical conclusions they come to.

Jasper
11-21-2023, 11:44 AM
I never elaborate on threads like this on superstars because their body of work can be argued when they are retired and are in the HOF.

I will say Giannis is just warming up , Dame will make his life 3x easier by the end of the season , and you will see dame's numbers go down , be more efficient and Giannis will have his way with opponents.

Jasper
11-21-2023, 11:58 AM
I will pose a question to you posters about Joker and Giannis :

Which player would prefer the other players game ??

ILLsmak
11-21-2023, 12:03 PM

Bring it and we got u bb.

I wanna meet some minds. I been on the net for years n years waiting for people to talk about something worthwhile.

Some of the things people say are theses. Sorry, some of your old player stuff doesn't work for me cuz I know nothing about it!

I am an ISB fan. You used to be kind of a troll, but you are doing good work here. I like the idea of old stuff, but as much as I might come off as a know-it-all, I'm not gonna post on something I have no idea about.

Keep doing you. If you don't get replies, it's whatever. But yea don't put too much time into it, I guess. 2 hours ey. Sucks. Maybe create something and kind of throw out a small post with more info backing it up if people are into it?

Edit: and @ kb, I think he and I are similar in some ways, and his dissertation was more just inspired by your thread opposed to at you, but maybe not?

-Smak

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2023, 12:07 PM
You mean like RealGM "doctoral thesis" where a majority of posters convince themselves things like Ginobili is the 39th best player ever because his plus minus is good.

No thanks. I like our lists more. I do post there as well because there are some good posters and mostly because there are no annoying trolls but intellectual snobs don't make for good sports discussion. In fact, it's sometimes flat out illogical conclusions they come to.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply RealGM was any better or worse. I was referring to online basketball discourse as a whole. Especially social media and forums. I think RealGM is different, but you're right: it has its own issues, especially the snobs as you said. Its main benefit to me would be the activity. I post something there and I'll get 5-10x more responses.