PDA

View Full Version : Currently worst starters (the Dillon Brooks award)

iamgine
11-21-2023, 12:38 PM
1. Jordan Poole
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Victor Wembanyama
5. Jeremy Sochan
6. Jordan Clarkson
7. Marcus Smart

Honorable mention: Bradley Beal & Scoot Henderson but they get a pass since they only played very few games.

beasted
11-21-2023, 01:05 PM
Shouldn't the concept of this award go to starters who are having down years from their previous standard, similar to Brooks last year?

If so, Clarkson, Smart, and Sochan don't belong because they're largely the same as they've always been. VW is a rookie doing no worse than Banchero last season.

Where is Ben Simmons making $38M and averaging 6/10/7?

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 01:31 PM
Shouldn't the concept of this award go to starters who are having down years from their previous standard, similar to Brooks last year?

If so, Clarkson, Smart, and Sochan don't belong because they're largely the same as they've always been. VW is a rookie doing no worse than Banchero last season.

Ben Simmons for The Bum and change as much as I don't like Simmons

beasted
11-21-2023, 01:45 PM
Ben Simmons for The Bum and change as much as I don't like Simmons

That's just because of your irrational hate for Clarkson. It's clear which player has more value in the league.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 01:49 PM
That's just because of your irrational hate for Clarkson. It's clear which player has more value in the league.

Simmons. Passes and plays some D vs gunning, bricking, not passing and not playing D

beasted
11-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Simmons. Passes and plays some D vs gunning, bricking, not passing and not playing D

They are both overpaid and mediocre-to-bad players. Simmons who will be making $40M next season is worse than Clarkson who will make $14M next year.

FultzNationRISE
11-21-2023, 02:00 PM
I think you mean “The Lebron James Teammates Award”

:yaohappy:

hold this L
11-21-2023, 02:01 PM
Klay's garbage ass has to be up there.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 04:13 PM
They are both overpaid and mediocre-to-bad players. Simmons who will be making $40M next season is worse than Clarkson who will make $14M next year.

Simmons only has two years on his contract to The Bum's 3 and actually does something besides dribble, take horrible shots and brick most of those shots. I'll take Simmons and I don't like him and besides Manny loves garbage!

Full Court
11-21-2023, 06:06 PM
Maybe OP doesn't know that Brooks was an All Defensive Second Team member last year. Or maybe he doesn't understand that Brooks is a huge part of the Rockets being a decent team this year. Or that his loss really hurt the Grizzlies.

SATAN
11-21-2023, 06:39 PM
Terrible list :lol

iamgine
11-21-2023, 08:50 PM

The concept is starters who are terrible but getting minutes, similar to Brooks last year. Ben Simmons isn't that good but he's not terrible.

beasted
11-21-2023, 09:18 PM
The concept is starters who are terrible but getting minutes, similar to Brooks last year. Ben Simmons isn't that good but he's not terrible.

What is the benchmark for terrible? TS%? BPM?

Simmons is absolutely terrible.

FireDavidKahn
11-21-2023, 10:23 PM
Poole gunning for the worst individual season of all time.

The WOAT trophy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_fGxT3XcAA6rTI?format=jpg&name=large

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 10:27 PM
https://thedatajocks.com/worst-nba-player-of-all-time/

this is recent and I'm certainly not surprised to see some of these names. Collins, Eaton, Mahorn