PDA

View Full Version : Kerr has completely lost the plot

hold this L
11-21-2023, 02:00 PM
I don't think I've ever had a bigger turnaround negative opinion on a coach as I have on Steve throughout the career. First I want to acknowledge that even with a better coach, this team isn't winning sh*t as presently constructed. So the conversation is less about that, but moreso about Kerr's garbage tier coaching this season and much of last. By far one of the worst coaches in the entire league this season, and slightly less terrible last season.

- The entire organization in general is bleeding with nepotism at embarrassing levels. Lightyears has two of his sons working for GSW, one of which my suspicion has that job because they removed West from the team. Afterwards outside of Looney, Warriors has fluffed every single draft pick. They went from a top 3 drafting team to bottom 5. Kerr has his son Nick Kerr now work with the G League. All of these you look the other way even if it's annoying. What is unbelievably unbearable is the nepotism that this organization and Kerr show with players they've had for a while, Dray and in particular, the space cadet himself, Klay.
- I complained last season that Steve had lost the locker room last season. He would take out guys all the time for making mistakes, which is fair. Then two seconds later he would see Klay give up on plays, chuck impossible shots and act like he can't see for the foreseeable future. Now imagine being a young guy who makes mistakes, getting benched or pulled for silly mistakes and then seeing your senior doing the same thing at a higher level with impunity. Noone is going to respect a coach's words when he is that much of a hypocrite.
- The 3 guard disasterclass. This man does not listen. Has put out this atrocious defensive nightmare of a system in 22, 23 and now the new season. Outside of a few selective situations, it's a defensive nightmare. Now with Klay, CP and Steph, it's open season defensively. Still does it. The lineups of Poole, Klay, Steph and Poole, Klay, DD, and Steph, DD, Klay were all wacky last season. So what does he do? CP, Steph and Klay.
- How to fit Klay in? Well lets let the old ass 35 year old superstar be a POA defender for the first in his life so we can allow Klay to defend.. well he can't defend anybody because he is a GARBAGE level defender now, so you put him on the worst offensive 3 or 4 in lineups and have.. everyone else fit to make Klay work. You're going to strain and break down the only thing that can keep you relevant for what? So Klay can be. That's more important everybody. This is the same jackass that put Klay in the starting lineup after missing over 2 1/2 seasons because he doesn't have tough conversations. Apparently these are not part of the job description.
- Why is CP3 playing so much? If the goal is to actually win a chip, then playing a near 40 year old this much who has a long history injury might not be a bad idea. Also how does it make ANY sense that your power forward who can play center gets injured, and you put out a little midget in the court as his replacement? Why? Because Kerr doesn't want to have difficult decisions.
- Why is Moody not playing at all? Because Kerr says he deserves more playing time, but Klay also needs to play as much as possible to get to his "old level". :facepalm
- Rotations, lineups are all over the place. Defensive assignments, all over the place. Guys not knowing when to make guys go left, when go under a screen, when to switch, etc etc. Since MB left, the defense has been in complete shambles when it comes to being an organized unit. Klay as usual, is a muppet that consistently gives up on plays and doesn't even bother, but this is a team wide issue. He's just more glaring about it.
- An example was the OKC Warriors game. This old ass team played Steph, CP and Klay all of the last 5 minutes, and the same team in OT. The young athletic team had 5-6 lineup changes in that time and was super fresh in OT. Where the fock are the adjustments Steve? Then you have the scenario of them not fouling and paying for it. If this was an isolated incident fine, but we have seen Kerr do this throughout his entire career.

This clown of a coach is just a walking, hypocritical contradiction of himself. Clearly too emotionally dumb to see that Klay is not a main core player to a championship team. But unless they trade Klay for something useful, nothing is going to change because the coach is too far invested in his player to make rational decisions.

It makes sense that as the dynasty ends, Steve Kerr simultaneously loses his brain cells and becomes an idiot. Not even talk too much about his record without Steph in the team which would get hired at McDonalds.

red1
11-21-2023, 02:06 PM
curry's been surrounded by knuckleads and washed up former stars the last couple of years.

putting up with retards like poole and dray

then again dray does do a lot of the dirty work and poole did go off that 2021 run

the real struggle is watching klay cost them after game with his cold shooting. that 6-game losing streak curry was actually hooping he literally just needed one other player to step and pitch in with the scoring.

its pretty obvious that they're going to get rid of klay first chance they get.

Akeem34TheDream
11-21-2023, 03:53 PM
OP i think you expect GSW to trade Klay this season. You know that won't happen right? He will probably retire as a Warrior and a Splash Brother even though he has sucked for years now and was never as good as Draymond.

Wardell Curry
11-21-2023, 03:54 PM
Lightyears has two of his sons working for GSW

:roll:

Axe
11-21-2023, 05:54 PM
Op acting as if the dubs didn't win four titles since 2015. Get a grip. The dynasty is freaking done. :oldlol:

beasted
11-21-2023, 08:38 PM
Klay, Dray, and Paul are all washed and overpaid. Not much you can do to overcome your cap blown on 3 guys who might not start on most playoff teams.

But I knew Kerr had lost it when he talked about playing Klay at PF and starting CP3. What a totally useless experiment that was.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 08:50 PM
Klay, Dray, and Paul are all washed and overpaid. Not much you can do to overcome your cap blown on 3 guys who might not start on most playoff teams.

But I knew Kerr had lost it when he talked about playing Klay at PF and starting CP3. What a totally useless experiment that was.

trying to get your best players on the floor. Not like most teams are playing 2 bigs anymore. Memphis had Smart guarding Lauri

iamgine
11-21-2023, 08:57 PM
Curry is still top 5. Dray is still really good. CP is good too. Saric and Looney are solid.

Klay has been sucking tho that's true. Kuminga is bad. Also Wiggins would be the worst starter in the league if not for Jordan Poole. These three need to improve.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 08:58 PM
Curry is still top 5. Dray is still really good. CP is good too. Saric and Looney are solid.

Klay has been sucking tho that's true. Kuminga is bad. Also Wiggins would be the worst starter in the league if not for Jordan Poole. These three need to improve.

Wiggins for The Bum. Who Says no?

paksat
11-21-2023, 09:02 PM
one of the luckiest men alive, had prime jordan and pippen AND jackson

THEN

gets command of the greatest shooter in history, AND, one of the top 5 greatest shooters in history, AND, whom also happens to be a top wing defender for a lot of his career

AND

gets kevin durant too

if he played the lottery, he'd win twice with one ticket

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 09:05 PM

THEN

gets command of the greatest shooter in history, AND, one of the top 5 greatest shooters in history, AND, whom also happens to be a top wing defender for a lot of his career

AND

gets kevin durant too

if he played the lottery, he'd win twice with one ticket

you forgot Duncan and Manu

paksat
11-21-2023, 09:06 PM
you forgot Duncan and Manu

I could list plenty more, the list is literally endless

he is the epitome of falling forward

red1
11-21-2023, 09:11 PM
OP i think you expect GSW to trade Klay this season. You know that won't happen right? He will probably retire as a Warrior and a Splash Brother even though he has sucked for years now and was never as good as Draymond.

they're going to dump him so fast

they probably cant get a taker

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2023, 09:15 PM

a young team like OKC might take someone with his championship experience.

Proctor
11-21-2023, 10:05 PM
Not playing Moody more is inexcusable IMO. Podziemski looks like he can play but if Moody had to rot on the bench to see time then so does he. Moody is clearly ready and has been.

8Ball
11-21-2023, 10:18 PM
Holy wall of angry text! You have been holding this in for a while now :lol

What I see here is a good coach that doesn't have the all pieces of the sports car firing anymore, and is trying to do whatever he can and its not working.

A good coach is only as good as the pieces he gets from front office and what he has on the board.

Axe
11-21-2023, 10:24 PM
Holy wall of angry text! You have been holding this in for a while now :lol

What I see here is a good coach that doesn't have the all pieces of the sports car firing anymore, and is trying to do whatever he can and its not working.

A good coach is only as good as the pieces he gets from front office and what he has on the board.
They thought that getting cp3 will save the dynasty from falling but after what they've been through so far, it seems that he will be scapegoated later on if things don't improve for them. But if they have to keep on letting him play for most of the remaining games in the rs, then the 38 y.o. may have a hard time being in the right condition for the upcoming postseason.

8Ball
11-21-2023, 10:45 PM
Kerr has Draymond Green that is now old and slow but still serviceable, but can't shoot 3s.

Klay isn't shooting well and can't defend no more after all the surgeries.

Curry is the offence but he can't defend guards in this guards driven league.

CP3 is a fossil that needs to retire.

What horses does he have to run with? Wiggins?

A great dynasty that started in 2014-2015 suddenly got old in 2023-2024. That was a 9 year run. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

NBAGOAT
11-22-2023, 06:32 AM
Myers quit at the right time. He knew you have to trade or give up on klay at this point but it’s hard to give up on the big 3. klay for lavine works really well. They’re legends who transformed the franchise. Spurs waited til Parker was washed and started him for too long, they were just fortunate they drafted kawhi and others. Tbf there is nothing Kerr can do about Wiggins right now except hope he bounces back. He’s worse than wolves Wiggins right now, even his effort is bad now

hold this L
11-22-2023, 10:55 AM
Op acting as if the dubs didn't win four titles since 2015. Get a grip. The dynasty is freaking done. :oldlol:
The little dweeb misses the point entirely. Even 2 or 3 years of that is more than enough success to be happy unless you are Lakers or Celtics. This is not about that. The team is not a contender anymore, but are fans not allowed to criticize or want improvement?

https://media.tenor.com/xZHn4Sg9L14AAAAC/breaking-computer.gif

I know, and it drives me crazy. What's most frustrating is that Klay is without question unlike Draymond, one of the most self-centered all about me players in the entire league right now. I know it won't happen even though it obviously should happen.

trying to get your best players on the floor. Not like most teams are playing 2 bigs anymore. Memphis had Smart guarding Lauri
Yes, and that's the problem. You can't start two PGs and an SG that isn't an SG anymore. This is about Kerr trying to fit Klay into the starting lineup. Then pandering to CP next. Kerr has been experimenting and completely failing with this idiotic 3 guard lineup since 2 seasons ago, he still does it! It still sucks, it still has a horrible defensive rating just like it did last year and the previous season before.

Klay playing PF is done purely because Kerr has lost all objectivity. He can't bench his ass, and now the guys Klay would defend.. are guys the 35 year old ATG is defending. They're burning out one of the best players ever so this fool of a coach can play the sentimental father.

They can absolutely get a taker, the question is about whether they're willing to. Klay is on a 42mill expiring contract. You add someone like Joku and depending who else, 1 other pick and you have a great package for the right team.

Not playing Moody more is inexcusable IMO. Podziemski looks like he can play but if Moody had to rot on the bench to see time then so does he. Moody is clearly ready and has been.
Kerr "Moody deserves more minutes. But we need to get Klay going."

This guy is an idiot. What is Klay going to get "going"? Outside of his shooting, he sucks at every other aspect of the sport right now. He's a bench microwave scorer in a championship contender, but Kerr thinks this guy is going to reshape the team. The only reason Moody isn't playing more is because of Kerr's insane insistence he has with Klay.

Myers quit at the right time. He knew you have to trade or give up on klay at this point but it’s hard to give up on the big 3. klay for lavine works really well. They’re legends who transformed the franchise. Spurs waited til Parker was washed and started him for too long, they were just fortunate they drafted kawhi and others. Tbf there is nothing Kerr can do about Wiggins right now except hope he bounces back. He’s worse than wolves Wiggins right now, even his effort is bad now
He basically semi-confirmed that. Everyone knows Klay should be traded.

Wiggins is a different story because unlike Klay, he offers other aspects to the the game than just scoring/shooting. Without his defending, this team's defense is completely cooked. He's starting to play much better on that end and looks more energized, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets it going. There's rumors he wasn't fit before the start of the season.

hold this L
11-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Kerr has Draymond Green that is now old and slow but still serviceable, but can't shoot 3s.

Klay isn't shooting well and can't defend no more after all the surgeries.

Curry is the offence but he can't defend guards in this guards driven league.

CP3 is a fossil that needs to retire.

What horses does he have to run with? Wiggins?

A great dynasty that started in 2014-2015 suddenly got old in 2023-2024. That was a 9 year run. I'm surprised it lasted this long.
Did you read anything I said?

ILLsmak
11-22-2023, 01:09 PM
curry's been surrounded by knuckleads and washed up former stars the last couple of years.

putting up with retards like poole and dray

then again dray does do a lot of the dirty work and poole did go off that 2021 run

the real struggle is watching klay cost them after game with his cold shooting. that 6-game losing streak curry was actually hooping he literally just needed one other player to step and pitch in with the scoring.

its pretty obvious that they're going to get rid of klay first chance they get.

The smart play would be to have traded both Poole and Dray.

Trading Klay would be sad cuz he's been riding so hard, even if he is trash. I blame Dray. If they get rid of Klay and keep Dray, they buggin. I legit think there is something wrong with that team on the inside, like this dude said, but I don't think it's Kerr.

-Smak

Axe
11-22-2023, 01:14 PM
Not at all. All i want to say is that it's been only less than 20 games, there can still be hope in which they could win for some period of time and end up getting a decent playoff spot.

NBAGOAT
11-22-2023, 01:14 PM

Trading Klay would be sad cuz he's been riding so hard, even if he is trash. I blame Dray. If they get rid of Klay and keep Dray, they buggin. I legit think there is something wrong with that team on the inside, like this dude said, but I don't think it's Kerr.

-Smak

Trading dray is idiotic, he’s still good his contract is not bad and you wouldn’t get equal value in return since other teams wouldn’t trade a star for him. Klays expiring can get you a scorer. Someone like buddy hield is an upgrade over klay at this point

bdonovan
11-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Some good observations.

I hadn't realized the extent of nepotism in the org. Over-emphasis on small-ball, over-commitment to Warriors core, refusal to have tough discussions (see: Draymond-Poole last year as another example) - yes all agree.

Some other quick-hits on Kerr's and Front-Office's mistakes:

- Botched Poole trade. I agree Poole had to go but the dude had trade value. Trade him for a quality big to guard the Embid's, Jokic's of the world. But no, they settled for an old bench-tier player.

- No one to guard NBA's top big men: The last 5 MVP's are all big men. When GSW and Nuggets last faced off, Jokic dropped 35 on super-efficienct numbers (14-25). Looney, Saric don't cut it. They've had years to find someone. But Kerr from his Bulls days thinks bigs don't matter. We miss the toughness and defense of the Bjelica's, Pachulia's, and Bogut's.

- Kerr assumes his quirky genius is why the Warriors won titles: Hence, infatuation with: small ball (he assumes small ball is why the Bulls and Warriors won; it's not). His infatuation with people he thinks are high IQ players (Iguodala in roster well after 'over the hill', Chris Paul). Kerr needs to admit he's not the reason, and stop sabotaging the team with his eccentric strategies.

- All his reputation of winning means Kerr can maintain bad habits without criticism. He keeps trying to live vicariously through second-rate white guards like Pozemski and Nico Mannion - giving them more responsibility than they should have. Last two years are the first I've seen the fanbase really criticize Kerr; that said, most of their criticism I believe is missing his real mistakes (maybe we're out of practice).

On areas we disagree:

- I do think the Warriors are in the hunt this year. I don't think they're odds on favorite; I'd give them a 10% chance.

- We won a ring with post-injury Klay 2 years ago. He's post injury Klay now. I don't think he got injured again in the last two years from when we won. Klay is capable of getting his groove back and it's not the first time he's been counted out.

- Front office is more to blame for the Warriors than Kerr. (in addition to the flaws I mentioned above: They keep shuffling players in and out- especially 2nd and 3rd unit. Chemistry matters.)

- This unit, effectively as it is today, won a ring 2 years ago. They didn't suddenly become washed and I don't think they are. Last year was a chemistry disaster (w/the Poole issue). This year is repairing from that. I think there will be a point this year they click again (like 2 years ago) and we'll be looking at our prospects differently.

ILLsmak
11-22-2023, 01:32 PM
Trading dray is idiotic, he’s still good his contract is not bad and you wouldn’t get equal value in return since other teams wouldn’t trade a star for him. Klays expiring can get you a scorer. Someone like buddy hield is an upgrade over klay at this point

we'll see what happens. I still say Dray is one of the most cancerous players in the NBA.

-Smak

hold this L
11-22-2023, 01:47 PM

-Smak

The team has a defensive problem and you want to keep Klay whose a cone and trade one of the 3 great defenders on the team? Might as well trade Steph at that point and go full tank mode.

Not at all. All i want to say is that it's been only less than 20 games, there can still be hope in which they could win for some period of time and end up getting a decent playoff spot.
This is not about being early or late into the season. These issues have persisted for years, it's not a 23-24 problem. He keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again and unless something drastic changes, it's joever.

Some good observations.

I hadn't realized the extent of nepotism in the org. Over-emphasis on small-ball, over-commitment to Warriors core, refusal to have tough discussions (see: Draymond-Poole last year as another example) - yes all agree.

Some other quick-hits on Kerr's and Front-Office's mistakes:

- Botched Poole trade. I agree Poole had to go but the dude had trade value. Trade him for a quality big to guard the Embid's, Jokic's of the world. But no, they settled for an old bench-tier player.

- No one to guard NBA's top big men: The last 5 MVP's are all big men. When GSW and Nuggets last faced off, Jokic dropped 35 on super-efficienct numbers (14-25). Looney, Saric don't cut it. They've had years to find someone. But Kerr from his Bulls days thinks bigs don't matter. We miss the toughness and defense of the Bjelica's, Pachulia's, and Bogut's.

- Kerr assumes his quirky genius is why the Warriors won titles: Hence, infatuation with: small ball (he assumes small ball is why the Bulls and Warriors won; it's not). His infatuation with people he thinks are high IQ players (Iguodala in roster well after 'over the hill', Chris Paul). Kerr needs to admit he's not the reason, and stop sabotaging the team with his eccentric strategies.

- All his reputation of winning means Kerr can maintain bad habits without criticism. He keeps trying to live vicariously through second-rate white guards like Pozemski and Nico Mannion - giving them more responsibility than they should have. Last two years are the first I've seen the fanbase really criticize Kerr; that said, most of their criticism I believe is missing his real mistakes (maybe we're out of practice).

On areas we disagree:

- I do think the Warriors are in the hunt this year. I don't think they're odds on favorite; I'd give them a 10% chance.

- We won a ring with post-injury Klay 2 years ago. He's post injury Klay now. I don't think he got injured again in the last two years from when we won. Klay is capable of getting his groove back and it's not the first time he's been counted out.

- Front office is more to blame for the Warriors than Kerr. (in addition to the flaws I mentioned above: They keep shuffling players in and out- especially 2nd and 3rd unit. Chemistry matters.)

- This unit, effectively as it is today, won a ring 2 years ago. They didn't suddenly become washed and I don't think they are. Last year was a chemistry disaster (w/the Poole issue). This year is repairing from that. I think there will be a point this year they click again (like 2 years ago) and we'll be looking at our prospects differently.
I agree with everything you said about Kerr, and I blame the FO as well but wanted to focus to the coach's ridiculous problems.

Klay was an elite role player in 22, where his value was on the same level as Looney who had the best PS of his career and JP who had a 65% as a super elite microwave scorer (will never come close to replacating this again). Warriors flat out don't have a scorer of the bench that can create his own shot like this anymore, which is a huge issue. Klay and Dray are also two years older, the time where players fall off a cliff. Don't look at Steph, Lebron, or KD. These guys are freaks. Aliens. They shouldn't even be looked at as exceptions because they're at exceptional and 1 in 500 million. 99% of NBA players fall off a cliff right around the age Klay and Draymond are at. Even if Klay is able to shoot better, it doesn't change that he's worse at cutting this year than the previous year and has become an even worse defender. And he spent all summer practicing so we can't use the idea that he's not "fit". He's just washed. I expect his shooting to get better but there's so many other holes in his game that make an incredible liability.

A huge issue is that this dude is playing the second highest minutes and his rotations are with Steph. That means that since he is defending PF, Steph is a lot of time the POA defender. He's going to break down by the time the playoffs hits. :facepalm

ILLsmak
11-22-2023, 05:40 PM
The team has a defensive problem and you want to keep Klay whose a cone and trade one of the 3 great defenders on the team? Might as well trade Steph at that point and go full tank mode.

It's obv that something is wrong with Klay. He used to be all nba d. He's a pouty person. But do u, haha. Hope it works out for GSW.

-Smak

hold this L
11-24-2023, 11:42 PM
More 3+ guard lineups from Kerr. This dude has completely lost his mind at this point. :facepalm

Lebron23
11-25-2023, 08:24 PM
Luckiest coach in nba history

GimmeThat
11-26-2023, 01:54 AM
Kerr is still stopping the dribble penetration, the Warriors getting out shot is the result of poor communication on switches and not securing those defensive rebounds

BarberSchool
11-26-2023, 10:47 AM

THEN

AND

gets kevin durant too

if he played the lottery, he'd win twice with one ticketDidnt the n!gga’s pops get killed in Lebanon when he was a toddler or some sh!t? So the luck wasn’t always there lol

Shaquille O'Neal
11-26-2023, 04:33 PM
I've always, always said Kerr is the luckiest man in basketball.
The GOAT comes back after he joined the Bulls, +3 rings on Kerr's resume.
Joins the '99 Spurs, strikeout shortened season, Robinson + Duncan give Kerr his 4th in a row + a 5th in 2003.
Joins the TNT announcer crew with no formal history of play-by-play.
Gets hired for the Suns front office after that, no formal GM experience.
Gets hired to coach the Warriors after Mark Jackson just about had that team ready to go over the top.
Gets Kevin Durant to join the team in 2017 to completely have the deck stacked.

I'm no believer in white guy privilege, but I'd certainly hear a case for Kerr.

ILLsmak
11-26-2023, 06:14 PM
I've always liked Kerr. He traded for Shaq and took a big L for that. He's def been in some good spots, but he did some things, too. He's got an iconic moment. He has some level of success in many things, but he's also got chronic back problems, so yeah, I wouldn't envy him.

-Smak

warriorfan
11-26-2023, 06:28 PM
Didnt the n!gga’s pops get killed in Lebanon when he was a toddler or some sh!t? So the luck wasn’t always there lol

I think he was a teenager. Shits pretty crazy though.

The cp3 thing was suicidal. He’s done better than I expected but still, you need more than a guy who can lead a bench unit. In playoff time the rotations will shrink and that doesn’t become nearly as valuable.

If it was up to me I wanted to deal cp3, kuminga, and a blank check of draft picks to get jrue holiday. would have sold the farm for one last shot. i think jrue was the only dude out there that could potentially make it happen.

warriorfan
11-26-2023, 06:29 PM
I've always liked Kerr. He traded for Shaq and took a big L for that. He's def been in some good spots, but he did some things, too. He's got an iconic moment. He has some level of success in many things, but he's also got chronic back problems, so yeah, I wouldn't envy him.

-Smak

He’s a legit good person. That has been the key to most of his success.

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 06:50 PM
Kendra Andrews: Speaking with reporters for the first time since his suspension, Draymond Green says he will never change the way he plays basketball and will always defend his teammates, but he has to grow to ensure he stays on the court to help his team. (https://*********.com/social/) He didn’t say he regrets his actions.
– via Twitter kendra__andrews (https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews)

warriorfan
11-26-2023, 06:57 PM
Kendra Andrews: Speaking with reporters for the first time since his suspension, Draymond Green says he will never change the way he plays basketball and will always defend his teammates, but he has to grow to ensure he stays on the court to help his team. (https://*********.com/social/) He didn’t say he regrets his actions.
– via Twitter kendra__andrews (https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews)

this isn’t even news. might as well report on how water is still wet

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 06:58 PM
this isn’t even news. might as well report on how water is still wet

pretty much what reporters do

warriorfan
11-26-2023, 07:00 PM
pretty much what reporters do

true but this is worse than normal. “this just in, draymond doesn’t give a ****”

it’s like c’mon now

Axe
11-26-2023, 07:43 PM
Only kerr was able to lead a team to multiple titles (all four tho they faced at least one hampered team otw to the finals) in the last 10 years. I doubt any coach who replaces him can replicate that type of success.

brooks_thompson
11-26-2023, 08:13 PM
When it was reported that Wiggins accepted a paycut from what he was making (and got less than Poole to boot), my mind immediately figured his thought process was “if I take less, I don’t have to work as hard or produce as much.” But man, he’s slacking even beyond that! A true 21st century American. You get what you pay for.

I haven’t watched them but for a couple games this year because it’s too painful. Klay with his “God forgot about me” teen angst is brutal viewing. I can’t remember the last time a player got the leeway to be so bullheaded and selfish, all so he can prove some “haters” wrong. He’s a toddler. I imagine its crushing to lose 2 years and your athleticism to injury. But this is his 3rd year back, you’ve gotta get over that shit by now and adjust to your new diminished skill set.

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2023, 08:25 PM
Only kerr was able to lead a team to multiple titles (all four tho they faced at least one hampered team otw to the finals) in the last 10 years. I doubt any coach who replaces him can replicate that type of success.

really going out on a limb with that one. Another coach can't win multiple titles with an over the hill group! :lol

Axe
11-26-2023, 08:30 PM
Meltdown. Stop yapping, my bitch. Thank you.

hold this L
11-29-2023, 02:07 AM
Steve the retard

- Moody has B2B 3s, 11 points in the 4th quarter and gets the Warriors in a comfortable lead
- Kerr takes him out for the entire last 5 minutes of the game
- Continues to let Klay play even though he's a waste of space the entire second half

I don't think there's ever been a bigger case of dumber favoritism than Kerr has with Klay. He's the worst coach in the league this year.

RRR3
11-29-2023, 01:16 PM
Steve the retard

- Moody has B2B 3s, 11 points in the 4th quarter and gets the Warriors in a comfortable lead
- Kerr takes him out for the entire last 5 minutes of the game
- Continues to let Klay play even though he's a waste of space the entire second half

I don't think there's ever been a bigger case of dumber favoritism than Kerr has with Klay. He's the worst coach in the league this year.
He can't be worse than Pockets Ham, have you seen the stuff that dumbass does? Not just saying that cuz I like LeBron, he legitimately constantly makes baffling decisions. Most recently, playing zone against an elite 3PT shooting team the Sixers for an entire game, and running Jaxson Hayes over Christian Wood

hold this L
11-29-2023, 11:32 PM
He can't be worse than Pockets Ham, have you seen the stuff that dumbass does? Not just saying that cuz I like LeBron, he legitimately constantly makes baffling decisions. Most recently, playing zone against an elite 3PT shooting team the Sixers for an entire game, and running Jaxson Hayes over Christian Wood
:lol

Maybe he's not the 30th worst, maybe 29th or 27th, I don't know. But he's definitely one of the worst coaches in the league. Several of his issues fall under the same problems that have been there since the 21-22 season (yes I know they won, there were still red flags then also). At least Ham changes things, Kerr right now is like a chatGPT robot that just follows the directions and doesn't deviate.

One issue he's always had is that this coach has learned under the two best coaches ever, played with MJ and Timmy and has ZERO feel for the game. The amount of times Steph, Klay, KD and some other player has been red hot and they got taken out because their game time is from x to z, then they come back into the game 6 game time minutes later and are cold is in the hundreds. I don't get how you have the basketball career you do and have that as an issue. I'm not even using a hyperbole, but I was actually disgusted when he took out Moody in the last game 5. And that he did it while keeping Klay was just insulting. He went 4/4, also scored 2/2 in other shots that didn't count like Klay giving an obvious illegal screen for example, scoring 11 points (60% of the points that quarter). The dude is just a f*cking clown. Gave an interview since he's been getting killed from the media, and he's still going on about the vets etc etc.

RRR3
11-29-2023, 11:34 PM

Maybe he's not the 30th worst, maybe 29th or 27th, I don't know. But he's definitely one of the worst coaches in the league. Several of his issues fall under the same problems that have been there since the 21-22 season (yes I know they won, there were still red flags then also). At least Ham changes things, Kerr right now is like a chatGPT robot that just follows the directions and doesn't deviate.

One issue he's always had is that this coach has learned under the two best coaches ever, played with MJ and Timmy and has ZERO feel for the game. The amount of times Steph, Klay, KD and some other player has been red hot and they got taken out because their game time is from x to z, then they come back into the game 6 game time minutes later and are cold is in the hundreds. I don't get how you have the basketball career you do and have that as an issue. I'm not even using a hyperbole, but I was actually disgusted when he took out Moody in the last game 5. And that he did it while keeping Klay was just insulting. He went 4/4, also scored 2/2 in other shots that didn't count like Klay giving an obvious illegal screen for example, scoring 11 points (60% of the points that quarter). The dude is just a f*cking clown. Gave an interview since he's been getting killed from the media, and he's still going on about the vets etc etc.
I'm not sure Kerr is bad in terms of actual coaching, he seems to come up with good stuff IMO, but he's always been a bitch, and that's definitely negatively impacting his coaching now. You know who else is really bad rn is Popovich, that guy is senile. Running a power forward at point guard despite all statistical evidence saying it's hurting Wemby and the team and somehow having a godawful defense with Wemby :facepalm The game has passed him by.

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2023, 11:37 PM

Hardy starts A Bum and thinks he's the best player on the team! :cry:

hold this L
12-09-2023, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure Kerr is bad in terms of actual coaching, he seems to come up with good stuff IMO, but he's always been a bitch, and that's definitely negatively impacting his coaching now. You know who else is really bad rn is Popovich, that guy is senile. Running a power forward at point guard despite all statistical evidence saying it's hurting Wemby and the team and somehow having a godawful defense with Wemby :facepalm The game has passed him by.
Kerr is absolutely atrocious in terms of actual coaching, he's been on a legendary garbage run this entire season. This team isn't winning anything or even competing this season, but a run of the mill mediocre coach would have 5 more wins this season alone already.

Also for Pop, the guy might just be tanking.

1987_Lakers
12-09-2023, 12:40 AM
Eh, the Kerr hate in this thread is a little too much. Yes, he made a mistake benching Moody a few games ago but tonight the game was on the players. 30 turnovers? lol

Axe
12-09-2023, 12:41 AM
Another ot against the thunder where the dubs also lost. :eek:

GimmeThat
12-09-2023, 12:52 AM
self doubt is something the Warriors have come out of before

SATAN
12-09-2023, 12:57 AM
Kerr is absolutely atrocious in terms of actual coaching, he's been on a legendary garbage run this entire season. This team isn't winning anything or even competing this season, but a run of the mill mediocre coach would have 5 more wins this season alone already.

It's easy to just say something like that but Kerr is not actually a bad coach in comparison to many other coaches. None of them are gonna be perfect.

Axe
12-09-2023, 01:14 AM
Whether it's really his fault or not, kerr's legacy as one of the greatest coaches the league has ever seen is already cemented more or less. He was the missing piece in the bringing of a new dynasty and his ultimate hiring spearheaded the impeccable. The sad thing about it is this isn't the second half of the 2010s anymore. Now things have surely changed but hey, turn your calendar back to last year and you'll realize that the last time they've won a title isn't a long time ago.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 02:43 AM
It's easy to just say something like that but Kerr is not actually a bad coach in comparison to many other coaches. None of them are gonna be perfect.
I have explained in detail his horrific coaching this season in this thread. No coach is perfect. Kerr has been overall one of the better coaches in the league in the last decade (won 4 rings, obvious statement). But this season, he's on a legendary run of incompetence of which I have rarely ever seen in the league.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 02:46 AM
Eh, the Kerr hate in this thread is a little too much. Yes, he made a mistake benching Moody a few games ago but tonight the game was on the players. 30 turnovers? lol
This is due to his style. The guys and lineups he plays cannot play the style Kerr wants. Kerr's system involves a mix of IQ, speed, athleticism. OG Warriors were always moving. Now he has a 35 year old on 34MPG, a shitty 33 year old on the second highest minutes, and another 33 and 38 year old in the top 5 of minutes played. Several games where the team is getting cooked in the fourth quarter because they're too tired. In the OKC OT (first one) and the few minutes before where their coach made several changes while the Warriors kept the super old team playing every single second with zero adjustments. Got completely ran out of the gym.

They could get away before because they could play the high risk, high reward system by being to catch up quickly. Now it's just showing that Kerr only knows how to coach one way. The same coach that failed to win anything with the US team just a few months ago. Absolutely pathetic. :lol

Whether it's really his fault or not, kerr's legacy as one of the greatest coaches the league has ever seen is already cemented more or less. He was the missing piece in the bringing of a new dynasty and his ultimate hiring spearheaded the impeccable. The sad thing about it is this isn't the second half of the 2010s anymore. Now things have surely changed but hey, turn your calendar back to last year and you'll realize that the last time they've won a title isn't a long time ago.
This is completely points and irrelevant, did you need to hit your 40 posts per day quota to add this? The point of this topic isn't a hit piece on Kerr's overall managerial career. It's the terrorism coaching he's been doing recently.

GimmeThat
12-09-2023, 02:54 AM
I have explained in detail his horrific coaching this season in this thread. No coach is perfect. Kerr has been overall one of the better coaches in the league in the last decade (won 4 rings, obvious statement). But this season, he's on a legendary run of incompetence of which I have rarely ever seen in the league.

Kerr is going to play the death-line up for as long as they can be professional about their job. because no one said labor work is the issue.

Axe
12-09-2023, 02:55 AM
This is completely points and irrelevant, did you need to hit your 40 posts per day quota to add this?
Lame. :sleeping

The point of this topic isn't a hit piece on Kerr's overall managerial career. It's the terrorism coaching he's been doing recently.
So what's the first thing you could suggest that he should immediately do then, that would likely fix their current problem? Bench klay, the donkey or both of them? Put cp3 as the starting pg and move chef to the sg position?

hold this L
12-09-2023, 03:03 AM
Kerr is going to play the death-line up for as long as they can be professional about their job. because no one said labor work is the issue.
He's not even doing the death lineup, he's had this weird obsession for 3-4 guards starting for 2 years now.

Lame. :sleeping

So what's the first thing you could suggest that he should immediately do then, that would likely fix their current problem? Bench klay, the donkey or both of them? Put cp3 as the starting pg and move chef to the sg position?
Bench Klay for Moody, cut Klay's minutes in half, lower Wiggins minutes and share with JK. Stop playing 3-4 guards at once, stop playing players based on favoritism. CP3 should be play when Steph doesn't play, I think Steph playing exclusively SG hurts the team. There was one game 1-2 weeks back where he was in good form and then didn't touch the ball for 6-7 possessions in the 4th because CP3 was trying it out with every other then starter.

SATAN
12-09-2023, 03:07 AM

Not trolling or being an asshole here, do you think the Warriors are capable of reaching the finals if Kerr coaches better?

Axe
12-09-2023, 03:14 AM
He's not even doing the death lineup, he's had this weird obsession for 3-4 guards starting for 2 years now.

Bench Klay for Moody, cut Klay's minutes in half, lower Wiggins minutes and share with JK. Stop playing 3-4 guards at once, stop playing players based on favoritism. CP3 should be play when Steph doesn't play, I think Steph playing exclusively SG hurts the team. There was one game 1-2 weeks back where he was in good form and then didn't touch the ball for 6-7 possessions in the 4th because CP3 was trying it out with every other then starter.
Fair enough, i guess. But what happens to guys who play in the taller positions? Guys like looney or green. They still retain whatever they're doing atm? I'm guessing size is also a problem.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Not trolling or being an asshole here, do you think the Warriors are capable of reaching the finals if Kerr coaches better?

No, the team isn't good enough. I just think they are better than their record shows.

paksat
12-09-2023, 07:43 AM
am enjoying

anyone looks like a top tier coach when you got duncan, kawhi, curry, klay, dray etc. etc.

poppovich is just an average nobody, kerr is below average at best.

8Ball
12-09-2023, 09:59 AM

You think this was what it would have taken to get 5 more wins this season?

I doubt it.

Shuffling chairs.

8Ball
12-09-2023, 10:00 AM
am enjoying

anyone looks like a top tier coach when you got duncan, kawhi, curry, klay, dray etc. etc.

I love seeing Pop losing every single day.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 11:30 AM
You think this was what it would have taken to get 5 more wins this season?

I doubt it.

Shuffling chairs.

He's not playing the best lineups or seeing how they grow. For example vs Blazers even though they won, the blazers missed some started and put out a very young and small team. What does Kerr do, go big. They get absolutely cooked and are about to lose the entire game until towards the end of the 3rd throws JK out for the hell of it and Steph not allowing them to lose and they come back. The fact that it took him 75% of the game to reach a conclusion that a f*cking amateur would realize is alarming. Overall a lineup of starters + Moody - Klay has been exceptional this season and would be something the team can try out over weeks to see if it works, Kerr never plays it because Klay's feelings are important. Klay has also played really well vs bench teams, but Kerr is more worried about ensuring his guy gets his.

I can't list every issue I have with Kerr because it would take me 2 hours to write it all. The Blazers example is just specific to games where you see it almost every single game. Aspects like his atrocious rotations and nepotism are other aspect that are a cancer in this team for every single game.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 11:32 AM
am enjoying

The funny thing is that Kerr has gotten hurt and missed games during two specific moments.

The legendary 73-9 season where he missed much of the regular season. And the 16-1 postseason where he came back in the last 2-3 games like that kid that gets an A in the group project for doing nothing :lol

tontoz
12-09-2023, 11:39 AM
28 turnovers last night is just ridiculous, especially for a veteran team.

tpols
12-09-2023, 12:17 PM
It feels like every time I pull up the scoreboard, the Warriors lost by 1 possession. These guys have been choke artists this year.

And what's up with their defense? Giving up 140 points... shit is trash. How can you give up that many points? That means you're playing super soft. I know it will take away from offensive energy capacity but they need to start running a full court press or something... make teams work for every dribble up the court. Take some fouls that hurt but aren't flagrant... like swipe at the ball but come down as heavy as you can on guys forearms to batter them up so their shot going forward is off. Defense is so pathetic nowadays.

hold this L
12-09-2023, 12:37 PM
It feels like every time I pull up the scoreboard, the Warriors lost by 1 possession. These guys have been choke artists this year.

And what's up with their defense? Giving up 140 points... shit is trash. How can you give up that many points? That means you're playing super soft. I know it will take away from offensive energy capacity but they need to start running a full court press or something... make teams work for every dribble up the court. Take some fouls that hurt but aren't flagrant... like swipe at the ball but come down as heavy as you can on guys forearms to batter them up so their shot going forward is off. Defense is so pathetic nowadays.

Steph regressed defensively this season and Klay is absolutely garbage defensively. That's the two highest MPG players on the team right now. Add his infatuation with 3-4 guards, lack of rim protection (looney looks fat and slow), poor defensive lineups (Saric cannot play the 5 without Dray unless you just need offense), and you get into this calamity. Overall defensive structure has fallen completely apart since MB left, and I have no idea who has replaced him and what they've been doing for two straight seasons.

The defense with Steph and Klay on the court: 122
The defense with Steph and Klay off the court: 102

Kerr's mastermind plan, those two are my leading MPG players in the team. It obviously works!

Xiao Yao You
12-09-2023, 06:36 PM

sounds like a team that isn't that far off than if it's coming down to one posession

Jasper
12-09-2023, 07:30 PM
I don't think I've ever had a bigger turnaround negative opinion on a coach as I have on Steve throughout the career. First I want to acknowledge that even with a better coach, this team isn't winning sh*t as presently constructed. So the conversation is less about that, but moreso about Kerr's garbage tier coaching this season and much of last. By far one of the worst coaches in the entire league this season, and slightly less terrible last season.

- The entire organization in general is bleeding with nepotism at embarrassing levels. Lightyears has two of his sons working for GSW, one of which my suspicion has that job because they removed West from the team. Afterwards outside of Looney, Warriors has fluffed every single draft pick. They went from a top 3 drafting team to bottom 5. Kerr has his son Nick Kerr now work with the G League. All of these you look the other way even if it's annoying. What is unbelievably unbearable is the nepotism that this organization and Kerr show with players they've had for a while, Dray and in particular, the space cadet himself, Klay.
- I complained last season that Steve had lost the locker room last season. He would take out guys all the time for making mistakes, which is fair. Then two seconds later he would see Klay give up on plays, chuck impossible shots and act like he can't see for the foreseeable future. Now imagine being a young guy who makes mistakes, getting benched or pulled for silly mistakes and then seeing your senior doing the same thing at a higher level with impunity. Noone is going to respect a coach's words when he is that much of a hypocrite.
- The 3 guard disasterclass. This man does not listen. Has put out this atrocious defensive nightmare of a system in 22, 23 and now the new season. Outside of a few selective situations, it's a defensive nightmare. Now with Klay, CP and Steph, it's open season defensively. Still does it. The lineups of Poole, Klay, Steph and Poole, Klay, DD, and Steph, DD, Klay were all wacky last season. So what does he do? CP, Steph and Klay.
- How to fit Klay in? Well lets let the old ass 35 year old superstar be a POA defender for the first in his life so we can allow Klay to defend.. well he can't defend anybody because he is a GARBAGE level defender now, so you put him on the worst offensive 3 or 4 in lineups and have.. everyone else fit to make Klay work. You're going to strain and break down the only thing that can keep you relevant for what? So Klay can be. That's more important everybody. This is the same jackass that put Klay in the starting lineup after missing over 2 1/2 seasons because he doesn't have tough conversations. Apparently these are not part of the job description.
- Why is CP3 playing so much? If the goal is to actually win a chip, then playing a near 40 year old this much who has a long history injury might not be a bad idea. Also how does it make ANY sense that your power forward who can play center gets injured, and you put out a little midget in the court as his replacement? Why? Because Kerr doesn't want to have difficult decisions.
- Why is Moody not playing at all? Because Kerr says he deserves more playing time, but Klay also needs to play as much as possible to get to his "old level". :facepalm
- Rotations, lineups are all over the place. Defensive assignments, all over the place. Guys not knowing when to make guys go left, when go under a screen, when to switch, etc etc. Since MB left, the defense has been in complete shambles when it comes to being an organized unit. Klay as usual, is a muppet that consistently gives up on plays and doesn't even bother, but this is a team wide issue. He's just more glaring about it.
- An example was the OKC Warriors game. This old ass team played Steph, CP and Klay all of the last 5 minutes, and the same team in OT. The young athletic team had 5-6 lineup changes in that time and was super fresh in OT. Where the fock are the adjustments Steve? Then you have the scenario of them not fouling and paying for it. If this was an isolated incident fine, but we have seen Kerr do this throughout his entire career.

This clown of a coach is just a walking, hypocritical contradiction of himself. Clearly too emotionally dumb to see that Klay is not a main core player to a championship team. But unless they trade Klay for something useful, nothing is going to change because the coach is too far invested in his player to make rational decisions.

It makes sense that as the dynasty ends, Steve Kerr simultaneously loses his brain cells and becomes an idiot. Not even talk too much about his record without Steph in the team which would get hired at McDonalds.
I have mentioned for all most 2 years now .. they need a legit

center.

//

hold this L
01-05-2024, 02:06 AM
Kerr: "kept the team that was rolling"

Except they weren't, Klay wasn't part of that. Kuminga was who... was benched the entire 4th. 18 point meltdown on the way. The worst feel as a coach in the game.

Two days after he has a talk with Klay that he is on the end of his career, then plays him the most minutes. This imbecile can't even keep up his words with his actions. :facepalm

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:43 AM

Except they weren't, Klay wasn't part of that. Kuminga was who... was benched the entire 4th. 18 point meltdown on the way. The worst feel as a coach in the game.

Two days after he has a talk with Klay that he is on the end of his career, then plays him the most minutes. This imbecile can't even keep up his words with his actions. :facepalm

Chill bro. It’s low key over. Giving kuminga and moody more minutes isn’t gonna get us a fifth chip. Let’s have some class and age out gracefully.

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 03:30 AM
+/- Per 100 Poss.
OnCourt On-Off

Stephen Curry -2.7 -9.7
Klay Thompson -1.3 -5.0
Andrew Wiggins -5.9 -12.6
Draymond Green -6.3 -9.1

paksat
01-05-2024, 07:04 AM

ofc kerr gotta start barking at jokic who might as well be the alien from predator, yah yap at that guy great idea.

Axe
01-05-2024, 09:13 AM

ofc kerr gotta start barking at jokic who might as well be the alien from predator, yah yap at that guy great idea.
Ultimately, it had to backfire on him lol.

hold this L
01-05-2024, 10:51 AM
Chill bro. It’s low key over. Giving kuminga and moody more minutes isn’t gonna get us a fifth chip. Let’s have some class and age out gracefully.

This was obvious last season, I find it disgraceful that they're allowing Klay and and Kerr to be the prime dumb & dumber duo for their own selfish ego. I'd much rather burn it all down and get them out of the team.

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 11:08 AM
This was obvious last season, I find it disgraceful that they're allowing Klay and and Kerr to be the prime dumb & dumber duo for their own selfish ego. I'd much rather burn it all down and get them out of the team.

or the fact that Chris Paul is posting a 35.2% ast, 12.5% to, yet no one is willing to set screens for him

bison
01-05-2024, 02:10 PM
Kuminga doesn’t believe Kerr “will allow him to reach his full potential,” per @ShamsCharania

“Sometimes, I come out the game not knowing what I did. And that messes with my head. It’s like, ‘What they want me to do?’ I can pass and I can do different sh*t.”

- Jonathan Kuminga

https://i.ibb.co/t87jwPq/IMG-1135.jpg

Looks like Kerr has officially lost Kum Buckets

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Kuminga doesn’t believe Kerr “will allow him to reach his full potential,” per @ShamsCharania

Clarkson can be traded tomorrow get it done Dunleavy!

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 02:52 PM

Curry/Thompson/Green wants Kuminga to look for leaks and play defense from behind instead of staying in front of his man, they think shot blocking is all mental, and has nothing to do with verticality

hold this L
01-05-2024, 03:21 PM
Curry/Thompson/Green wants Kuminga to look for leaks and play defense from behind instead of staying in front of his man, they think shot blocking is all mental, and has nothing to do with verticality

Neither Steph or Klay have been playing defense this season, yet this dumbass coach has them as the two guys with the highest MPG (Steph should be, but not Klay).

also

Moses Moody’s camp is frustrated with his role in Golden State, per @JDumasReports

“The people around Moses are frustrated with the lack of a role and consistency.”

(Via @957thegame)
Another disasterclass from the worst coach in the league :bowdown:

RRR3
01-05-2024, 03:48 PM
Neither Steph or Klay have been playing defense this season, yet this dumbass coach has them as the two guys with the highest MPG (Steph should be, but not Klay).

also

Steph is like 35 expecting him to carry a bunch of bums on offense and play good defense is asking quite a lot. Kerr has been bad but I don’t think he’s truly that bad of a coach tactically he’s just in love with Klay. And he can’t be the worst coach as long as Popovich and Ham are around.

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 04:30 PM

also

but this means the longer people stay together, the worse off they become

Proctor
01-05-2024, 05:16 PM
Man, any team that could make a play for Moody and Kuminga in a package would be in for a heist.

What a sad turn of events.

RRR3
01-05-2024, 05:24 PM
Man, any team that could make a play for Moody and Kuminga in a package would be in for a heist.

What a sad turn of events.
Idk. Poop would play Kuminga at point guard.

Proctor
01-05-2024, 05:28 PM
Idk. Poop would play Kuminga at point guard.
Your nicknames for the coaches are something to behold :coleman:

RRR3
01-05-2024, 05:29 PM
Your nicknames for the coaches are something to behold :coleman:
That’s not my nickname bro tons of Spurs fans call him that :facepalm do you even go on team forums? :coleman:

Proctor
01-05-2024, 05:37 PM
That’s not my nickname bro tons of Spurs fans call him that :facepalm do you even go on team forums? :coleman:
Uhhh no.

And okay, but you still call the Lakers coach "Hambone"...

:whatever:

hold this L
01-05-2024, 06:22 PM
Steph is like 35 expecting him to carry a bunch of bums on offense and play good defense is asking quite a lot. Kerr has been bad but I don’t think he’s truly that bad of a coach tactically he’s just in love with Klay. And he can’t be the worst coach as long as Popovich and Ham are around.
Steph has fallen off defensively and is playing more ugly iso ball this season. You can't have guys like him and Klay play together for a long time. Maybe we can get into arguments on whose worse, but either way the point is he's been one of the worst coaches in the league.

but this means the longer people stay together, the worse off they become
Over time, absolutely. Kerr doesn't care though, he's clearly willing go sink with the ship as long as he goes with his guys.

beasted
01-05-2024, 06:57 PM

Makes sense.

Kuminga has drawn 11 straight starts, averaging 14.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 25.5 minutes during that stretch. Why the heck isn't he playing him more than 26 minutes a game?

Axe
01-05-2024, 06:58 PM
Makes sense.

Kuminga has drawn 11 straight starts, averaging 14.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 25.5 minutes during that stretch. Why the heck isn't he playing him more than 26 minutes a game?
Haven't you heard? Kerr is in love with klay, dummy.

BarberSchool
01-06-2024, 12:23 AM
Imagine how many organizations are gonna try to snap up Kuminga .....

I still don't have a read on his true ceiling, since his is so inexpressive and stoic, and the language barrier, make it difficult to assess his intelligence and internal factors....

... but physically, he's the perfect athletic specimen to try to build into a longer/faster hybrid of the attributes of Kawhi/Jamison/Vince/PG/Mcgrady/Pippen.

Proctor
01-07-2024, 10:33 PM
The Raptors are eviscerating the Warriors...holy shit. 76-49 at half and doesn't even feel that close.

And no surprise, Warriors offense has nothing going and Moody lit a small spark and got sat.

hold this L
02-15-2024, 02:30 AM
Just some updates on Kerr being the biggest idiot coach in the league based off the last few games
- 2nd last game they lost. Put out a 4 guard + Draymond lineup all of OT vs the Hawks, one being a Gleaguer 15th man on the team. Got out rebounded 8 by 1, and lost easily.
- Last loss vs the Clippers, atrocious 4th quarter lineup and allowed Klay despite playing crap to play large minutes until the 10 point lead went in the bin. Puts him at the end of the game even though he was killing the team in the 4th after making two shots, and he fouls with 40 seconds left being down 3 points. :facepalm
- Says Wiggins JK can't play together for the longest time based on some disjointed minutes from 5-6 games where their +/- was terrible. Ends up being the most lineup with Steph, Podz, Dray in the last 2 weeks and a primary reason the team starts a winning run. HALFWAY INTO THE ****ING SEASON.

https://gifdb.com/images/high/rachel-green-angry-what-an-idiot-v7z1n2q6psok5lop.webp

Axe
02-15-2024, 02:33 AM
Oof winning streak snapped. :eek:

NBAGOAT
02-15-2024, 07:27 AM
free moody pls. he's starting on some bad teams and definitely deserves more minutes

hold this L
02-15-2024, 11:02 AM
free moody pls. he's starting on some bad teams and definitely deserves more minutes
With CP3 and GPII coming back, Kerr will send him in the shadow realm.

Taurus
02-16-2024, 03:12 AM
I'll always respect Steve Kerr for what he's done for the Warriors, but he is having a disastrous season

Axe
02-16-2024, 04:05 AM
I'll always respect Steve Kerr for what he's done for the Warriors, but he is having a disastrous season
He gets some blame for not maximizing the young guns (by refusing to give them more minutes each game) but it's also not his fault that the core is getting old rn.

hold this L
02-24-2024, 11:32 AM
Warriors now on a huge run after Kerr making changes to the team that people have been asking literally for months. Defense is looking much better with Wiggins coming back to form as a duo with Draymond though. Them, JK and Steph make a strong core four.

Podz has been far and away the most impressive aspect of this season. He makes a lot of winning plays and leads the league in charges I believe.

hold this L
02-24-2024, 11:33 AM
He gets some blame for not maximizing the young guns (by refusing to give them more minutes each game) but it's also not his fault that the core is getting old rn.
It's absolutely his fault for overplaying them. The oldest 4 guys are average 4 of the highest 5 MPG in the team, which is absolutely retarded. It also explains why in the first half of the season their ability to close in the 4th was that of the Spurs, one of the worst teams in the league. Old guys were getting outrun, beat on athleticism and energy.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2024, 11:41 AM
and now the highest payed coach

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 02:12 PM
Warriors now on a huge run after Kerr making changes to the team that people have been asking literally for months. Defense is looking much better with Wiggins coming back to form as a duo with Draymond though. Them, JK and Steph make a strong core four.

Podz has been far and away the most impressive aspect of this season. He makes a lot of winning plays and leads the league in charges I believe.
I can see them finishing in the top 6 now.
I think the top 10 spots in the west are a given now.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2024, 02:24 PM

probably. Houston has a chance. Jazz tanking

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 10:06 PM
probably. Houston has a chance. Jazz tanking
Rockets are like 7 games under .500 and young. They're done.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2024, 10:07 PM

probably. 4 1/2 out. Have a chance.

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 10:15 PM
probably. 4 1/2 out. Have a chance.
I'm here in Houston. They're done. They had a good start to the season tho.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2024, 10:20 PM
https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

9th easiest schedule. GS is easier. Lakers 6th toughest.

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 10:39 PM
https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

9th easiest schedule. GS is easier. Lakers 6th toughest.

They have about 30 or so games left. If they go 20 and 10, that's 45 games won. If they go 15 and 15 they still finish under .500 and 40 and 42.
I just looked at their schedule, they probably win between 11-14 games.

SATAN
02-24-2024, 11:39 PM
Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors have agreed to a two-year, $35 million contract extension.

Kerr's deal makes him the highest paid coach in NBA history in terms of annual average at $17.5 million per year.

hold this L
02-25-2024, 03:01 PM

If they're healthy now that Kerr has cut out half of the moronic things he was doing, it's definitely possible. Even a mediocre scrub would have them 5-6th right now though, it's a shame Kerr went full retard for the first 40 games of the season tanking the season game after game. :facepalm

I'm afraid we'll be back to micro-ball once CP's back, but maybe he's learned something that many people could see within the first week of the season. Just maybe.

Axe
02-25-2024, 03:43 PM
The warriors are so scared of becoming irrelevant these days lmao. If they win a ring come playoff time, it will obviously be rigged.

tpols
02-25-2024, 03:51 PM
I can't believe how Scrappy and good that podz kid is. If he was on the street you'd have no idea he was a pro baller at this level.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 05:45 PM
I can't believe how Scrappy and good that podz kid is. If he was on the street you'd have no idea he was a pro baller at this level.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_G_H-1X5mp4/maxresdefault.jpg

hold this L
02-25-2024, 06:42 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_G_H-1X5mp4/maxresdefault.jpg

hold this L
03-10-2024, 02:22 AM
0-4 without Steph this season. Just got their ass kicked by one of the worst teams in the league missing their two best players at home. :facepalm

Kerr's coaching career would be the equivalent of his GM career without Curry. Instead he's known as a top 15 all time coach. Basic fundamental offense setting up easy and easy open looks tonight.

hold this L
03-25-2024, 10:13 AM
Kerr specials along the way

- Has the shortest team in the league. Regularly removes players to play 3 or 4 guard lineups making them even smaller.
- Puts Klay on the bench and then proceeds to give him starter minutes and close (played the most minutes last night despite being trash)
- Has put out roughly 50% more lineups on the court than any team at the top. Definition of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. What makes this even funnier is that he's mostly been doing this the last 2 months. The first half of the season where everybody tries to figure out what works, he was regularly putting out Wiggins and Klay full minutes with impunity despite Wiggins being the worst player in the league and Klay one of the worst. Now he is scrambling like a complete amateur when most coaches have already done their experimenting and are allowing their main core get reps and build chemistry.
- Does anyone know the best lineup for the Warriors? Who should start, close, who should be part of rotation? Anything conclusive at all 80% into the season?

But hey, what do you get when you coach like absolute trash? Well a 2 year extension obviously. Does it make any sense? No, but this entire organization has been riding Curry's and Jerry West's coattails since Lacob fired him so one of his incompetent sons can have a relevant job.

https://media.tenor.com/3Heq5JQsEcEAAAAj/eyes-closed-mark.gif

SATAN
03-25-2024, 10:20 AM
What's your take on Klay right now?

bison
03-25-2024, 10:29 AM

:lebronamazed:

L.Kizzle
03-25-2024, 11:05 AM
:lebronamazed:

Let's be real, no one pictured them winning 10 of their last 11 games. They're the hottest team in the league right now.

hold this L
03-25-2024, 02:37 PM
What's your take on Klay right now?
The most entitled and egotistical player in the league that can't accept he was past it 3 seasons ago getting treated like he's Lebron or Steph by sad sack excuse of a coach, FO, and large mouth breathing Warrior group of stans. His issues could have been remedied a long time ago if Kerr had a spine and tried to coach instead of being so loyal to his guys.

I don't even think half the team buys in anymore because of the embarrassing level of favoritism that has followed these last few years.

Axe
03-25-2024, 04:00 PM
Let's be real, no one pictured them winning 10 of their last 11 games. They're the hottest team in the league right now.
Maybe that injury to sengun was actually some kind of miracle waiting to happen, idk.