PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has interest in Wemby dropped off sharply?

bison
12-06-2023, 11:14 PM
I'm guessing the main culprit is the Spurs being on a 14 game losing streak. But it's still odd we went from nightly Victorwatches to him not being discussed at all. And I don't mean ISH, I see a lack of Victor content on social media as well.

His averages thus far: 19.3 ppg/9.7 rpg/2.6 apg

Carbine
12-06-2023, 11:19 PM
He has a long ways to go. Which is scary because he's likely to be 20 & 10 as a teenager in his first year in the league and a decent chance at leading the league in BPG.

Winning is required for the hype to regain its pre season status.

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2023, 11:23 PM
I haven't watched him all year but he looked lost out there today. He made a few jaw dropping and ridiculous plays but he looked bad...

For those who watched tonight and all year, was this his worst game?

Ant and Naz were putting him in blenders tonight.

Xiao Yao You
12-06-2023, 11:30 PM
I haven't watched him all year but he looked lost out there today. He made a few jaw dropping and ridiculous plays but he looked bad...

For those who watched tonight and all year, was this his worst game?

Ant and Naz were putting him in blenders tonight.

he'll be learning form the best on the French team this summer

iamgine
12-06-2023, 11:32 PM
I'm guessing the main culprit is the Spurs being on a 14 game losing streak. But it's still odd we went from nightly Victorwatches to him not being discussed at all. And I don't mean ISH, I see a lack of Victor content on social media as well.

His averages thus far: 19.3 ppg/9.7 rpg/2.6 apg

The main culprit is he's not good...yet. Like Giannis in his early years.

Full Court
12-06-2023, 11:35 PM
He frankly hasn't been impressive. Low IQ and poor shooting. Of course, it's his first season, so he has plenty of time to work out his issues, but as of now he hasn't shown much other than potential.

Holmgren is the one who should have all the hype behind him. Dude's been balling.

elementally morale
12-06-2023, 11:38 PM
He doesn't have a role on the team and has very few touches. As a result he feels like he has to take shots as soon as he can, leading to some really bad selection. Added to that, he rushes his shots resulting in no arc whatsoever from 15 ft and closer. He would benefit from stricter coaching.

SATAN
12-06-2023, 11:58 PM
It's because the Spurs are ****ing terrible. Their plan for Wemby seems pointless while the other players aren't buying into it. Put Wemby on a decent team and it would be a lot different.

1987_Lakers
12-07-2023, 12:03 AM
Spurs are losing and he has a long way to go, with that said you can obviously see the potential.

Street Hunger
12-07-2023, 12:06 AM
The Spurs haven't won a game since November 2.

Baller234
12-07-2023, 12:18 AM
Lol it's December.

His team isn't good and he's only 19 years old.

Proctor
12-07-2023, 12:20 AM
Nobody wants to watch the garbage product the Spurs are putting out there this year. Nobody wants to watch a team deliberately trying to lose, no matter how good that rookie is.

Same shit as last year...a yawn of a season.

RRR3
12-07-2023, 12:23 AM
Nobody wants to watch the garbage product the Spurs are putting out there this year. Nobody wants to watch a team deliberately trying to lose, no matter how good that rookie is.

Same shit as last year...a yawn of a season.
Senile ass Pop puts him in horrible positions to succeed.

SaltyMeatballs
12-07-2023, 12:33 AM
Media did it to themselves by overhyping the **** out of him. He's still playing good but the attention has shifted over to Chet

Phoenix
12-07-2023, 08:45 AM
If the Spurs were even .500 the hype would still be there. They're at the bottom of the conference and he's not consistent( which you'd expect from 19 year old rookie). Other thing is its his defense that is more immediately impactful than his offense, and the casual fan doesn't give a fukk about defense. He should be first team All-D and a DPOY candidate this year. I haven't watched the Spurs in a few weeks but from what I was seeing, I almost got the impression some of his teammates were actively trying to exclude him from the offense. His ideal team would be one led by veterans, not littered with other young players also trying to make a name for themselves. They trying to get paid too and aren't in the league to promote 'Wemby future GOAT'.

Real Men Wear Green
12-07-2023, 08:51 AM
The team is bad and as mentioned his main impact is defensive. That's not going to keep everyone's attention but he's got perennial mvp candidate in his future.

Kblaze8855
12-07-2023, 09:14 AM
We stopped talking about every little thing Lebron did a month or so in as well. I remember it pretty clearly. He went from the biggest name in sports the first week To only getting like 100K more all star votes than Kenyon Martin. You still talk about the big matchups but it can’t keep being nightly updates. You better be Blake Griffin spectacular if you want that without winning.

Axe
12-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed. Holmgren, otoh, is already flourishing on his team. But the thunder have laid a new good foundation since more or less, so it's safe to assume that they're levels above the spurs rn.

Wally450
12-07-2023, 10:33 AM
He's not playing against guys in the Euro League and French League anymore. These are the best players in the world in the NBA.

ILLsmak
12-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Team has no chance of playoffs, prol tanking, the idea is get him out there and let him do his thing + not, under any circumstance, put himself in a position to be hurt. I think he's doing about what we expected.

The one thing I can tell by his rhythm and such and how sets himself up for it... he's gonna be a decent 3 point shooter once he gets into it. That's prol the one thing missing. He's a monster FT shooter for a big.

Edit: stop acting like Holmz ain't older.

-Smak