PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Poole?

tontoz
12-09-2023, 05:15 PM
I hated the trade but i didn't expect him to be this bad. Here are some posts from a Wizards board (none of these were mine btw):

In the 584 minutes that Poole has played, the Wizards are being outscored by 18.6 points per 100 possessions :eek1:

In the 425 minutes that Poole has sat, the Wizards are OUTPLAYING the competition by 4.4 points per 100 possessions. :lol:

What's even more horrific is that he is supposed to be an offensive player. We knew his defense was going to be bad but his offense was supposed to be helpful. Instead, his offensive metrics are historically awful.

He is 22nd worst in the league on TS% on high usage.

He ranks 10th worst in the league in "TS% added", which combines TS% and usage. He has cost the team a total of 40 points just by missing shots that a person with a league average TS% would make. Here, his FT rate helps him a bit. If you look just at eFG% added, he ranks 6th worst in the league.

He is 14th worst in the league in turnovers per minute.

He is 11st worst in the league in rebound percentage on a team that has no good rebounders to suck up available rebounds. (A bad ranking here could be forgiven if you played alongside Jokic, Gobert or Capela, but Poole has no excuse.)

After 20 games, Jordan Poole is worst in the league in on/off differential by a country mile (if you ignore two Denver Nugget low-minute garbage-time players who have the misfortune of only being "on" only when Jokic is "off")

He is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. He doesn't even try. The next screen he fights through will be his first.

It's impossible for him to ever make up on offense what he gives up on defense.

What a disastrous performance by Poole this season. A ORtg of 94 and DRrg of 122 has to be historically awful for a player earning his share of the team’s cap.

lol this guy is like a classic wizards player, throwback to the BALTCHE Swaggy P Jordan "Crawfish" Crawford era

Anyone remember the offseason when people were wondering if Poole would get 25-30 points a game? Ah, the offseason, when reality takes a break.

Now we are hoping he can some day turn into Collin Sexton.

FireDavidKahn
12-09-2023, 05:24 PM
Draymond helped make this dude look competent:roll:

NBAGOAT
12-10-2023, 12:46 AM
Fighting with giddey for being one of the worst starters in the league. He’s singlehandedly the reason okc isn’t the best team in the league right now.

Okc is 11 points better on offense 9.5 pts better on defense with him off the court :lol