Xiao Yao You
12-11-2023, 08:54 PM
even sadder than a division banner

1987_Lakers
12-11-2023, 08:54 PM
We did it boys!

RRR3
12-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Silver 100% bullied them into this. He is obsessed with his terrible ideas.

8Ball
12-11-2023, 09:07 PM
LeBron and AD were able to bring 2 banners to the Lakers.

We want rings with it too.

Da_Realist
12-11-2023, 09:24 PM
Corny

sdot_thadon
12-11-2023, 10:25 PM
This is the gift that just keeps on giving lol.

bison
12-11-2023, 11:46 PM
We finally top bostons banner count. LFG!! :rockon:

Axe
12-12-2023, 12:06 AM
Great win but still feeling pretty meh about it overall.

However, it was enough to cause meltdowns on the hating fools so it's amusing too at least.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
12-12-2023, 12:08 AM
Their really going to hang up that banner? IST is great for the NBA but common, its nowhere new a chip. Silver is trying to shove it in everyones throats.

Players like Steph were out with injuries. Any star player can miss a game or two and not make it to the qualifying rounds of the IST, thus getting knocked out. You will have 4-8 seed teams in their conferences playing in the final game of the IST. Honestly the 4 teams making the playoffs conference finals is even more of a accomplishment and there is no banners hanged?.

Da_Realist
12-12-2023, 01:06 AM
Even the great LA Lakers are hanging banners for regular season wins against mediocre opponents. :facepalm Cleveland I can see. Maybe Milwaukee. LA Clippers, possibly. But the Los Angeles Lakers, winners of umptenth *real* titles? Home of Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Kobe and Shaq? I thought they and Boston would be the last ones raising a banner for this.

SATAN
12-12-2023, 01:28 AM
This guy is STILL crying about the IST :roll:

SATAN
12-12-2023, 01:30 AM
Their really going to hang up that banner? IST is great for the NBA but common, its nowhere new a chip. Silver is trying to shove it in everyones throats.

Players like Steph were out with injuries. Any star player can miss a game or two and not make it to the qualifying rounds of the IST, thus getting knocked out. You will have 4-8 seed teams in their conferences playing in the final game of the IST. Honestly the 4 teams making the playoffs conference finals is even more of a accomplishment and there is no banners hanged?.

I think it would be ok if the winning team hoists it up until the next team wins and so on.

1987_Lakers
12-12-2023, 01:34 AM
I'm more interested in how this IST will be looked at 20 years from now. Will it be more popular and will fans/teams hold it to a higher regard? I'm pretty sure nobody gave a shit about the FMVP when it was introduced.

When the Dolphins went undefeated in 1972 it wasn't even a big deal back then to the players and some fans, now it's a big deal and the players from that team just ran with it.

Bawkish
12-12-2023, 01:41 AM
I'm more interested in how this IST will be looked at 20 years from now. Will it be more popular and will fans/teams hold it to a higher regard? I'm pretty sure nobody gave a shit about the FMVP when it was introduced.

When the Dolphins went undefeated in 1972 it wasn't even a big deal back then to the players and some fans, now it's a big deal and the players from that team just ran with it.

They'll remember this like a pre-season all-star weekend

It's all entertainment, but no gravitas

1987_Lakers
12-12-2023, 01:43 AM
Fun fact, the undefeated '72 Dolphins were actually Vegas underdogs in the super bowl. :lol

ELITEpower23
12-12-2023, 01:59 AM
Great win but still feeling pretty meh about it overall.

However, it was enough to cause meltdowns on the hating fools so it's amusing too at least.

7-0 slick. Didn't lose a single game.

8Ball
12-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Even the great LA Lakers are hanging banners for regular season wins against mediocre opponents. :facepalm Cleveland I can see. Maybe Milwaukee. LA Clippers, possibly. But the Los Angeles Lakers, winners of umptenth *real* titles? Home of Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Kobe and Shaq? I thought they and Boston would be the last ones raising a banner for this.

Jordan tards are melting down so hard. Eat shit. :roll:

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/LeBron-James-Lakers.jpg

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
12-12-2023, 02:33 PM
My second thought I'm for it. Like what Lebron said, who can say they were the first to win the IST but the Lakers. They NBA also need LA to put up that IST banner if they want it to be successful.

bison
12-12-2023, 02:51 PM
Obviously it helps the NBA for the Lakers to validate the NBA Cup by hanging a banner. If they Lakers refused to do it, and another team like the Orlando Magic win it next, then it will look bad on them to hang a banner because it implies the Lakers are too good for a banner and Orlando is not. If the NBA wants the teams to continue to take it seriously then it has to be validated across the board.

Also old heads will complain just to complain. The tournament may not last but it's not like it's interfering or impacting the regular season format in anyway, except that its gotten teams to play harder, for November/December games which is a W for basketball fans. In other words, at it's worst, the NBA cup is merely 'harmless fun'

meat
12-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Question for Laker fans. Would you buy a IST Championship shirt or hat?

8Ball
12-12-2023, 05:03 PM
Obviously it helps the NBA for the Lakers to validate the NBA Cup by hanging a banner. If they Lakers refused to do it, and another team like the Orlando Magic win it next, then it will look bad on them to hang a banner because it implies the Lakers are too good for a banner and Orlando is not. If the NBA wants the teams to continue to take it seriously then it has to be validated across the board.

Also old heads will complain just to complain. The tournament may not last but it's not like it's interfering or impacting the regular season format in anyway, except that its gotten teams to play harder, for November/December games which is a W for basketball fans. In other words, at it's worst, the NBA cup is merely 'harmless fun'

+1

People whined about NBA players and fans aren't taking the regular season seriously before the all star break.

So NBA did IST to boost regular season game importance.

Now haters are whining that these games don't matter.

StrongLurk
12-12-2023, 08:48 PM
Holy shit that is lame AF

kawhileonard2
12-12-2023, 09:20 PM

Maybe if the games were all in a row then it would mean something. When it is this day it is tournament game and the next two are regular games and then next is tournament, etc how can anyone take seriously.

kawhileonard2
12-12-2023, 09:22 PM
Jordan tards are melting down so hard. Eat shit. :roll:

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/LeBron-James-Lakers.jpg

This is like Purdue celebrating Maui Invitational while losing in NCAAB tourney.

r15mohd
12-12-2023, 10:28 PM
Silver 100% bullied them into this. He is obsessed with his terrible ideas.

this was Stern's idea (from the mid-2000s) passed onto Silver

RRR3
12-12-2023, 10:30 PM
this was Stern's idea (from the mid-2000s) passed onto Silver
Stern was a corrupt dickbag but damn Silver annoys me more in some ways. Stern is worse overall because of what a piece of shit he was to the players but I think Silver is worse for the actual on court product. Also I think Silver isn't much less of a dick than Stern, he's just more emotionally intelligent and calculating. Stern was kind of a cranky old man who let his emotions get the best of him.

Real Men Wear Green
12-12-2023, 10:59 PM
Dallas should hang a banner to commemorate beating a team that is hanging a banner.

kawhileonard2
12-12-2023, 11:01 PM
Dallas should hang a banner to commemorate beating a team that is hanging a banner.

The fact that the tourney was one day a game is played and the next is a regular game and then another is a tournament and then another a regular makes it gimmicy. Lakers lost by 44 and 23 during that time but those don't count. If the tourney was real then the brackets shouldn't just be random but rather based on seedings from season before perhaps.

Real Men Wear Green
12-12-2023, 11:08 PM
The fact that the tourney was one day a game is played and the next is a regular game and then another is a tournament and then another a regular makes it gimmicy. Lakers lost by 44 and 23 during that time but those don't count. If the tourney was real then the brackets shouldn't just be random but rather based on seedings from season before perhaps.

The tournament made the NBA money and got attention. It worked. Get over it. And I am especially irritated that your whiny garbage has me defending James and the Lakers. Shut up.

highwhey
12-12-2023, 11:16 PM
i mean, the nba had to rig it for the lakers, i wouldn't celebrate an obvious rig job

SATAN
12-12-2023, 11:18 PM
The tournament made the NBA money and got attention. It worked. Get over it. And I am especially irritated that your whiny garbage has me defending James and the Lakers. Shut up.

Why don't you ban him? I dare ya. :rockon:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
12-13-2023, 01:34 AM
Question for Laker fans. Would you buy a IST Championship shirt or hat?

If I was a jersey/basketball clothes collector why not. NBA's first time go around with this IST and Lakers were the first ones to win it. It might stay for another year or two, or five, or ten but like Lebron said, "It's the first ever and Lakers were the one to win it". Next year it might be the Magic or Pelicans getting the IST chip.

Basketball fans get to watch playoff like atmosphere in Nov/Dec thats the best part for us. If Lakers dont win it the next few years then eh don't matter. Already won the first one.

k 96
12-13-2023, 02:32 PM
If I was a jersey/basketball clothes collector why not. NBA's first time go around with this IST and Lakers were the first ones to win it. It might stay for another year or two, or five, or ten but like Lebron said, "It's the first ever and Lakers were the one to win it". Next year it might be the Magic or Pelicans getting the IST chip.

Basketball fans get to watch playoff like atmosphere in Nov/Dec thats the best part for us. If Lakers dont win it the next few years then eh don't matter. Already won the first one.
"playoff like atmosphere in Nov/Dec thats the best part for us"?

You le ESPN HYPE james fans are a blind bunch. The ESPN referees rewarded an invalid timeout to the Lakers vs the Phoenix Suns, which gave them a much needed win to advance in the Adam Silver/ESPN tournament.

It is so obvious, even a blind man can see Adam Silver and ESPN created this "tournament" for the old man ESPN HYPE James. Aknowdledging that his legs obviously will not have enough energy to make it through an 82 game regular season, much less the playoffs. So they just had make something up to keep giving there FABRICARTED superstar some kind of hardware... THE NBA IS A JOKE

ImKobe
12-13-2023, 03:41 PM
LeBron and AD were able to bring 2 banners to the Lakers.

We want rings with it too.

0 parades, ain't had one since 2010 :kobe: