PDA

View Full Version : Joker ejected for???

Duffy Pratt
12-12-2023, 10:13 PM
When was the last time you saw a star ejected on the opponent’s court and the crowd booed the ref?

There really needs to be something the NBA can do about this sort of thing. It’s totally out of hand. Seen it twice with Joker, with Giannis, with Paul, last night with Trae. Total BS.

Carbine
12-12-2023, 10:23 PM
That is the worst ejection I've seen in 20 years. Jokic getting a T is reasonable, but to flat out eject him is wild.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-12-2023, 10:25 PM
That ref is trash, Jokic was fouled refs called nothing then he ejects Jokic after he complains? Want to call a tech, fine but don't through out the player most fans came out to see.

to hurt his vorp and such things :lol

SATAN
12-12-2023, 10:27 PM
Jokic is a fascist.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-12-2023, 10:30 PM
Doubt that you know what fascist means

highwhey
12-12-2023, 10:31 PM
well deserved, it's about time the officials stop giving preferential treatment to him.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-12-2023, 10:34 PM
:oldlol: what a clown

highwhey
12-12-2023, 11:03 PM
i agree, jokic is a clown

Duffy Pratt
12-12-2023, 11:25 PM
i agree, jokic is a clown

How so?

highwhey
12-12-2023, 11:29 PM
How so?

why don't you tell us? you made the thread title "joker"

tontoz
12-12-2023, 11:34 PM
Reggie Jackson came up big again with starters out. :applause:

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 12:45 AM
why don't you tell us? you made the thread title "joker"

It’s a nickname.

Guess what? LeBron is not actually a king. Karl Malone doesn’t deliver the mail. Julius Erving didn’t practice medicine.

Now, if you think he is, somehow, a clown, why not say why you think so.

Also, I’d be interested in hearing why you think he gets favorable treatment from the refs.

Full Court
12-13-2023, 12:46 AM
He should have Markieff'ed the ref.

https://media.tenor.com/CnTRnQPXlWAAAAAd/jokic-morris.gif

highwhey
12-13-2023, 12:50 AM
It’s a nickname.

Guess what? LeBron is not actually a king. Karl Malone doesn’t deliver the mail. Julius Erving didn’t practice medicine.

Now, if you think he is, somehow, a clown, why not say why you think so.

Also, I’d be interested in hearing why you think he gets favorable treatment from the refs.

he's one of the biggest bitches on the court. dude whines about every call while getting away with a lot of dirty stiff elbows. and the markieff play perfectly displays how he tries to act like a tough guy against smaller players bc he's bigger than 99% of the nba but you never see him actually try that tough guy act against anyone his size. he'd be laid out real quick by gianna or embitch, that's if his 2 brothers that know he's a lil softie b1tch don't run in to protect him. don't get me started on how the nba looks the other way when those 2 idiots act out on the sidelines...lmk which other player gets to bring in 2 goons that threaten other players without any repercussions. i'll wait, please lmk.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-13-2023, 02:31 AM
highwhey, Your the one who is the bitch and it's obvious from that statement, look we all know that your jealous because Jokic is better then anyone on your favorite team and that he is the current NBA champion, but try to not sound so much like a bitch next time your crying because your feelings are hurt.

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 02:45 AM
We got the official explanation for Jokic’s ejection. He was ejected after getting only one technical foul because he directed profanity at the referee. This met the referee’s standards.

Here’s what the rule book says: “Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical foul.”

Why is the NBA letting the officials rewrite their rule book? Can anyone give another example of a player being ejected with only one technical, and the sole basis was he said a bad word? (This is right up there with the ejection of Duncan for laughing on the bench, or Sheed for staying quiet and staring.)

Imagine being a fan in Chicago who paid to see this game because it was your only opportunity to see Jokic. And the NBA thinks load management is a problem?

elementally morale
12-13-2023, 04:40 PM
It's the second time he got ejected in the 2nd quarter on the road. The team managed to win both games (the other one was at Detroit). It's fortunate Jokic isn't playing for stats but as fans we are not happy. (Pistons fans also were criticizing the refs as was the team's commentator.)

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 05:55 PM
It's the second time he got ejected in the 2nd quarter on the road. The team managed to win both games (the other one was at Detroit). It's fortunate Jokic isn't playing for stats but as fans we are not happy. (Pistons fans also were criticizing the refs as was the team's commentator.)

I don’t remember the crowd booing at the Detroit ejection, but the Detroit announcers were clearly critical there. Of course, it wasn’t Serbian Heritage Day in Detroit either. (Joker will play in Chicago maybe a dozen times in his career. The Bulls decide to capitalize on it by luring in a Serb crowd with a “special” night and then the refs make it extra special.). Also, Joker was looking to get ejected in Detroit - he charged at the ref and clearly showed them up with his actions in not getting the calls that obviously would have gone to basically any wing player in the same situation. This one was completely different, and apparently the same ref has done similar things already this year with Butler and Mann.

highwhey
12-13-2023, 06:07 PM
his ass got ejected for being a lil beeetch

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 06:22 PM
his ass got ejected for being a lil beeetch

If only the mods would do the same thing here…

highwhey
12-13-2023, 06:41 PM
If only the mods would do the same thing here…

you are free to pull a jokic and run to the mods to b1tch at them

highwhey
12-13-2023, 06:42 PM
i see no one has provided an answer or even dared to acknowledge my very valid point i made previously...:oldlol:

highwhey
12-13-2023, 06:48 PM
highwhey, Your the one who is the bitch and it's obvious from that statement, look we all know that your jealous because Jokic is better then anyone on your favorite team and that he is the current NBA champion, but try to not sound so much like a bitch next time your crying because your feelings are hurt.

unlike u immature fanbois, i can acknowledge the faults of my favorite player and i get upset when booker stays yelling at a ref instead of getting back on defense and he does it quite often. joker complains a lot to the refs and yells at them, i'm pretty sure he yells profanities in his native tounge as well which immediately infuriates a lot of people.

don't sit there and act like he doesn't get away with a lot. every superstar does.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-13-2023, 06:54 PM
Because you have yet to actually make a valid point, you are clearly just a hater who is envious of Jokers success. If he was on a team that you root for, your outlook would be the exact opposite. People like you are exactly what gives the concept of "Fans" a bad rap.

highwhey
12-13-2023, 06:55 PM
oh so you live in a fairy tale where jokic is perfect and doesn't get away with a lot. interesting.

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 07:20 PM
unlike u immature fanbois, i can acknowledge the faults of my favorite player and i get upset when booker stays yelling at a ref instead of getting back on defense and he does it quite often. joker complains a lot to the refs and yells at them, i'm pretty sure he yells profanities in his native tounge as well which immediately infuriates a lot of people.

don't sit there and act like he doesn't get away with a lot. every superstar does.

You started by saying he gets preferential treatment. Now you say that every superstar gets away with a lot. If that’s so, then it’s not particularly preferential (only Detroit and a couple of other teams might have cause to complain).

You are right that he complains a lot. There are decent metrics which tend to show he has a right to complain. Look at who is leading as the victim of bad calls in the NBA 2 minute report. I think, like Shaq, he is extremely hard to ref. There isn’t another player in the league who consistently bullies smaller players in the post with the back down moves he uses. The result is that refs swallow their whistles, usually both ways. But not so much this year from what I’ve seen.

Last night, on the preceding play, Joker was called for a tickytack foul for a slight push on a post play. Then, on the very next play, he was pushed exactly the same way and also hacked on the forearm. So he swore at the ref in passing, and that was it. All the refs would need to do is call it the same on both ends, but that seems to be beyond them.

highwhey
12-13-2023, 07:30 PM
You started by saying he gets preferential treatment. Now you say that every superstar gets away with a lot. If that’s so, then it’s not particularly preferential (only Detroit and a couple of other teams might have cause to complain).

You are right that he complains a lot. There are decent metrics which tend to show he has a right to complain. Look at who is leading as the victim of bad calls in the NBA 2 minute report. I think, like Shaq, he is extremely hard to ref. There isn’t another player in the league who consistently bullies smaller players in the post with the back down moves he uses. The result is that refs swallow their whistles, usually both ways. But not so much this year from what I’ve seen.

Last night, on the preceding play, Joker was called for a tickytack foul for a slight push on a post play. Then, on the very next play, he was pushed exactly the same way and also hacked on the forearm. So he swore at the ref in passing, and that was it. All the refs would need to do is call it the same on both ends, but that seems to be beyond them.

it is preferential treatment. not every nba player is a superstar, and certainly not to his degree. he will get the benefit of the doubt vs most other players and often does.

FKAri
12-13-2023, 10:37 PM
Do we know what he even said?

Duffy Pratt
12-13-2023, 11:58 PM
Do we know what he even said?

Not sure, but reports are that it was “call the effing foul, MFer.”

who gives a shit what he said

you have to be a bitch to throw someone out of a game because they called you a name

highwhey
12-14-2023, 04:06 PM
Not sure, but reports are that it was “call the effing foul, MFer.”

then he deserved it

Duffy Pratt
12-14-2023, 05:13 PM
then he deserved it

The NBA rules explicitly state otherwise.

You can still opine that he deserved it, but if so, the NBA should change their rules.

NugzFan
12-14-2023, 05:53 PM
well deserved, it's about time the officials stop giving preferential treatment to him.

:lol I assume this is sarcasm?

highwhey
12-14-2023, 06:12 PM
The NBA rules explicitly state otherwise.

You can still opine that he deserved it, but if so, the NBA should change their rules.

and the rules also call for HARSH PUNISHMENT if a player puts his hands on someone in the stands yet he didn't even get suspended.

so stop acting like a scorn woman pretending like he is being treated unfairly. he's a lil beetch.

i wish z-bo was still around, he'd knock this flabby boy to the ground and humble him.

NugzFan
12-14-2023, 07:22 PM
and the rules also call for HARSH PUNISHMENT if a player puts his hands on someone in the stands yet he didn't even get suspended.

so stop acting like a scorn woman pretending like he is being treated unfairly. he's a lil beetch.

i wish z-bo was still around, he'd knock this flabby boy to the ground and humble him.

I genuinely enjoy how much this bothers you.

highwhey
12-14-2023, 09:15 PM
and i enjoy how much this ejection bothers you all

Duffy Pratt
12-15-2023, 02:11 AM

Please quote the rule. What the rules actually state is that a player shall be ejected for entering the stands. Jokic did not enter the stands.

There’s also a rule about doing anything unsportsmanlike. On that, under those circumstances, I would have been fine with a double tech - one for both Jokic and the owner. I would even have been OK with tossing them both. You don’t get to simply hang onto the ball as a spectator. You especially don’t if you are the owner and you are delaying the game.

But your reply here is simply whataboutism. If the rules are what you say, then yes, they should have been enforced. But it turns out that in both cases you are wrong about the rules.

highwhey
12-15-2023, 01:25 PM
Please quote the rule. What the rules actually state is that a player shall be ejected for entering the stands. Jokic did not enter the stands.

There’s also a rule about doing anything unsportsmanlike. On that, under those circumstances, I would have been fine with a double tech - one for both Jokic and the owner. I would even have been OK with tossing them both. You don’t get to simply hang onto the ball as a spectator. You especially don’t if you are the owner and you are delaying the game.

But your reply here is simply whataboutism. If the rules are what you say, then yes, they should have been enforced. But it turns out that in both cases you are wrong about the rules.

nothing you said excuses his behavior. the spectator wether a regular fan or NBA owner should not be touched by an NBA player or vice versa. i agree he should not have held the ball but that's nto grounds to shove someone LOL, are you stupid? :roll:

the officials are the ones that retrieve the ball and they would have taken care of the situation by calling security to throw out someone delaying the game dumbass.

and keep ignoring the fact that the NBA allows his brothers to threaten NBA players and scream obceneties from the stands. most regular people would be ejected at the first sight of them threatning an nba player :facepalm

Duffy Pratt
12-15-2023, 03:30 PM
nothing you said excuses his behavior. the spectator wether a regular fan or NBA owner should not be touched by an NBA player or vice versa. i agree he should not have held the ball but that's nto grounds to shove someone LOL, are you stupid? :roll:

the officials are the ones that retrieve the ball and they would have taken care of the situation by calling security to throw out someone delaying the game dumbass.

and keep ignoring the fact that the NBA allows his brothers to threaten NBA players and scream obceneties from the stands. most regular people would be ejected at the first sight of them threatning an nba player :facepalm

Once again, you create a rule that is not in the rule book. A throw in after an out of bounds commences after the official gives the ball to the player. But nothing in the rules says anything about who retrieves the ball. There is no such rule and we see players retrieving balls out of bounds all the time.

Moreover, I’ve said nothing to excuse Jocik’s behavior on that play. I would have given technicals to both of them, which is clearly permissible under the conduct rule. You do realize that the owner put his hand on Joker’s back before Joker pushed him and he flopped, don’t you? Does your ‘vice versa” apply, or not? That combined with refusing to let go of the ball should have been enough for there to be some consequence. Joker got a 25K fine (a slap on the wrist) and the billionaire owner got absolutely nothing. So who got the preferential treatment here?

Back to my main point. I’m simply talking about the application of the rules that actually are rules. With every post, you seem to come up with some rule that simply doesn’t exist.