PDA

View Full Version : Censorship isn't the Answer

bdonovan
12-13-2023, 08:51 AM
I realize people are emotional about the Green-Nurkic conflict but censorship is not the answer. I posted a screenshot of what Nurkic did to Green before Green responded and a mod locked the post. Mods should enforce agreed up on rules, not merely restrict posts that disagree with their personal opinions. If we want a honest, open discussion of the subject, then we need to let all opinions be expressed, even those that are unpopular or disagree with mod preferences.

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2023, 08:58 AM
It may not work, but all we can do is try.

Akeem34TheDream
12-13-2023, 11:05 AM
It may not work, but all we can do is try.

If someone wants to make a clown of himself why would you stop him? Guys like that are one of the main allure of here. I would understand if it was spamming or something unethical. You probably banned him for a day or sth for laughs but still. Imagine this forum without guys like 3ball, Xiao, Stephonit, bdonovan and many Lebron/Kobe stans. It would suck.

GimmeThat
12-13-2023, 11:14 AM
never understood why the volume of my rage wasn't appreciated

1_BAD_TIGER
12-13-2023, 07:13 PM
I agree censorship can be a problem, but sometimes it's needed, like in you post about Green being hurt by Nurkic's kong-fu grip is tin-foil hat conspiracy level at best. And Draymond has already said that he was trying to accentuate a foul and hit Nurkic in the head; he's lying, but that what he said.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Went back an looked at the game footage again, you are so full of shit, Nurkic's hand was on Draymond for a tenth of a second then he moved his hand away just before Draymond turned around. Draymond is totally at fault with no one else to blame but his dirty self.

ArbitraryWater
12-13-2023, 07:25 PM
It is in this case

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2023, 07:41 PM
If someone wants to make a clown of himself why would you stop him? Guys like that are one of the main allure of here. I would understand if it was spamming or something unethical. You probably banned him for a day or sth for laughs but still. Imagine this forum without guys like 3ball, Xiao, Stephonit, bdonovan and many Lebron/Kobe stans. It would suck.
That is your view. You enjoy stupid, repetitive garbage. And that's generally allowed. To me though, it's just garbage and not interesting at all.

highwhey
12-13-2023, 08:09 PM
op got banned :roll: